Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Memories ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 19

18 pulled the light blue curtains open, allowing the sunlight of a fresh, new morning to shine into the room and greet the sleeping forms. She softly smiled down as Serena began to stir in Darien's arms. Last night Darien had refused to let Serena leave his sight so 18 had given them hers and Krillin's room. She and Marron had taken Master Roshi's, forcing him to sleep on the couch.

"Mommy! Is she awake yet? I want to play with her!" Little Marron insisted on waking Serena up. She had, while Serena had been unconscious, braided her long pigtails that flowed out of her buns, and had painted her fingernails with tiny read roses on each of the fingers except the thumbs, which she had painted little silver crystals that glittered with energy streaks.

18 shushed her daughter and swooped down and picked her up, rocking her slowly back and forth. Again she smiled, a real, genuine smile, at the awaking blonde, Serena's hair still braided from the night before. 18 found herself smiling a lot lately. Something about Serena, her warmness towards others, being ripped away from her parents at such an early age, or in her case, her parents being ripped apart, made her smile understandingly and open up to her a little more.

Serena slowly opened her eyes as she sat up, causing Darien to also wake up.

"Serena?" yawned Darien, sitting up.

"…I…" she stared down at the beautiful design on the sheets. They were blue with waves scattered evenly throughout the fabric. A confused look crossed her pale face.

"Serena!" Marron happily laughed. Serena glanced at 18 and Marron.

"Serena!!" came a loud voice as Trunks ran into the room. He had been waiting outside her room for all of yesterday and last night. He wanted to ask her about his father, and tell her about the bad news. "You're finally awake. I need to talk to you." 18 shot her head towards him and shook it.

"Not now Trunks, she needs her rest and she hasn't eaten in days. Now's not the time for that," 18 said, and Trunks nodded sadly.

"What…" Serena rubbed her head. "I have a head ache!" she said grumpily.

"Breakfast will be ready in a minute. Wash your hands and come down." 18 threw Serena a light pink tank top and a pair of tight blue jean shorts. "I didn't like them, so you can keep them. They're not my style."

"Who are you?" 18 stopped dead in her tracks. She turned back to Serena as Trunks and Darien gasped. She tilted her head slightly to the side.

"Serena? It's me, Trunks. Don't you remember anything? What about my father, and Goten! Don't you remember us?!" he said desperately, hoping something would help her remember. 18 tried to stop him before he mention Vegeta and Goten, but it was no use. If Serena didn't remember them, then it would only make Trunks feel worse.

"…who…" she whispered, though she felt a horrible pang in her heart, and turned to Darien. "Darien, what's going on? Where are we, what are we doing here?!" He held her tightly in his arms, but she pushed away. "And why are you acting so strange?! Is this a dream?!" She jumped out of bed and looked at everyone, then flung out of the room and down the stairs, leaving everyone speechless behind her. She quickly opened the door and ran outside, coming to a halt when her feet met the sea. She swung around to see Trunks and Darien right behind her.

"Serena!! Where are you going?!" Darien reached for her but she pulled away, backing into the water knee-high.

"Darien! What's wrong with you?! You're always so mean to me and now all of a sudden you're hugging me?!" She backed deeper into the water. "I'm going home!" Darien looked exasperated.

"Serena, don't you remember anything? The Negaverse, Kakou, Sammy, your parents…Us…" he trailed off as a frightened look came onto her face.

How does he know about the Negaverse?

"I don't know what you're talking about! Is this a joke?! Well I have news for you, mister. I'm not going to play your sick game!!" She turned to the purple haired boy. "What did he do? Pay you? Well I am not going to be your source of entertainment, so goodbye!!" She started to walk deeper into the water.

"Don't be stupid! How are you going to get there?!" Darien yelled.

"I'll swim," Serena stated determinedly.

"Princess," Venus said calmly as she walked down the steps of the house. Serena glanced back at her.

"Sailor V? Is that really you? Have you come to join the Sailor Scouts? Are you the princess?" Serena held her breath, waiting for the answers. She didn't hear her call her princess.

Could this really be her? What's she doing here?

Sailor Venus stepped beside Darien and gently pushed him towards Serena. "Grab her hand and don't let her go, Prince Darien." She looked Serena in the eyes as she gasped when she heard Venus say prince, and she stopped struggling to get away from him. "Princess Serenity, of the Moon Kingdom…it is time for you to know everything. I'll start with the past couple of days…for now, that will be all you can handle…I am sorry for your losses, princess…"

"Princess…Me…my losses? What are you talking about?" Serena's mouth hung open. she peered up at Darien, who nodded. Venus strolled up to the two and placed her hands on Serena's forehead and Darien's. "She cannot do it alone, Darien, Prince of the Earth." He nodded. "…remember…"

Serena's forehead began to glow as a moon shaped mark appeared. Venus backed away and motioned for Darien to follow her. He hesitantly did so, after making sure she was balanced enough to stand in the ocean. Her eyes were emotionless and she looked out of it as a streak of tears poured silently down her face.

"Those losses…" she mumbled to herself as pictures of the last couple of days flooded her mind. She fell to her knees and gave the boy a hug, little by little pictures popped up into her head. First was a terrifying storm and a school on fire, next came a picture of Kakou, then a desperate look on Sammy's face and her parents' dead bodies, then one when she had first met the Z gang, and the enthusiastic child with wild hair and his mischievous friend and their parents, and Darien and her talking on the bench about Tuxedo Mask. Some of the last ones were of Vegeta shooting ki at her and a small form jumping in front of her, shielding her at its own expense. The final one was of the Moon Kingdom…her last memory of it.


FLASHBACK


"Mother? Where are you?" Serena called out, one hand cupping her mouth while the other held up her dress. She halted as she saw a shadowed figure walking her way. "Mother, is that you?" It stopped, still hidden by the darkness. It took another step forward and Serena could make out who it was by the moonlight.

"Hello, Princess Serenity…Give me the crystal now or your mother will die." Other figures formed within the depths of the darkness, by her side.

"You monster!" Serena screamed as Queen Beryl held up her mother by the throat. Queen Serenity shook her head to stop her daughter as she reached for the Imperium Silver Crystal.

"No Serena! You mustn't! The crystal should never be in the wrong hands, no matter the cost!! Run!!" Her mother choked out. Beryl's face wrinkled in anger.

"Shut up, bitch! If she's not willing to hand over the crystal for you," she grinned evilly, "then maybe she'll do it for her prince." Beryl screeched as one of the youmas brought forth an unconscious form.

"Darien!!" Serena cried and took a step forward towards him, but was forced back as three youmas tried to grab her. "Let them go!! I'll give you the crystal!! Just leave them alone!" Beryl smiled triumphantly as Serena held her hand out with the crystal. It shinned brightly into the night, creating a path of light towards Queen Beryl.

"The Imperium Silver Crystal first," Beryl ordered. Serena hesitated and firmly gripped it.

"Here, take it," she finally said. Serena threw it onto the ground, and Beryl's ugly smile widened. A youma picked it up.

"Foolish wench, you don't know what you just did, giving up the safety of the universe for love…pathetic. You know, I think I'm going to keep the Queen and Prince for awhile…" She laughed coldheartedly as Serena gasped.

"Give them back, Beryl!" She lunged at her, but was stopped as over twenty youmas surrounded her.

"Master Kakou will be most pleased! Too bad she won't be back to this dimension for a long while…but with this crystal in my possession, I will be granted immortality!!"

"Kakou…what?!" Serena asked as she frantically tried to get away from the youmas. There were way too many for her to deal with. One of them caught her by the dress and pulled her to the ground. "No!! Someone help me!!!" The youma that picked up the crystal placed it into Queen Beryl's hands.

Suddenly, a bright light filled the area, so bright that Serena had to shield her eyes from its intensity. At first she thought it was the crystal, but a couple of deep voices dismissed that thought. She peered out from under her arm and saw two forms outlined by the light calmly and briskly walk up to Beryl and grab the crystal from her possession and then run at an amazingly fast speed towards her. Strong arms picked her up as the other figure took Darien and the Queen from the youmas arms. They hurriedly flew away from the seen.

"What…" Serena blacked out as all of her energy left her body.

When she awoke again, her mother was leaning over her.

"Serena! You're awake." She sighed as her daughter sat up beside her.

"Mother…What happened?" The Queen shook her head, but Serena didn't understand.

"I'm sorry Serena, but it's going to be for the best."

"What? Mom, who were those people that saved us? And What about Queen Beryl and all those youmas?" Serena was hushed as her mother placed a finger on her lips.

"I'm sorry that it has to be like this Serena, but…" The queen stood up and faced her. "Goodbye, my dear daughter…there will be an enemy in the future that you must face, though not alone. The Saiyans will help you."

"Mom! I don't understand! What are you talking about?! What are Saiyans?! Mother!!" The queen picked up the crystal in her hands and closed her eyes.

"Goodbye, Serena," she whispered as a tear strolled down her fair cheek, and onto the crystal. Everything went white and silent as Serena fell unconscious. "Have a good new life, Serena. I believe in you."


END OF FLASHBACK


"…Serena," came a grief filled voice. Serena's eyes widened as she slowly turned to face Trunks.

He's crying…she swallowed as she unhurriedly made her way back ashore.

"I lost my father, and my best friend…my mothers in another dimension…and now I lost my other best friend…it's not fair. Why me...what did I do to deserve this?" his eyes were shut tightly and his fist were clenched and his arms trembling. It was obvious that he was holding everything back.

"…Trunks," Serena choked out, as she started sobbing as well. He looked up at her, but the tears still refused to come out. She turned to Darien and he gave her a small reassuring smile. Serena fell to her knees and grasped Trunks tightly. He struggled to get free, but she refused to let go. He finally gave up, but still refused to cry in front of her.

"Serena…I'm…"

"Shhh…we'll get them back, I promise," she paused. "Was that Goten that…saved me?" Trunks nodded, and she froze as a tear slid down her flushed cheeks. "Then everything's my fault…everything…I'm so sorry Trunks…I really am." She hugged him tighter.

"No Serena, it's not yours. It's Kakou's, and I'm going to get her if it's the last thing I do, I swear on my father's behalf. That bitch is going to pay for everything she did to me and my friends!!" Sailor Venus and Darien flinched. Serena understood his choice of words, though, and smiled softly.

"I'll help," was all she added. "I have a couple of debts to collect as well…and a brother to save." She gently let go off him and took him by the shoulders, and he peered into her saddened sky-blue eyes, then converted his eyes to the glowing mark on her forehead. He stepped back out of her grip and bowed slightly.

"Princess Serenity…" He tilted his head up to look into her eyes again. Serena nodded in appreciation as Trunks smiled and ran inside the house, leaving Darien, Sailor Venus, and herself to talk.

"Princess, do you remember the last day on the Moon Kingdom?"

"Sailor Venus, you can trust these people with your identity. I would like to find out to," Serena said.
"Alright," she untransformed. "My real name's Mina." Darien stepped up besides Serena.

"Let's talk about this over breakfast, with everyone," he smiled down at Serena.

"I'm glad you have learned to trust them."

"Not as glad as I am to see you okay. Trust me, Serena, I will protect you and help out as much as I possibly can…I may even start training with you." Serena frowned.

"…Vegeta…he still needs our help…and Goten…it's just not fair. Everyone who's trying to help me is getting hurt. I have to get him back."

"Trunks told me all about your training when you were sleeping. He said Goten was going to be revived using the dragonballs on Namek, and that Krillin and a green pointy-eared Namek called Piccolo went to get them." Serena smiled at the good news.

"Like I said, let's go talk it over during breakfast…you haven't really eaten in days." Serena nodded in agreement, as her stomach growled.

"Okay, but after I'm going to straight back to learning how to fly. Then Trunks and I are going to find Vegeta and set things right." She didn't know that Piccolo had commanded Trunks to kill his father if they went up against him, and to not go looking for him. But that wasn't going to stop Trunks from trying to get his father back to normal or from going after him. He wasn't planning on retreating either.