Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Wonders Never Die ❯ Chapter V ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Wonder's Never Die
By: Tsuki Doriimaa
Chapter Five

~oOo@oOo~




"YES!" Usagi ran from the classrooms door barely catching what the Sensei said the intended homework would be before she made her way down the hall, to her locker and outside into the fresh cool air and out of the muggy warm air of the school.

Taking a deep breath closing her eyes she exhaled, "AAH WONDERFUL!" Watching as all the students ran past her some accidentally brushing by her making her smile that she wasn't the only one in a rush to get away from the dreadful place.

Dreadful day, not place... Giving a mental reminder. Yes, the school was quite nice; the teachers were more patent with her here then they are at home and the atmosphere was light and joyous. She thought that might have something to do with the fact her school wasn't colored with the dull colors of gray and while like her last one was, it was more lighter yet brighter colors, pastel blue, white, violet and grays were the main colors one found, though there were others.

And the students! They were all nice and helpful. Sure there were a few bad apples in the crowd, but hey that was with everything, right? Smiling giving herself a small nod in agreeing she started for the small park a block from the school where she met up with Gohan every afternoon to get some studying done and play around at the same time.

She loved that! Gohan was a lenient teacher, if you played around and could answer his questions at the same time, then it was fine, but the moment you couldn't answer three in a row, you were 'grounded' to the bench, until he felt other wise.

Lost once more in her wonderings of what the others were doing she never heard the callings to her, never heard the pounding feet that were lost within' the masses that filed from the school, she only felt what seemed to be - and hurt - like someone punched her shoulder. "Hey! Stupid! I'm talkin' ta ya!"

Rubbing her injured shoulder she cursed under her breath, "Shimatta that hurt!"

Stupid? Snapping her head around glaring at the offending jerk she found the same kid that made her middle knot up angrily. "What?! Did you. Do that. For!?" Growling lowly as she used to with youma, "What's your malfunction man!?"

"Awww did the poor worrtle white dorkola git hurt?" he cooed back, eyes holding untold furry.

"No. I didn't." Eyes searching for a way out she suddenly wished Gohan met her on school grounds. "Look, what do you want?" Hands shaking she kept rubbing her shoulder hoping to conceal it.

"Nuttin' babe. I just wanna know one thang… and one thang onla."

"Hai?"

"Aye lookie 'ere boys! She's a Jap!" A few gruff looking guys behind him laughed making her frown deeply.

"What do you WANT!?"

Sobering up he glared at her, "Is it true yer stayin' at that stuck up jerks house?"

"Who?"

Just who is he callin' stuck up? She didn't know anyone that acted like that. But she was stayin' at Vegita's house… Ohhh…' It donned on her whom he was speaking of. Well he is quiet and barks out orders… acts like he's above anyone else… so she figured stuck up kinda looked the same.

"You know who."

"I'm sorry sir, but there are two men at that house, can you please be more specific?" Not letting on the truth 'til she knew what he was trying to get at, she was going to play the sweet innocent girl, which knew nothing; Basically, a dumb blonde.

"That asshole, Vegita! That's WHO!"

Taking an involuntary step back shocked she shook her head eyes narrowing. Who was he to talk about Vegita like that? Sure she couldn't say much for the guy, he was arrogant and full of him self, but no one should talk about someone like that if they didn't know him. She wasn't saying she knew him all that well, but he was like a guardian to her wither he realized it or not, she knew what he did for her when she was sick thanks to Bulma. And she wasn't about to let some no good baka yaro get away with bad mouthing him.

Usagi stepped forward, left hand clenched up, "Look you pompous jack ass!" Whoa! Where'd that come from!? Mentally laughing she glared at him, "You have no right to talk about Vegita-san like that!! You don't know him! You don't know what he's like so you've no right!" Boy did she sound like she knew it all there. Was that herself talking? She didn't have time to think about what was being said, there was an angry boy in front of her cracking his knuckles. That can't be good.

"Oh. And you do?" he sneered.

"Well… yes I do!"

"You're just as stuck up as he is!" Charging forward swinging one fist at her she jumped back unprepared for the attack.

"Hey! Come on now… stop!" She didn't know how to fight! She was a Senshi; they used magic not hand to hand! That was Makoto's deal! She only knew a little bit! "Lets talk about this!" stumbling back more.

Bringing his other fist back letting it fly into her stomach he smirked, "I think not!"

Usagi growled her eyes mere slits as a power ran through her veins. Bringing both of her fists to her sides facing upwards, she scarcely noticed that people were backing away from them. "Alright little man… THAT'S IT!" Leaping forward knocking the boy over in his stupidity time of shock, she let her fist fly hitting everything within her reach that he wasn't trying to cover.

His kicks, grunts, blocks and semi-returned punches didn't seem to faze her like he thought they would. Who the hell is this!? his mind screamed as another small fist connected with his right eye. "Get… off… of MEE!" mustering up all his remaining strength moving his arms and knees slowly beneath her as she shifted her weight he kicked and pushed upward successfully throwing her over his head into the dirt, making the onlookers back off further.

"Shit man! What the hell are you!" Quickly whipping the dirt from open wounds glaring at the small - now dangerous - girl before him.

An evilly grin crossed her features as hand lifted making clawing motions in the air, "Why? Ya scared sonny?" Her voice was lower then normal, sounding deadly to those around her. Where was the sunny bright girl they knew before?

"N-no I'm not! This isn't over yet!"

"GRR GET BACK HERE COWARD!" Running after him she found herself struggling to get free from an iron tight hold, "LEMME GO! LEMME GO!"

Easily holding her back Gohan stared in disbelief at the small girl he came to know over a month ago. What's wrong with her?! She's like a wild animal that's been kicked over and over again!

"USAGI! CALM DOWN NOW!"

"NO! LEMME GO! LEMME GO!" Taking deep breaths she started to settle but her struggles didn't.

"Calm. Down. Now!" he ordered. Growling met his ears but the struggling became less and less, 'til it was nonexistent. Looking down unsurely he found himself gazing into the normal silvery-sapphire orbs that were filled with anger he'd never seen before.

He didn't know what had happened to make her that way. All he knew was the once calm setting of the park was shattered with yelling's coming from the school. He had thought that one of the people sounded distantly like Usagi. Flying as fast as he dared go within the city, around so many people he got there in time to see the boy throw the first punch, then watched in awe as Usagi started getting a faint silver aura around her.

After watching her eyes transform, demeanor change and turn wild jumping on the poor boy beating the snot out of him, he though it best to wait for a break. When the other threw her over his shoulders Gohan couldn't help but flinch as he watched her hit the ground… Hard. Then bound back up like her namesake, madder then ever. That's when he decided to jump in.

Seeing her eyes settle some and her nod, he let her go watching while she collected her things. "Usagi… what happened?"

Usagi didn't look at him; instead she looked to the sky, "NIIIMMMBUUUSS!!" Calling for the little golden cloud, hopping on it once it swiftly descended not giving it time to stop before speeding out of Gohan's sight heading home; her blood still boiling.

She was pissed.
~ * ~


Jumping off the small cloud before it stopped like at school, she threw her bags towards the houses entrance storming over to where she knew Vegita would be. Rounding the corner she was surprised to notice that he wasn't in there, instead he was fighting someone else.

Goku? she remembered his name as being, the normally tall goofy man who played around almost as much as she did, now had the look of a warrior - not that he didn't always look like that - but now it was unmistakable with the way his face was scrunched in concentration with dried blood caked in one corner where she guessed, Vegita laid a good punch or kick.

There goes that plan… sighing in frustration she slammed her small hand into a tree regretting her action as a piece of bark fell off. "Aww shoot… gomen nasai…" bowing to the tree she walked over to what she thought would be a good spot for the 'side line' and watched every move she could.

An hour later Usagi was growing impatient. Feeling the need to vent her frustrations she picked up a medium sized rock, blindly chunking it into the air. There was a grunt, then suddenly the fighting stopped with Vegita glaring at her. "WHAT?!" she snapped not at all in the mood for being stared at whatever the reason.

Vegita grunted gave a curt nod to Goku with a sharp "Tomorrow" before leaving them be.

Usagi couldn't be happier as she walked over to the now grinning Goku, staring at him seriously.

"Hey Usagi! What's wrong?" taking notice of the girls more then serious glint in her eyes.

"Fight me."

"Huh?" he shook his head, had he heard her right? "Fight you?"

Usagi nodded curtly as Vegita had a second ago, "I want to learn how to fight. If you won't fight me at least let me-"

"Sure thing. Fire away." Having been through Gohan's growing up frustrations and attitude spurts he thought he knew what she wanted and soon found he was right as her dainty fist hit squarely into his palm, with just the right force for someone that never had any practice before.

Grateful that she was now able to vent her frustrations on someone - even more so - that the person was Goku, who seemed to know what she wanted to do before asking it. Keeping her onslaught going for an hour her hands and legs were hurting from all the kicks and punches she let loose. Bowing deeply she thanked Goku before turning to head inside pausing to hear Goku's advise about dipping her hands into cool water for a bit.

Cool water? Hmm… think I'll do with a lukewarm bath… knowing that choice might make her hands sting a little more she knew it would help calm her aching muscles, then to bed. Having lost any type of hunger she had after school, all she wanted now was sleep.

And with that thought she entered the house leaving Goku to fly home wondering just what had gotten the usually calm placid girl upset so much; he knew how to handle a boy when they were like that. Fighting with them was an easy and fast way to alleviate any left over anger, but this was a girl! You don't fight with girls! And she wanted to learn to fight above anything else! How do you teach a girl to fight? They're gentle creatures and in fighting you were anything but gentle. If she wanted to learn to fight, he didn't think - hoped - that he wouldn't be the one to do it. He wouldn't know where to start.
~ * @ * ~


The next day was progressing slowly as minutes felt like hours. One friend was still highly worried about the other as he stared at the class close not at all worried about the sensei's wrath as he absentmindedly answered on autopilot when asked a question. For once, he was grateful he studied two chapters ahead of the others.

Thirty minutes later the bell rang jolting the boy from his thoughts, throwing books into his bag before bolting from the room into the body filled hall searching for the unusual hairstyle. He wasn't let down when the twin balls appeared emerging from Science Lab 205.

"Usagi!" his taller frame helped to peer over the other students keeping his eyes on her head as he called out her name, not getting a response he started jugging for her. "USAGI! WAIT!" Still she didn't turn. Why is she ignoring me? Does she even hear me? Gohan wondered rationalizing that the volume in the hall was almost above yelling standards.

Either way he looked at it, she'd have to answer him one time or another. She couldn't get out of it considering they had English together for second period; which was the class they headed to now.

Slipping into the room sliding into his desk Gohan looked over at her digging through her book bag looking for something, her English book already placed on her desk. "Where is it? I know it's in here the little no good…" he heard her whisper to herself.

"Usagi?" he questioned.

Head snapping up quickly staring in front of her then to the side where he sat surprised, "Huh?" asking before turning back to her digging.

"You okay?" her eyebrow rose in silent question, "I mean about yesterday and all…? Whatcha diggin' for?" leaning over a bit more to get a better look.

Looking as curious as ever Usagi turned bright blue silvery speckled eyes towards him letting her confusion show though eyes and voice, "What happened yesterday that I wouldn't be okay Gohan?"

He almost fell into the isle from shock. She doesn't know!? Or is she just playing around? carefully using his right arm to pull back into a sitting position he eyed her carefully, but found no trace of other emotion besides confusion and curiousness in her aura. You couldn't change ones aura.

"Erm… never mind Usagi…. What were you lookin' for in there? Loose your pencil or something?" he asked resting his head in his right palm.

Gaining her usual hyper happy air about her, she flashed a brilliant smile shaking her head quickly exclaiming, "NOPE!" few seconds of digging she pulled out a small Ziploc bag full of colored things, "GUMI WORMS!"

A loud *THUMP* echoed around the still mostly empty room as Gohan's hand supporting his head gave out, letting it fall downward smacking the desk… hard.

Usagi watched him confusion once again shinning her in beautiful eyes before promptly popping a red-yellow worm into her mouth holding out the bag to him, "Ont un?"

Turning his head upwards glancing at her, Gohan was sure he looked as if he hadn't slept in days and had a good feeling that he was sporting a huge round red spot in the center of his head. "Umm… no thanks…"

Giggling she shrugged as others started filing into the room with threat for the second bell, "Sut yer elf!" slipping her book bag from the desktop making sure one notebook carefully concealed her sweets, she continued to savior the tanginess the present one held.

The school day went well after that Gohan was thankful. The only thing he couldn't understand was why she acted like nothing happened! All through the day that he had class with her she acted uneasy around the new boy, Rodger. While he in turn acted uneasy, if not a bit scared of her. He tried hiding it of course, but Gohan knew how to sense others feelings.

He couldn't piece it together and it was driving him nuts! Usagi acted uneasy around the boy; the boy was scared of her. So what he thought happened yesterday, DID happen. She just didn't seem to remember anything of it. For him though he couldn't figure out how she wouldn't remember something like that. It was intense!

But at lunch when sitting in their oak tree Usagi bluntly asked him why Rodger was acting 'strange' around her. Frankly… if you acted like that towards me yesterday, I'd be acting strange around you too! Gohan thought chuckling, knowing he could have easily taken her on without a problem.

"…walk around the city…"

"huh?" Shaking his head he turned towards Usagi as they headed home, him flying, her riding on Nimbus. "Sorry, what'd ya say?"

Staring at him as if he was stupid for not catching it the first time she smiled, "Silly pay attention! I said I was thinking about walking around the city. Ya know, get a feel for it so I won't to get lost later on."

The last part was almost a whisper but his Saiya-jin hearing picked up on it easily. "Good luck!" with that seeing the Briefs house coming into site he flew off for his own. He only escorted Usagi halfway home before heading to his own to do homework then spar with his father.
~ * ~


Three hours later found Vegita and Usagi walked down Shiro St. stopping at crosswalk waiting for all the traffic to slow to a stop, and then have the light tell them it was safe to cross. That was one thing that Usagi had to get used to when she first went walking on her own was the talking cross walks. She had passed two when walking from 'her' house to the other side of the small hill for a hover cab. They actually 'told' you when it was okay to walk! "Too neat… the others would flip at this!" she had said after she got over her shock of it.

Today was a nice sunny, light breeze, lazy kind of day, so she decided to go for a walk around, just to get herself more acquainted with the place. Granted she had been flying around on Nimbus for the last month, but now she just wanted stretch her legs and know where everything was. Certainly going around on a golden cloud drew people's attention. That was something she didn't need, after all, she had her family hairstyle to do that already.

As she walked from room to front door and out, she passed the gravity rooms outer entrance. On a whim of a thought she reached out touching the red pad not knowing what would happen without pressing any keys. She jumped back slightly startled as the door started sliding open hissing as the pressure was released from it emitting gray bellows of smoke from the inside that Vegita's training had literally, blown up.

Usagi shook her head at that and the opening of the door. She didn't know why it opened up for her, wasn't she supposed to press some keys first? She wasn't sure, but she was positive that keys being hit were something one was supposed to do before anything - like the door opening - was supposed to happen.

Shrugging she stepped through the door enough to peer inside watching as the dark shadowed figure flew around darting from one spot to another avoiding the robots shooting red beams of light at him. She cleared her throat and waited. Why was she going to ask him to come again? Ugh I don't know! But the guy needs to get out instead of training all day! That just can't be good for a person to do all the time!

"What" he grunted phasing out then back in at a different spot returning the droids blast with his ki, "…do you want onna?" he snapped.

Doing her equivalent of a deep growl stepping forward faintly, "Stop! Calling me that geez! Get a new vocabulary!" sighing she shook her head watching as everything started to clear from his ending assault, the pressure in the room dropping as the 'gravity' did also. That was something else that amazed her. The large room could easily go two thousand times Earth's gravity to give people a more efficient workout, making them stronger then they would ever be if they just practiced on their own outside.

"What do you want onna!?" Growling Vegita repeated his question pushing past her into the outside where the breeze blew cool over his hot sweating body.

Snapped out of her thoughts she blinked not seeing him before her any longer. Turning round she noticed him glaring at her waiting on his answer. "You sure are demanding for someone that doesn't talk a lot aren't you?" Ohhh go Usa! Trying to get yourself killed I see. A small voice in her head remarked. Why did she just say that? She knew what he's capable of, she heard Gohan warn her of it since the third day of school! Oh she was a baka indeed.

To Usaig's surprise he only slightly raised one brow at her. She fidgeted, "Well I was umm… kinda wonderin' if you'd… liketogoforawalkwithme?'CauseIdon'tknowmywayaroundhereandmightgetlost." Finishing her explanation in mere seconds now staring at the ground not wanting to meet his gaze for a reason she found odd, she just waited quietly.

A minute passed, then another with no word from the man before her. Deciding that it was now or never, she looked up questioningly. "Umm… Would ya like to?" Why was she nervous around him? Was it his imposing persona or dark aura or cold nature? She didn't know but it made her shiver.

Taking the time to slowly split up and sort out the jumble of words, which spilled forth from her rosy lips Vegita thought about her question. While it in itself wasn't a good idea, it wasn't necessarily a bad one either. On one hand he was ticked off about being pulled from his training, to be asked to walk - basically as a guide though it wasn't said - around with her. And on the other hand, it would give him the chance to be around her and try figuring our what it was about her that bothered him.

Something about her wasn't right; he was going to find out what, one way or another. This way seemed to be the right one. If not it at least gave him the opportunity to study the girl. He nodded before leaving her entering the house, only to exit again three minutes later dressed in semi-tight black jeans, black boots that looked like combat ones and a navy blue button up shirt that covered a black tank top which he wore tucked into his jeans. With a nod from him, she smiled brightly and led the way.

That was how the ended up being somewhere near the heart of the city, only Kami-sama knew how many miles from the house and waiting for the light to change. Glancing from the passing vehicles to the little crosswalk box and back again, she wondered what would happen this time. Last time, there were a few small beeps before it told them, "You may now proceed to cross the street" with the little green flashing guy.

Another time it had told them to "Cross the street now." She was beginning to think they were programmed with more then one phrase. Did people ever get tired of being told the same ones over and over again? Maybe that's why they're different! Wow I'm smart! Giggling she danced from foot to foot glancing at Vegita from the corner of her eye, watching as he glared at the cars passing them.

The sound of three beeps followed by, "It's now safe for pedestrian crossing, all other assholes stay there!" broke both from their thoughts snapping heads towards one another staring, one glaring.

"Did uh… you hear that Vegita-san?" her voice held hesitance to it. Did she really hear that? That crosswalk thingy couldn't of just said what she thought it said… could it?

"Hmph."

Two more beeps, "It's now safe for pedestrian crossing, all other assholes stay there!" it repeated again.

Usagi's lips curled upwards as her shoulders started to shake from laughter, "Does it uh…" few giggles escaped her "mean me or you?" He only raised a brow at her.

"I said MOVE IT!" the small box barked at them.

Usagi jumped up grabbed Vegita's well-muscled arm and ran.

Finally stopping two blocks down, making sure she was away from another talking box she burst out laughing ignoring the slight glare being given by Vegita. "That talkin' box sure does have an attitude!" shaking her head she started walking off again giggling every now and then thinking back to the box's words.

Vegita stared at the silvery-blonde haired girl walking in front of him confused. How could someone with such a small frame, build and, well being run dragging him along? Not that his legs weren't doing a fine job of keeping up with her after he got over the fact she pulled him the first ten foot as he got over being stumped.

He didn't know how she did it, or why her touch sent a small quiver of warmth shoot up his arm. Vegita wasn't letting her from his sight now. He needed to find out exactly what she was doing there and what she possessed.

Vegita had gotten a call from Goku who handed the phone to his brat that went on babbling about be careful not to anger her. Anger her? Like she'd ever be able to do anything to him, he wasn't a weakling like the other humans on the weak planet. But Goku's brat recounted what he saw of her 'fight' with some bully at school and he had to admit - glancing ahead at her now - his curiosity was brushed lightly.

He wanted to see exactly what she could do. The weakling, his mind reminded him watching her skip around a window front. When Gohan finished 'warning' him the phone fumbled back to Goku who said Usagi wanted to learn how to fight. He didn't explain further into it and Vegita didn't care in the first place. But did wonder why she wanted to even after what the other brat had said.

Was she friend or foe? Though if he laid one hand on her Bulma was sure to have a fit saying something like, "Such an innocent girl could never be evil baka! Leave her alone or I'll use Chichi's magic frying pan on your thick head!" He'd find out one way or another, and it would be out of that nosey onna's watching eye. Growling lowly crossing his arms, he followed her once more.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball Z! So stop sendin' the damn Fire Ants after me! Damn ::dances around shouting:: STOOOPP IT!!