Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Return To Me ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I’m so excited. I finally got to see the entire series of Sailor Stars. It was really good, I didn’t even mind that it was all in Japanese and I had to read subtitles. But it did get me in the mood for working on my Sailor Moon fan fiction again. So here thus is Chapter Five.

blahblah -Mistress 9 to Hotaru telepathically

-blahblah- -Hotaru to Mistress 9 telepathically

Chapter Five

"Do you think something is wrong with Hotaru?" Michelle asked Amara while she painted on a canvas. The two were sitting in the sunroom of the home they shared with Hotaru and Trista.

"Why would you say that?" Amara replied. She relaxed in the comfy wicker chair, watching Michelle's movements as she created another seascape.

"She's seemed really tired lately." Michelle paused her painting and looked at Amara. "The last time she acted like this was years ago..." Michelle trailed off.

"You mean when she was a pawn for the Heartsnatchers." Amara continued. Michelle nodded. "That's impossible. All of that was cleared up back then." Amara stood up from the wicker chair. "All the work Hotaru's done in the past couple years has caught up with her and she needs a break. How many other people can say they got a top degree in science a year early?" Amara said, walking over to Michelle. She bent over slightly to wrap her arms around Michelle. Michelle leaned back in the embrace, relaxing in the comfort that radiated from Amara.

"I know I shouldn't worry so much. Especially since Hotaru's an adult now. It seems like not long ago we were taking in this sweet little girl after Dr. Tomoe passed and raising her as our own."

"And now she's a top scientist at Capsule Corp. and could very well become a partner." Amara finished. "Our little girl is all grown up." The telephone rang, breaking the moment. Amara straightened and went to answer it.

"Hello?" Amara greeted.

"Amara, its Bulma. Something happened to Hotaru."

"What?!"

"We found her in the lab unconscious on the floor." Bulma answered.

"We'll be there soon. Thank you." The phone was disconnected.

"What happened?" Michelle asked, worried.

"Hotaru passed out in the lab at Capsule Corp." Amara said. Michelle immediately stood and followed Amara out the door, leaving her paints and brushes where they were.

~Capsule Corp~

Amara and Michelle arrived at Capsule Corp and rushed to the infirmary. Bulma met them outside of it.

"What's wrong with her?" Michelle asked.

"Dad's in there with her right now. We ran chemical tests on her already to see if she came in contact with any harmful chemicals. The tests came back negative." Bulma lead Amara and Michelle into the room where Hotaru laid sleeping on a hospital bed with Dr. Briefs standing beside her. Michelle went to Hotaru's side and took hold of her hand. She brushed Hotaru's bangs out of her face.

"So, Dad?" Bulma questioned.

"No chemical reactions, no illnesses. The girl has simply exhausted herself too far." Dr. Briefs replied. "A week's vacation from the labs should do the trick. She can start it as soon as she wakes up."

"Thank you." Michelle said.

"No problem." Dr. Briefs smiled and left the room with Bulma.

"That's a relief." Amara commented, occupying the vacated space on Hotaru's other side.

"Yes." Michelle agreed. The door opened and they saw Trista walk in.

“Bulma called me.” Trista explained, coming to stand at Michelle’s side. “How is she?”

“She’s sleeping. Work finally caught up to her.” Michelle explained.

“That’s all the problem is?” Michelle nodded. “That’s good.” Trista breathed a sigh of relief. Trista glanced at the long window and saw a shadow looking into the room. She relaxed when she realized it was Vegeta. As soon as Trista spotted him, he moved away and the shadow disappeared. Trista focused her attention back to Hotaru when the bed shifted slightly.

“Hotaru?”

Hotaru slowly opened her eyes, blinking to focus. She looked around.

“Amara? Michelle? Trista? What happened?” Hotaru asked, rubbing her eyes.

“Bulma found you passed out in the lab and brought you here.” Michelle answered stroking Hotaru’s hand. “What happened in the lab?”

“Well…”

~Flashback~

Hotaru sighed sadly when the lights above her flickered. Whenever the lights flickered, it meant Vegeta had powered up the Gravity Room that Capsule Corp built for him to train in.

A week ago, Vegeta had overpowered with his training and nearly got himself killed in the explosion. Hotaru could still feel the panic in her heart when she desperately dug through the debris to Vegeta. He tried to push her away so he could continue training but fell unconscious.

When the lights flickered again, Hotaru turned off her burner and closed her notebook. She left the lab and made her way to the Gravity Room. Through the window, Hotaru watched Vegeta attack invisible opponents. He had torn all of his bandages off earlier. Hotaru took a deep breath and went to stand at the door. She pressed the button next to it that would shut off the power feed to the room and open the door.

"What the hell..." Vegeta started to yell but trailed off when he saw Hotaru standing in the doorway with her arms loosely crossed over her chest.

"Vegeta, please take a break. You're still injured." Hotaru looked pleadingly at Vegeta.

"No." Vegeta replied. "I must be stronger than Kakarot. Wasting my time will not achieve that."

"Vegeta, healing is not wasting time." Hotaru took a few steps into the room. "You're going to strain yourself too much."

"That is the only way I can get stronger."

"But it shouldn't be at the cost of your life." Hotaru said adamantly.

"That is the Saiyan way." Vegeta walked up to Hotaru. He placed his hands on her shoulders. He gently began to push her backwards.

"But..." Hotaru tried to stay but Vegeta was too strong. She quickly found herself standing outside the Gravity Room.

"If that boy was telling the truth, you won't get the chance to use your death magic before they kill you. Becoming a Super Saiyan is the only way to destroy them first. I won't ascend while sitting around for a few scrapes to heal." Vegeta made sure Hotaru was out of the doorway before he closed it and turned the gravity back on.

"But..." Hotaru disagreed quietly watching through the door window as Vegeta continued his training.

~End Flashback~

"Then I went back to the lab and started to get lightheaded. Next thing I knew I was here." Hotaru finished.

"I see." Michelle muttered.

"No matter what I do, I still can't reach Vegeta." Hotaru admitted sadly.

"I'm sure you will." Trista offered patting Hotaru on the knee. "The two of you were brought together again for a reason I'm sure."

"I hope you're right."

"Come on, let's get you home. Dr. Briefs is putting you on a week's vacation." Amara told Hotaru. "No arguments either." She added when Hotaru opened her mouth to protest.

Hotaru hmped in reply, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You rest here while we fetch some of your things from the lab." Michelle said leading Amara and Trista out of the room. Hotaru sighed and reclined back against the bed.

"I guess a vacation couldn't hurt." She said to herself.

You didn't tell them the truth.

-Go away!-

You left out with your story.

~Flashback~

Hotaru returned to her lab after Vegeta pushed her out of the Gravity Room. She looked around at her experiments and suddenly didn't feel like working on them right now. Hotaru walked over to the window in her lab and looked out. Her thoughts were still on Vegeta. He wasn't the same man she had fallen in love with in the Millennium but whenever she started to lose faith he'd do or say something that reminded Hotaru of what they shared over a thousand years ago.

Give up on him.

Hotaru felt herself drift back into that black area where she had found Mistress 9 the first time the evil being returned. She watched Mistress 9 step into the light from the shadows. She still used Hotaru's image as her own. There was little difference between them now aside from the black star that donned Mistress 9's forehead.

"Leave him be. The man has a sense of evil about him that I just admire." Mistress 9 taunted. "I just may let him live when I cover the world with silence. A man at my side would complete everything."

"It won't happen." Hotaru said forcefully.

"Please dear, I've controlled you once and I can do it again." Mistress 9 moved to stroke Hotaru's hair.

"I'm stronger now and my Sailor Scout senses have been awakened this time. You don't have a chance." Hotaru smacked the hand away, glaring hatefully.

"So feisty. A nice change from the dull I possessed last time." Mistress 9 smirked. "I've already found my way to controlling your body. You'll be gone soon and I'll kill all your friends in your body." Mistress 9 cackled evilly as Hotaru shivered at its familiarity. Mistress 9 then shot a wave of dark energy at Hotaru, making her collapse and lose consciousness.

~End Flashback~

You've never told them that I've returned. I see I'm already gaining more control over you to stop you from blabbing my existence from your friends.

-I will tell them. I've beaten your possession before.-

Yes. But that was because of the pink haired brat. She's not here anymore so there's no one to help you.

-Shut up!-

"Hotaru?"

Hotaru started when Michelle's voice was suddenly beside her. She didn't notice their return.

"Where were you?" Amara asked. Hotaru felt her shoulders shrug. She wasn't the one who made her body move.

"Well, we have your stuff so let's go home." Amara helped Hotaru out of the bed. She led Hotaru to the car and started the drive home. Hotaru leaned her head against the cool glass of the window. She could still feel the remnants of Mistress 9’s black magic.

-I will beat you this time. You won’t get me, Vegeta or anyone else.-

--There, Chapter 5 is done. I hope you liked it. Please leave a nice review. --