Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Wonders Never Die ❯ Chapter IV ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Wonder's Never Die
By: Tsuki Doriimaa
Chapter Four

~oOo@oOo~




The weekend came and went as Tuesday morning rolled around bringing the suns golden morning rays streaming into Usagi's room making patterns across her face. "Ugh what time is it?" rolling over cracking an eye the clock read six am. "Awww man… I hate daylight savings…" groaning she turned over ducking her head back under the fluffy comforter.

Minute's later soft pounding came from her rooms door, rolling over once more she landed on the floor with a "umph" followed by muffled laughter from the culprit on the other side of her door. Listening to them snicker and walk off she stood up frowning the sheets sliding down her back landing on the cool flooring below. "Alright… this is a 'wonderful' way to start the day! Falling out of bed… getting up an hour after roosters call… ugh."

Twenty minutes later Usagi was clean hair shining and dressed in her best for school. She wasn't 'ready' for school, she was just dressed for it; plainly she'd rather not go if she didn't have to. But seeing as how Bulma wouldn't let her stay here other wise, and the fact that she is letting her stay there, sharing her house food and money with her, it was the least she could do. Maybe she could even manage to learn something from this experience. Wouldn't that blow the Senshi's mind if I actually learned and retained some of the mess they try teaching me? giggling she hopped down the stairs entering the kitchen sliding into a seat.

"Ohayo minna!"

"Hmph."

Trunks waved at her with a full mouth, "Oi Lady!"

"Morning Usagi-chan, ready for your first day at school?" Bulma smiled handing her a plate stacked high with pancakes.

Usagi dug in as soon as the plate touched the table surface making Bulma snap her hand back quickly. After a minute or two of savoring the taste she glanced up, "Honestly? Iie, not really, demo I'll go and try my best" chuckling nervously she added, "Though I can't promise anything."

She nodded, "That's all I ask is that you try your best."

Finishing her plate Usagi looked around the faces at the table. Vegita was still eating on his third plate, Trunks was quickly trying to finish his off while managing to smile and Bulma, well Bulma was sitting there watching all three of them a thoughtful look on her face as she let her sky blue gaze roam from person to person, before getting up to place her plate in the sink washing it.

Figuring it was getting close for her to be off for school Usagi stood up handing her own plate to Bulma knowing she should really wash it herself. Her sapphire eyes seemed to quietly exclaim 'I'm too nervous to do anything' while a weak smile pushed itself upon her lips. "That was yummy, arigatou!"

Bulma smiled knowingly, "Your welcome hun. Nervous?"

"heh It shows?" Bulma nodded causing her to shake her head sending silvery locks flying about. Giggling softly laying crossed arms over the counter leaning on it she nodded, "I don't know why I am really. I'm great at making new friends and everything! I guess, its just first day jitters or something." After a short pause she stood straight, "Urm Bulma, how am I getting there and uh where is it?"

"I talked to Gohan last night he said he'd fly over and pick you up so you both wouldn't be late."

Usagi stared at her wide-eyed, "FLY OVER? How is he going to FLY over?" shaking her silvery mane she whispered, "People can't fly… can they?"

Trunks who's sensitive hearing picked up the whispered question bobbed his head up and down though she couldn't see that being that she was faced away from him. "Yeah we can!"

"B-but how?"

"We use-"

"Hey where are y'all!?" shouting from the living room cut him off. "Bulma…" footsteps came closer. Usagi backed into Bulma on instinct for a reason she couldn't place. The vice didn't seem threatening at all, and she couldn't have anything to worry about if no one else was getting up… Right?

She heard Bulma giggle calling out, "In here hun!" seconds before a head popped around the corner grinning with a wave. "Hiya guys!" She noticed he looked somewhat like Vegita, but not like him at the same time. His hair wasn't as gravity defying as his and his face was less angler then his.

Definitely the same race though. She shook her head. How did she know they were a different race? Why didn't she just think they were really weird group of people?

Group? she wondered, Yeah, I'd say going to a new school is weirding me out… I'm even thinking there's different races on Earth… She knew that wasn't so though. They were all humans on Earth… if you didn't count the youma that decided to attack that the worst times possible.

"Hello Gohan!" Trunks greeted leaping from his seat to hug his best friend. "Can we spar after school again? Huh? Huh? Can we? Can we?"

Usagi laughed at his eagerness to spar with the other young man that appeared to be her age and a few inches taller. She'd admit he was kind of kawaii looking, but she had her Mamo-chan, ne? Giving a slight shrug she smiled at the newcomer that was to take her to the new school while she was here. "Konnichiwa" she bowed slightly to him from habit.

"Oh!" Bulma snapped from her giggles watching her son pester his best friend to practice later. "Son Gohan meet Tsukino Usagi. Usagi this is Trunks' best friend Gohan. He's Goku's son."

Usagi turned giving her a confused look but smiled to Gohan, "It's nice meeting your Gohan-san. I appreciate you showing me to school… though I still don't know how we're getting there…"

"The pleasures all mine Usagi, and please, just call me Gohan…" he gave the inherited Son smile, "Gohan-san makes me feel old" explaining laughing.

"Okies."

Trunks looked between them both then blurted out, "She can't fly."

"Huh?" was the intelligent reply from the older Saiyajin as he looked down to Trunks then Usagi and back, "She can't fly?"

She shook her head, "Nope, I can't… can you?" eyeing him wirily.

"Yup! Of course I can… Well I guess since she can't fly…" trailing off in thought for a moment he suddenly snapped his fingers. "There's two options. One you can let me fly you to school. Or, you can use Nimbus."

"What's a Nimbus?"

"It's a big-" Trunks started spreading his hands apart.

"Easier to see then to explain" Gohan finished smirking at the glaring kid.

Bulma edged into the conversation, "You've got an hour before school starts, it takes you thirty to get there and she has to see the headmaster before hand. So make it quick guys." Turning to her son, "Trunks you've gotta get going as well… the buss'll be by to pick you up soon and I've…" glancing at the clock her eyes widened "gotta get to work!" throwing down the hand towel not noticing it unceremoniously flew a head on course with Vegita's head, ran from the room to get ready before leaving.

Usagi watched in humor. She was fast, but not as fast as she was when late. She held pride in that fact. "Well… that was fast."

"Hey…" Gohan leaned closer to her and lower so Trunks could hear him well, "Lets go outside before" points to a seething Vegita "starts to rampage." Getting nods of agreement they left outside.

Usagi looked around noticing nothing different then before. "Sooo… what's a Nimbus?" asking the question no one yet answered.

"We told you it's a really big could that-"

"Trunks?" Gohan asked getting the small ones attention, "Just call it and show her."

"Oh fine!" Upset that he couldn't try describing the nice big fluffy cloud that gladly took him where he bid it. Turning his head to the sky he let his voice loose, "NIIIIMMBUUSSS!!"

Usagi was startled as the seemingly little one let out a loud mildly high-pitched scream. Startled further then a golden blur swooped from sky to ground stopping in front of them knocking her to her behind in under a few seconds. "Wha-what's that?" staring at the golden blur that turned out to be a moderately large cloud hovering before them all.

Gohan reached down taking her hand heaving her to her feet without trouble smiling that Son smile. "This" he waved to the cloud "is Nimbus."

"Wow…" warily reaching a hand out to brush it against the surface of it noticing if felt as soft as a spilt bottle of baby powder. "So is it just a cloud? How's it going to get me to school?" Her wonder wore off though she still stared at it, not bothering to look up when asking them her questions. It wasn't everyday that a cloud flew down from its brother and sisters to play among the mortals.

Trunks chuckled and let Gohan answer that question knowing the older boy could answer that one better then him. Besides peering around the two he noticed his ride coming over the hill down the way. "Well you two! My rides comin' so see ya laters!" with that he powered up enough to hover half way down the street.

They watched him float down the way, Usagi in awe as he went, "I wanna learn that trick!" turning sparkling silvery eyes to her newest friend, silently asking him the question.

Gohan watched her gazing into her silvery pools almost loosing himself in the depths of them wondering just who she was. Never in his sixteen years had he met someone as beautiful and small as her. Yet at the same time someone who had eyes that seemed to draw a person in as if they were searching the others self.

He shook his head tugging himself back from the orbs pulling powers. He knew in that instant she was different. He didn't know how, or why he thought she was, it was just a 'gut feeling' and over the years of fighting - he learned never to go against that feeling. The thing besides her eyes that captured his attention, was the fact that she had a low ki level, yet knew there was more hiding in there if she had the proper training. The only problem with that is none of us has ever trained a girl before! Where to start? How much could she take?

A waving pale peach hand in front of his face bolted him from his thoughts. Staggering back a little he blinked a few times, "Okay… about Nimbus…" picking up where he had originally left off as if nothing had happened. "Nimbus is a magical cloud given to my 'Tousan by Master Roshi. Only the purest of hearts can ride on it." He explained giving her an almost hard look for measure. His mind told him that she had a pure heart, there was nothing to worry about there, but still he had to be sure.

She nodded slowly not noticing the look he gave while her attention was firmly planted on the floating cloud at hand. "So if say like, a person controlling youma's came to sit or fly on it, he couldn't?" finishing her question she looked up at him with something akin to wonder in her eyes mixed with something else he couldn't place.

He nodded, "Hai, they'd just… fall through it, like there wasn't anything there at all."

"Can I?" Oh did she ever want to try this thing out! "How fast can she go?" giggling slightly knowing she sounded like the Senshi of Wind when she asked, but it was a question on her mind and while this might be a new place, she needed to know all she could. Oh Ami-chan would have a cow if she knew I wanted to learn about this place! Now going to school to do that… ugh that'll never change… she smiled goofily at that thought.

He nodded, "Sure, hop on up there kid."

Frowning at being called a kid, again, she gave a mighty leap soaring seven foot in the air before landing soundly bending her knees some to take in the impact before standing tall on the cloud. She laughed, "WOO HOO!!"

Lightly tapping her feet around the top of it, she was amazed that she could stand on it! It wasn't she was afraid that her heart wasn't pure enough, for she'd been told countless times - in both lives - that she had the purest heart anyone had ever seen. No it was amazement that the 'cloud' could hold itself together under her bodies weight for her to stand, even hop around on it. "COOL!! How's it go?" turning eager eyes to the boy beside her in question.

He shook his head wondering how he could doubt someone that looked like she did, not to have a pure heart? Baka, he thought watching as she tested out the stability of Nimbus. He tried not to laugh at the girl. Usagi reminded him of him self the first time he'd ridden on it, immediately wanting to know how it went about like that and how it held his weight up. After all he wasn't a light kid with all the muscle he had.

"Just think of a direction and go. If you lean more to one direction while thinking it, it'll speed up more. Though I'd advise you not to trying that yet, not until you've gotten a hang of riding on it." He chuckled, "It can be… quite a ride!"

Nodded she understood, Usagi plopped down on the soft cloud called Nimbus and thought about going forward, it went. Then backwards and side to side, it did all of those. Now how about… with that thought she shot into the sky like a rocket laughing all the way before thinking herself back down again. "This is FUN!" exclaiming happily to the other with that goofy smile of hers still on her face.

Gohan laughed again, "Hai, it seems as you've gotten it under control." He powered up slightly lifting from the ground hovering at eyes height with her, "Since you've learned that on your own, let's be off to school before we're late. You don't want Bulma knowing you were late on the first day…" he rolled his eyes as they started climbing in the sky heading westward. "And I don't want to hear Kaan's griping about why I was late either."

Usagi giggled nodding her head in understanding. She knew all to well how a parents' ranting on being late or bad grades could go. No, she'd try her best if she could to keep that from happening while she was here. Maybe she could learn something here and actually put it to use. Then go back home and shock everyone with that knowledge.

Home. Sighing she propped her head in her hands watching dimly as the land came and went submerged in her thoughts of what was happening there now. Were they worried about her? How long would she be here? And most importantly, where was here?

Once they reached the school Usagi hopped off of Nimbus watching as it flew off to who knew where while she turned to follow Gohan into the school now known as Black Forest High. It was huge! She thought it looked pretty big from the sky, then once descended on ground level and it didn't look that big at all. But once they got inside of the school, space seemed to bloom around them from nowhere! The floors and halls were wide, the ceiling very tall despite there being another floor or two up there… It was as if the school's outer shell was a defensive thing; make the kids think it's a nice small town school… them BLAM! You walk into a place that, had the walls not been in the middle mostly, would look like a small mall.

Hallways stretched off in four directions like two 'V's on either side of them, straight ahead of them was a door stating "Main Office" where she guessed they were heading now. Another set of doors stood on either side of the office a hundred yards down, she didn't know where those led to, yet.

"Come on, we've gotta get you checked in." Gohan's voice snapped her from surveying the new place, watching as people of all types ran to and fro scurrying to get from their lockers to class before the bells rung.
~ * @ * ~


"Like this?" Usagi asked sitting across from him legs folded in a Yoga style, book planted firmly atop them. Turning her page around so he could see it, a sigh passed through rose lips. It'd been three weeks since starting school and she still didn't understand the math they had her taking. Wasn't it Algebra II Ami-chan was taking our freshman year? I can't do this!

Sighing she twirled a strand of silvery hair between fingers, I mean this is an advanced class for Kami-sama's sake! I can't do advanced! Why, oh why did they stick me in here!? All I do is make the Sensei mad 'cause I don't get it. Maybe I'm doing the same to Gohan and he just doesn't say anything about it? Oh I don't know!

"Hmm well…" Gohan read over the paper nodding a few times to his self scribbling something down turn it around and handing it back. "You've got them right, but on these three you need to switch the X and Y's with the numbers." Slightly shaking his head, "I don't know how you messed those up when they're the same as the first eight."

Face turning a soft shade of pink she sweat dropped, "Erm bad luck?"

He chuckled, "Must be, I know you can't be that dumb - OWW HEY!" Gohan glared, "What was that for!?"

"I'm not dumb! I'm just umm… slow at times?" Hmphing Usagi crossed her arms over her chest, "And besides. I'm almost as smart as the others now." At his confused look she decided not to explain what she meant and was grateful when he didn't push her on it.

"Yeah, sure you are Grasshopper, now lets get on to the next subject so I can go spar with Tousan."

"Alright, alright, I know when I'm not wanted." Giggling she fringed a hurt look pulling out her English book waiting for him to start in on the chapters they were covering that week. One thing she liked a lot about having Gohan as her tutor was that, Usagi not only got better grades then she ever did in her time and got work done, but she would sometimes be a page or few ahead of the class depending on how much she understood, which for now, wasn't saying much.

The tutor session went on for an hour more when Gohan quickly packed all his books up, threw a quick "See ya!" over his shoulder and flew out the open balcony doors.

Usagi sighed, "I wish I could fly like that… that'd be so cool!" Moving from her place to the railing she leaned propping her head in her hands watching the colors change from day to early eve. It was only going on five o'clock and the sky was already a golden yellow slowly turning into orange.

Hey I know! Her head jerked up with the sudden thought, "NIMBUS!" Watching as the gold cloud she had gotten used to over the weeks descended from the sky she hopped on it mentally telling where she wanted to go.

Her destination? The sparing grounds of Goku and Gohan, to watch the fight and learn what she could, after all, some movements were too quick for her eyes to catch.
~ * ~


The next morning at school in her English class, second period a new boy walked in guided by an older looking woman with graying hair, she whispered something to the sensei and left the boy standing there. He was of medium height for anyone in her grade with messy black hair that looked as if it hadn't been combed in weeks. His clothes were almost nothing more then raged out torn and holed up old ones. Usagi decided he looked like someone she didn't want to mess with.

Hope he's not in any of my classes… she smirked, Then again I do have Gohan in three of them

"Class" the teachers baritone voice broke her from her musings, "This is Rodger Kaminski, he'll be joining the class from now on and hopefully not be leaving us… again." he shot a look to the new boy. One student in back by her raised his hand. "Yes?"

"Excuse me Sensei, but where has he been?" the particular boy Usagi remembered, was one for speaking his mind. He, as she recalled, was the first to question her about her odd style and color of hair.

"Why don't we let Kaminski-san answer that one." He turned the attention to the boy, "Kaminski-san?"

"SAC."

"For THREE weeks!? What'd you do!?" Another's shocked cry called out from somewhere in the class Usagi couldn't pin point.

"None. Of your. Business." With that the new boy took a seat one row in front of her.

"Alright now please turn your books to page 258 so we can begin the new lesson for today…" and thus the class went on for the next hour leaving Usagi with a not so good feeling churning in the pit of her tummy. There was something about that boy that sent chills down her spine, she couldn't recall of another time in her world where she'd felt the same feeling before. But now wasn't the time to worry on it, she had to pay attention, if not she'd be hearing about it when she got 'home'.

As the day progressed and lunch rolled around Usagi was quite happy to be out of the dreadful classrooms. No, it wasn't the teachers or even - shockingly - the work, it was the boy!

Rodger Kaminski somehow managed to be in four of her seven classes! But now, luckily he was nowhere in her sight. Usagi idly wondered if that was a good thing or not as she jumped into a large oak with the grace of a feline settling on one massive branch pulling out today's lunch that Bulma had packed for her.

A little over a month… she thought mindlessly munching on her sandwich, It's so quiet here… not like back home. Dropping her hands to her lap Usagi sighed, Home… wonder what's going on there? How the others are doing and my family… She wondered if Setsuna had used her garnet rod to cover her missing with some excuse like a school trip or something like that.

With as much time as she's spent in the new world she came to find herself in, with new family and friends, Usagi wondered how much time had passed in her world. She could remember the faint telling from Setsuna about how time had decency to pass slower or faster in different worlds. So is that what happens here or there? Another bite, Have I been missing there for days, weeks or… years? Could time ever pass that quickly?

"Hey girl!" branch shifting slightly with the new weight jarred her from thinking over it any longer, "Sorry I took so long! I couldn't get outta that class fast enough I'm tellin' you! The guys wouldn't leave me alone and then the girls… ugh… the girls are worse! No offence."

Laughing at Gohan Usagi shook her silvery mane. She couldn't help but like listening to his rants over how much the guys wanted him to join up in they're sports; and the girls that crowded around each chance they got to bug him with questions, flaunt themselves before him and try getting dates.

Yes, he certainly was the looker of the high school. Not that she'd go there, he'd come to be another guardian and brother to her. But that didn't stop her from noticing how cute he was.

Grinning, taking a larger bite from her sandwich, Usagi smiled around a full mouth, "Wuas tha maffer? Don ik gurls saying on youth?"

Tilting his dark head to the side watching her, trying to translate the Food Mouth Speak into English, he laughed. "No Grasshopper, I do not like them hanging around me. Well no, hanging around me is fine… hanging on me isn't." His face scrunched up as he watched her laugh then eat once more.

"Alright, I know that look. What's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong, Gohan, just thinking…"

Rolling his eyes he replied, "Right and I'm SSJ3… Now come on, what's wrong?"

"SSJ2?" Eyes holding nothing but total confusion looked up to him before her head shook it away. "Well… if you have to know… there's this boy-"

"Awww I see now…" He grinned.

"IIE! Not that kind of boy! BAKA!" whapping him on the head glaring a moment she looked over the schoolyard. "He's… different… odd… cold… ugh! I don't know… there's something about him that sends chills up and down my spine…" a shiver went through her despite the overly warm summer day.

Gohan nodded understandingly. He learned long ago if one had a strong feeling towards something else, they should heed it. Though in the rarest of times even the truly strong feelings could be wrong. "What do you think it is about him?"

"Hmm, I don't really know… the only other time I've felt this way was…" trailing off into thought, Usagi shook her head minutes later, "I'm not sure when really… I know I've felt like this before though… Something's not right about him, about the way he looks at me." Sighing taking a handful of chips having finished her sandwich, "Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing. I mean the kid has been in SAC for three weeks, so maybe that's just making me nervous." Or was it?

"I wouldn't worry too much over it girl. Keep an eye on him still, but don't act like it'd bothering you. It's just like with animals and sensing fear... If your afraid and facing an animal, they can sense it and would attack, if you show no fear, you have less chance of them attacking with more chance of them leaving you be longer."

Usagi nodded, "Alright, I'll try." The bell rang, "See ya bro time to fly!"

Jumping from her perch hitting solid ground she broke into a run for her next class. She wasn't in a rush to get there, but the fact that it happened to be on the other side of the campus had something to do with it. Stopping by her locker on the way there to throw in her lunch items, grab new books slamming the door Usagi was on her way and soon sliding to a stop before the door, entering as calmly as she could ignoring one person she sat in her desk waiting 'til her next classes, then finally when she could leave.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball Z! So stop sendin' the damn Fire Ants after me! Damn ::dances around shouting:: STOOOPP IT!!