Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 50 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 50

Genji pulled his kimono shirt over his head and straightened it on his shoulders. Then, he pulled his mask over his eyes and covered the top of his head with his black fur shroud. He straightened his belt that held his quiver of arrows and pulled his moccasins tighter over his feet. He felt excited for some reason as though something on Roshi's island would change his life forever.

He didn't know why, but he felt too excited to sit still.

Then, an island came into view. Genji leaned foreword to see it past the carpet. The island was rather small, only big enough to fit the quaint pink house sitting on it. Genji made a weird face at the island. That couldn't have been Roshi's island…

"We're here!" Mr. Popo announced, and the carpet began to float down to the island. Genji frowned and looked at Piccolo.

**Is that really it?**

"This is Muten Roshi's island."

**It's not much…**

"Neither is Muten Roshi."

The carpet hovered a few feet above the sandy beach, allowing Piccolo and Genji to step off. Piccolo turned and bowed to Popo.

"Thank you, Mr. Popo. I will summon you again if I need your help."

"Take care, Kami-sama." Mr. Popo bowed back. "And you take care, young Genji." Genji nodded with a smile, and Mr. Popo flew his carpet off into the sky.

Behind them, the door to the house opened.

"Who's there?" an aged voice asked. Genji turned to see who it was. Standing at the door was an old man, completely bald but had a mustache and full beard, dressed in a loud Hawaiian shirt, white shorts, sunglasses, and beach sandals. Genji blinked a couple of times.

**And you must be Muten Roshi…**

The old man didn't understand the language, so Genji went unnoticed.

"Oh, hi Piccolo." The old man nodded at the Namek. "Strange seeing you stop by here…"

"We're going to be staying here for a week." Piccolo explained.

"Huh? 'We're?' " the old man wondered. Then, he looked at Genji and stared. "Hey…you'ra…Japanese Amazon, aren't you?"

Genji made a flat face.

**Well…**

Suddenly, Roshi went into a jumping fit of love.

"WHOO-HOO! CUTIE AMAZON CHICK ON MY ISLAND! SHE'S ALL MINE! YEEE-HEEE-HEEE-HEEE!"

**"Chick?"** Genji growled.

Then, Roshi zipped to Genji's side, got down on one knee, and began kissing the boy's hand.

"So nice to have you on my island. I am the venerable Muten Roshi, master martial artisan of the world. It's so rare to find a maiden of your beauty in these parts…"

Genji angrily yanked his hand away, and pulled his mask up to the top of his head to show his face.

**I AM A MAN, YOU OLD, LETCHEROUS, MORON!**

"What the…" Roshi blinked, getting back up and staring Genji right in the face. "You're a guy?! OH DEAR GOD!" He ran to the side spitting angrily. "Ptew! Ptew! And I kissed him! Yuck!"

"Go on inside." Piccolo invited. "Kuririn and 18 shouldn't mind." Genji nodded, and walked to the door.

"What are you, a transvestite?! Why didn't you say something, you dumb whipper-snapper?!" Roshi shouted at the boy's back.

"He can't talk." Piccolo answered. "His name is Genji, and he's here because…" Piccolo explained Genji's situation in a nutshell as the boy explored the rest of the house.

/|\

Genji was looking around the TV room when he heard someone coming down the stairs. He turned to see who it was. Two people came down the stairs:

One was a little man with black hair that immediately ran for the door.

The other was a beautiful woman with short, blond hair that hesitated walking down the last step to look around.

"Hey, what's going on down here?" the little man asked outside. "You were screaming your head off, Roshi. Did the new Playboy issue come already?"

"Oh…" the woman gasped at seeing Genji. Their gaze locked for a minute, and Genji's heart beat a little faster. He recognized her from somewhere…

<Oh my God, it's her! She looks great!>

Guardian, who is she? Do you know her?

<Sure do. She and her husband are friends of your mother's. That's 18, and by the door is Kuririn.>

18 raised a suspicious eyebrow at Genji, then after a moment, she turned her head to the door.

"Kuri-chan…" 18 turned her head to the door. "We have a visitor…"

"Sure do." The man agreed. "C'mon in, Piccolo. Can we get you anything?"

"Kuri-chan…"

"Yes, dear?" Kuririn turned his head back into the house, and saw Genji. "Oh…whoa! It can't be!" He rushed back into the house. "San Masquerade?! Is that you?! Hey, hey! What are you doing here?! How've you been?"

Genji stared down at his feet and blushed. Finally, he untied his shroud from his shirt and pulled it off his head to show that he was indeed a man.

"What the…" Kuririn gasped with a few blinks. "A guy?"

"You couldn't tell?" 18 muttered.

"Okay, so you're not Masq…"

"What's your name, kid?" 18 asked Genji with a smile. Genji smiled back.

**I'm Genji. Nice to meet you.**

"It's nice to meet you too, Genji." 18 chirped. Kuririn blinked up at his wife in shock.

"But, 18… He didn't say anything…"

18 smiled a little secret smile.

"Not to you, dear."

"Huh?" Kuririn asked. He looked at Genji, who just smiled sheepishly and signed out with his hands:

"My name is Genji."

/|\

They all sat around the TV room table, drinking lemonade that 18 had stirred up. All but Piccolo had a glass, the Namek didn't want any. Genji was enjoying his drink while Kuririn started up a conversation.

"So, Genji, how's everything up at Singing Mountain?"

Genji looked into 18's eyes.

**Oh, everything was fine, last I checked.**

"Doing fine." 18 translated for the room. "We should go back up there again sometime. We haven't been there since I was pregnant with Marron."

There's someone else here? Genji wondered, looking around. I wonder where this Marron is…

"We'll say hi to San Masquerade while we're up there." Kuririn suggested, then he turned to Genji. "So, how is San? You know who she is, right?"

**How could I not know?**

"He knows her." 18 nodded.

"She's his mother." Piccolo explained suddenly.

"MOTHER?!" 18 and Kuririn outbursted.

"Wow!" Kuririn cheered. "No wonder why you look like her, Genji! That's great! So how's your mom been? We haven't heard from her in years."

Genji lowered his head sadly.

"What's wrong?" 18 asked. "Did something happen to her?"

"She's dead." Piccolo answered.

Gasps went around the table.

"Oh dear…" Roshi muttered sadly. "How terrible…"

"San's…dead?" Kuririn trembled.

"Oh no…" 18 moaned behind her hand. "What happened? How long ago?"

"Fifteen years ago, when Genji was still an infant…his mother was murdered."

"Murdered?" Kuririn blinked. "But who would wanna…"

18 stood up angrily, balling her fists.

"Alright, who did it?!" she demanded. "I'll go murder them and see how they like it!"

"18, darling…" Kuririn soothed nervously. "Calm down…please…it was years ago…"

18 growled deep in her throat, then sat back down and angrily swallowed her lemonade in one gulp.

"My, my…" Roshi commented Genji's story, "So, Genji, mind telling us what you're doing here exactly? I mean, you're more than welcome to stay as long as you like…"

"Did you forget that he's mute, old man?" Piccolo growled.

"Oh yeah, that's right." Roshi muttered. "Now, how are we going to go about this…?"

Genji looked at the Namek.

**Piccolo-san?**

**Sure.**

"I'll explain." Piccolo volunteered. It was his turn to explain the story so far. As he talked, 18 turned a curious look to Genji. He looked back at her, bored of hearing his story for the up-teenth time.

**How do you know the language of the gods?** he asked her.

18 smiled at him.

**I am an android. I was programmed to speak and understand all languages.**

Genji blinked at her.

**Android?** He looked away from her. 18 tapped his shoulder and he looked back at her face.

**How is Cell doing?** 18 asked.

**How would I know? He died in the Cell Games.**

He looked away from her again.

18 didn't turn her eyes away from Genji. She looked at him sadly.

Cell, you too?

/|\

Soon, Piccolo finished story, and everyone was free to comment.

"So," Kuririn tried to piece together, "the ravens are your only hope of being cured?"

"There sure are a lot of obstacles." 18 bit her lip. "Laying low here would be a good idea, Genji."

Roshi was grinning ear to ear.

"So, Genji's a chick magnet?" he chuckled dirtily, "Sure, he can stay here, and maybe he can bring a few girls over. That'll be fine with me. Hee, hee, hee…"

"Were you listening at all, old man?" 18 scolded. Roshi flinched in fear.

"Sure I was!" he insisted. "Demon scar, quest, Mononoke gods, Vegeta, and the whole caboodle!" He relaxed, and looked at Genji. "So, m'boy, how about this? I'll give you a week's worth of my training to help you out. How about it?"

Genji looked at Piccolo.

**Should I?**

Piccolo glared at him.

**You're fifteen years old. Your life is your own now. Don't make me tell you what you should and shouldn't do.**

Genji grinned, and looked at Roshi, nodding his head in agreement.

"Alright!" Roshi cheered. "Genji Dumbledoor, you are my new student!"

"DRAGONLORE!" Everyone corrected him harshly.

"Sorry." Roshi apologized innocently. "I heard Dumbledoor…"