Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Tomachi ❯ Years Go By, Pondering the Past ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Okay…school is in the air, so I probably won't have much time to write anymore, but I'll make the time, no worries. Enjoy!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
On the last chapter, Chapter 4: Young Heartache
 
She walked over to Goku and picked him up, carrying him back to the hut. She lay him down on his mat and covers him up with his blanket. She lays in hers and closes her eyes, sadness still over her, and falls into a deep sleep.
 
By now the sun was just below the horizon, and a new day was arriving.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Chapter 5: Years Go By, Pondering the Past
 
“Where's Grandpa?” Goku asked as he ferociously devoured the large trout he caught in the lake. Tomachi was quiet for the moment; think on what to tell Goku. “He went on a long journey, but…umm…he said he would always be with us in this ball.” Tomo said as she pointed at their five-star dragonball in the corner.
 
“Ooooohhhhh” Goku said with awe, looking at the pretty stone. Of course neither of them knew what a dragonball was; the stone had been in the hut since the two of them had arrived five years before. She knew she shouldn't lie to Goku, but she knew he wouldn't be able to handle the guilt of killing his own grandfather.
 
Goku never found out the truth even after he died many years after that, but that's another story all together. For seven years the two survived in the hut alone, until a teenager named Bulma showed up and took them on the adventure of their lives. They met many strange and interesting people along the way; neither had any idea the planet was so big and that so many people lived there.
 
They met such characters as Yamcha, Puer, Yajirobi, Krillian, Chi Chi, and many others. When they met Master Roshi, he taught them his fighting technique. Master Roshi was a little hesitant on teaching a girl, but Tomachi proved herself to him. Goku fell in love with Chi Chi, and had a son who they named Gohan, after his grandfather.
 
Tomachi and Goku were naturally close, being like siblings to one another, so she was always around the couple and their child. They all went their separate ways until the reunion five years later. By then Goku was 20 to Tomachi's 23. She stopped aging at the 17, but not even she knew that yet; she thought she was a full-blooded Saiyan. Tomachi had her own place near Goku's house, so she road with them in the air car to Master Roshi's island.
 
When they arrived, Tomachi noticed how different everyone looked. Everyone exchanged hugs and got to meet 4-year-old Gohan. Krillian made a comment on how Tomachi didn't look abit different; her hair was still short as always. She made a comment back, saying, “At least I have hair.” And they all laughed. As everyone began to chatter with one another on what had happened in the past 5 years, Tomachi looked at Gohan. “I was no older than he is right now when I first arrived here…” she thought to herself.
 
She never told the other's that she and Goku where not of this Earth, and was hoping they'd never find out. An unfamiliar voice made a comment, and everyone looked over to see whom it was. Tomo held her breath for a moment, not believing what she saw before her. It looked like everyone would find out that she and Goku weren't human after all. Raddiz stood there, and began to talk as if he lived on Earth his entire life. “How can you speak this language?” Tomo interrupted him, tensing as she readied herself for battle.
 
Raddiz looked surprised. “How would you know if I could or could not speak your language?” Raddiz asked suspiciously. “Well, if he knew Goku wasn't human, he might as well know I'm not either.” She thought to herself. “How is Vegeta doing?” she asked.
 
It sounded like a small talk question, but her voice didn't have a hint of kindness to it. Bulma got behind Tomachi and whispered to her “Tomachi, what are you talking about…?” Raddiz heard her of course. “What? Tomachi?” All was silent at that moment…only the wind blew.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Tomachi road the cyborg horse into a village of The Frontier. By now it was midday, and she didn't know why she thought back on her past now of all times. It was so long ago…why dwell on it now? People gave her looks; it was common for the people of The Frontier to eye strangers as suspicious. She stopped her horse at the town bar and tied the reins to a wooden stand.
 
The bar in The Frontier village was the hang out; the place for everyone including children to play card games, the house wives talk, and the men drink. Tomo sat at an empty table, everyone inside eyeing her, then going back to what they had been doing before. Due to her dark attire, it was obvious of her profession. The truth is…Tomo wasn't a stranger to any of the villages. She'd been to all of them a countless number of times, but would move from village to village as the years passed, trying to make a living.
 
How ironic that she'd be a vampire hunter…but they'd become such a nuisance. How could she possibly kill her own kin unmerclessly? The problem started back in the twentieth century…that's when the vampires started rising again. The Van Hellsing needed hands to help fight the darkness, so she decided to help him kill a certain Dracula. Hellsing realized that Tomachi wasn't human but a half-breed.
 
She ran when he found out, because she didn't want to have to kill him. Tomo read in a newspaper in Transylvania that Dracula was dead. Hellsing hunted her down never the less. It took awhile, but she managed to convince him that she was no danger to humans because she didn't live off blood. Instead of trying to kill Tomo, which wouldn't have been that hard with his new secret weapon, he kept Tomo due to the amount of vampires she'd began to whip out of existence.
 
She stayed with Van Hellsing and helped him, and when he died his children created the Hellsing Organization. Tomachi stayed with the Organization for many many years. In the 1990's however, “instant vampires” began appearing. This is when Tomachi made the first big break through about her mysterious past.
 
The night of the break through, Tomachi was in her room packing to leave.. Integra was in confinement in the basement…and Tomachi knew the Organization was finished…she had to go on with her life, no matter how long and lonely it might be. She heard something and turned around, to find Alucard sticking out of her ceiling grinning at her. An anime sweat drop rolled down the side of her face.
 
“Umm…what do you want?” “Oh nothing, I just enjoy watching you work so hard.” His grin widened to show his fangs. She rolled her eyes, knowing he really couldn't care less. Out of the 100 years she'd been with the organization, she and Alucard never really talked. He was the secret weapon Van Hellsing managed to get a hold off…how he got total control of a true No Life King was beyond Tomachi.
 
“I wish you'd be serious for once.” She finally muttered, putting more stuff in her suitcase. Tomachi still kept her hair short as she did when she cut off her ponytail as a child and laid it on her grandfather's grave. Alucard was behind her now; she turned around looked up at him. She was about to say something like “Just let me pack in peace, enough of your games, but he had a peculiar aura about him…something she'd never noticed before.
 
Tomo had always avoided him of she could help it…it was true they were partners of a sort…but she didn't talked to him much and tried to best to avoid eye contact with him. It was almost as if she feared him…that she knew something but was too scared to grasp the truth. With him that close she could smell his smell…something she remembered from her childhood. But what was it.
 
Tomachi looked up at him, confusion flowing over her features. He wore his trademark sunglasses and hat, but pulled his sunglasses off his face. What was it? Something from her past…from her home planet…but…so long ago…what was it. He could see the concentration on her face.
 
When she finally grasped it, he backed away from her. Why had she just now felt this for the first time? Had he indeed been avoiding her too? “Alucard…” Tomachi started, but he smiled at her, a real smile, to confirm she had figured it out, and began to fade away. “Please wait…” It was almost a whisper.
 
She was thrown out of her thoughts by the mayor if the village. “You must by Tomachi…the truth is we already have a vampire hunter in town…but since you're here, I suppose whoever takes care of the problem first will get the reward.” Tomachi nodded to him, understanding his predicament.
 
“Who is he?” She finally spoke. The mayor was quiet for a moment, along with everyone else in the bar. Finally he answered her. “The Vampire Hunter D”