Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 51 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 51

"Now, let's find you a room…" 18 muttered to Genji as the boy followed her up the stairs. "Guests never sleep on the couch. Now, lesse…" The top floor of the house had four doors built into the hall, each leading to a bedroom. Three of the doors were open: a master bedroom, a smaller bedroom, and a bedroom filled with the most girl stuff than Genji had ever seen. It stank of a scent from Bath and Body Works that Genji couldn't place.

"That's Marron's room." 18 pointed at the girl room. "I don't think you want to sleep in there." Genji shook his head in agreement.

"Here's the guestroom." 18 pointed to the closed door. "You and Piccolo can sleep in there."

**Why is the door closed?**

"Oh, I think Marron is in there, using the computer." 18 explained. "She's our daughter by the way, a little older than you." She knocked on the door. "Marron-chan, can we come in?"

"I'll be done in a minute!" a girl's voice called from behind the door.

<Daughter?> Genji's guardian wondered. <Oh, that's right! 18 was pregnant when she first came to Singing Mountain…>

"We have a guest over!" 18 called back. "Come on out and say hi!"

"It's not another dragon priest, is it?"

"No, it's not. It's a guy!"

"A…guy?" Marron's voice quivered.

"He's reeeeeeealy cuuuuute!" 18 coaxed, backing away.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and a young blond girl jumped out. She immediately pounced on Genji, knocking him to the ground.

"LEMME SEE! LEMME SEE! LEMME SEE!"

Genji was pinned to the floor by the girl on top of him. She stuck her face next to his to get a good look at him. He got a rather good look at her too. Her skin was very tan, freckles dotted her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. She had coal black eyes, and her blond hair was tied into two pigtails on either side of her head.

Suddenly, she hugged him tightly with a squeal.

"OOOOOOOOOH-IIIIIIIIEEEE! HE'S A HOTTIE!"

"Oh, for the love of God, Marron!" Kuririn shouted from the stairs. "I shoulda known this would have happened…"

18 chuckled behind her hand as Marron got up, still holding Genji in a tight squeeze. She laughed happily as Kuririn frowned at the sight.

"Don't they look cute, hon?" 18 asked with a smile.

"I dunno." Kuririn answered dryly. "They would probably look cuter if he could breathe."

"Huh?" Marron blinked, then looked back at Genji. His face was turning blue from lack of oxygen, so she let him go. He gasped for breath as he crumpled to the floor and leaned against the wall. Marron giggled at Genji.

"He's so cute." She admired. "Mommy, daddy, can we keep him?"

Genji's eyes almost popped out of his head.

"Marron-chan, he's only staying with us for a week." Kuririn explained as 18 waved a hand at Genji to get his attention.

"The guestroom's all yours." She invited.

ZOOM!

SLAM!

Genji wasted no time running into the room and slamming the door behind him. He pressed his back to the door, and exhaled in relief. He could hear 18 laughing, Marron giggling, and Kuririn groaning.

"Now he's never going to come out…" Kuririn predicted.

You're Goddamn right I'm not! Genji resolved.

His guardian was laughing at him.

<Poor Genji, the ladies literally fall for you…>

She pounced on me! That was scary!

<That was funny as hell. I think I'll be laughing for days!>

It wasn't funny!

<She called you a hottie…>

Genji blushed.

That kid scares me…

<"Kid?" She's at least a year older than you are…>

Genji slumped against the door.

When this is all over, and I get my own house…I'll ban women from entering.

His guardian spirit laughed again.

<Poor Genji…>

Yeah. Poor Genji…

/|\

Genji was lying on the futon, staring up at the ceiling. The guestroom was nice. It was decorated with tan wallpaper, and several posters of female superstars in bikinis. There was one window open, letting in a cool ocean breeze every now and then, and in a far corner was what Genji guessed was a computer. Yamcha told him all about computers, but Genji had never even seen one before.

He closed his eyes for a minute, breathing in the refreshing ocean smell from outside.

He was going to like it here…

<You aren't actually going to stay in this room for a whole week, are you?>

Genji opened his eyes and glared at the ceiling.

Yes…

<How are you going to get food? You'll starve.>

Genji looked around for an answer, no matter how silly.

I'll…eat the blanket? Nah…I'll…eat the curtain! No, they'll taste like the blanket… Maybe a seagull will fly through the window and I can eat that. I hear they taste like chicken…

<Genji…>

What?

<Quit being silly.>

Okay…um…I know! I'll use the computer and order a pizza on-line!

<You can't order a pizza on-line…>

Yes, you can! Yamcha said he did that once!

<I'm not letting you stay in this room for a whole week!>

Why should I go out?

<How about to take a bath?>

Hah! I can go months without a bath!

<I can remember when you had to…while living with that Petunia bitch. She forgot you were even alive at times…>

Guardian?

<Hm?>

I was told that Petunia was in love with "my father." Does that mean…she was in love with Cell at the time?

<So, now you're admitting that Cell is your father…>

NO, NO, NO! He's not! See that's what everyone else seemed to think since he was in love with my mother. So, do you think that Petunia…

<Hmmm…well, I don't know what the full truth of that is. She and your mother never met, so I don't know a lot about Petunia. My guess is she didn't know what she was saying at the time, since she was being emotional about your removal.>

But she knew who my mother was…

<Who didn't? She recognized the body, and she knew who you were before she took you in…>

Hmm…

Genji thought back to the woman he thought was his mother five years ago. During his five years of freedom, he discovered that her beatings had helped him grow stronger. The stamina built during his first ten years was very impressive, and his body healed minor cuts and bruises quickly. He actually had a lot to thank San Petunia Birch for…

<So, anyway, if you won't leave the room, where are you going to go to the bathroom?>

!!!

<Oh yeah, you forgot about that, didn't you? Heh, heh, heh…>

Genji sighed.

Alright, you win…

<Go watch some TV or walk around the beach, or something. Tomorrow you start your training, so have some fun today. You're on vacation, Genji! Go enjoy yourself!>

Right.

Genji got up from the bed, stretched, and headed for the door. He was about to grab the doorknob when he heard knocking from the outside.

"Genji?"

It was Piccolo, so Genji opened the door. The Namek was glaring.

"Let me come in."

Genji quickly stepped aside as Piccolo walked into the room, and closed the door behind him.

"Let's not try to keep secrets from each other, okay? Let's say everything."

Genji nodded in understanding.

"Who were you talking to just now?"

Genji froze.

**What?**

"Stop trying to hide it, Genji. I can hear you, Yume could hear you, and even 18 noted you were 'speaking to someone who wasn't there.' Who are you talking to? It can't be yourself."

Genji stared at his moccasins, deciding not to answer. Piccolo sighed before taking a more subtle approach.

"Genji…this demon of yours…does it talk to you?"

**…**

"Genji, look at me."

Genji's eyes met Piccolo's, and he nodded.

**It's in love with my mother… It wants to kill me to get to her…**

"Do you talk back?"

**I try not to… Hey, how do you know if I'm talking to it?**

"Because the two of you are using telepathy, a type of communication that uses only small amounts of ki. Most humans have trouble feeling it, but those familiar with the practice can pick it up. 18 was able to pick up the energy from you when you conversed, and animals are sensitive to changes in ki."

**And you?**

"Most Nameks are telepathic, but the practice is highly forbidden. So, I don't use it, but I can hear others using telepathy."

**I see.**

"Genji, I recommend that you do not talk to this demon at all. Use this vacation time to get your mind off it."

**But what if it talks to me…or gives me another heart attack?**

Piccolo narrowed his eyes in questioning.

"Heard attacks?"

Genji explained his condition, how the demon caused sudden heart attacks, and Piccolo closed his eyes in thought.

"Don't worry about it, Genji. I'll make sure you'll be fine. Just don't talk to it anymore, alright?"

**Alright.**

Piccolo smiled and opened the door.

"Now come outside and relax."