Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Training Begins ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 9

"Here, my mate wanted me to give these to you," Vegeta grunted, throwing them to Goku and his hybrid son.

"Thanks," Goku looked at Vegeta expectantly, and he nodded.

"Dad? Where do you think we should go?" Gohan asked his father. Goku peered down at the ground, slowing his speed a bit, then pointing to a clearing down in the forest. The clearing was enormous, and there weren't any cities for miles around. He gently landed, placing Raye softly on the ground and Lita on her feet. Gohan and his group landed next, but Vegeta kept on going.

"Hey Vegeta! Where are you going?" called the half-bred Saiyan. Vegeta ignored him and kept going.

"Let him go, Gohan. He knows what he's doing. In fact, I'm going into the next clearing a few miles up, okay?" Gohan nodded, watching his dad take off again with Lita and Raye. He turned to Mercury.

"Alright, let's start by warming up. First I want you to do fifty sit-ups and pushups. Then we will take a mile jog. I'll increase the number each day. Alright, go." Gohan instructed.

"I'll do them with you, since I need to train to get stronger to," Videl said, laying down on her back and following Amy's lead.




"Um…Mr…" Raye racked her brain for the name, but couldn't remember.

"Son Goku," Lita told her.

"Just call me Goku," he said, landing again. This clearing wasn't as big as the last, but it was a little better because the forest was thicker. Here, he decided, he could improve the girls' ability to sense ki, but first he had to teach them how to use it. He had a feeling that Raye would grasp the concept quickly. "Let's begin by doing a hundred sit-ups and pushups." The girls gasped.

Goku had taken Jupiter and Mars because they were the strongest out of the scouts, even including Sailor Moon. He had known that Vegeta was going to take Serena when she told them about her brother and parents anyway, and since she was their leader. Vegeta knew what losing a parent was like, and he had wanted this girl to avenge her parents, a chance to do what he couldn't. In a way, Vegeta was feeling sympathetic towards her. Goku beamed at the thought.

"Sounds like he's growing soft," Goku chuckled to himself. He would never say that to Vegeta's face though.

"Uh, Goku?" Raye asked politely. He turned to her.

"Yeah?" Raye smiled, causing Lita to sweat drop. She knew what was coming for she had seen it done many times with Serena, and she was powerless to stop it. Lita covered her ears and shut her eyes.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! WE'VE NEVER DONE THAT MANY BEFORE!! WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!!!" Raye blew up, making Goku shrink back. Goku's face turned serious.

"You're going to do as I say if you want to become stronger and help your friend. She's not going to give up if she wants to save her brother, and Vegeta wouldn't allow her to. Like Vegeta, I won't let you give up. Now let's get to work. Every second we waste, more people are being killed." He never liked to go hard on people, but this was no time to fool around.

Goku turned towards the sky as the girls got on with the sit-ups. He could definitely sense a strong negative energy. That, he guessed, was Kakou. The power was enormous, and he didn't think this was going to be a piece of cake like Vegeta had thought. Even if they went SSJ3 and fused, he didn't think they could win. He floated up into the air and sensed that Vegeta had gone a ways up. He would just have to talk to him later.

He looked down at the girls. They were doing the last of their sit-ups and were moving onto pushups. When they finished their pushups, Goku noticed that they seemed tired already.
He stared down at the capsule in his hand.

"We won't need this for awhile," he sighed, shoving it into his boot.