Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 52 ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 52

Genji spent some of the day outside on a beach chair, soaking in sunrays. When it was dinnertime, Genji jumped back into the house with a grumbling stomach. Marron and 18 had cooked up noodles that Genji had never seen before. They were long and thin, like ramen, but they were covered in a thick, hot, red sauce.

**What are we having?** Genji asked 18.

"Pasta." She answered, filling his plate.

"Yay! Spaghetti!" Marron cheered behind him with her plate ready.

**Spaghetti?** Genji wondered, accidentally looking over at Marron. She grinned at him.

"Oh yeah, it's really good. Mommy makes the best. Don't tell me you never had spaghetti befor…" Then, she blinked in confusion. "Hey, I thought you couldn't talk!"

"Huh?" 18 looked over at her daughter.

**"Talk?"** Genji blinked. **Not with my mouth, but with my eyes. See?**

"Whoa!" Marron marveled. "Just like a dragon priest! That's cool!"

"He's a Mononoke, Marron-chan." 18 explained. "He can talk with his eyes too."

"That's neat!"

Genji smiled, and headed over to the table.

Well, let's see how this spaghetti stuff fares with my stomach.

/|\

The dinner table at Roshi's was very noisy with family chatter going across plates of food. Genji was half ignoring it, eating his spaghetti like no tomorrow. He loved it! He couldn't quite describe it, but spaghetti was becoming his new favorite pasta dish. He quietly ate while Roshi, Kuririn, 18, and Marron talked over dinner. Piccolo was nowhere to be seen, he had previously declined joining the table.

Genji cleaned his plate of every tasty noodle, and he quickly got 18's attention.

**Excuse me, Mrs. 18?**

She turned to him.

"Just 18 is fine, kid."

**May I please have more. It was delicious.**

The android smiled in charm.

"Seconds are in the pot on the stove. Help yourself."

Genji nodded and got up.

"Hey, mommy!" Marron called with a giggle as Genji headed for the kitchen. "You've got to hear what KoolaNut66 said in chat today."

"You kids and your Internet!" Roshi laughed.

Genji walked up to the pot of warm spaghetti, and used his fork to scoop saucy noodles onto his plate.

Suddenly…

<Genji? Good, I finally got you alone!>

???

<Don't talk to me, just listen.>

Genji nodded, and kept scooping spaghetti onto his plate.

<I just want you to understand this. Although your demon and I are connected, we are two entirely different people. You can certainly tell our voices apart.>

Genji nodded.

<We both reside in your soul, and we communicate with you and each other telepathically, however the demon is eating at your soul while I am trying to save it.

<Also, both of us now have the ability to control your body.>

Genji breathed in and out heavily.

<Not what you want to hear, I know. Genji, I will no longer control you without your permission, and I'm doing everything I can to keep the demon from taking over. But I guess what I want to say is… Don't talk to me either. Don't summon me, don't even think about me. It's somewhat the same thing as talking to your demon.>

Genji nodded in agreement with a promising smile.

<Good. Oh, and one more thing… You aren't really going to eat all of that, are you?>

Genji looked at his plate and almost dropped it. He had accidentally scooped the whole pot of noodles onto his plate! He quickly scraped back in what he felt he couldn't eat.

**Whoops.**

/|\

After dinner, Genji felt sleepy and decided to call it the night. Marron gave him a kiss on the cheek, and he instantly fled to his room. Piccolo was already in the guestroom, meditating by the window. He tapped Piccolo's shoulder, and the Namek opened his eyes.

**Good night, Piccolo-san.**

"Going to bed already?" Piccolo wondered, looking out at the sunset outside. "If that's your wish…sleep well, Genji." He closed his eyes.

Genji nodded, then tugged his shroud off his shoulders and tossed it onto the bed. 18 had given him a sweatshirt and sweatpants to sleep in, so he dressed in them and slipped promptly into bed. Piccolo opened his eyes again as Genji settled himself under the sheets and tucked his shroud around him before finally laying still.

Piccolo narrowed his eyes at him.

Wait until he's asleep…

/|\

Author's Note: Short chapter today, I know. I just wanted to end the "Genji's Vacation" titles here, cause he'll be saying "So much for the vacation" in a few more chapters. I am not giving you any spoilers, but I will give you a hint. The demon reveals who he is next chapter. While I'm doing this, I want to thank everyone for reading. This is the biggest project I've ever done, original or fanfic, and I want to thank everyone for the comments and thoughts they had. All your kind words, and even not so kind, mean a lot to me. ~Masquerade