Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Catch Them! ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 10

"What did you guys do with the other wish from the dragonballs?" Serena asked as they arrived and landed on the soft terrain, dropping her onto her butt. She stood up immediately, giving him a displeased look, and rubbed it.

"You ask too many questions, but if you must know, we told the dragon to get lost until we need to use it to get back. Now are you finished?" He sent an irritated glance at her, and she nodded nervously. "Good. It's time to warm up. We'll stretch for ten minutes, then we'll go for a jog." He smirked mischievously at his last remark. Serena eyed him, but did as she was told, doing many flexibility stretches. He examined the shape she was in floating above her head. She was in better shape than most earthlings.

"It's time to run." He turned to Trunks and Goten. "I want you two to stay in front of her while we jog. Go slowly at first, then pick up the pace." He turned to Serena. "I'll stay behind you. Make sure you stay in front of me or you'll have to run longer. I'll go easy on you today, but only for today. Catch that girl?" Serena gulped, nodding. "Alright, let's start."

Trunks and Goten started running at a slow pace for them. They did this pace for about five minutes. Vegeta grinned. She was able to keep up the whole time, even at the speed they were going. Trunks turned his head and looked at his father. Vegeta nodded.

Trunks and Goten picked up the speed a bit, and Vegeta noticed that she was still able to keep up.

"Faster!" he ordered. They did until Serena started to fall behind them and Vegeta almost past her. He grabbed her arm and swung her forward. She stumbled a bit, but kept running.

"I don't know how much longer I can take this!" she gasped for breath. They had to have been running for at least twenty minutes already and her legs had started to go numb after the first ten minutes.

"We've only been running for thirty minutes and you're about to give up! This is to increase your endurance! Without it, you cannot fight a battle for long, and I have a feeling this battle won't be an easy victory for you!" He smirked as a thought popped up into his head. "I'll let you stop if you're willing to give up on your brother!" She shook her head, but wasn't sure how much more her legs could take. The cramps on both sides of her stomach had intensified in the past five minutes. When she was about to fall to her knees, Goten and Trunks grabbed her arms and pulled her along with them.

"Come on Serena! You can do it!" Goten cheered her on. Trunks was about to do the same, but he saw his father scowl at the action, though Vegeta didn't say anything about it. Trunks wasn't about to do anything to displease his father.

Serena felt as if her legs were about to fall off, and her arms hurt from Goten and Trunks pulling her along. In fact, she almost wished they would detach themselves because of the soreness in them.

Vegeta stared at the girl. She was about ready to collapse. He didn't think she would make it another minute, so he decided to stop before he had to keep his word and make her run more.

"Alright, that's enough for now. Take a ten minute break and meet me back here," he said as he watched the effects of gravity and her body when the boys let go. She was breathing heavily, and sweat sparkled on her face. Serena crawled towards the river edge, peering down tiredly at the smooth running water. Suddenly, she dunked her face in it. She stayed like that for about thirty seconds until she needed air again.

"Here, have some water," Trunks offered. Serena thankfully took it, taking a couple sips, then pouring the rest on her head. Her breathing was shallow, making Vegeta wonder if he pushed her too hard, but he quickly pushed the thought away.

"That was a good warm-up, but now the real training begins," he almost complemented.

"I don't feel so good," Serena complained, but quickly stopped when she remembered what Vegeta had said When she got to her feet, she staggered a bit, and her eyes focused in and out.

Vegeta could see the stubbornness in her eyes. He knew she wasn't planning to give up until she had achieved what she desired, a chance to save the world and destroy Kakou.

"What do I do now?" She asked, walking towards him. Vegeta watched as the boys played hide-and-go-seek tag. He smirked.

"Goten, Trunks!" he called out. They came forth from their hiding spots and brought their hands up to their forehead.

"Sir!" the boys said in unison. Vegeta threw down the capsule at the ground. When the puff of smoke cleared, Serena could make out a highly advanced computer. He walked over to it and pushed a red button. All of a sudden, Serena felt heavy on her feet.

"Wha-" Serena barely managed to get out as her face met the ground. Her arms shook as she tried to get up while Vegeta laughed at her worthless attempt to get up. Serena glanced up at her master and the kids. How is it that they can still stand?

"Ten times earth's normal gravity," Trunks read from the screen, turning to his father. "Isn't this a little extreme? She's just a girl." Goten agreed, but Vegeta stared emotionless at Serena, who stared determinedly back. She brought her hands under her chest and pushed up, but fell back down. She tried again, ending up with the same results.

"I can do this," her inner voice said. She tried again, this time able to bring one knee off the ground. But this time when she dropped, she caught herself. "I HAVE TO DO THIS!!" she screamed. For a split second, Vegeta was sure he saw her ki, and felt her power level rise a tremendous amount.

The boys watched in awe as she was able to stand slowly. Goten cheered when she fully extended her legs, while Trunks just smiled, watching his father's reaction.

"Alright! You did it!" he laughed. He danced over to her and patted her on the back, and she stumbled forward to keep her balance from the force of the pat. Goten realized his mistake and helped steady her.

"No more games!" He yelled at Goten, who backed away from Serena and ducked behind Trunks who stood next to her. Serena cringed at the tone he used. He swung around and faced her. "Now the real training begins. Drop and give me one hundred!" Serena's mouth dropped, but Trunks quickly lifted it before Vegeta noticed. His eyes narrowed into tiny slits as he waited for her to start. "Well?! What are you waiting for?!" Serena got on all fours and started doing, as far as Vegeta was concerned, girl pushups. "What do you think you're doing?!" Serena stared quizzically at him. Trunks bent down and whispered to her.

"Using only one hand and no knees," he told her. She sighed. This was going to be a LONG day, she decided, doing as he instructed. After about the first twenty, her arms shook.

"Don't give up! You're doing good!" Goten cheered her on again. Trunks did the same, forgetting his father for the moment. Serena stared up at her mentor. His face held no emotion as he looked on, but Serena did see one thing in his eyes.

"You don't think I can do it, do you," Serena whispered when she reached fifty, breathing heavily. He didn't say anything, and that was all she needed. For some reason that thought fueled her every movement.

"I'm tired of everyone thinking I'm a klutz! That I can't do anything! I'm going to prove every single one of you wrong! Especially you!" She screamed at Vegeta as he smirked in amusement. She had just reached seventy-five, and she wasn't about to give up. Once again he saw the determination burning in her eyes.

"What makes you think that a scrawny girl like you can defeat Kakou?" he yelled. He knew that even if he went SSJ3 and fused with Goku they could not defeat her. He had sensed her massive power from afar, and he wondered if Kakou could sense ki like they could.

"BECAUSE THE PRINCE OF SAIYANS IS TRAINING ME!!!" She yelled as she finished her last pushup, remembering her brother's story said something about a prince named Vegeta, prince of a planet with the same name.

Vegeta was taken aback. Not only had he not expected her answer, but she had said it with such force that it had completely stunned him, but he quickly recovered. When he couldn't think of anything to say, he instructed her to do two hundred sit-ups. She took a quick sip of water that Trunks had given her, and then started on her sit-ups.

Vegeta's eyes became distant. He admired the girl's spirit, though no one but himself would ever know that. He had never thought that this girl could already be so strong, for an earthling, that is. And a girl at the age of thirteen at that.

"Ninety-six, ninety-seven, ninety-eight, ninety-nine," She counted to herself, struggling a little with her last sit-up before reaching a hundred. "…One hundred…one hundred and one, one hundred and two…" Soon she had reached two hundred and had sat up. "Now what?" She asked. Vegeta thought for a moment. He recalled Goten telling Trunks how Goku had beat him the first time they went up against each other. Something about chasing a monkey around and trying to hit a flying bug…

Vegeta grinned at the two boys, then he turned to Serena.

"Catch them," he stated simply, walking towards a shaded area. He sat down and put his hands behind his head, leaning against a tree. "This could take awhile," he muttered to himself, though Serena heard him. She frowned, looking at the boys. They looked as if they couldn't comprehend what Vegeta had said. Serena used this to her advantage and leapt at them, but they dodged her and flew up into the air. Serena looked helplessly at Vegeta who shrugged. She sighed, and tried to climb a nearby tree. When she reached the top, she steadied herself and reached for the Goten. Seeing her, he moved out of her reached and chuckled.

"This is not going to be easy," she mumbled as she jumped down to a lower branch until she reached the ground.