Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ DIGIBALL Z: Here comes Friezamon. ❯ Thank you Popomon ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
 
Friezamon's newer form made him look taller and much stronger. He had horns sticking out through his head too, and they looked pretty deadly. His power level also increased immensely.
 
“Ahh… I feel big again. Eh, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!” he chuckled. He slowly began to creep up towards the others who had were still down. “Now then… I think I shall start with you first.” he said as he poised himself over Ken.
 
“No! Ken!” cried Yolei.
 
Friezamon powered up his blast. “Heh, heh, heh… my favorite part of the game… the blood shedding!”
 
Ken quivered in fear as he was beginning to see his life flash before his eyes but, suddenly, as Friezamon fired his blast. “SUCTION-ABSORBTION!!” Popomon leapt out in the way of the blast and sucked it up harmlessly through his mouth like it was a milkshake.
 
Friezamon was very surprised. “What?!”
 
Popomon then blew Friezamon's own attack right back at him double the force; enough to sending flying back and crashing through so many different walls of the rotted buildings.
 
CRASH… BANG… WHALOP!!
 
Popomon nodded with the “Take that!” expression on his face. Then he turned to the others. “Are you all right?” he asked to Ken who was panting, trying to breathe a sigh of relief.
 
“You came not a moment too soon, Popomon. I thought I was finished.”
 
Popomon helped Ken up. “There is no time to explain Ken… you must absorb me, at once.” he said.
 
“Ah?!”
 
“WHAT?!” the others all cried out at once.
 
“But, but Popomon?” cried Cody. “If he absorbs you, we may never see you again.”
 
Popomon was well aware of that. “I do not like it as much as the rest of you, but there is no other choice.” he said. “Only by absorbing my power will you have a fighting chance against Friezamon now that his power has increased. If you do not, I fear he will beat you for certain.”
 
Ken never felt so confused in his life. What was he going to do? However, Popomon did have a point, that Friezamon was too strong to fight in his current status, but still… did Ken really want to absorb one of the greatest friends the team ever knew just to increase his own power?
 
Ken drew in the deepest breath he had ever breathed before. “He's right… there is no other choice.” he said. “I'll have to do it.”
 
“Ken.” Yolei peeped softly as she held her hand to he throat.
 
“No… don't do it.” cried Kari. “There's got to be another way.”
 
TK held his arm in front of her. “Let them go.” he said. “They know what they're doing, Kari. They're trying to give us a chance.”
 
Thormon nodded in agreement. “Look at it in another way, Kari.” he said. “There is only one life on the line at this point; Popomon's life, and we don't do something to help matters and fast, then every life in the world and the worlds beyond it will suffer.”
 
All the other Digimon and, even Cody agreed.
 
Ken put his arm on Popomon's shoulder. “Thank you, Popomon.” he said trying to be strong about this. “We won't forget you, ever.”
 
Popomon nodded his head in honor. “Nor will I forget any of you.” he said deeply. “Now, Ken… hold your arms out and stand still.”
 
Ken did as he was told and held his arms out as wide as they were stretch. Then… Popomon reach over and laid his hand upon Ken's chest, and the two of them began to glow with a bright light.
 
(Like in the Power Rangers Movie, when they get their Ninja suits)
 
Popomon's body then changed into a field of sparkling-dust, that began to fly many circles over Ken's head. Everyone watched in awe as the sparkles began to insert into Ken's body.
 
Then the light had vanished, and although Ken didn't physically appear to be any different than he was already, except that all his injuries had healed. Everyone could also sense his power levels rising higher than ever before.
 
“It's… incredible.” TK said.
 
“It's amazing.” added Kari.
 
Everyone else nodded, and Ken held his chest softy and thought silently to himself, “Thank you, Popomon. You will always be with us, and together we will make Friezamon pay for all that he's done.”
 
Friezamon burst up through a pile of rubble. He was all filthy and covered in dust and ashes. He even had his horns jammed into an I-beam, a few injuries from being hit by his own attack, but he was really ragging mad now.
 
“Those little ingrates have made a fool of me again!” he yelled to particularly no one as he yanked his horns out from the I-beam. “I will not stand for this utter humiliation!!”
 
“Friezamon!!” called a voice. Friezamon looked up and saw Ken hovering overhead.
 
Friezamon's scowl changed into an evil grin. “Well, well… I see you've finally come to your senses and are ready to surrender to me.”
 
“Wrong!” Ken snapped. “I have no intention of losing, but I do have the intention to destroy you and make you pay for what you've done.”
 
The others were all watching from the dilapidated roofs.
 
“Humph!” grunted Friezamon. “I'll teach you some respect! Three seconds, that's how long you have to live… “FRIEZAMON NIGHTMARE!!” he began to charge straight towards Ken like a missile, and Ken just stood there with his arms folded.
 
Then, just as Friezamon was about to grab him… ZIP!! Ken seemed to have vanished, causing Friezamon to miss, then suddenly Ken reappeared behind him and gave him a good BOOT in the back, sending the monster crashing down below into another pile of rubble.
 
“Whoa! Did you see that?” asked Hornetmon.
 
The others nodded. “Ken just dodged that blow as if was coming at him in slow motion.” said Cody.
 
“It must because his speed increased along with his power when he absorbed Popomon.” TK added.
 
“This is incredible, can anyone show me how to do that?” Kari asked rhetorically.
 
Ken touched down and called over to the pile of rubble. “Three seconds and counting; I'm still here. What do you say to that, Friezamon?”
 
Friezamon's respond was bursting through the rubble in an angry blast. “So, it seems you do have some special qualities.” he hissed. “I must say… you should feel honored. No one has ever caused me great injuries in my second form, you really should give yourself a pat on the back, because I can assure you… it will not happen again!”
 
Ken just got into a fighter pose. “Ha!” he snapped. “All your threats do is give me a real pain in the neck! Now lets get on with this!”
 
“With pleasure!”
 
With that… the battle continued.