Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Tomachi ❯ In the Beginning... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors Note: Okay, as far as I can tell from reviews, people like the storyline so far. I'm glad, and I hope the story becomes everything all of you expect it to be!! Enjoy! And please, R&R.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
On the last chapter, Chapter 1: Introduction:
 
She put the capsule in a container holding three other capsules and, set it inside the travelers bag. The bag was similar to a messenger bag, and she draped the strap over her head were it sat on one shoulder. She walked over to her cyborg horse, its reins tied onto a tree. Untying the reins, she got on the horse. As the horse begins to gallop off a dog tag is seen on the bag. It has one word on it, a name. Tomachi.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Chapter 2: In the Beginning…
 
Tomachi was born 815 A.D. on the planet Vegeta. Her mother, Katsu was the mate of the great Saiyan ruler, King Vegeta. When Vegeta was young he had stolen her heart with his gestures of love for her, but that was a long time ago; now he was very cold to her. He was doing it for her protection, or that's what she'd tell herself.
 
When Tomachi was born, many were alarmed due to her not having a tail. King Vegeta was outraged, saying his mate had defiled herself by baring another man's child. He nearly beat her to death, and would have if he hadn't regained control of his temper. She never admitted to him that she gave birth another man's child and neither did she deny it. She used her arms for support as she lifted herself partway off of the ground. She glared at him then, blood sipping from her nostrils and a corner of her mouth. Angry tears slide down her cheeks as he walked away from her and didn't speak to her for days.
 
After much persuasion, King Vegeta's officials convinced him that it was merely a birth defect, which was possible. It had been heard of Saiyans being born without tails and still being as strong and as fierce warriors as any other Saiyan. Three months after she had been born, King Vegeta accepted that she was part of the family.
 
As she grew, she proved herself and showed each day that she wasn't any ordinary little girl. In fact, she was quite brilliant for her age. She began walking and saying basic words before any of the other children. By the time she reached the age of two, she could write whole sentences.
 
She wasn't the only child in the family; she had an older brother who was named after their father, Vegeta. He was seven years older than her, and it took him awhile to get used to the idea of having a sibling, especially a girl. Sure girls were as great of warriors as boys, but him being nine and her two, he thought of her as nothing but a nuisance and a weakling. When she reached her third birthday, Prince Vegeta made a comment of her being nothing to him. This hurt her deeply, because all she'd been trying to do for a lot of her life was impress her brother. He just laughed at her pain as tears filled her eyes. She ran over and pushed him hard, knocking him over. She glared at him as he lay on the floor with a look of surprise on his face; a glare much like the one Katsu gave King Vegeta three years earlier. She ran away from him bailing to her mother so that Vegeta wouldn't hurt her.
 
Yes she was quite the remarkable child, and for good reason. Tomachi wasn't King Vegeta's daughter; her father wasn't even a Saiyan. Of course Tomachi had no idea she wasn't a full blooded Saiyan. He was a vampire, the King of all vampires, Dracula. Why he was on the planet Vegeta to begin with is unknown, all that is known is that he and Katsu fell in love.
 
One night Katsu took Tomachi to see her father for the first time. “Mama…where are we going?” asked a curious Tomachi as her mother put her tunic on her. “We're going to see an old friend my little Tomo”, Katsu answered as she pulled her own tunic over her shoulders and took Tomachi's hand. Katsu led her out of the palace and through the forest that lay on the edge of the property. Little did Tomachi know that they were sneaking out of their home, and that their world would be coming to an end.
 
Katsu took her daughter to the center of the wood where the ground flattened and for about twenty feet no trees grew. They stopped halfway to the other side; Tomachi noticed a figure standing on the other side of the wood in the shadows. She let go of her mother's hand and went behind her, holding onto Katsu's dress all the while. Katsu saw the figure too, and her face brightened as she took a step towards the figure only to be stopped by Tomachi who stood in the same place still holding into her mother's dress.
 
“Tomo…come now, don't be shy.” Katsu turned to her daughter and reached out her hand. “Come my little Tomo…I want you to meet someone very special to me.” Tomachi hesitated, then reached out and took her mother's hand. Katsu led her over to where her father stood; as they approached he walked out of the shadows.
 
“Mama…I'm scared…something bad is going to happen…” Tomachi had learned at a very young age to always listen to her instincts, they were always right about danger. “Don't worry baby everything is going to be alright.” Katsu said to her as they stopped a few feet from the figure. She released her daughter's hand and embraced the man before her, they murmur to each other back and forth, but none of it is audible to Tomachi. They let go of one another and look down at her; she looks back at them, still fearful of what might happen. She had a feeling that he wasn't like her mother, or anyone else on the planet for that matter.
 
Katsu smiles at Tomachi, “Tomo, this is your...” as she hesitates, movement is heard in the woods. All three of them stare in the direction of the noises as three the royal guards run towards them, blasters connected to their right arms. The guards stop about five feet from them, the middle one aiming his blaster at them. “Step away from her and the child!” he ordered, as the other two moved in to grab them.
 
“No… stay away” she told them as she reached for Tomachi, “I wont let you hurt him!” Katsu continued as they approached them. One guard grabbed Tomachi by the arm even with her constant squirming to get out of his hold. The other guard grabbed Katsu even as she protested to them to leaving her companion alone. She reached out to her love as the guard pulled her away, all the while the last guard still aimed at him with his blaster. At last, her companion spoke “I'll be fine, don't worry about me.”
 
As the guard fired his blaster she forced herself out of his grip and ran in front of her love, blocking the blast from him and getting hit in the process. “Mama!!!” Tomachi screamed, the guard holding her letting go due to shock. The blast had hit her stomach and she coughed up blood as she fell into her companion's arms. The royal guards looked terrified, knowing they had given the royal mate of the King a fatal wound. Katsu's companion stared down at her, sadness filling his handsome face, and then he gently set Katsu on the ground and looked at the guards. Tomachi ran to her mother as the mysterious figure lunged at the guards.
 
As he killed each one of them, their screams filling the air, Tomachi sobbed next to her mother. “Now now…don't cry my little one,” her mother said weakly as she took her child into her arms. Tomachi sniffled and looked at Katsu, her cheeks tear stricken. “My Tomo…I want you to have my pendant…take it off for me please...” Tomachi undid the chain to the pendant that hangs around her mother's neck. As she holds it in her hands, her mother takes it from her, clips the chain back together, and then places the pendant over her daughter's head and into her neck.
 
“Now Tomo…I want you to go with this man…” Her companion stood a few feet away from them, Tomachi turned and looked at him. She looks back at her mother. “But mama…I want to stay with you…” she hugs her mother. “I know baby…but I can't take care of you anymore…” she hugged her child back as tight as she could as her strength continued to leave her body with the blood piddling around her.
 
As she let go of Tomachi, the figure picked her up from behind and lifted her. She took her mother's outreached hand. “I love you Tomo…” “I love you too mama…I don't want to go…” She let go of Tomachi's hand and the figure knelt down and gave her one last kiss. She whispered something to him with her last breath, but only he can here it. He walked away, holding Tomachi in his arms as she began to cry and say she wanted to be with her mother.
 
He walked through the woods for a quarter of a mile until it ended at the enterance of a space pod launch. During the walk, Tomachi had calmed down and stopped sobbing, now she was very quite and her expression blank. The figure stops at the entrance, a guard standing in the way. The guard says nothing as the figure pulls two bags of gold from a pouch on his side.
 
He hands the bags to the guard and the guard stands aside, letting them inside. He walks down the hall holding a very quite Tomachi and comes across the space pods. He opens one with the press of a button and sets her gently inside. There is a control panel on the side of the door, and he begins putting in coordinates to a location.
 
Tomachi watches him do this, shock still settling into her little form. When he finishes he looks at her, giving her a faint, sad smile. He extends a hand and brushes the back of it against the side of her cheek gently, then lets his hand come to the top of her head, he ruffles her hair a bit. “We'll meet again someday little one…” She stared at him, not knowing how to react to what he said and not feeling anything at the same time. He took back his hand and stood while closing the pod.
 
He stood and began situating the pod next to hers rather quickly as the pod began a count down “10…9…8…” In space at that very moment was Frieza's ship preparing to blow up the planet Vegeta. “7…6…5…4…” Tomachi looked around at that moment, starting to panic as she released what was happening. “3…2…1.” As it took off she let out a scream due to the sudden speed she was going. As she entered space it began to feel like the ship pod wasn't moving at all, but she looked out the window of the pod and knew it was moving quickly.
 
Suddenly there was a jolt that shook the pod with so much force that Tomachi had to hang onto something. She looked at the window behind her and her eyes grew wide and her mouth gaped open. Vegeta was gone. Her world. Her home. Gone. Silent tears rolled down her cheeks as she faced forward.
 
The pod sprayed a sleeping gas inside the small ship and she fell asleep instantly. On the side of the pod the coordinates can be seen. An image of a planet is shown. Above the planet it says the name if it. Earth.
 
To Be Continued…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
I hope all of you enjoyed that, please review and tell me what you think!!