Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 53 ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 53

The darkness of night quickly covered the land. Outside Genji's window, only the lapping of waves across the beach could be heard. Piccolo once again opened his eyes and looked at Genji. The boy was sprawled out in relaxation, half covered in the sheets and his shroud. His mouth was open, taking in gurgling breaths.

Sleeping and snoring.

Piccolo stood up.

What I am about to do is forbidden to my people, but I must help Genji.

He walked to Genji's bedside, and looked down at him. The Namek couldn't help but smile.

You're going to break my concentration with all that noise.

Piccolo gently closed Genji's mouth, and the boy sighed deeply through his nose. Piccolo straightened the boy's body, arms to the side and legs together. Then, Piccolo touched the claw tip of his index finger to Genji's forehead.

Genji…San…and Cell… Please forgive my rudeness. I must see this demon for myself.

Piccolo slowly and carefully dug his claw into Genji's forehead until his fingertip touched skin. Blood gathered around the cut, and seeped into Piccolo's finger. With the connection made, the Namek closed his eyes, and slowly increased his ki until his body began to slow softly. Some of the ki flowed into Genji, making his body glow as well.

Piccolo took a deep draw of air in and muttered Namekian words under his breath. He closed his eyes and concentrated as he whispered. Under his eyelids, he could see into Genji's mind. He saw the boy's memories, hopes, and dreams…

…And then he saw the demon.

Piccolo gasped. The demon was a person he knew! The demon had a face that Piccolo hadn't seen in sixteen years…and he hoped he would never see it again!

Then…

Hello, Piccolo…so nice to see you again.

Piccolo's eyes snapped open, and he looked down at Genji. The boy's eyes were still closed, but he was smiling. It was a very evil smile, one Piccolo had seen hundreds of times before.

And that voice…it was exactly like…

What's wrong? The voice asked from Genji's lips. You look like you've seen a ghost, Namek.

It looked like Genji was talking!

But that voice…

And the face he saw…

It all triggered a very scary memory…

………

…The demon was walking towards him…

…Piccolo felt paralyzed…

…He wanted to run away…

…But his feet felt planted to the ground…

…The demon walked past him…

…But it stopped directly behind him…

…It's horrible voice mocked in whisper in the Namek's ears…

"What's wrong? Ya frightened?"

"…" Piccolo couldn't respond…

"Don't be ashamed. It's hard, I know. You feel my power, and it is hard to bare."

………

"No!" Piccolo cried out. "Cell! No!"

The voice in Genji's throat laughed. There was no mistaking that horrible, victorious, evil laugh…

…the laugh of the Imperfect Cell.

/|\

"This can't be…" Piccolo gasped. "Cell…what are you doing to this boy?!"

Genji's lips curled into a smiling sneer.

I am going to kill him.

"Why?!"

The voice chuckled.

Because he is in my way… Because I hate him… Because…there are so many reasons…

"Because you think you will be with San again?"

Of course.

"You do understand that you won't go to the same place she did. You will burn in hell while San and Genji thrive in the heavens. So let him go, and pass on like you should have.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Piccolo was slightly taken aback by the voice's loud laughing.

Stupid Namek! Coral-chan is in hell!

"WHAT?!"

The Kaios are not Mononoke. They judge the crimes of people no matter how long ago they were committed. Coral-chan harbored Cell, nursed him, loved him, saved his life many times… Because she stood beside a power so evil, she too was evil and so she was exiled to hell."

"NO!"

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

"Have you actually seen San in hell?"

No, but I know she is there.

"No, you don't know. You're blinding yourself with your wishful thinking, lust, and jealousy."

Don't try me, Namek. The voice warned. If not for certain restraints, I would kill this boy now.

Piccolo blinked.

"Certain restraints?"

I refuse to explain.

Piccolo gnashed his teeth.

"Why do you want to kill Genji so badly?! He's your son!"

No, he's not.

"Of course he is! It was you that…"

Cell's psychological mind split him into two different men when he came to Singing Mountain. He arrived as the Cell that Once Was…me. As time went on, his heart softened for Coral-chan, and he became the Cell that Changed. Both I and the Cell that Changed reside within this boy's body. His decisions and his actions will soon turn him into one of us. But I will kill him before that happens."

"So, are you Cell or not? Who are you?"

I am the man you met in Ginger Town…the man you searched so hard to find and kill…the man who absorbed Androids 17 and 18…the man who's heart was filled with the ultimate evil. And so it shall remain, within the heart of the son of the Cell that Changed.

"…" Piccolo remained quiet as he thought.

It may sound confusing, but I assure you that the Cell that Once Was and the Cell that Changed are two separate men with two separate souls.

"Yes, I understand that."

So, will you finally leave me alone so I can get on with my work?

"Is this certain restraint the Cell that Changed?"

Genji's mouth closed, and the voice purred a low, menacing growl.

You have overstayed your welcome. I will not say anymore.

"He is, isn't he?!" Piccolo demanded.

The voice did not speak up, and Genji's mouth remained closed.

"CELL, DAMN YOU! ANSWER!"

<Pull out, Piccolo.>

Piccolo straightened at the sound of the new voice. It was another voice he recognized, but it seemed to come from inside his head. It was different from the demon, but he knew…

"That voice…are you…"

<The demon will say no more, and there's nothing I can add on. Pull out of your transmission, and tell Genji the truth about his birth tomorrow.>

"The truth of his birth?"

<You know what I mean.>

"I…"

As Piccolo dwelled on the request, he pieced together what was happening to Genji. He hardly knew what to think.

I know how Cell created Genji…but the whole truth I'm not certain about…

Did Cell really split himself into two different men?

With a sigh, Piccolo responded to the new voice.

"I'll go now, and I'll tell him tomorrow."

<Reliable Piccolo…thank you.>

Piccolo lowered his ki until he and Genji were no longer glowing, and then he carefully withdrew his bloody fingernail. He popped it in his mouth to suck off the blood, then he gently wiped the blood off Genji's forehead. He couldn't take his eyes off the boy now.

No…Cell didn't divide himself into two different men…

He looked at Genji's peaceful face sadly.

…He divided into three…