Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 49 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 49

Genji awoke feeling wind blowing in his face and through his hair. He opened his eyes to see clouds floating around him. He blinked in confusion a couple of times.

Am I dead? Did I go to heaven?

"Are you awake now?"

Genji tilted his head up, and found himself looking into Piccolo's face. Genji sat up and looked around. He froze in fear of his new location.

He and Piccolo were sitting on a flying carpet several hundred feet above a big, blue ocean.

A realization came to him.

Oh yeah, that's right…Piccolo is taking me somewhere safe on a flying carpet…

I must have fallen asleep after we took off…

"You're safe now." Piccolo assured, putting a hand on Genji's shoulder. "We're going to an island where the venerable Muten Roshi-sama lives, and we will be staying there for a week. Your friends are continuing on to the Emishi village, and we will meet them there."

Genji looked into Piccolo's eyes in worry.

**Will everyone be alright without me? Mr. Vegeta…**

"He should be the furthest thing from your mind."

**Is he dead?**

"Vegeta is practically impossible to kill. Also, by the end of the week, everyone in West City should forget about you."

Genji nodded, then noticed there was another person on the carpet. He was a little, round man wearing a turban, a red vest, and puffy white pants. He also had ink black skin. Genji looked at Piccolo and pointed at the new man. Piccolo smiled.

"Genji, this is Mr. Popo. This is his magic carpet we're flying on."

The little man turned to them and smiled.

"Hi."

Genji smiled and nodded back.

Strange little man…

Suddenly, they went through a huge, fluffy cloud. Genji covered his eyes, feeling a thick, misty atmosphere around him. His eyes stung a little, but it was a wonderful feeling. When they came out, Genji felt incredibly cold. He then noticed that his scar had completely covered his chest, back, neck, the backs of his arms, and was starting to creep along his waist and scalp. He looked at Piccolo.

**I'm running out of time. I can't risk laying low for a week. We have to go to the Emishi village now!**

"Genji, the Emishi may have already heard of your accusations by now. Do you think they would allow a man who is a serial killer and a wolf tribesman on their land?"

Genji let reason sink in for a moment before nodding in agreement.

"Your friends will reach the village within a week. The princess will explain everything to her people, and she will prepare them for your arrival. I don't guarantee you will get a warm welcome, but a welcome is better than being driven out of the town without a say."

Genji nodded solemnly. He felt a little ticked. Piccolo had put the phrase "the wolves and the ravens are enemies" in different words. Oh well, at least Genji didn't feel the need to blow his top again.

Genji looked down at his chest again, tenderly touching his scarred heart.

**My bandages…** he frowned.

"Here." Piccolo offered. He took off his turban, and unwrapped the length of cloth. He then wrapped strips of cloth around Genji's neck and shoulders. Then, Piccolo took off his cape, and began ripping the fabric into long bandage strips. Genji watched in awe.

**Piccolo-san…what are you doing? You don't have to rip off your clothes for me…**

"Don't worry about it." Piccolo insisted. "You need bandages, so here they are." Then, he wrapped Genji's arms and chest with the strips of cloth, completely covering the bumpy purple flesh. Genji smiled graciously.

**Thank you very much.**

"Anytime, kid."

Mr. Popo smiled too.

"Kami-sama is very gracious, is he not?"

Genji blinked in shock.

**K…Kami-sama? For real?**

Piccolo formed a smile that was best described as sheepish.

"That's not my name anymore. Please just call me Piccolo."

Genji nodded with a sly smile.

**So, my mother chose my godfather to be a man who is no longer the king of demons or God…???**

"…" Piccolo glared at Genji.

**That's going to give me a headache…**

"You should respect your elders, boy. That was very rude."