Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 42 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 42

Yume was running through the gardens towards the gravity chamber. Ryu and Momiji were right behind her. All three of them were worried about Genji.

"His scent is leading this way!" Yume reported. "So does Vegeta's scent! I bet he's hurting poor Genji!"

"Thaat bahstad…" Momiji growled as she ran. "Hey's gunna git it…" She had put on her electro gloves, and was ready to use them.

"I dunno if I could take on Vegeta in a fight…but if it comes down to that, I'll give it everything I've got, Genji." Ryu muttered as he ran. He had no weapons on him, but he could count on his trusty fists to solve problems. He was good at fighting, he just hoped to the Gods that Vegeta wasn't better.

Yume finally found the chamber, and barked at it. She sniffed around the entrance and pawed at the door. Ryu and Momiji looked into a porthole window to see inside. Momiji screamed.

"GENJI!"

She could clearly see Vegeta holding up Genji and punching him continuously. Vegeta looked like he was laughing, and Genji was in incredible pain. Ryu couldn't believe his eyes.

"That son of a bitch!" Ryu shouted, pounding on the window. "Genji! Fight back, kid!"

"Stop it!" Momiji yelled at Vegeta, also pounding on the window. "Leeve me Genji alone! Yu bahstad! Let 'im go!"

"Ryu-kun! Momiji-kun!"

They turned to see Murasaki running towards them with swollen red eyes. She was crying really hard. She quickly flung herself into Ryu's chest and sobbed.

"He's killing him! He's killing him! What are we going to do?! Genji's gonna die!"

"Calm down, Murasaki." Ryu reasoned, grabbing her wrists and holding her away from him. "Crying about it isn't going to help Genji."

"But there's nothing we can do." She sniffed, not completely calm. "We can't get it."

"Whadaya mean 'we can't get it?' If it's because of Vegeta, we aren't afraid of him."

"No." Murasaki shook her head. "This is a gravity chamber. He can set the gravity inside as high as he wants, and once the gravity is turned on the door can't be opened. It's impossible to get in."

"Oh yea?!" Momiji dared, balling a fist. "Whell, if whe caan't use th' door, then I'll breaka window. Whe caan git in thaat way."

"How are we suppost to fit through that?!" Ryu pointed to the porthole. It was only big enough to stick his head through.

"I'll shoot 'em with me blowgun!" Momiji suggested, taking out her bamboo weapon.

"At such high gravity," Murasaki shook her head, "it won't reach him."

"Daam, daam, daam!" Momiji stamped her feet a few times childishly. She looked back through the window helplessly. "They's got tu be sumthin…hoye, he stopped!"

"Huh?" Murasaki and Ryu looked through the window with her. Vegeta had stopped his torture, and he was looking at something on the opposite wall. Genji was shivering in Vegeta's grasp, a sign that he was still alive.

Murasaki could see what Vegeta was looking at.

"It's a view screen…and it's Mrs. Briefs! It looks like she's scolding him.

"Bulma!" Ryu cried happily. "Maybe she can get Vegeta to let Genji go."

"Wait! That's it!" Murasaki was struck by an idea. "The gravity chamber can be controlled from inside the Capsule building! Trunks told me about that! We can turn it off from the inside of the building!"

"We can?" Ryu blinked. Murasaki nodded happily.

"Hoye, wot if it don't?" Momiji quizzed. She felt bad that her ideas wouldn't work, and hoped Murasaki's wouldn't work either.

Murasaki frowned sadly, and tugged on a chain hidden under her shirt. She pulled out her tiny flute and held it in her fingers.

"Then I may have no choice…" she muttered. She looked up at Momiji and Ryu. "Stay here. I'll be back!" She hurried for the door to the Capsule building.

"No choice?" Ryu wondered. "If nothing else works, what is she going to do with that flute?"

"Prob'ly gunna play 'er flute till Vegeta falls asleep…" Momiji shrugged in doubt. "Wot got 'er goin on bout her tweeta anyway?"

/|\

Vegeta stopped beating Genji when the view screen flickered on. It was Bulma.

"Oh, Veggie-chan!" Bulma chimed, about to change her cheerful tone to a scold about the window. "Why don't you come inside and…" Then, she noticed what he was going and screamed. "Oh my God! Vegeta, what in holy hell are you doing?!"

"Shut up and leave me alone!" Vegeta snapped.

"No way!" Bulma snapped back. "I can't believe you! What are you trying to do? Kill him?!"

"Yes."

"You have the gravity on at 500! He can't even move!"

"That's the point."

"Let him go right now, Vegeta! He's just a boy!"

"Boys grow up to be warriors. This one in particular will be just like Cell."

"What?!"

"Like father, like son. Isn't that right, Genji?"

"I don't care if he's the son of Satan! If you don't let him go, you're not sleeping in the bed for a month!"

"…"

Vegeta hesitated. It was Bulma's worst threat. It was twice as bad her "won't feed you for a month" threat. It was also her most common threat, so he wasn't about to let himself be bothered.

"I can live with that!" he announced.

"You know you can't, now let Genji go!"

Vegeta decided that the fight wasn't going anywhere, and it had to end now.

"Computer, stop transmission. And make sure she doesn't call back!"

The screen flickered off, and Bulma's face disappeared. Vegeta grinned at Genji's struggling body. "Now, shall we continue?"

/|\

Announcer: Will Genji survive the gravity chamber? And what about Murasaki's plan? Will she be able to save Genji before he's pounded into a bloody pulp? Stay tuned for the next episode of Dragonball Z…

Masq: Hey! What do you think you're doing?!

Announcer: I'm reading the "next time on Dragonball Z" just like I always do…

Masq: Not on my fanfic! This is the story about my son, not the monster truck rally! Now get the hell out of my story! **chases him off the fic with a huge mallet**

Announcer: YIKES! **runs for his life** And what tragic fate is this poor announcer to suffer after the story?

Masq: A very slow, painful, and bloody death if I catch you trying to narrate one of my fics again, you Formula 1 bum!

Announcer: And this is the DBZ announcer signing off… **leaves**

Masq: **sweatdrop** Sorry about that, everyone. I'll make sure he doesn't try anything annoying and stupid to my stories again.

Genji: **appears** **Mom, what do you have against the DBZ announcer?**

Masq: Nothing…I just think he's annoying…

Genji: **And what is this weird little ending thing that makes no sense?**

Masq: **shrugs** That's all it is. Just a weird little ending thing that makes no sense…

Genji: **Well, let's end it before it makes less sense.**

Masq: Okay. **waves to reader** Bye everyone! **leaves**

Genji: **waves too** **See you all next chapter!** **leaves**

To be continued

What in the world…?