Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 39 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 39

The police searched the entire Capsule Corp building, but found no trace of Genji or his "suspicious company." One party searched through the gardens, finding evidence that Genji was there some time ago. The man who called the police, Vegeta Briefs, explained that he had spotted the boy in the back gardens, and confronted the boy after he called police. He claimed that Genji attacked him viciously.

"His wolf did this to me." He explained, pointing to the wounds on his arm and neck. "But before I could retaliate, he heard your sirens and took off with his friends. I was bleeding too badly to stop them."

One office looked in Vegeta's gravity chamber, and found someone lying on the floor with a cape on his shoulders covering his head. When asked, Vegeta explained that it was one of the neighborhood boys he was training. When told the boy wasn't moving, Vegeta calmly suggested he would call a doctor, but made no moves to do so.

Officers had trouble investigating a certain cave in the indoor gardens of the first floor garden. They knew Dr. Briefs housed a lot of stray cats, dogs, and dinosaurs, so they had an idea what to expect on their search. The certain cave they couldn't inspect was the home of a T-Rex and her nest of eggs. Before setting foot inside, they heard a very angry roar, and ran away scared. They reported that no one would even think of hiding in the cave anyway.

Little did they suspect that there wasn't a mama T-Rex they heard:

It was Goten playing dinosaur sound effects on Trunk's tape player.

After the officers left, the boys slapped palms victoriously, then assured the hiding Ryu, Momiji, and Yume they were safe in the cave.

The officers drove their cars away with nothing to report at the sheriff's office.

It was a very close call for the still unconscious Genji.

/|\

Piccolo and Murasaki watched the police cars leave from where they stood on the retaining wall.

"Why would Mr. Briefs suddenly do this?" Murasaki wondered. "Why call the police off?"

"I'm not sure." Piccolo shook his head.

"I'm glad he did." The girl smiled.

"Not me."

"Huh?"

"He said he had 'a better idea.' I don't know what he's going to do to Genji, but it will be slow and painful."

Murasaki winced. Piccolo continued.

"One other thing has my concern. Who reported Genji as a murderer? Who spread the rumor about him being a Cell supporter?"

"Well," Murasaki bit her lip, "according to the news, he killed one hundred people in the name of Cell."

"There is some truth to that."

"There is?!"

"Just yesterday, Genji was taken to a demon temple, and trapped there. The priests were ordered to kill him. Genji released the power of his ki to save himself, but accidentally caused the temple to collapse. All the priests and temple staff died. There may have been more than one hundred victims. But Genji got out in time with one other man he had saved."

"…" Murasaki couldn't believe it.

"I believe the man Genji saved is the man who wants him arrested."

"Where is this demon temple?"

"In the Artificial Jungle, west of here. I don't know what it's called."

"So, we may be dealing with a demon…"

"Maybe…"

They fell silent, and Piccolo's head turned to Vegeta's gravity chamber. It was actually a space ship in the shape of a sphere and was perched on several flat legs that kept it upright. Vegeta had walked inside a few minutes ago and had turned up the gravity. Genji was inside with him, still unconscious. Piccolo frowned.

"Murasaki…"

"Yes, good sir?"

"Keep watch over Genji for me. I'm going to get help." He began to hover in the air.

"Help?" she wondered. "What kind of help?"

"Someone who can take him away from here and to somewhere safe. I won't be long, maybe ten minutes. Don't let Vegeta harm Genji. Understand?"

"Yes." Murasaki nodded. Piccolo nodded back and took off into the sky, heading east. Murasaki jumped off the retaining wall, and headed for a window looking into the gravity chamber. She could see Vegeta walking up to the body on the ground and lift the cape off its head. She could see the face of the boy on the ground.

Genji…