Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 57 ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 57

"This is my favorite spot in the whole park." Marron said, leaning against a guard railing. They were looking at a large and very deep lake surrounded by the guardrail. "I think this lake is neat. Mommy says I'm crazy, but I understand why."

**Why?** Genji asked, looking out at the lake. **I find this interesting too. I can feel something from this lake…like it has a ki of its own…**

"That's what daddy and his friends say. They told me this is where Cell became perfect."

Genji blinked at her.

**Right here?**

<Yep.>

"Yeah, right here. But mommy doesn't like coming here because this is where she died."

Genji nodded.

**Yeah. Yamcha told me about that. Cell ate her, then he regurgitated her at the Cell Game.**

"Mommy won't tell me what happened, though. She keeps saying she can't remember, but she's lying."

**Maybe she really doesn't remember. Being eaten is a traumatic experience, I hear…**

"I dunno. And daddy doesn't like telling the whole story either. The hardest question he had to answer me was 'how did you and mommy meet?' "

Genji folded his arms on the guardrail and closed his eyes. He could feel the ki vibrating below the water after all these years, the last physical traces of Cell. Within the rhythmic vibrations, Genji could hear sounds and voices from the past echoing in his mind. He heard explosions, screaming, men shouting frantically, and evil laughter that sent a shiver up Genji's spine. He even listened to 18's screams as she died…

"You monster! How could you?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

<Hey, that's enough, kid. Come back to the here and now if you don't mind.>

The guardian sounded nervous, so Genji opened his eyes and looked out at the blue water in front of him.

This island is so beautiful… It's hard to believe a terrible battle was fought here and that others had died…

…for the freedom we all enjoy today.

<It's a sad thing to think about, yes. I had to think about it myself since I died and then became your guardian.>

Genji blinked a few times.

How did you die?

<SHHHHHHT! You aren't supposed to talk to me, remember?!>

Whoops!

"Genji…"

**Huh?** Genji looked at Marron, afraid she might have heard him. She looked back at him timidly.

"…Is it true…that…you're…"

**What is it, Marron?**

"…Cell's son?"

Genji wasn't exactly taken by surprise, but he couldn't believe she asked that in public. He looked around to see if anyone was listening to them, then he turned back to her.

**I don't know for sure. Everyone says I am, but I'm leaning towards the 'no' answer. I'll admit that my mother was in love with him, but that doesn't officially mean I'm his son.**

"Okay." Marron nodded.

**But what if I am the son of Cell? What would you have done?**

Marron smiled and shook her head.

"Aw, it's cool. I wouldn't really care. No matter who your daddy was, you're still Genji DragonLore. Right?"

Genji nodded.

**I suppose…**

Suddenly, Marron latched onto him in a tight hug. He froze, completely unresponsive, as her arms wrapped around his torso and her cheek pressed against his chest. He had no idea what to do except hold perfectly still and wonder why all young girls desired him. They stayed that way for a few moments, then Marron looked into his eyes.

"You're really soft…"

Genji was growing nervous, and his body was starting to shake.

**Thank you?**

Marron giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck. He could feel her body press closer to his, and his face flushed.

"I think you're cute, Genji." Marron whispered in his ear.

**Here we go again, poor Genji…**

"What about you? Do you think I'm cute, Genji?"

Genji began to break into a sweat.

**Well…eh…um…you're…nice looking! But Marron…**

"Will you be my boyfriend, Genji?"

He was starting to panic.

**We hardly know each other! Marron, please stop!**

She just hugged him even closer, and breathed on his neck. He shivered, and squeezed his eyes shut in fear.

**Help…**

"We can get to know each other. What do you say, Genji?"

He felt like crying.

**This is sexual harassment…**

"C'mon, Genji! I wanna be your girl! Please?"

**Okay, I had enough! Marron, stop it!**

Genji finally pushed her away. She looked at him in confusion, seeing that he was breathing hard and every inch of his skin was bright red.

"Genji, what's wrong? Was it something I did?"

**Yes… No, wait! I mean… Listen to me, Marron. I know you mean well, and thank you for the flattering comments… but you just don't jump on someone like that and expect everything you want. Love and commitment takes time.**

He stared down at his feet, not sure if he said the right thing.

"Genji?" Marron looked like she was about to cry. "Is there another woman? Is that it?"

**No, that's not it at all. I can list up to ten girls who have the hots for me, but I'm not in love with them. I'm just not ready for a relationship yet.**

"Oh." Marron understood, hanging her head sadly. She sniffed back a tear. "Damn, here we go again…"

Genji's eyes widened at Marron's language. He couldn't believe her sudden act out of her character.

**Did you just say 'damn?' **

"This always happens…whenever I find someone I really like, they don't like me, and…and then…" She was starting to break down. "…and then I start crying, and I don't stop for days…and…and…"

<Sheesh, what a baby…>

Genji bit his lip, not sure what to do now.

Aw no…I'm making her cry…

<Well, do you have a tissue on you?>

No…

<Okay, so much for that idea… Just give her a hug.>

!!!

<She needs comforting right now. Give her a hug.>

Genji sighed.

Okay, here it goes…

Genji walked towards her, and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. She put her hands on his back and held herself close to him while crying on his shoulder. He rocked back and forth for a while, rubbing her shoulder blades in comfort. After a few minutes, she started to calm down. He put his hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes.

**You shouldn't cry about things like that. You waste so much ki.** He smiled at her comfortingly. **I'm sorry, Marron. Just because I don't want to be your boyfriend doesn't mean I don't like you. Let's just be friends, okay?**

She nodded, solemnly.

"Okay…"

**Alright…**

Genji paused for a minute, looking around. **So, what do you usually do to cheer up?**

Marron thought for a minute.

"I usually eat something…like ice cream."

**Ice cream sounds good. How about I buy you some?**

Marron happily hugged his neck.

"Yay! Thank you, Genji!"

Genji smiled and hugged her back.

**So, where can we get some?**

"There's a tasty oasis just down the path here. C'mon!" She grabbed his hand, and pulled him away from the lake. He silently chuckled in his head and followed, no longer nervous of holding a young girl's hand.

He and Marron were going to be good friends.

<Oh, by the way kid, you're welcome. Say, Marron might actually make a better girl than Momiji… This is going to be tough to decide… And Momiji is going to kill you when she finds out about this…>