Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Aria's Heart... THE PLAY... Sequel to Piccolo's Heart ❯ Act II: Trick or Treat? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Saga II: Aria's Heart

Setup: Aria, Piccolo and Kim's daughter, has been sent to another dimension, by the Lord of Darkeness' evil henchman, Nexxus. Nexxus was the only one who could bring her back. Now it is up to Aria to return and defeat the Lord of Darkness. Can Aria survive in this strange dimension of magic and mayhem?

Rememeber (thinking)
#telepathic#
{action or expression}
~~Author's Note~~



Act II: Trick or Treat?






Scene I: The Town of Perna: Sneaking out of the inn



Aria and Zelgadis leave the inn and the moon shines full overhead. Aria had already changed her clothing to something like Zelgadis' but black. Zelgadis is intrigued by her skill to change her clothing magically but has not delved into his curiosities. Zelgadis sneaks a glance at his new traveling companion. Her brown hair curtains the sides of pale green face. The most awkward feature is her antennae. But she has gentle human-like, brown eyes.

Aria: So we are heading to Pleites?

Zelgadis: Yes.

The fiery sorceress known as Lina Inverse stands in there path with her hands on her slim waist. The sorceress is petite in every way where Aria is tall, slender and busty. The sorceress has red hair and eyes that matches her personality. Next to her is a tired swordsman, who rubs his eyes. He has blond hair and is known as Gourry Gabriev.

Lina: And where do you think you are going?

Zelgadis: Lina… how did you know?

Lina: I always know when you are going to sneak away. This isn't the first time.

Gourry: Can we go back to sleep, now? {yawns}

Zelgadis: Bye, Lina… Gourry.

Lina: {grabs his cloak} Oh no. You aren't leaving. There must be treasure to be had.

Gourry: I think Zelgadis just wants to be alone with his new girlfriend.

Zelgadis: {sweat drops and blushes} Goodbye.

Lina: Oh no, you get all depressed without us.

Zelgadis: (I get all depressed with you.) {pulls his cloak from Lina} I said I would help Aria get home so it is none of your concern.

Aria: Zelgadis, I think they should come with us. I have a feeling it won't be easy.

Lina: See! See! She wants us to come.

Aria: Yes, I do.

Zelgadis: (Why?) Alright, we move, now.

Lina: I wonder where Xellos went…

Zelgadis: What? That monster told you we were leaving?

Gourry: What monster? {scratches head}

Aria: {smirks} (Gourry is as dense as Goku is…) {giggles}

Lina: Xellos, you moron! {hits him upside the head}

Aria: {giggles some more} (Not even Goten can make me laugh this much.)

Zelgadis: {smirks} (She seems happier… I guess it will be okay to travel with them.) Let's go. {begins to walk outside town}

Lina: Come on, jellyfish. {grabs Gourry's hand and pulls him along}

Aria: {follows behind, still giggling} You're back. {she whips around}

Xellos: Hi. {puts up one hand, smiling}

Others turn around.

Aria: What is it you want?

Xellos: {lowers his hand} I am just traveling with you.

Zelgadis: Oh no, you aren't!

Lina: Come on, Zel.

Aria: Would you like me to remove the menace? {forms a ki blast in her hand}

Lina: And what is a light spell going to do?

Aria: {smirks} I recommend you tell me where I can find my way home.

Xellos: A light spell does not harm.

Aria: Oh… it doesn't? {throws blast into a tree and it blows up}

Xellos: {sweat drops} That's a nice trick.

Zelgadis: How the hell?

Lina: Can you teach me that?!?! {hangs over Aria}

Xellos: We are traveling in the correct direction.

Aria: Where? (He knows something but I can't get in his head… do I really want to if I could?)

Xellos: (This girl is something else. I cannot wait to report this.) {disappears}

Aria: ARG! {stomps her foot} Bastard!

Xellos appears and pushes Zelgadis into Aria. Aria remarkably catches Zelgadis from falling. Xellos giggles and disappears.

Aria: {steadies Zel} That guy is creepy.

Zelgadis: What is creepy is your strength. I am made of stone, yet you do not struggle to hold me. {takes a step away, blushing profusely}

Aria: Why did Xellos do that anyways?

Lina: Monsters feed off the negative emotions of humans. So Xellos gives us a hard time so he can feed his hunger.

Gourry: He really likes to make Zelgadis mad.

Lina: Yeah, right, Zel?

Zelgadis: Yes. How did you know he was there? No one knows when he pops up.

Aria: I have powers, different to yours. I can control the energy around me and I can sense the energy around me. So when the energy is disturbed, I can sense what is disturbing it. Xellos has a dark energy about him.

Zelgadis: Maybe you should tell us about these powers of yours.

Aria: I cannot… Xellos is interested in them.

Lina: So am I! Teach me!

Gourry: But Lina, don't you have enough power?

Lina: {sparkly-eyes} I could always use more.

Aria: {giggles} You guys are funny… come on, Zelgadis, lead the way.

The gang gets on their way again. Zel and Aria walk step for step with Lina and Gourry dragging behind.

Zelgadis: Who is the Lord of Darkness?

Aria: I do not know. My parents just told me about him when his goon attacked. I'm sure Uncle kicked that goons behind. I just hope they are ok.

Zelgadis: I'm sure they are.

Aria: I thought I was dead, for sure. I wonder why Nexxus sent me here, instead of killing me.

Zelgadis: That is a good question.

Aria: Zelgadis, thank you for doing this. You have a good heart.

Zelgadis: I am known as a heartless swordsman.

Aria: Well, you aren't. You actually remind me of my father. Especially when you mope.

Zelgadis: What does your father have to mope about? He has a beautiful wife and daughter.

Aria: {blushes} I used to wonder that… but now I understand… he was always worried about me… he hated me fighting. He didn't want this life for me.

Zelgadis: What do you want?

Aria: I don't know.

Zelgadis: Ever since I was changed there was one thing I wanted and that was my cure…

Aria: You still want that, don't you?

Zelgadis: Yes, but now… I see it as a selfish purpose and to drag Lina and Gourry along is a hindrance to them and to me.

Aria: Well, to me, it looks like they want to be with you. They love you, Zelgadis.

Zelgadis: {blushes} I wouldn't say that.

Aria: Either one would give their life for yours. And I bet if they had to sacrifice their lives for your cure, they'd do it in an instance… just so you could be happy. And I know if you had a choice between them and your cure you would choose them. You are friends… I would do the same for Goten.

Zelgadis: You have just met us.

Aria: As I said, I have powers unlike yours. Maybe I can just tell things.

Zelgadis: (In the moonlight… stop this… you mustn't think about those things… you are on a quest.) Have you sensed Xellos, yet?

Aria: No… but there is something in the air. Something is not right.

Zelgadis: I sense that too… I think it is bandits.

Lina: {walks up to them} Ready Zel?

Zelgadis: {rests hand on sword and smirks} Of course.

Aria: (I think I'll stay back and watch this fight)

Several bandits jump out of the bushes. Aria backs up as Lina, Gourry and Zelgadis advance.

Lina: You guys have no clue who you're messing with. I am the great bandit-killer, Lina Inverse!

BanditLeader: We know who you are, we were sent to kill you.

Lina: Oh, geez, and you actually accepted. You must have a death wish. FIREBALL. {a fireball blasts half of the bandits to a char}

Aria: Interesting… drawing energy from a source and converting into your own. Very unique and handy.

Lina: Aria! Look out.

Aria: {elbows Xellos as he tries to grab her} I knew he was there.

Xellos: {clutches stomach} What power…

Aria: Why did you try to do that?

Xellos: Beastmaster wanted to meet you.

Aria: You are a creepy person.

Xellos: Says the girl with green skin. So, would you grant an audience?

Aria: How about… No.

Zelgadis and Gourry pick off the other bandits with their swords.

Xellos: Fair enough. {disappears after shoving Aria into Zelgadis}

Aria stops before hitting Zelgadis.

Aria: What is with that guy?

Zelgadis: No one knows. Are you alright?

Aria: Please… I can take care of myself.

Zelgadis: Xellos may seem like a fool, but he is clever and powerful.

Aria: He isn't as powerful as I am. {smirks} I know that for a fact.

Zelgadis: (I'm beginning to grow suspicious of her. She didn't even lift a finger yet.)

Aria: Come on. Xellos is sure to come back.

Lina: Right, but we're tired, you guys might be able to keep going without sleep but we're not part-demon.

Aria: Excuse me, but I'm not part demon either. My father may be considered a demon to some but he is not a demon.

Lina: Sorry. I just thought you-

Aria: You don't know anything! {curls up beneath a tree and covers her face with her hood}

Lina: What's with her?

Gourry: You hurt her feelings.

Lina: And how would you know? {whacks him upside the head} It's not like you can tell when you hurt my feelings.

Zelgadis: Just go to sleep, the both of you.

Lina and Gourry go to sleep.

Zelgadis: Aria… would you like to talk?

Aria: No.

Zelgadis accepts her answer and allows her to sleep. He knows how it feels to be called a demon… but Zel has accepted that. He considers himself the demon that he has been called on many occasions. Aria, on the other hand, has never been normal, never been human… and has never been accepted as part of society.

Zelgadis watches her sleep, the moonlight hitting her soft face. Her brown hair covering most of her face. Zelgadis settles next to her.

Xellos watches the display from a tree branch. He smiles.

Zelgadis: (You are so much like me. But you have a family… I don't. I don't have anyone who truly understands me.)

Aria: {having a nightmare about the Lord of Darkness} Goten…

Zelgadis: (I should have guessed. She is in love with her best friend.)

Xellos: Angelic, when she's asleep, nani?

Zelgadis: {looks up at Xellos} Stay away from her.

Xellos: I think I can see what you see in her. She is a gorgeous creature.

Zelgadis: I see nothing in her. Xellos, you stay away. I will not allow you to turn this pure girl into a monster.

Xellos: I have my orders, Zel-kun. {leans back on tree} But I don't have to follow them.

Zelgadis: You think I am going to believe you. Why did you put sleep spells on them and not me?

Xellos: I wanted to talk to you.

Zelgadis: Then speak.

Xellos: You love her.

Zelgadis: I just met her.

Xellos: Yet you two know much more about each other. Tell me about Aria.

Zelgadis: No.

Xellos: Oh, come on! It will be like a slumber party! And we're just gabbing about girls!

Zelgadis: (Do I… Have I fallen for her?) Xellos, if you are my friend like you claim to be. I ask you, as a friend, to leave her alone.

Xellos: {opens his eyes} Under one condition… you allow me to observe.

Zelgadis: Observe… no interfering?

Xellos: I will not touch her.

Zelgadis: Fine… are you going to help her to get back?

Xellos: No. But I'm sure you'll find the way where you're going.

Zelgadis: Xellos… you are a mazouku. You cannot feel positive emotions, like love, right?

Xellos: That is the rumor.

Zelgadis: Xellos! Can you fall in love?

Xellos: Love is such a vague word.

Zelgadis: Forget it.

Xellos: Debating your emotions… it is clear, you have some feeling for her. You offered to help her so quickly.

Zelgadis: Because of my cure.

Xellos: You think there is a cure in her dimension? You are going to go with her?

Zelgadis: I don't know. I just don't know anymore.

Xellos: If it is any consilation, I find myself attracted to her, too. She is fiery like Lina but she has the body like Nahga. She has a passion and zest to her that drew me to her. I found her when she first awakened in this world. Her aura drew me to her and her overwhelming sorrow.

Zelgadis: Sorrow?

Xellos: She thought she was dead and she worried for her parents and her friends. But there is a deep-rooted sorrow, as well. She wants to be normal… but she is proud of her heritage. She is in constant conflict with herself and her emotions.

Zelgadis: That must please you to no end.

Xellos: One would think… {closes eyes and frowns} but… it doesn't. And my orders don't please me either… and what I am going to do doesn't either. I must choose… and right now, I choose her.

Zelgadis: {shocked} Xellos… you choose Aria over Xellas?

Xellos: For now… she amuses me greatly.

Zelgadis: I don't understand you, Xellos, but I don't understand many things. But you certainly top the list.

Xellos: I get to observe… remember. Zel-kun, make sure everyone accepts me as a companion, especially Lady Aria. {disappears}

Zelgadis: (Why Xellos? What would possess you to fall in love? To disobey orders? And why Aria?)


NEXT: I seem to be weaving a complicated web of love… but one thing is clear… things can only get worse!