Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Aria's Heart... THE PLAY... Sequel to Piccolo's Heart ❯ Act I; A New Adventure ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Saga II: Aria's Heart

Setup: Aria, Piccolo and Kim's daughter, has been sent to another dimension, by the Lord of Darkeness' evil henchman, Nexxus. Nexxus was the only one who could bring her back. Now it is up to Aria to return and defeat the Lord of Darkness. Can Aria survive in this strange dimension of magic and mayhem?

Rememeber (thinking)
#telepathic#
{action or expression}
~~Author's Note~~



Act I: A New Adventure!




Scene I: The Town of Perna

Aria walks into the town. She gets strange looks but no one approaches her. Aria has never seen a town like this… heck, she hasn't seen a town period but this wasn't what her parents described. The town had quaint little wooden houses and trees and a dirt road.

Aria: Excuse me, miss. {she walks over to a young woman wearing a brown dress}

Flowerlady: Would you like to buy a flower?

Aria: Where am I?

Flowerlady: You are in the town of Perna, of course.

Aria: So I am not dead?

Flowerlady: Of course not. But you do look beat up pretty bad. There is a temple down the road… they can heal you.

Aria: I'm fine… you wouldn't happen to know where Capsule Corporation is?

Flowerlady: Cap-sule C… I haven't heard of anything like that.

Aria: What am I going to do, now? {hangs her head}

Flowerlady: If you're lost, the inn down the road is a good place to find your way. By the way, what are you? Half-orc?

Aria: What?

Flowerlady: Well, I don't mean to be rude… but you do have green skin. You seem like a normal person but you have to be part something.

Aria: I'm part Namek.

Flowerlady: What's a Namek? ~~AN: Ultimate DBZ Line: King Cold asking "What's a Goku?"~~

Aria: Um… a green guy with antennae. {smiles sweetly} What's an orc?

Flowerlady: Oh you poor thing! Did you hit your head? Everyone knows what an orc is!

Aria: I must have. (My parents taught me everything. I have never heard of an orc, not even Dende mentioned an orc)

Flowerlady: I still say you should go to the temple but the inn is right over there. {points at the two-story building across the street}

Aria: Thank you. If I had some currency, I would give it to you.

Flowerlady: No problem, but be wary, people might not be as nice to you.

Aria: I understand. {walks over to the bar}

~~AN: This is where my story turns into a cross-over… I've been meaning to write one so here goes.~~

The inn is packed with normal looking humans. Aria made her way to the table, bumping into several people. She finally got to the desk.

Aria: Excuse me sir, I was wondering if you knew the way to Capsule Corporation.

Innkeep: First, the money than the info.

Aria: I'm sorry but I have no money.

Innkeep: Then get out.

Aria: Is there any other way?

Innkeep: {grins} Just what are you? You look sort of like a Chimera.

Aria: I'm half-Namek.

Innkeep: Are you up for entertaining?

Aria: Entertaining? Do you mean singing?

Innkeep: Sort of.

Aria: I guess I can do that.

Innkeep: Alright… follow me. {leads her to a back room}

The innkeeper hands her an outfit.

Innkeep: This should fit you. (And if it doesn't, all the better.)

Aria: Um, sir. This outfit seems to be missing pieces.

Innkeep: {holds the very revealing outfit up} This is how it goes on.

Aria: Alright. (They do have strange dress around here.)

Aria changes into the white outfit. It is like a swim-suit with the middle entirely cut out showing half her bosom. The back is low cut and reaches down to her buttocks.

Aria: Sir, I'm finished.

Innkeep: Good. (I couldn't have asked for a better woman. She'll be a hit with those fetish boys.)

Aria: I do not see the purpose in this.

Innkeep: More entertainment, my dear.

Aria: (I think I've made a mistake…)

The innkeep leads her out.

Innkeep: Well, I have a special girl here for your enjoyment tonight. She's new in town and a very sexy Chimera.

Aria: Just what are you doing? It sounds as if you are trying to sell me.

Innkeep: And she's a virgin.

Aria: Excuse me! {starts to walk away}

Innkeep: {grabs her arm} You'll never find what you're looking for.

Aria: I am not a whore. {pulls her arm free}

Randomguy: I'll pay 100 gold!

Otherguy: I'll give 1000 gold!

Guy-in-hood: She does not want to be bought.

Innkeep: Of course she wants to be bought!

Aria: Like hell.

Innkeep: {casts sleep spell on her}

Aria: What- happeni- {falls asleep}

Innkeep: Sold to you. {points to Otherguy}

Guy-in-hood: I will pay you 1100 gold.

Girl with red hair: You can't just use my gold like that!

Blondguy: He earned it too.

Red-head: {hits blondie} Who asked you jellyfish-brain?

Innkeep: Fine… 1100 gold it is.

The man in the beige hood walks over to Aria and picks her up. He carries her upstairs to his room after paying the innkeeper. He lays her down on the bed and casts a recovery spell on her. Aria wakes as the young man casts aside his hood. His face is covered in pebbles. He has light blue skin and lavender hair.

Aria: Who are you? I'm not sleeping with you!

Zelgadis: I am Zelgadis. There are two beds, in this room.

Aria: So… you aren't going to… hey you healed me!

Zelgadis: Yes, I did… I am a shaman.

Aria: What is a shaman?

Zelgadis: {looks at Aria strangely} Just who are you that you do not know what a shaman is?

Aria: My name is Aria…

Zelgadis: They said you were a Chimera…

Aria: I do not know what one is. But I am a half-Namek, half-human.

Zelgadis: Namek… what is a Namek?

Aria: {sits up and grasps the locket on her neck} Zelgadis, would you mind turning around a minute?

Zelgadis: {blushes} Why?

Aria: Please.

Zelgadis: {beet-red} Um, alright. {turns around}

Aria: {zaps a nightshirt on} Okay. Thanks.

Zelgadis: {turns back around} Where did you get that?

Aria: {shrugs} Zelgadis… were you parents different?

Zelgadis: {pulls up a chair} What do you mean?

Aria: Well you don't look human so… um…

Zelgadis: I am human… trapped in this hideous Chimera body.

Aria: Hideous… I wouldn't say that.

Zelgadis: What about you?

Aria: Are you saying I'm hideous?

Zelgadis: {sweat drop} No… I was wondering why you became a Chimera or how.

Aria: I was born like this. See… {opens her locket to show a picture of her mother and father holding her}

Zelgadis: Your family? {takes the locket into his hand}

Aria: Yes… and I'm looking for them.

Zelgadis: I have never seen anyone… so he is a Namek and your mother is human?

Aria: Yes. She loves him very much, even if he does have a temperament.

Zelgadis: {releases the locket} Where did you come from? And when did you get lost?

Aria: Alright… I was fighting this monster this morning.

Zelgadis: You fought a monster? {surprised} You don't even know what a shaman is.

Aria: Look… from what I can figure… this creep sent me to another planet or another dimension, because this certainly isn't the planet I grew up on.

Zelgadis: So…

Aria: I am guessing another dimension. My mother came from another dimension so it isn't unheard of.

Zelgadis: So is this your mother's dimension? (This is really hard to swallow.)

Aria: No… it can't be. Anyways, if it was, I'm sure Shenlong would have brought me back by now.

Zelgadis: Shenlong?

Aria: The eternal dragon. He brought my mother to meet my father and they fell in love. He grants wishes.

Zelgadis: Any wish? (My cure… finally.)

Aria: Within his power.

Zelgadis: This is complicated.

Aria: Tell me about it. The whole reason I'm here in the first place is some Lord of Darkness wanted me dead.

Zelgadis: Why?

Aria: Because I am the impossible child.

Zelgadis: {rubs his temple} Do I want to know?

Aria: Nameks are aliens who are normally asexual but my father evolved.

Zelgadis: You are too complicated.

Aria: What about you, Mr. I'm-made-of-stone? {poke him}

Zelgadis: The red priest Rezo turned me into this because I wished to be stronger.

Aria: Well it certainly does that… {giggles} If you help me find a way home, I can make that wish for you. I just hope he can make cross-dimensional wishes. Personally, I don't think you need it.

Zelgadis: You're a strange one… (She's not a monster… they have black blood)

Aria: Why did you buy me?

Zelgadis: I thought you were a Chimera and you might know where to find my cure.

Aria: Then why would I still be a Chimera?

Zelgadis: True.

Aria: So um… since I'm new to this place, you think you could be a guide for me?

Zelgadis: I will. Tomorrow, we can head to Pleites. There is a library there and maybe we can find something about dimensional travel. (I bet that fruitcake would know something.)

Aria: What fruitcake?

Zelgadis: Ummm… did I say that aloud?

Aria: (Oh shit… I get so used to nosing around people's heads I forget…) Um… yeah.

Zelgadis: Don't worry about him. I guess you should get some sleep.

Aria: I don't really sleep much but if you're tired.

Zelgadis: I am not… and if I was I am too curious about you.

Aria: {blushes} Well, my parents keep me under lock and key so I haven't had much of an exciting life.

Zelgadis: Well can anyone in your world cast magic? {demonstrates a light spell}

Aria: Dende, can heal… if that is what you mean.

Zelgadis: And Dende is?

Aria: He is the guardian of Earth. He is a Namek like my father… but Dende is the nicest guy.

Zelgadis: And your father isn't?

Aria: My father has had a hard life but when he met Gohan he found his heart… and when my mother came… he found his life. My father is like any father… there are times you like to be around him and then there are times you wish he'd just go away.

Zelgadis: What about your mother?

Aria: My mother… {smiles} My mother is amazing. The way she can tame my father… is remarkable. She is beautiful and brilliant. She's taught me everything outside of fighting where my uncle and my father teach me to fight.

Zelgadis: The Lord of Darkness?

Aria: Yes. My uncle is a fierce man who is mean to almost everyone. He isn't really my uncle… I just consider him my uncle. He is of another alien race but he looks human. He is the prince of the Saiyains, but my best friend's father is the only other pure-blood Saiyain alive.

Zelgadis: Your best friend?

Aria: My best friend… Goten… he is… {blushes} I do not know how to describe him. He sees me for me…

Zelgadis: Sounds like Lina and Gourry.

Aria: Um… Zelgadis… how old are you?

Zelgadis: What kind of question is that? I'm about twenty, or so.

Aria: I just turned eighteen.

Zelgadis: How old is Goten?

Aria: Ummm… he's like twenty-five.

A man appears. He has violet hair and wears black robes. He has a grin plastered on his face. He leans on his staff with his eyes closed and his head tilted.

Zelgadis: {groan} Xellos, what do you want?

Xellos: Now, now, Zelgadis… I am your room-mate.

Zelgadis: When did this happen?

Xellos: Since Lina and Gourry decided to share a room. {opens one violet eye}

Zelgadis: When did they decide that?

Xellos: When you bought the girl to warm your bed. {wags a finger at Zel}

Zelgadis: Just go away.

Xellos: Now, now, as a priest, I cannot allow you to stay with her alone.

Zelgadis: You are no priest, fruitcake.

Aria: Um… {scoots away from Xellos} Friend of yours?

Zelgadis: That monster? No.

Xellos: That hurts. {mocks a hurt expression and then turns cheery again} I'm the great mysterious priest Xellos. {grabs Aria's hand and kisses it}

Aria: I am the great touch-me-one-more-time and I will kick your ass. {yanks her hand away}

Xellos: Figures you'd pick a feisty one. {smiles, typical Xellos smile #188}

Zelgadis: Xellos, you wouldn't happen to know anything about dimensional travel, would you? {glares at the smug priest}

Xellos: Now why would you want to know that… {Zelgadis breathes a sigh of relief} anyways, That's a Secret! {Zelgadis face-faults}

Aria uses her instant transmission to come up behind Xellos and put him in a headlock.

Aria: You have no secrets, now.

Xellos: Of course I do… (Beastmaster will be pleased with this find) {disappears}

Aria: Dammit! Where did he go?

Zelgadis: Are you a monster?

Aria: {offended} Why would you call me that?

Zelgadis: You can teleport like Xellos.

Aria: Are you saying he is a monster?

Zelgadis: Yes, and a very powerful one. He is the trickster priest Xellos Metallium, servant to the Beastmaster Xellas Metallium.

Aria: {scratches her head} And those names are supposed to mean something?

Zelgadis: We should leave tonight. Xellos probably has an interest in making you a monster or something. We need to find you a way back to your dimension.

Aria: What about your friends?

Zelgadis: They know I have my own quest. I can't always be babysitting them.

Aria: (Is that how Goten is? Does he feel like a babysitter to me?) We could use all the help we can get.

Zelgadis: (I'm sick of them! I'm sick of searching for my cure! I just want to help someone without Lina and Gourry taking the credit to get money for food… I'm tired of watching them eat… I'm sick of the way… the way… they love each other.)

Aria: Um… let's just go. I'm sure we wouldn't want to disturb them anyway. (Remind me to stay out of people's thoughts. This guy always puts the weight of the world on him. I need to get home and find my parents… I hope they are alright.)







Scene II: Aria's Home

Piccolo paces back and forth frantically. He is worried to the point of insanity. Kim sleeps soundly but there is worry in her sleep.

Piccolo: I can't take it!

Kim: {bolts up} Picci-chan… calm down.

Piccolo: I'm sorry but I can't just sit here and do nothing.

Kim: We are waiting for her. She won't be gone for too long. You must trust in her. She will come back.

Piccolo: And if there is no way she can come back?

Kim: Don't say that!

Piccolo: Face the facts… she might never come back.

Kim: Shut up! {starts to cry} She will come back!

Nail: #Piccolo, for once, could you be an optimist. Pessimism isn't helping you, Aria or Kim.#

Piccolo: I'm sorry, Kim…. I'm just upset that's all. I'm sure she'll come back to us.

Kim: Piccolo, I don't want to lose her.

Piccolo: I know. I don't want that either.

Kim: Please, say she'll be okay… you'll always right.

Piccolo: She will return to us. She'll be alright. {sits on the bed and wraps his arms around Kim} I have the strangest feeling, she has made a friend in the other dimension. A friend who will help her to return to us.

NEXT: Zelgadis can't escape that easily.