Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 58 ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 58

Just outside the park, there was an ice cream parlor overlooking the beach. Genji had a few zeni on him, so he bought ice cream cones for Marron and himself. He bit into his scoop of strawberry ice cream while Marron licked her rocky-road double decker.

I wonder how long Kuririn and 18 are going to leave us here… Genji wondered to himself, looking out the beachside window.

"So, Genji…"

**Yes?**

"What's it like on Singing Mountain?"

The question instantly brought back memories, and Genji smiled.

**It's absolutely beautiful. The entire mountain was one big forest, ruled by wolves the size of trucks. The wolf tribe is made up of only priestesses, we men just hang around. Singing Mountain is also home to the Shishi Gami, the last remaining god of life and death. He talks just like I can, through his eyes. I don't know if you would like it there… It's much quieter and more solitary than the ocean…**

"I think I would love it." Marron smiled. "Maybe I'll come visit you with mommy and daddy sometime."

**Sure.** Genji agreed. **I'd like that.**

Marron smiled, and licked her ice cream.

**So, what's it like here? This is dragon territory, right?**

"Yeah. Sea dragons live out here, and two types of mer-people. The first kind are the priests, they look human but they have pale skin, green hair, and virtually no muscles."

Biso… Genji remembered the priest on Singing Mountain. Then, he remembered the sand dollars San Rhapsody gave him, and he looked for them in his item pouch as Marron continued.

"The second kind are the actual mermaids, girls with fish fins. No one has seen an actual mermaid in twenty years."

**Wow.** Genji commented. **So, what can you tell me about these?** He showed her his six shells.

"Hey, you have some too! I dunno what they're called, but warriors carry those with them. They say if you're in really big trouble, like a shipwreck, then you throw one into the sea and help will come to save you. It works with any body of water, like rivers and lakes too. I never used one yet, but the priests that stop by home usually give me one."

**Hmm…**

"Where'd you get these?"

**There's a dragon priest who lives on Singing Mountain, and he gave them to me before I left.**

"Wow. Cool."

Genji put the sand dollars away, and finished up his ice cream. Marron was just about done with hers when Genji finally asked the question that was bugging him for a while.

**So, who did Cell fight here?**

Marron blinked at him, then bit on a fingernail in thought.

"Oh…uh… Daddy told me this once… I think it was…"

<Why'd you ask her that? I thought you didn't want anything to do with Cell… Besides, I could have answered that question for you…>

"…well, I know daddy was there…so was Mr. Vegeta…and…someone else…"

<Two someones.>

**Two someones?**

"Uh…oh yeah! 16 was there! Mommy said I would have loved him. He was such a peaceful guy."

**"Was?" Is he dead?**

<Noooo, you think?!> the guardian groaned with sarcasm.

"Yeah, he died in the Cell Game. And the last guy was…uh…"

<Trunks.>

**Trunks?!**

"Oh, Mirai no Trunks! That's right! He and Cell did most of the fighting…"

**Thanks, that's all I wanted to know.**

"Sure."

Genji grinned to himself, looking back out the window.

Now I've got my list of suspects…

<"Suspects?">

I'm going to find out who you are once and for all.

<Hey, you aren't supposed to be talking to me!>

Oh right… Let's take this somewhere else.

**Where's the bathroom?** Genji asked Marron.

"Oh, good idea. It's just across the street."

((Too short today? Sorry, blame it on writer's block along with big weekend plans and my mom is dragging me out the door now for shopping. Perhaps a longer chapter next time. ~Masq))