Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 48 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 48

"This trip gets weirder and weirder…" Ryu muttered, leaning against Yume's furry side. "Inner demons, snake gods, demon priests, the 'son of cell,' the demon king a godfather, and surviving the world's strongest man…damn, the list goes on! Somebody let me know when we climb out of the damn rabbit hole!"

"Shhh!" Murasaki hissed, stroking Hasanko's back. "People outside might hear us."

Ryu, Momiji, Yume, Murasaki and her elk were hiding in the back of a Capsule cargo truck driven by Trunks. They were heading south out of town, just missing the police cars.

Momiji stared down at her hands in her lap.

"Genji…"

Murasaki looked at Hasanko's saddle. Hidden underneath it was the Ashitaka sword. She closed her eyes, seeing Genji's smiling face under her lids.

"It's better to not have him with us." She proposed. "We are constantly attacked by foes who wish harm to us as well as to him. If Genji removes himself from the party, no harm intended for him will come to us."

"Bot we're nuut they ta protect 'im!" Momiji protested.

"Mr. Piccolo will protect him." Yume insisted, lulling her tongue out of her mouth and panting. "He's really strong, I've seen him fight. And he swore to San that he would protect Genji."

"San who?" Murasaki blinked.

"San Masquerade, Genji's mama."

Murasaki nodded and closed her eyes.

"The second high priestess of the wolves…my father talked about her often…" Suddenly, her eyes flung open with a gasp. "Wait! Wasn't she the Cell girl?!"

Ryu and Momiji looked at her funny. Yume growled and bore her teeth.

"I hate it when people call San that…" the wolf muttered.

"Soh wot if shey waas?!" Momiji demanded. "Don't prove nuthin!"

"It means that Genji really could be Cell's son."

"…" The whole truck went silent.

"Didn't Piccolo say that Genji's mom was a virgin?" Ryu asked, taking off his skull helmet and scratching his head. "So, Genji's mom and Cell didn't really…you know…"

"But…" Murasaki doubted, "Wouldn't any woman say she's a virgin mother as opposed to admitting she is Cell's mate?"

Yume barked angrily at Murasaki.

"San was not ashamed of her reputation! They loved each other and were happy! I lived with them, I know!"

Ryu stared bug-eyed at Yume.

"You lived with the Cell?!"

There was a knock from the rear cab window. It was Goten in the passenger seat.

"Hey! Keep it down in there!" he called. "The cops are pulling us over!"

"Uh oh…" Everyone muttered in hushed whisper. They sat quietly as the cargo truck pulled off the road to a stop.

/|\

"Damn…" Trunks hissed under his breath, braking the truck to a stop and setting it on park. "They're gonna search the truck… And we only made it to the outskirts too…"

"Whada we do?" Goten wondered. "If they find those Mononoke in the back…"

"We could get thrown in jail." Trunks nodded. Then, he slouched in the seat and slicked back his hair. "No prob. Act natural. We're just shipping capsules out of town…We ain't harboring framed criminals…"

He saw the city sheriff and some guy in a green business suit walking towards the cab in the side mirror. Trunks blew out a relaxing breath and flashed his most pleasant fake smile as the sheriff approached the driver side door.

"Problem, officer?" Trunks asked. "Oh, Sheriff Shiba! Hi, nice to see you again!"

"Briefs, I should have known!" the sheriff frowned. "Alright, what are you up to now?!"

"Up to?" Trunks blinked. "Uh…about 6'1, give or take an inch…"

"Step out of the cab, smartass." The sheriff ordered. "Oh, your friend is with you, too. Now I know you're up to something!"

"Hi, Mr. Shiba!" Goten waved innocently.

"You step out too, Double! Hands on the side of the truck!"

Trunks groaned, and pushed open the door to get out. Goten shuffled out behind him.

"Who are these kids?" the man in the suit asked.

"Trunks Briefs and Son Goten." The sheriff introduced as the boys flattened their palms on the side of the truck. "The office calls them Double and Trouble. We get a report at least once a month about them. Just last week, Briefs was caught bringing a potential weapon to school."

"Potential weapon?!" Trunks outbursted. "How do you kill someone with nail clippers?!"

"Not another word out of you, punk!" the sheriff snapped at the boy.

"So, who's your new friend, Shiba?" Trunks grinned. "He with the Peace Office? Is he raising your 'shot-to-hell' salary?"

"You wanna spend another two weeks in juvenile hall?" the sheriff snapped again.

"…" Trunks shut up, deciding not to push his luck.

"What's in the back?"

"Capsule shipments for the Spice County…"

"Is that all?"

"Ah-yep."

"I don't believe you. You guys search the back of the truck." The sheriff ordered some nearby officers. They nodded, and headed to the back of the truck. Trunks looked at the man in the suit. There was something incredibly suspicious about him…

What a strange ki…and those ears…

Kinda like those Garlic Jr. demons…

Is he…

The officers slid open the back of the truck, and haunting flute music filled the air. Trunks quickly slapped his hands over his ears.

"Dammit, Saki-kun!" Trunks yelled. "You coulda given us a warning!"

"Oh no…" Goten moaned, covering his ears.

"What's going on?!" the sheriff demanded. Suddenly, the officers dropped to the ground and fell asleep. The sheriff blinked. "Ah, that's pretty music…" Then, he dropped to the ground and fell asleep too. Arangami snarled at what he saw.

"Hypnotism…" he muttered, running to the back of the truck. It was completely empty except for a wolf god, a red elk, and three Mononoke. The Emishi-dressed girl lowered her flute and blinked at Arangami.

"What in the…" Ryu blinked. "You'd think he was mad about the low wages too, and that he'd fall down sleeping?"

"Hoye, how cum he didn't go out tuu, Murasaki?" Momiji demanded.

"He's a Mononoke…" Murasaki gasped.

Arangami stepped into the back of the truck.

"Where's DragonLore?" he asked. Yume stood up and bore her teeth with a growl.

"He's not with us." She answered. "Go away and leave us alone!"

"Where is he?!" Arangami demanded angrily. Murasaki timidly stepped foreword.

"You were in the demon temple, weren't you?" she asked.

"…" Arangami decided not to answer.

"Th' Yuzuha?" Momiji blinked. "Yu were they?"

"…"

"I heard about you." Murasaki narrowed her eyes at Arangami. "Aren't you the only survivor?! Are you the one framing Genji as a murderer?!"

"Yes and yes." Arangami nodded. "And he is a murderer."

"He saved your life and this is how you thank him?!" Murasaki outbursted. Arangami froze in fear. He couldn't believe what he heard.

"He…he couldn't have…" He stuttered. "I…I…"

"You're that ninja, aren't you?" Yume barked. "I recognize your scent! You tried to kill Genji!"

Arangami was about to answer when Trunks and Goten ran around to the back.

"Hey you!" Trunks shouted at Arangami. "Leave them alone!"

"…" Arangami was quiet for a moment, then he turned to Murasaki. "Where are you all going?"

"It's none of your business." She shook her head.

"Wherever you're going, I'm coming with you." He decided. "DragonLore is at your destination and I want to be there too."

Ryu narrowed his eyes at Arangami.

"And what'll happen when we see Genji again?"

"I promise not to harm him. My master wants to see him, and I am sword to obey."

"Who are you?" Murasaki demanded.

"My name is Arangami…direct descendent of Yuzuha."

The whole truck fell silent as Arangami stepped out of the truck, and took a pen out of his breast pocket.

"Oh, before we go…"

/|\

The sheriff and his men woke up an hour later, and they discovered a note wrapping up several nuggets of pure gold. The note read:

"Genji DragonLore is in my custody. I will see to it that he is punished accordingly.

Thank you all for your hard work. The people are safe once again.

Dr. Hojo"