Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Camp ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Note: thank you to the 4 people who actually got up to chapter 8, hope you read it... Two more chapters to go after this, and then the sequal! - Tatra

Chapter Nine

Mina and Raye were going across the lake in their boat. And Amy went around the lake. At the middle of the lake they were confronted by Ayeka and Washu in their boat.

"We're going to win!" Ayeka said.

Mina and Raye ignored her. They just kept rowing, until they were past Ayeka and Washu.

"I bet I could soup this thing up!" They heard Washu say.

They heard clinking and then they heard screams. Mina looked back to see Ayeka and Washu's boat zooming around. It was heading towards them!

"Raye! Paddle harder!" Mina yelled.

Raye looked behind them and they started to paddle faster.

In no time at all they had reached the shore. Mina and Raye got out of the boat, panting. Ayeka and Washu's boat zoomed past them. They crashed into the woods surrounding the whole camp. Mina and Raye looked at each other. Raye shrugged and they started walking to the base.

Amy was walking around the lake. She had seen the out of control boat and thought that Ayeka and Washu would be alright, a few scrapes maybe.

After a while Amy decided to eat lunch. She ate her lunch and started to walk to the base again.

When Amy got to the base she started to scan it. (It's a different base from the last time, they trade bases when the contest's over.) Like the other base, she found the side door and the trap door. The door was, like the other door, covered in a wall of dirt.

"I'll take care of the dirt. Mercury Star Power!" Amy yelled.

She transformed into Sailor Mercury.

"Shine Aqua Illusion!" Mercury yelled.

The attack hit the dirt, and froze it. Sailor Mercury jumped up and kicked the ice. The ice cracked and fell down. And where the ice, or the wall of dirt, used to be there was a door. Sailor Mercury de-transformed and opened the door. Amy walked in, with her computer out, and started to walk over to where the first trap door was supposed to be. With the light that the open door made, Amy found the trap door. She opened the door and climbed down the ladder. When she made it to the ground, she pulled out a flashlight. Amy started walking while shining the flashlight around.

"What's that?" Amy asked herself.

She went over and knelt down, shining the flashlight on whatever it was.

"It looks like a treasure chest. I'll get some of the councilors down here when the contest is over. After all, I will have no need in hiding the secret passages any more," Amy said.

She got back up and started over to the ladder. This time she didn't bump into the second ladder, since she had the flashlight. Amy climbed up the second ladder and pushed open the trap door. All she saw was a dark blue. Then she remembered that they had a blue rug in this cabin.

"Apparently the trap doors are under rugs, probably so that no one would find it. Except the smart kids, like me," Amy said to herself.

She carefully pushed the door up so that she could see. She saw Ryoko standing there, staring at the flag.

"I'll never get it if she keeps looking at it," Amy thought.

Just then Mina and Raye ran in. Ryoko ran at them, giving Amy a chance to get the flag!

Amy reached up.

Washu and Ayeka came out of the bushes that the boat landed in. Ayeka was yelling at Washu.

"Why did you have to fool with the boat?!" Ayeka yelled.

"I was only trying to make the boat go faster, and make it so that we didn't have to row. I had no idea that it would get out of control like that," Washu said.

"Well it sure went fast, so fast the we practically were flying!" Ayeka yelled.

Washu just shrugged and started walking. Ayeka fallowed, still yelling. When they got to the base Sasami was already there.

"What took you so long? You should of gotten here sooner than me," Sasami said.

"We had a little trouble," Washu replied.

"More like an out of control boat," Ayeka muttered.

Sasami looked at Ayeka, who shrugged.

"Let's get down to business, people. My computer detected a side door. I'll go in the side door and you two will go in the front door," Washu said.

She had her computer out while they were talking.

Ayeka and Sasami nodded. Washu went around to the side door and opened it. A cold gust of air greeted her.

"Brrr," Washu stepped into the sunlight.

After she warmed up, which wasn't too long, she went into the passage way and started walking towards the crack of light and the sounds of a struggle. When she got the door, she tried to open the door a crack, but it was stuck.

"What's with this door?" Washu asked herself. "I know! I'll use one of my inventions! I just happen to have a very useful one here."

Washu pulled out a weird looking key.

"This 'll do it!" Washu said as she fit the weird key into the keyhole.

She turned it and the door popped open. Washu peeked in.

"Great, they're keeping her busy," Washu snuck in, only to be cut off by Lita.

"None of you 'll get this flag," Lita said.

"That is what you think," Ayeka said.

Ayeka grabbed the flag and headed towards the front door. Lita ran if front of Ayeka.

"Can't get pass me," Lita said.

"Where is it?" Washu asked herself.

She was routing around in her bag, looking for something.

"Aha!" Washu exclaimed.

She pulled what looked to be a boxing glove. She attached something to the boxing glove and it started to spin. Washu pointed it to Lita and pushed a button that sent the boxing glove towards Lita.

"Oof," Lita said as the boxing glove hit her.

She slid forward, blocking the door.

"Oh great, we'll never get the flag out," Ayeka said.

"There's the side door. The glove will keep her busy for a while," Washu said.

The all headed towards the side door.

Amy reached up and grabbed the flag.

"I got it!" Amy thought as she slowly started to climb down the ladder.

When the trap door was almost closed, she reached up and slid the rug back over the door. Then she closed the trap door entirely. She crossed over the small space that was under the base, and climbed up the first ladder. She was almost out the side door when her communicator went off.

"Yes?" Amy answered her communicator.

"Cabin E has our flag, and are heading toward mess hall," Lita said, breathing heavily.

"Okay, I got their flag and I'm on the way to the mess hall," Amy replied.

"Hurry," Lita said and ended the transmission.

Amy started to run, Raye and Mina couldn't keep Ryoko busy for long. As she ran she heard her communicator go off again.

"Yeah?" Amy answered her communicator.

"Ryoko got us out. She noticed the flag was gone, and is heading you way," Raye said and ended the transmission.

Amy started to slow down. She was thinking, she had to get to the mess hall, fast.

"Mercury Star Power!" Amy transformed into Sailor Mercury.

She started to run at full speed. With in a few seconds later she had reached the mess hall. She stopped and de-transformed, then she went into the mess hall.

"You got the flag, yea!" Rini and Hotaru cheered.

"Way to go! I knew you could do it!" Serena said.

Amy smiled and went over to Setsuna.

"I believe you already know this, but there is something in the secret place that I used to get the flag. It looked like a treasure chest, I was thinking that a few people could go and get it," Amy told Setsuna, who smiled.

"Alright, how about you, Gohan and Trunks go and get it. And Small Lady can tell everyone who won. Is that alright with you guys?" Setsuna asked.

"Fine with me," Trunks replied.

Gohan just nodded.

"Can Hotaru go with me?" Rini asked.

"If she wants to go, Small Lady, then yes," Setsuna replied.

They all left. Rini and Hotaru went towards cabin D's base. And the others went to cabin E's base, they were going to tell Ryoko, Raye, and Mina.

They met a angry Ryoko halfway to the base. Amy hid behind Trunks.

"Cabin D won," Gohan said, he braced himself.

"Grr, when I find the person who got the flag away from me, I'll blast them into smitherines," Ryoko growled as she flew off to search for Amy.

Gohan sighed with relief. They started walking again.

"Uh, wouldn't it be faster if we flew?" Gohan asked.

"Yeah, I'll carry Amy," Trunks replied.

Amy got on Trunks's back and they flew towards the base. A little while later the met Mina and Raye. Amy got off and told them that they won. After they told Mina and Raye who won, they walked the rest of the way.

When they got to the base Amy showed them the side door and went in. They found the Trap door and climbed down the ladder.

"It's over here," Amy pointed to the treasure chest.

"It doesn't look too heavy," Gohan said as he picked it up.

They went back up the ladder. Amy went first and then Trunks, who took the treasure chest from Gohan. Then Gohan climbed up. They went out the side door again and Trunks blasted off with the chest. Amy got onto Gohan's back and the flew off after Trunks.

When they got back to the mess hall they found everyone gather around. Trunks put the chest down.

"Setsuna, do you know what the chest was for?" Amy asked.

"Ah, yes I do. When this camp had just started, they used to have a treasure hunt. One time someone hid the chest and no one could find it, since no one knew about the secret passage. When they couldn't find it they gave up on the hunt and started the flag game. Shall we open it?" Setsuna told them.

"Who's gonna open it?" Sasami asked.

"How 'bout Amy? She found it," Hotaru asked.

"Yes, it should be Amy, go ahead," Setsuna agreed.

Amy nodded and reached to open it.