Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Urbania ❯ Fallin ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note: This isn't a song fic, but the song I used a little ways down is "Oops! (Oh, my!)" by Tweet and Missy Elliot. It is one of my fave songs of all time, totally awesome groove. Listen to it sometime, it's R/B. Enjoy my ficcie!

Serena had gone strait to bed after The Arena. Ryo was tired as well, and retired shortly after. Serena finished up the laundry the next morning, and next began to sew up Ryo's holey clothes. At the dining room table, separate piles of laundered clothes were in front of different Women and they knitted and darned the pieces of partially severed clothing. Serena moved with her pile next to Relena, who graciously accepted her company. A few more Women walked in. They grunted when they saw the last spot near Relena was taken and moved to another part of the table. Relena was very popular, both with the Women and the Men, and of course with Heero and the Guards. Maybe it was her submissive nature and subliminal strength. Maybe it was her charm. In any case, Serena felt special. Serena was just like Relena, only she hadn't lost her flame. Serena started sewing slowly. She spoke softly to Relena:

"You'll be proud to know I didn't runaway yesterday."

Relena smiled her small smile. "Yes, I am very pleased. I'm glad that you are here where I can give you minimal protection." Serena smiled. Her pile was getting smaller and smaller very quickly. Ryo strode in. He approached Serena and laid a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't forget the stuff on the bed," he reminded.

"I didn't forget."

Ryo sighed. "I didn't ask whether or not you forgot. You just needed to say 'Ok' or 'Will do'."

"I wanted to impress you by showing you I didn't forget."

Ryo didn't go on. He just left. He didn't feel like getting into it. Minutes after he left, Serena finished the clothes in front of her and stood up to leave for more.

"You finished already?" Relena asked softly, surprised.

"Sorta," Serena murmured, "gotta get some more off the bed." Serena left Relena's side for her room.

The hall with the rooms and chore rooms was quiet with the exception of the dull roar emitting from the Arms room, where the Men met for coffee and to discuss Manly things. Serena ignored her surroundings and pushed the door open to her room.

The pile of holey garments sat conspicuously on the made-up bed, calling Serena's name. Serena sighed at the sight of them and checked herself on the mirror. There, on the vanity stand, was a small car accessory she hadn't seen in a few years.

"Oh," she smiled, "a radio!" She turned it on and tuned to a station. A good song to dance to played:

Tell ya what I did last night Came home, say, around a quarter to three

Mistress Valentine had taught her to love music and dance:

"Serena," her mistress had said, "Hooking is the most important thing in your life. You need it to survive, because I'm not always going to be there for you. But money isn't everything. You need an outlet."

Still so high, hypnotized, in a trance

"You love music, so, I want you to spend all this week doing something with music. You can write songs, you can analyze music, compose, or…"

From this body, so buttery brown

And tantalizing

"…dance"

You woulda thought I needed help with this feeling that I felt So shook I had to catch my breath

Serena dropped what she was doing and moved around the room in a sexy, refreshing dance. Her dancing brought back happiness she didn't think was possible any longer in any form. She slowly became what the music did to her: free.

Oops! There goes my shirt up over my head

Oh, my!

Oops! There goes my skirt droppin to my feet

Oops! Some kinda touch caressin my legs

Oh, my!

Ooh, I'm turnin' red, who could this be?

Serna moved silently, soulfully around the room. Mistress Valentine was a good dancer. She taught Serena everything she knew and more. Serena swerved to the side, dipped and shook, snaked and twirled. The radio was loud and her body was proud as she moved and swayed like the trees in a breeze. Ryo heard the radio on his way to bother Serena and stopped, pressing his ear to the door.

I looked over to the left

Mmm, I was looking so good, I had to touch myself

Ryo opened the door quietly. He looked in.

I looked over to the left

Mmm, I was looking so good, I couldn't reject myself

Ryo stepped in, slid into a corner, and gazed at her, now in one spot, continuously swinging her head in his direction without looking at him

I looked over to my left Mmm, I was eyein' my thighs, butter-pecan brown

Serena didn't know she was seducing him.

I looked over to my left

Mmm, comin' outta my shirt and then my skirt came down

Oops! There goes my shirt up over my head

Oh, my!

Oops! There goes my skirt droppin to my feet

Oops! Some kinda touch, caressin my legs

Oh, my!

Oops! I'm turnin' red, who could this be?

Serena moved seductively to wordless music and danced like this was the first time. Ryo slipped behind her when she looked to the corner he was in, and clicked off the radio. Serena, completely startled, put a hand over her heart and glared at him. She didn't say anything.

"You like to dance?" he asked. Instead if going off about what a stupid question that was, Serena said simply,

"Yes."

Ryo sighed, sitting on the bed. "If I was to take you to a night club, would you promise to stay there and dance with me and not runaway?"

Serena's eyes widened with excitement. "There are still night clubs around?"

"There's one about an hour from here. Do you promise?"

"Yes, yes I do! I would love to go!" Ryo smiled at her, a sweet, boyish smile she'd not seen in him before. She smiled at him, a gentle, lovely smile he'd not seen in her before. They just smiled at each other. Serena looked away.

"When are we leaving?"

"Tonight, at seven. You have enough time to help cook and get ready. We won't be here for dinner. We're going to a friend of mine's place to eat."

A nightclub and dinner out? This was so much, so quickly! Serena didn't stop to consider this was all a dream or a scheme, though, and rushed to her chores.

Serena took her long hair down and braided it intricately and wound the braids around each other. Relena gave her a hand, of course, but it still took almost an hour. Serena and Relena each finished getting ready separately, and Ryo knocked on Serena's door when he was ready. She opened the door. Ryo was dressed in a shirt so white it was luminous, slacks and dress shoes. He looked very handsome. He gaped at her.

"You look…so…gorgeous…" he muttered, astonished. Serena wore a short, one shouldered, form fitting black dress and formal sandal-style high heels that tied up to her mid-calf. He offered his arm. She slid her arm into his. They walked out to Ryo's sedan. Ryo opened the door for Serena, and Serena slipped in. Relena sat there waiting.

Relena, of course, was beautiful, wearing a slinky, short, open-backed dress that glittered with sequins. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and her lips threw off more light than the bright moon. Serena giggled and complemented Relena over and over again, and Relena giggled and complemented her back. Ryo and Heero tapped fists and Heero drove to the club.

An hour later, they reached the Blue Haze. A valet parked their car and returned the keys to Ryo. They entered.

The music shoved its way in one ear and out the other as booming tunes shook the building's foundation. Ryo immediately began to bob his head. Serena followed his lead, though not so grave, and looked for Relena's approval. She and Heero were already on the floor. Serena saw that Heero wore a white dress shirt and open vest with dark navy slacks and dress shoes. Serena grabbed Ryo's hand and took him out on the floor.

Ryo and Heero were both very good dancers, and gave Serena and Relena something to work with, but Serena felt that she was better. Relena however, was the best: Serena tore the dance floor up, but Relena set it on fire. She didn't dance very much with Heero, as one would think, but didn't dance with any other Men either. She danced with Relena, and Relena was the best partner for Relena. She grooved with twice the agility and seduction as Serena, but didn't show her up. Serena recovered and danced faster and harder. Relena started to go back to her regular pace when Serena got the lead out. Ryo and Heero were now on one side of the floor, watching Serena and Relena, who made them look like they'd never been out. The music toned down some, and the two laughed and adjourned to the table Heero and Ryo sat at. There was a lively conversation between the four young adults, even Relena participated in, leading some parts of it. Over drinks and water, they talked and laughed and playfully insulted. Serena was having a great time. Then, a slow and sweet love ballad over came the room. Heero smiled gently at Relena and took her hand, leading her deep into the crowd. After they left, Serena again took Ryo's hand and pulled him to the floor. He instinctively wrapped his arms around her waist and knocked his forehead against hers, rubbing their noses together. She wrapped her arms loosely around his neck, holding him closer when he held her closer. Lyrics of love and devotion swirled in the background and began to wrap Ryo and Serena in their spell of oneness and they danced ever closer. Ryo dipped her, and Serena arched deep. He pulled her quickly back up to him, squeezing her against himself, his heart, his entire being. She could feel the warmth of his chest penetrating her body and lingering in her chest before finding its way back to the hand he used to push her back into his chest. Serena gathered her hands at the front of his shirt collar and laid her head on his collarbone. He held the middle of her back and rested his chin on the crown of her head. Serena closed her eyes. She danced with her prince. She opened her eyes and saw Heero and Relena. Heero held Relena close, as a husband would hold his wife. Serena looked into Ryo's melancholy sky-blue eyes.

"Look at them," Serena said just over the booming music, "they look so…happy."

"They always look like that outside of home."

Serena didn't know exactly what to say to that. She lay back on Ryo's chest. "We have to come here more often."

They left the club after the last song was played around nine thirty. Serena and Relena continued to laugh and joke with Heero and Ryo. They pulled into Ryo's friend's house, chatted for a few, ate quickly, and headed home. Serena and Relena slept the whole way. Ryo touched Serena's shoulder when they arrived home. She opened her eyes. Relena was gone, and so was Heero inside. Serena started to nod off again. Ryo shook her harder.

"Come on," he grunted. Serena stood shakily, eyes still closed, and threw her arms around Ryo's neck, lifting her leg in an attempt to climb into his arms and have him carry her inside. Ryo was surprised she would attempt such a bold thing. He was even more surprised when he found himself sliding his arms under the bends in her legs and around her waist. He hoisted her up to his chest. Her head rolled around for a bit before finding his shoulder. He walked in with her in his arms.

Ryo was sneaking around the next day, but he was the only one that noticed. He peeked in on Serena in the kitchen, washing away the soil on the dishes. He pushed his way in and went to her side, laying a hand on the small of her back.

"Don't forget to feed Riley," he reminded.

Serena put forth a great effort, and said simply, "Ok."

Ryo nodded, and exited. He went to the far end of the table where the quietest Women (next to Relena) sewed. A small blonde, Trowa's Woman, he decided to approach, and a taller, darker blonde, Wufei's Woman. He sat down beside Midii.

"What do Women want?"

She looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"What do you Women want? Like little stuff."

Midii looked at Sally. Sally looked down at her sewing.

"Flowers," Dorothy said from beside Sally, "Jewelry."

"Anything more…subtle?"

"I've heard stories about Men in the past wooing their loves with candy, little pieces of chocolate."

Ryo nodded, taking this in. "Thank-you ladies." He walked away. Lucretzia looked around.

"Who said that?" she asked. Sally looked at Midii. Midii shrugged. Serena walked by. They looked at her.

"What?" she asked. Midii shook her head. Serena walked on.

Sometime later, Serena went to her room, hoping to listen to the radio a bit before starting Ryo's laundry. She was disappointed to find Ryo had moved the radio. She sighed and dropped her shoulders. Something caught her attention. A small piece of paper. She picked it up. It was a piece of fine chocolate candy in an elegant, glowing wrapper. She looked at it in wonder. She hadn't seen a piece of candy in more years than she'd last seen a radio, but she'd know it anywhere. There was only one question: Was it safe to eat? She unwrapped it slowly. The milk chocolate was bumpy with peanuts. Her mouth watered. Was it worth the risk? She sniffed it. There weren't any obvious toxins on it, not to assume there were not in any case. The candy had been laying on her pillow. Could Cye have put it there to avenge his humiliation? Cye wouldn't go in Ryo's room; only Guards did that, not the other Men. Could Heero have put it there for her to eat and be poisoned? That wasn't too likely; Heero seemed to adore Ryo, and the chances were too high that Ryo would get to it before Serena. Who would leave Ryo candy? Serena had pondered over the chocolate long enough. It was time for the moment of truth. She popped it into her mouth. It was delicious, nutty and rich. It was as refreshing as her dance. She smiled as the potentially deadly confectionary treat melted slowly in her mouth. She wadded up the paper and started to throw it away, but decided to leave it on the pillow. Who ever left the candy would probably be back to check if it had been eaten? It was then she decided Relena had left it for her. She smiled, wadded up the paper, and threw it on her pillow. She picked up some of her own clothes to wash with Ryo's and left. She didn't drop dead all the rest of the day, so the candy must have been safe. The wrapper disappeared from her pillow sometime after she left. When she came back to her room to go to bed, it wasn't there.

The next day, she went back to her room for some lip balm, thinking about the candy, but not expecting any. She was surprised to see another piece, same brand, different filling. Yesterday was peanut, today was mint cream, and it was just as delicious. She wondered if her favorite would come.

The next day she entered her room at the same time as the two prior, half-expecting some candy. She was not disappointed. There was a different type of candy: gelatin candy from China. She realized the candy was imported, therefore it was expensive. She realized Relena was not the one leaving her the candy. She trembled with the romantic possibility of a secret admirer. She sucked the candy out of its plastic home and swallowed it whole. It had a nice kick of tanginess, and Serena pursed her lips as it tickled her taste buds. She licked the container and left the wrapper where she did, on her pillow. Ryo didn't say anything to her about her sudden rash of sweet, contented smiles, and she didn't say anything to him about the mysterious candy. The next day, her wish for her favorite came true-a cherry lollipop was laying on her pillow, waiting patiently for her. Serena's face lit up and her eyes twinkled. She dropped the cleaning products she'd been carrying to clean the bathroom. She unwrapped the lollipop and sat at her vanity stand, alternating between licking and sucking on it. She looked at herself. She had lost a little weight, but was still healthy, vibrant, not frail and submissive like Relena. Relena and Heero had looked so happy at the club. Why couldn't they be like that all the time? Serena knew it had everything to do with the way his colleagues expected him to act. Poor Relena had to suffer so Heero could keep all of his manly dignity. Ryo opened the door suddenly. Serena jerked the lollipop out of her mouth and tried to hide it beneath the table.

"What 'cha got there?"

"A lollipop?"

"From who?"

Serena paused. "I really don't know who it's from. It was just here, so I figured it was for me."

Ryo smiled. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah," Serena said hesitantly. "It's my favorite."

"Hmm," Ryo grunted, adjusting his watch, "Well, I wish you would enjoy them when you finish your chores. Get back to work." He left, but Serena didn't. She finished her lollipop slowly, then left the paper on her pillow, and returned to the bathroom. She realized she'd left an extra rag in her room some minutes later, and returned to find another cherry lollipop. She took it and began to suck it down. She couldn't slack off anymore on her chores, so she walked out of her room with the little stick sticking out of her mouth to finish the bathroom and move on to mop the kitchen. Hilde and Sally were in there, cooking lunch.

"What 'cha got there?" Hilde asked. Serena smiled and showed them her lollipop.

"Where'd you get that from?"

"Somebody left it for me," Serena said with a shrug. Sally politely ignored, slicing some roast beef.

"What kind is it?" Hilde persisted.

"Cherry."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"What a coincidence. Cherry is Ryo's favorite. Maybe it was Ryo."

That didn't make any sense to Serena. "Why would Ryo leave candy for me?"

Hilde shrugged. "Beats me. He hates chicks, he said so. He just likes to do it. A lot."

Serena was somewhat taken back by this. She knew Ryo didn't think they were good for much else than the pleasure of being a Man, but she didn't know she was hated. She put the lollipop in the trash.

She got into the room before Ryo did that night, and thought about what Hilde had told her. Ryo hates chicks. He just likes to do it…a lot. Hilde couldn't always be right, but that didn't mean she was always wrong. What if Ryo did hate her? He had good reason, all the trouble she caused him, but she hadn't caused trouble lately. Maybe she should…just to see if Ryo hated her the way Heero did. She was sure Heero still hated her. Ryo walked in as Serena decided what trouble she would cause.

"I'm sleeping with you tonight," she informed.

"Yes you are," Ryo replied, as if she'd said 'I'm not a blonde.'

"No, I'm not. You have other Women, sleep with them. I'm not putting out."

"Yes you are," He said in the same tone, undressing. Serena stayed in her stance on the bed. Ryo had stripped down to his boxers and climbed into bed, sliding his hand around her waist and kissing her neck. She stood up out of bed.

"I told you I'm not doing anything with you tonight."

"Stop being ridiculous. Get back here."

"No."

Ryo looked at her hard. "What?"

"You heard what I said. No."

"And you heard what I said. Get in the bed."

"I won't repeat myself."

"I won't argue," Ryo got out of bed and put on a house robe. "Move it, you're getting a beating."

Serena didn't move. Ryo got in her face.

"Don't make me have to pick you up and carry you to the room."

"You get past me you can give me fifty lashes."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"If you get me to that room, I'll submit."

"What are you going to do, fight me?"

"Yes."

"Forget that. Heero--!"

"What a coward," Serena muttered coldly, "You're no Man. You are a boy."

Ryo looked at her in absolute disbelief. "What did you say to me?"

Serena got in his face the way he was in hers. "You heard me you little puss. You don't own me. You could never own me." she dropped her voice menacingly, "You're not man enough."

Serena hurt Ryo right then a lot more than she knew. He got out of her face and sat down on the bed, his head drooping. "I know."

"It's about time," Serena went on, but then stopped. Ryo didn't say anything back. He just sat on his bed, looking down. He looked so sad. He stood up.

"I guess I'll sleep with-"

"Me," Serena insisted, pushing him down, "You and I are gonna work on that. You don't have to have sex every time you lay in a bed. Just chill." Serena pushed him to the other side of the bed and got in herself, wrapping her arms around Ryo the way he did her after they made love. "Goodnight."

Ryo didn't say anything. No Woman had ever held him like this before. He didn't even bother taking his robe off. He fell asleep.

Serena woke up what felt like minutes later and got out of bed. For some reason, the way Heero treated Relena hung high in her mind and she felt every little hurt he dealt her. She stretched and moved to her vanity mirror to look at her morning face and begin the getting ready process. She looked into Relena's eyes. She was wearing Relena's clothes. She was in Relena's body, and she was frail, dirty, and bleeding in her soul. She gasped, touching her arms and face. It was all real and all there. She looked at the bed. Heero was laying there, naked. She screamed. Her vanity mirror shattered.

Serena opened her eyes wide, gasping for air. It was a nightmare. Being Relena was a nightmare. Serena covered her mouth with her hand, turning from gasps to sighs to solemn breaths. Ryo opened the door.

"Serena, get up, Riley's hungry."

Serena saw the hurt in his eyes, and wanted to apologize and hug him and tell him it was OK. But he left before she got a chance to.

Ending note: Sorry for the sucky end, but the next chapter will be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxo,

Alexandria the Great