Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 55 ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 55

Genji quickly dressed in his usual red kimono shirt and blue pants, and tied on his sandals. He quickly rushed downstairs to the table. Marron was already seated at the table, fork and butter knife ready.

"Hi Genji!" she greeted happily. "Good morning!" Genji nervously frowned, and took a seat as far away from Marron as he could. 18 then served up waffled for the two teens. She noticed Genji trying to avoid Marron's glances and smirked.

"She's a good kid," 18 whispered in Genji's ear, "she just made a bad first impression. I think you two would be really cute together."

Genji didn't believe what he just heard!

He and Marron?! No way!

He'd rather be Momiji's boyfriend!

He ate quickly, then dashed outside, eager to be trained. Roshi was waiting for him on the beach dressed in his black sensei gi, wearing a turtle shell on his back, and holding his wooden staff in his hand.

"Well Genji, are you ready?"

Genji nodded in determination.

"Now then," Roshi nodded, "I understand that you've already received training, but how much do you know?"

There was a pause as Genji thought back as far as he could. He was about to sum up what he had learned, when Roshi burst out into embarrassed laughter.

"Heh, heh… I forgot, you're mute."

Genji glared in annoyance.

"Right…uh… Just do a few warm up stretches, and I'll go get 18." Roshi proposed, heading back for the house. Genji sighed, and stretched his arms behind his head while rotating his ankles.

Me? The son of Cell? For real?

Guardian, why didn't you tell me?

<Because the demon would have killed you if I did.>

Genji nodded to himself, then lowered himself to the ground to stretch his calves.

Piccolo watched Genji from the upstairs window.

Stay strong, Genji…

/|\

18 relayed Genji's experiences to Roshi.

"He's been training for the last five years. His best field is archery and his worst is open hand. He's studied no specific martial art."

"Hmmm…not much experience…I guess we can start with the basics." Roshi nodded. "Archery, eh? I don't teach weapons in my regimen. It's purely open hand."

**HUH?!** Genji's eyes went wide in fear. **NO WAY!**

"Calm down, kid." 18 smiled. "If you're no good at open hand, then Roshi will teach you." Genji calmed, and nodded.

"Well, we can start by testing your abilities." Roshi determined, taking a stopwatch out of his pocket. "Okay, Genji, the first thing I want you to do is run one lap around my island as quick as you can."

Genji blinked a couple of times, then shrugged. He got down into a sprinting position. Roshi nodded.

"Ready…set…" He clicked down on the stopwatch. "Go!"

Genji bounded around the island as fast as he could. It felt like no time at all when he reached Roshi again, and the old man clicked his timer to a stop.

"Fifteen seconds?" the old man blinked. "Pretty good. The average human takes a little over a minute…"

"Well, it's not a very big island." 18 chuckled, flinging some hair over her shoulder. "And Genji is not an average human. Right, Genji?"

He beamed with a nod.

**I have the fastest feet on Singing Mountain.**

"Now to test your strength and battle skills." Roshi put the stopwatch away and struck a defensive position. "Try and hit me, kiddo."

Genji blinked a few times.

**But… Muten Roshi-sama…**

"Oh, go smack him one." 18 urged, pointing at her face. "His brain needs to be sloshed around so that he can think of things other than hot, naked chicks."

Roshi faced 18 angrily.

"You little biddy! How dare you talk about the venerable old master like that!"

18 scrunched her nose at him.

"Don't act so high and mighty because you've taken your first pupil in over twenty years."

"Why you…"

Genji watched the two bicker, and shrugged.

**Well, he said to try and hit him…**

Genji rushed foreword with a ready fist.

**HYAAAAAAA…**

POW!

Roshi was sent flying until…

SPLASH!

…He landed a ways out into the ocean. A wave washed him up on the shore, and left his shoulders and head draped in seaweed. 18 couldn't contain her mirth. She fell over, holding her sides, and laughed hard enough to shed tears. Roshi glared at Genji through his sunglasses.

"Have some respect for an old man!" Roshi scolded.

**But…**

"…you told him to hit you, and he did!" 18 pointed out, between laughs. Roshi growled, batting seaweed off his shoulders and bald head.

"Well, Genji, very well done. I see you are a very special boy who can put his abilities to good use. Now, the training begins!"

Genji stood a little straighter and smiled. He couldn't wait to finally learn how to fight open handed.

Roshi grinned at the boy.

"Now, your first task of my regimen is…"

/|\

**…Do his grocery shopping?!** Genji huffed as he and 18 sat in the backseat of the hover car. Marron was seated in the passenger seat while Kuririn drove. 18 rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"I shoulda known that old man would use you as an excuse to be more lazy." She groaned.

"Well, look at it this way," Kuririn brightened up, "Genji doesn't have to spend a whole week cooped up in the house. Why not take him on a tour of the islands? Would you like that, Genji?"

**Yeah, I guess.** Genji nodded solemnly. **Grocery shopping… I don't believe it…**

"This'll be so much fun." Marron giggled. "I'd love to show you around, Genji."

Genji lowered his head and blushed.

Some vacation this is turning out to be…