Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Never Look Back ❯ First Step ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter One - First Step

A heavy fist slammed into the earth; its force blowing dust in disintegrating spirals. Again and again, it slammed down, seeking to relieve its anguish through pain.

"I've had it!"

The voice, filled with anguish and frustration, rang clear in the night air, and the person collapsed on the ground. No longer was the dust springing from the ground, only small rocks littered the dusty earth.

"I've had it…"

The girl collapsed, no longer preoccupied with wounding the hard, rocky soil, but instead, tears dripped down from cerulean eyes to create tiny splashes on the brown foundation upon which the beautiful girl knelt. More and more tears came now, splashing down as if the very soul of the girl in question had been shaken, broken into irreparable pieces, and the pieces rained upon the earth in the form of shimmering crystal droplets.

She stood, determination marking every line on her face, her hands clenched so that bloody semicircles appeared on her palm, yet unheeded by the girl. Her eyes, formerly bright, vibrant, and carefree, were stripped of all those qualities. Instead, they held a haunted, hurt look, one that seemed foreign to the face of this young girl, but was echoed in every line and shadow in her face.

Narrowing her tormented eyes, she stood, her whole body shaking, speaking volumes of her fragility, but her eyes spoke of a deep strength, a inner strength that didn't match the tiny body which bore it. She stood, blonde hair swinging in the faintest of breezes, which brushed her hair aside, and seemed to lay bare those many empty spaces that littered her broken soul.

As she stood tall against the bleak landscape, she could already feel her determination faltering. Shaking her head, she forced it away. Right now, it would not do for that to happen. To reach the Outer Senshi…It was too crucial for her to be affected by this turn of events.

Her eyes flashing, as she furiously blinked back impending tears, her mind wandered to events that had happened only a short time ago. Her mind couldn't grasp how this chain of incidents could have occurred. It was impossible! She was dreaming? Or was she…

Gazing at the sky, dark clouds swirling ominously, she knew that it was no dream. This was her reality, one that she could not escape from, no matter how she tried. There was nothing she could do now, but to accept it and move on.

But first, she had something to do. Despite the fresh, unhealed wounds from some of her friends only a short while ago, she needed to inform the others, the people who she knew would never betray her. Unlike the Inner Senshi, she thought, emotional pain tingeing her every thought. Once again, she clenched her eyes shut. The memories were too fresh. She couldn't dig them up again without losing control again.

Instead, she pulled together every vestige of courage and strength from her body. She would need it. The house where the Outer Senshi lived, her destination, was on the other side of town, far away from the dank, lonely park that she had run to.

Stretching slightly, she winced, feeling all her muscles scream in protest at the movements. Glancing down at her hands, she noticed the tiny pieces of pebbles that were embedded under the skin, and the blood that seemed to flow like her tears. Yet these afflictions were ignored by the girl, as she knew it was not the time to show weakness, she needed to find a way to carry on, a way to surpass what was happening; but oh Kami, it was so hard.

Lifting her head, which seemed remarkably heavy at the moment, she narrowed her eyes, praying to whatever gods there were up there to give her strength, enough, at least, to reach help. Raising a leg, she soldiered forward, concentrating not on the ground before her, but simply staying upright, and keeping away the blackness that threatened to swallow her whole.

Walking seemed to be a horrible chore, each step taking every bit of strength she had. That encounter with the Inner Senshi had taken everything out of her, emotionally and physically. Now, she could only hope that the Outer Senshi would remain loyal to her, or else she would have nowhere left to turn.

She gave a groan as her right leg gave out, the bruised kneecap unable to stand the continued abuse. Buckling underneath her, the girl grabbed the nearest pole, a cold silver streetlamp, and pulled herself up. This time, she was positive that she needed to move faster, or she'd probably die out here, far away from the only remaining people who she had a chance of trusting herself to.

Drawing what she knew was the last bits of her strength; she pressed on. Only four more blocks, she thought. Biting her lower lip, she squinted, focusing her hardest to put one foot in front of the other, and pressing on.

An eternity seemed to have passed in seconds while she stumbled down the forlorn streets. Suddenly, she could make out a figure in front of her. Letting out a moan of pain, as well as relief that someone noticed her, she stumbled closer.

Her eyes were too blurred to make out facial features, but she faintly noted forest green hair that swirled around the person before she fell, unconscious, into the woman's arms.

~*~*~

Setsuna cursed the heavens as her battered princess fell into her arms with a tiny whimper. Holding Usagi up as best as she could, she walked back to the mansion where the Outer Senshi resided. She walked as fast as she could, for fear of further injuring the princess with any uneven, jolting steps caused by running.

Setsuna's garnet eyes narrowed, feeling that overwhelming feeling of protectiveness that only Haruka regularly displayed for the young Princess she cradled in her arms.

Feeling the quiver of heartbreaking sobs from the figure in her arms, and the slight moisture of the tears that slipped through her burden's golden hair, she held Usagi tighter, feeling her own heart breaking at the emotions that emanated from the broken girl.

"Oh Usagi-hime," she whispered to the being in her arms, "I am so sorry…I am so sorry…"

Murmuring the words like a mantra, the ageless senshi of Pluto pushed back her own feelings into the depths of her soul. She would have plenty of time for self-pity and loneliness later. Her hime needed her, and the duty she carried was higher than, greater than, anything else.

Sneaking a quick glance at the princess who now lay motionless in her arms, Setsuna minisculely tightened her hold on Usagi, noticing the looming figure of the mansion in which the Outer Senshi lived. Shivers replaced the sobs that had wracked Usagi's body just a few moments ago, and Setsuna cursed loudly as the symptoms of shock slammed into her princess full force.

Breaking into an all out sprint, Sailor Pluto tried to hold her princess as close as she could, then slammed her hand on the doorbell, nearly smashing it in her urgency.

Again and again, her hand, crimson with her princess' blood, slammed into the doorbell. Finally, what seemed like an eternity to the green-haired senshi, the door flung open, the tousled hair and weary eyes of Haruka peering out at her.

"What's the matter Set-chan…KUSO! KONEKO!"

In a matter of seconds, Haruka had woken up the other two occupants of the house, and relieved Setsuna of her precious burden. Laying Usagi on the large couch, the four Outer Senshi hurriedly grabbed various medical supplies in an attempt to heal their broken princess.

Hotaru transformed, the ribbons of light and colours fading as she banished her glaive and immediately set to work healing her princess. Haruka and Michiru waited nearby with extra clothes; hovering anxiously over Usagi, while Setsuna hurried to the kitchen to cook, as well as stay out of the way while the other Outer Senshi got the answers she knew they seeked.

Usagi opened her eyes, blinking rapidly, then squinting before focusing on three anxious faces hovering above her.

"Ugh…hmm? Where am I? Michiru-chan? Ruka-chan? Hota-chan? What are you doing here?"

The three Outer Senshi exchanged glances, before Hotaru finally spoke up.

"Well, actually, Setsuna-mama was the one who just jumped out of bed and ran out of the house at 11 pm, screaming something about how she was going to slice and dice the Inner Senshi, but none of us knew what she was talking about. She came back an hour later with you in her arms. But I think Haruka-papa, Michiru-mama, and myself are still confused as to what happened, Hime."

Usagi turned away, refusing to let her remaining loyal senshi see the tears that threatened to fall. Waiting a bit to collect herself, she noticed the pregnant silence that permeated the air. She knew that the Outer Senshi deserved an explanation, but then, Setsuna would most probably tell them later anyways. Still, they did need to know.

"It's a long story," Usagi started, tears shimmering in her cerulean eyes. "But you all have the right to know. Although Setsuna-chan probably knows what happened, I would feel better if I had her here," she finished, ending in a tone that was almost a whisper.

Michiru stood up with a nod, and walked to the kitchen with swift, silent steps. In seconds, she was back, with a small tray of soup and Setsuna in tow.

During those few seconds, Haruka had moved to sit beside Usagi on the couch, hugging the small blonde to give her what comfort she had. Sharing a worried look with both Michiru and Hotaru, Haruka glanced at her fragile Hime for a few seconds before glancing at Setsuna, who was as unreadable as ever. However, before she could start questioning Setsuna about the past events, Usagi, slowly sipping her soup, began her tale.

"I guess I should start from the beginning. I've always noticed that all of you have been uncomfortable around the Inner Senshi, and so I guess this shouldn't be too unexpected. This all started a week ago, when I found Mamoru with another woman…"

At this point, Usagi stopped, feeling her heart clench at the betrayal of the one who was supposed to be her soulmate. A glance around her gave her the feeling that any one of the Outer Senshi would willingly mutilate and annihilate the Prince of Earth. Taking a deep breath, she continued her tale.

"I tried to forget about it, but it just haunted my mind, filling all my waking moments…that is, until today."

"What happened today, Koneko-chan?" Haruka spoke up, anger still sparkling in her eyes.

Usagi looked at her, their eyes meeting for a second before she glanced down again.

"Today…I don't think any of you will believe what happened to me if I told you."

Michiru moved to kneel in front of her princess, her aquamarine eyes shining in worry.

"Usagi-hime, we'll all believe what you say. Please trust us. What happened today?"

Usagi bent her head down, struggling to hide her tears once again, before straightening up and, this time, staring blankly at the wall, as she traveled back to the events of the past few hours.

"I guess it all started after school. I had set my clock ahead an hour, so I got to school early. No one noticed, maybe because they were so used to me being late, or just because they didn't care. After school, I was headed to Rei-chan's temple for a study session with the…others. When I was just outside the gate, I realized that the rest of them were already there, and so I decided to sneak in and surprise them, since for once, I didn't have detention. However, once I got close enough to hear what they were saying, I realized that there were all talking about me. It seemed as though Rei-chan's jealousy had flared up, and the others agreed with her, saying that they had gotten tired of me, and everything that had to do with me. Finally, Ami-chan mentioned how Mamo-chan…Mamoru had hated my immaturity, like the rest of them, and moved on. And then, when I walked in, they didn't seem surprised to see me. In fact, they looked at me with this malicious…primal look."

Usagi paused, then started sobbing again, heart wrenching sobs that shook her tiny frame, as blonde hair cascaded loosely over her shoulders and face.

Setsuna, who was seated on the other side of Usagi at the moment, pulled her hime to her, holding her, as a mother would have.

"It's alright, Usagi-hime. We're here now; we won't let anyone hurt you any more."

Usagi gave the Senshi of Time a thankful smile, laced with sadness, before moving smoothly out of her embrace and continuing her tale of woe.

"Of course, I asked them what was going on, and if what they said was true, and they just smiled. Again…it was that smile that I thought I would never see on their faces. Instead, Minako-chan started laughing. It was a horrible laugh, one I would have never thought her capable of. Then, Mako-chan just moved in on me. And…she and Rei-chan starting hitting me…Ami-chan grabbed my hair, and spit in my face…and Minako-chan…Minako-chan screamed at me. They wouldn't stop. THEY WOULDN'T STOP!"

This time, Usagi collapsed into Setsuna's arms, tears flying uncontrollably, her fingers creating eight bloody crescent moons on her tiny palms. Setsuna patted the poor girl gently, cuddling her in her arms, and reassuring her of the fact that everything would turn out alright.

Haruka paced around, swearing loudly at the `bakayaro' Inner Senshi and the `Endymion-baka', whose actions had injured her princess so badly, both physically and emotionally. Predictably, the other Outer Senshi were not too far off from Haruka in their desire to injure their fellow senshi as well as Endymion.

Michiru stood, coming back with a cup of warm chocolate for Usagi, who whispered her thanks. Settling back down on the couch opposite of the Moon Princess, she waited for the girl to compose herself.

Usagi took a deep breath, and then looked up at Haruka, whose constant pacing was increasing in speed with each passing second. Giving the smallest of smiles at the unrest in which the Senshi of Winds was submerged in through her present situation, Usagi glanced around the room, at the four anxious faces awaiting her reaction.

"Usagi-hime, I do have a question," Hotaru spoke up timidly.

"Oh, sure! What is it?" Usagi asked, smiling at the shy Senshi of Destruction.

"Well…what about Chibi-Usa? Now that you and Mamoru-san have...discontinued your relationship, will she exist?" Hotaru asked anxiously.

Usagi's ocean blue eyes saddened, the glaze of tears once again sweeping over its blue expanse.

"I am very sorry, Hotaru, but for that, I truly don't know. Setsuna might, but all I know is, not even for her will I stand that hateful bakayaro of a man that I loathe to say I ever loved."

Hotaru bowed her head submissively, and replied, "I understand, Usagi-hime. This is your choice, after all." A few tears leaked from her violet eyes, splashing down on the glaive that lay across her lap.

Usagi noticed this; the sadness of the youngest senshi permeated the air around them. Taking a few staggering steps over to where Hotaru sat, she held out her arms, and pulled the willing Saturn into a hug.

Her own tears disappearing into Hotaru's black hair, Usagi could only whisper her own words of regret for the cotton candy-haired little girl and the friendship that she shared with the Senshi of death and rebirth.

"I'm so sorry, Hotaru-chan…I'm so sorry…"

The three older senshi grew quiet, until finally both Hotaru and Usagi regained their composure and returned to their seat.

Haruka, who had quit her pacing, now strode in front of her princess with an almost confused look on her face.

"Koneko-chan…so what do you plan to do now?"

Usagi pursed her lips, options and choices whirling through her head as she ran through them quickly. Suddenly, as though a light switched had been flipped, her face clouded, and her ocean blue eyes darkened. Gazing at the Senshi of time who still sat close to her, she whispered a question that plagued all of their minds.

"But what about Crystal Tokyo? If I don't marry Mamoru, what will happen to Crystal Tokyo?"

Setsuna gave a gentle smile laced with sadness. Even through the betrayal and heartbreak that had stricken her princess, all she could think about were the welfare of others.

"Crystal Tokyo will no longer exist. Destiny has already been changed, and there isn't anything that any of us can do about it. From now on, Usagi-hime, nothing will be as it has been predicted. You are free to pursue your own happiness."

Usagi gazed at Setsuna with worried eyes, her mind still absorbing what had just been said. As it finally sunk in, her eyes widened even further.

"So what does that mean?"

Michiru, who had sat by silently, now gave a smile as she walked over and put her hand on Usagi's shoulder.

"It means, Usagi-hime, that you are free to pursue what you want, to do what you want with your life. You, of all people, deserve to live life and find true happiness, as well as your true love. Mamoru is not your true love, but I know for a fact that in another dimension, your true soulmate lives. You'll know who it is once you meet him, I'm sure of it."

However, before Usagi could reply, Haruka approached her, practically shivering with excitement as she almost pounced on Usagi's lap.

Hotaru started giggled at the insane look in Haruka's eyes, her own violet eyes flashing with amusement.

"Don't tell me, Haruka-papa," she smiled, "you want revenge?"

Haruka glared at the small, giggling girl before turning to Usagi. Her eyes had that pleading look that was normally associated with whenever she felt the urge to bash the heads of any males who even glanced at her princess.

"Please…Koneko-chan? Please? Pretty please?"

Even Setsuna was laughing at the childish expression that filled the normally stoic senshi's face as she pleaded with the Moon Princess for permission.

"Aw…fine, Ruka-chan, you can all do what you want for revenge." But here, Usagi stopped, growing serious as she gave each of them a serious glare. "But no matter what you do, don't kill them. No one deserves to die, and…Ami-chan, Minako-chan, Rei-chan, and Mako-chan were all my best friends…once…For the sake of that, they don't deserve death."

The four Outer Senshi moved in front of Usagi as she sat on the couch, and each went down on one knee.

"It shall be as you say, Hime," they all whispered in unison.

Usagi smiled and nodded, then excused herself to a retreat back to the bedroom that she shared with Hotaru. As she climbed into the bed, immersed in her thoughts, the senshi of Saturn walked into the room, de-henshining and sitting beside Usagi on the bed.

"Usagi-hime, how are you holding up with all this?" she questioned, worry for her princess overcoming any sort of thirst for revenge she harboured against the Inner Senshi.

Usagi turned around and smiled at the girl, noticing the worry which clouded her pretty purple eyes.

"Don't worry, Hotaru-chan. Get some rest. Tomorrow will be a long day for all of us, and you'll need your strength to shove your glaive up Mamoru-san's ass," she ended with a giggle.

Convinced, and giggling from the mental picture that Usagi's words had displayed, Hotaru happily went to her bed, directly opposite of Usagi's inside the dim room.

Usagi sighed, and resigned herself to a night filled with nightmares. But tomorrow, tomorrow would bring a new day, a day in which she would set things right. She would show herself as well as her traitorous Inner Senshi and her former soulmate that she did have a backbone, and give them a taste of their own medicine.

She slept that night with a smile on her face, one tinged with that oh-so-human desire for revenge.

~*~*~

"Usagi-hime, wake up! Usagi-hime!" came a distant voice, one tinged with slight amusement as well as urgency.

"Mmm…5 more minutes!"

Usagi rolled over on the bed, clutching the covers on as she attempted to shy away from the penetrating light that wanted nothing more than to wrench her from her peaceful dreams.

Before Michiru could resume her attempts at waking up the sleeping blonde, a much taller one with short blonde hair blazed into the room in a burst of energy.

"Koneko-chan! Wake up! Come on! We have to go beat up the Inner Senshi now! Koneko-chan!"

Haruka was, as expected, hyper and happy with the day's tasks, with beating up the Inner Senshi and Mamoru at the top of the list. While the rest of the Outer Senshi were equally bloodthirsty in their desire to avenge their princess, none of them displayed the same amount of energy that Haruka did.

After Usagi had been duly awakened, had freshened, and prepared herself for the action-packed day, all of the house's occupants, excepting Setsuna, spread out around the living room to wait for the Senshi of Time, who would arrive shortly in order to transport them to the temple which had been the catalyst and centerpiece of every tragic event that Usagi had faced in the past few weeks.

For a few minutes, the atmosphere in the house of the Outer Senshi was tense with anticipation, mostly Haruka mumbling about how she would mutilate the Inner Senshi in the most torturous, painful way possible. Both Hotaru and Usagi were staring down at the floor, uncertain about how the day would progress. Michiru seemed to be the only cheerful one, flitting around fixing breakfast, as well as making sure that Usagi was recovered from the events of yesterday.

But Saturn's power of healing was unsurpassable, and the Moon Princess was fully healed from the physical wounds inflicted on her by her traitorous senshi.

Luckily, before the tension became stifling for the occupants of the room, Setsuna entered with her usual flourish, a shimmering portal from the Gates of Time.

Already transformed into Sailor Pluto, she nodded at her 3 fellow senshi, and then turned to where Usagi stood with a determined look in her eyes, and the Ginzhouchou clutched in one resolute hand.

"Usagi-hime, I have the portal to the temple open by the Gates of Time. We can leave at any time you wish."

Usagi let the smallest of smiles fall past her lips, as she turned to gaze at each of her four loyal senshi. Haruka, her most eager protector, stood there with an almost bloodthirsty look in her brown eyes, and looked posed to pull out her Space Sword for some good action.

Michiru, the ever-constant voice of reason, stood there with a calm smile on her face. However, in her dark blue eyes, there reflected the same animosity and eagerness that practically spilled from Haruka's very aura.

Hotaru stood there, resolution etched onto every line of her young features. Duty and death being all she knew, she constantly stood strong beside her princess, and she accepted no failure. Usagi could tell that Hotaru was bent on dealing out some painful punishment to the four Inner Senshi.

Setsuna, the mysterious guardian of the Gates of Time, stood there with a face and a gaze that was as impenetrable as always. However, her smile had a slight mischievous edge to it, one which rarely invaded the face of Pluto, but forewarned disastrous events stemming from her wrath.

Usagi's eyes didn't waver as she stepped forward, the three other Outer Senshi just a step behind her. Stepping up to the portal she gave a very un-Usagi-like smile and said,

"Let's do it."

~*~*~

Minako tapped her foot impatiently, as she waited for the two remaining Inner Senshi to arrive at the Shinto Temple in which they regularly met, all the way back when they discovered themselves to be Sailor Senshi.

Rei herself was still meditating in front of the Sacred Fire, hoping to gain guidance towards their next decisions regarding the Sailor Senshi.

Finally, the two other Inner Senshi, as well as Mamoru arrived at the temple. As the new leader of the Sailor Senshi, Rei had called on all of them to be present for the fire reading.

"Alright everyone," Rei spoke up, "Let's go to the fire room in order to begin the reading."

The others complied without reply, following Rei into the depths of the small, wooden temple.

Each of the Inner Senshi, as well as Mamoru, had a serious and deadly aura surrounding them, their eyes flinty and cold. This was something rarely, if ever, seen upon the countenances of these normally lively people.

~*~*~

Usagi and her four Outer Senshi strode into the realm of the Gates of Time, Setsuna's home. Setsuna took the lead, and led them down a long hall of pure marble.

Setsuna stopped at the end of the hallway. Turning around to face the other senshi and her princess, she nodded, and signaled for them to transform.

"Uranus planet power…make up!"

"Neptune planet power…make up!"

"Saturn planet power…make up!"

However, before Usagi could transform, she could feel the Ginzhouchou reacting, and when she summoned it, a wave of power washed over her, and her princess outfit shimmered into existence.

Usagi didn't have time to debate why the Ginzhouchou had reacted, before there was a blinding flash of light.

Once the light cleared, a swirling portal of silvery colours had appeared in front of the group, and, on the other side, a faint outline of the temple was visible.

At this development, Uranus charged through, eager to get her fists and Space Sword onto the ones she considered the greatest traitors. Saturn and Neptune weren't that far behind her, almost racing each other in their rush to reach the temple.

Pluto gave a little bow to Serenity, beckoning for her to go in front of her. With a gracious smile at the Senshi of Time, Serenity walked through the portal, and found herself face to face with the four Inner Senshi, as well as Mamoru.

"What are you doing here?" Rei hissed, her eyes focused only on Serenity. However, before she could approach the blonde girl, the four Outer Senshi moved in front of her.

"Don't even think about it," growled Haruka.

Minako roughly pushed Rei aside as she stood in the middle of the two groups. Gazing at the four who stood prepared to strike, and the lone girl in the white dress, she lifted her head arrogantly.

"What are you four doing here? What do you want? And, Tsukino-san, please leave; your very presence corrupts the air," she spat, venom lacing every word she said.

Minako could hear that shocked, hurt gasp escaping from the mouth of the Moon Princess, but she didn't care. All she cared about was hurting the one that she was beyond jealous of.

Jealousy didn't describe it anymore. It was a monster, consuming her, her wishes, her dreams, and her feelings. Just like the other Inner Senshi, her life had been consumed by her desire to make this perfect girl feel what she felt. Imperfection, hatred, frustration. The feelings bubbled within her, a dormant volcano bursting to erupt.

Ami walked up to face Serenity, an unfamiliarly cold look etched into her face and her navy eyes. Each step was determined, and an aura of hate seemed to spike out from her very soul.

"Bitch."

Ami's whisper carried every bit of the emotions that she had locked up ever since meeting the happy girl that she knew as Usagi.

Staring into Ami's navy eyes, Usagi saw nothing but hate, anger, and overwhelming jealousy. All strangers in Ami's indigo depths, yet they were there, prominent and threatening.

"Ami-chan…what happened to you?" Usagi whispered, shocked at what had transformed her best friend into this hateful person.

Ami didn't reply, but reared back, and slapped Usagi on the cheek.

"Usagi-hime!" cried Saturn. She leapt directly in front of Serenity, brandishing her glaive. If Ami made another move like that, it would be her last.

"Hotaru-chan, please stop. I need to know why they're doing this! Please…Ami-chan…why are you like this?"

Saturn stepped to the side hesitantly, but with her glaive still in an offensive position, ready to attack in a split-second.

However, it was Makoto that answered for Ami, who simply smirked and retreated back to stand with the three other Inner Senshi.

"Haven't you heard enough yet, Tsukino-san? Don't think we need a weak crybaby like you around anymore. If the Moon Princess is this weak, then she'll be insignificant, and unable to bring around Crystal Tokyo, or anything else. I think that Chibi-usa was right in her scorn."

Usagi flinched at the informal address, as well as the razor sharp words that Makoto had flung in her face. Lowering her head, she let a tear slip down her porcelain face. These were not the people she knew and loved. They couldn't act like that…could they?

Haruka was practically steaming at the words that issued from the mouths of the Inner Senshi, and from the looks of things, the other Outer Senshi were on edge too, hands clenching around their weapons.

"Traitors…" she began, the word laced throughout with contempt and anger. However, before she could continue, Hotaru, whose young rage had been blown to greater proportions with each word that the Inner Senshi spoke, interrupted her tirade.

"You are despicable!" Saturn screamed, "unworthy of the Princess' time and attention. I don't know why you are like this, turning into these…creatures…but this is unacceptable. I will gladly pound you to mincemeat for your betrayal!"

With the gauntlet thrown down, the four Outer Senshi stepped forwards, and readied themselves to attack, talismans at the ready.

Minako gave the angry Outer Senshi one last contemptuous glare, and then turned back to the Inner Senshi, who already had their transformation pens out.

"Transform!" she shouted, albeit unnecessarily.

"Mercury Crystal Power…make up!"

"Venus Crystal Power…make up!"

"Mars Crystal Power…make up!"

"Jupiter Crystal Power…make up!"

As soon as the ribbons and coloured lights faded, Uranus lunged for Jupiter, the closest senshi. No one got away with insulting her princess, her kitten, like that and lived to tell the tale.

The fight started with energy attacks, with both the Outer Senshi and the Inner Senshi summoning their attacks against each other.

"World Shaking!"

"Jupiter Oak Evolution!"

"Deep Submerge!"

"Mercury Aqua Rhapsody!"

"Venus Love and Beauty Shock!"

"Dead Scream."

"Mars Flame Sniper!"

As soon as the Outer Senshi launched their attacks, Saturn raced in front of them, calling upon her powers to protect them from the attacks of the Inner Senshi.

"Silence Wall!"

As she held up her glaive to block the attacks, which fizzled and disintegrated, Saturn cursed under her breath. She was so useless in this battle. Her only attack would destroy the planet, and that wouldn't exactly be a good idea.

Setsuna stood calmly in the middle of the temple court. The Inner Senshi had long ceased their energy attacks, as it was obvious from the start that Saturn's Silence wall as well as the greater power of the Outer Senshi' attacks made them no match for the Outer Senshi. Now, it was more of a catfight, with physical punching, kicking and all out hitting. Glancing at her opponent, Setsuna smirked at the tired Senshi of Mercury.

The blue-haired girl was exhausted after their short but brutal catfight. Obviously, Setsuna had won, if not for her height and strength advantage, then for her Time Key, which she had summoned and promptly banged Mercury over the head with.

Neptune held out her mirror, panting as she reflected another attack from Venus. The blonde senshi was stronger than she looked, and wielded her chain with great accuracy. While the two had briefly locked arms and fists, there seemed to be a mutual agreement that neither wanted to submit to that kind of physical fight. So instead, there they were, flinging balls and chains of energy at each other. With a grunt, Neptune dodged another flick of Venus' Love-Me chain, and knelt to prepare for her own attack.

"Deep Submerge!"

As expected, Venus dodged, and whipped her own attack in retaliation.

"Venus Love and Beauty Shock!"

However, due to Neptune's evasive movements, the attack missed by a mile.

Uranus ducked a flaming arrow from Mars, before leaping at her with her sword. Aiming for her head, Rei managed to duck at the last moment, and only got 6 inches of hair cut off.

Cursing under her breath, Rei summoned her power again.

"Mars Flame Sniper!"

This time, the flaming arrow singed the fringe of Uranus' fuku. Cursing loudly, Haruka summoned her own attack, charging as close as she could to the Senshi of fire before releasing it.

"World Shaking!"

The attack connected, and Mars was flung to the ground, cursing and swearing magnificently.

Jupiter stalked around Saturn, searching for a weakness that she could exploit. With a lightning quick movement, she leapt into the air, a smirk sweeping over her face.

"Jupiter Oak Evolution!"

Saturn barely had time to whip up her own defensive maneuver before Jupiter's lightning bolts got too close.

"Silence Wall!"

The second Jupiter's barrage was over, Saturn immediately lowered her glaive slightly, and then gave a quick slash to Makoto's upper arm. Makoto drew back and punched Saturn in the stomach.

When Hotaru doubled over, the wind knocked out of her, she noticed Jupiter summoning her powers, and preparing to attack her again.

"Jupiter Oak Evolution!"

Grimacing, she positioned her glaive, and quickly whispered out her own defensive maneuver before Jupiter's deadly lightning bolts could reach her.

"Silence Wall!"

Usagi stood there, watching her eight senshi fight amongst each other. Only pain. Only pain came out of this. There was no point to this fighting. No point at all. All that her senshi succeeded in doing was hurting each other and hurting themselves.

She could feel the anger, the frustration, the bloodthirsty desires that emanated from this battle, and it scared her. Usagi closed her eyes, debating on what her actions should be.

Her senshi, both Outer and Inner, were in front of her killing each other. She couldn't let that happen. Both for the sake of the Outer Senshi, as well as the memory of the Inner Senshi, she would have to end this.

Gazing at the battlefield, Usagi took note of the situation with her Senshi. It seemed that her Outer Senshi were taking the upper hand, and the only one of the Inner Senshi with any success was Venus. But that was to be expected. Even back in the Silver Millennium, Venus had always been the strongest of the Inner Senshi.

Taking a closer look at the big fight, Usagi winced at the growing injuries on both sides. She could feel the pain from the fighters; not the physical pain, but more of the emotional wrecks that they were becoming, all from this battle; this meaningless battle.

A single tear slipped from her eye. This was too much. She had let things go too far. She couldn't let her senshi hurt each other, especially not over her. No matter how far her Inner Senshi went in their desire to betray her, she still cherished the memories she shared with them. And for that, and that alone, she would not allow her loyal Outer Senshi to destroy them, no matter how hard the darker side of her cried out for revenge.

Casting a panicked look at the almost bloody battlefield, she knew in a second that it would be impossible for her to attempt to separate them.

Throwing herself into the fray would not accomplish anything besides getting herself injured as well, and that would only provide incentive for the Outer Senshi to step up their efforts and completely annihilate the Inner Senshi.

While she wouldn't mind injuring or even killing herself for her senshi, the action would be meaningless. That left only one other option.

Usagi held her hands out, and summoned the Ginzhouchou, the shining crystal whose immense power was equally matched by the blood shed by greedy hearts in search of it.

The shimmering crystal hovered in the air between her hands, emitting gentle, pure light towards the senshi.

Usagi narrowed her eyes, feeling the familiar energy of the Ginzhouchou coursing through her body. Feeling it seeking out her desires, she opened her mouth to speak.

"Ginzhouchou…Please…Stop the fighting! Heal my friends!"

While her words were garbled with frustration and urgency, the Ginzhouchou understood her wish, letting out a pulse of energy and light to heal Usagi herself before shooting out a blinding beam in the direction of the senshi.

Usagi braced herself for the normally dramatic effects that followed every use of the Ginzhouchou.

"Koneko-chan!" Uranus screamed, recognizing the bright glow of the Ginzhouchou, and what it signified.

Usagi didn't reply, only concentrated on channeling the healing power to those who needed it. She watched wounds heal; stitching up by themselves, blood disappearing, bruises fading, and energy flow back into weary limbs.

Finally, she allowed the energy to recede back to the Ginzhouchou, as she walked over to where her Senshi stood, fully healed and looking at her in surprise.

Both Michiru and Setsuna were shocked, staring at her with wide eyes, which were a rarity for both of the quiet senshi.

Usagi ignored the surprised looks from the Outer Senshi, as well as the pure hatred that emanated from the eyes of the Inner Senshi. Moving to stand in front of the Outer Senshi, she glared at each of them squarely in the eyes, making sure that her point was driven home loud and clear.

"Please…stop fighting. I don't want you all to kill yourselves over me. The only result of this will be further death and destruction. Haruka-chan…Michiru-chan…Hotaru-chan…Setsuna-chan…I forgive them. All I ask is that you let them go."

Setsuna gave a small smile to Usagi. The moon princess always had maturity that was far beyond others, one that rarely shone through, yet was overwhelming once it did. Willingly, she acceded to her princess' wishes, and stepped back beside her.

Haruka grumbled, but finally gave in to Usagi's will and walked back to her right side, opposite of Setsuna.

Both Hotaru and Michiru followed with little comment, except a look on their faces that marked how attuned they were to every move the Inner Senshi would make.

Usagi strode forward, determination marking her every step. With each stride, the Ginzhouchou seemed to glow even brighter, engulfing her in a wave of pure light, which slowly faded away to reveal Cosmos, the guardian of the universe.

"Inner Senshi, of the court of the Moon. Because of your betrayal, both to Princess Serenity, as well as the duty that has been entrusted to you, you will be punished."

Hotaru bowed in admiration in front of the beautiful girl in silver, her princess.

"Usagi-hime…I am at your command. You have reached your final, most powerful form. You have my total loyalty, respect, and friendship. What do you wish to sentence upon the Inner Senshi?"

Cosmos gave a gentle smile at her youngest senshi. She was grateful for the loyalty displayed by the Outer Senshi, guardians of her solar system.

Turning her gaze upon the Inner Senshi, Cosmos could feel her heart wrench at the defiance and disgust that still marked their faces. She could still remember all the better memories that they shared.

Yet, all that she could sense from them at the moment was what could be called the purest of hatred, a truly twisted oxymoron. Lowering her head, she gave up a moment, a silent moment in which she reflected upon the people they once were, and not the spiteful monsters they had become.

Mars, who had grown tired of waiting, snapped out, confused at the situation.

"What are you doing, you Odango Atama? Are you too scared to fight? I wouldn't be surprised! You've always been the worst fighter, the worst at EVERYTHING!"

Haruka lunged at the senshi of Mars, angered at the venomous words that she spat, and vowing to make her pay for the pain that she caused to her princess.

"World-"

A gentle motion from Sailor Cosmos cut off Haruka. Cosmos stared at her protective senshi with a sad smile, her hand held up in a motion of impediment.

Haruka snarled, and moved back, the energy attack dissipating from her hand.

"Koneko-chan…why do you not let me strike her?"

Cosmos turned towards Uranus, the sad smile still haunting the depths of her eyes.

"Ruka-chan, please do not act out of anger or frustration. It only clouds your judgment from the real truth. Any verdict passed upon the Inner Senshi must befit their actions."

Haruka bowed, acknowledging the truth Cosmos spoke, and her erroneous action.

"Of course, Koneko-chan. I will obey your every wish."

Cosmos' eyes softened for a mere moment as she gazed upon her loyal senshi, all of whom were now bowing in submission. Then, she lifted her head to face her betrayers.

Even now, all of the Inner Senshi, along with Mamoru, stood with defiant looks on their faces. Makoto, who had felt slighted at the cosmic senshi before her, stood up and gave Cosmos a dirty glare.

It was only received with a sad smile, even as Makoto charged up for an attack.

"Jupiter Oak Evolution!"

Cosmos raised her hand, and in a gentle silver glow, the attack disappeared into nothing. Taking advantage of Makoto's shocked state, she held out her hand, her staff appearing in the empty air.

"Princess Athena of Mercury, Princess Aphrodite of Venus, Princess Reia of Mars, and Princess Nike of Jupiter. Because of your traitorous betrayal of Princess Serenity of the Moon Kingdom, you are accused of high treason. Your sentence will be fairly adjusted in accordance of the severity of your actions. From this day on, your powers as a Senshi of her court are retracted, and you are no longer welcome in the Moon Kingdom. You will retain your titles, but only as memories of what could have been. From this moment on, Princess Haruka of Uranus, Princess Michiru of Neptune, Princess Hotaru of Saturn, and Princess Setsuna of Pluto will be protectors of Princess Serenity. You are now the people you once were, before your powers appeared to you."

Sadness seemed to consume her face as she then turned to Mamoru, whose emotionless façade betrayed none of his thoughts.

"Endymion, Prince of Earth. From this moment on, I decree that your authority over the peoples and kingdoms of earth be relinquished, and your power over the Golden Crystal be destroyed. From this day forward, you will remain as Chiba Mamoru, citizen of this present country, Japan, a normal human being in all aspects. And thus I have said, let it be."

Cosmos held out her staff, and concentrated, calling upon the power of the Ginzhouchou. Feeling out the links of the power of each of the Inner planets that branched out from the Ginzhouchou, she reached out and took them away, one by one.

First was Jupiter, then Mars, then Venus, then Mercury. The orbs of powerful energy drifted out of the bodies of each girl, before fading out of existence at the top of Cosmos' staff.

Cosmos could feel the power of each planet coming to her, and she let out a single tear for what her four former senshi had lost through their disloyal, jealous decisions.

Finally, the Golden Crystal itself appeared, and gave out one final flash before it too disappeared into the silvery white staff wielded by Cosmos.

Taking a deep breath, Sailor Cosmos turned to the Outer Senshi, who were all looking at her expectantly, albeit Setsuna, who had a mysterious, but expectant smile tracing her lips.

"Alright everyone. I think we're done here for the last time. Setsuna-chan, would you mind opening up a portal to the Gates of Time? I don't ever want to even glimpse these people again."

Mamoru stood up with a smirk. Seemingly unaffected by the loss of his powers as well as his destined lover, he walked off without a backwards glance. The former lover of the Moon Princess simply walked away from the temple grounds, and away from the life of one defiant girl, as well as her four remaining guardians.

Cosmos waited for Pluto to finish, before turning to face the four girls who continued to glare at her, hatred flaming in their eyes.

"Minako-chan, Rei-chan, Ami-chan, Mako-chan. Despite your betrayal, I will always cherish the friendship we shared, and the many memories. While this will probably be the last time I will ever see you, I wish you luck in the future."

Without a backward glance, Cosmos strode into the portal, disappearing in a mix of swirling colours. The four Outer Senshi cast a final dirty look at the four traitors before they also disappeared wordlessly into Pluto's portal.

~*~*~

In the empty realm of the Gates of Time, the four Outer Senshi stood alongside Sailor Cosmos, deep in discussion. While no visible disagreement was seen, the conversation appeared to be extremely serious in nature.

"Usagi-hime, what do you plan on doing now?" questioned Michiru.

Cosmos stood thoughtfully, lips pursed as she ran over her options.

"Usagi-hime," Setsuna spoke up, "if you wished, you could go to different dimensions, ones in which your help would be of the essence. Of course, you'll need further preparations, but that can wait til tomorrow."

"Why don't you stay with us one more night, Koneko-chan?" Haruka smiled.

Cosmos detransformed, Tsukino Usagi appearing where the silver warrior stood.

"I'd love to," Usagi replied, her face lighting up in a brilliant smile. A stay with the Outer Senshi in their mansion was always fun.

With a wave of Pluto's Time Key, all five of them were in the expansive living room of the Outer Senshi's mansion.

Haruka detransformed, then glanced at Usagi, whose body seemed to droop in exhaustion. Concern filled her voice as well as her face when she spoke up,

"Koneko-chan, maybe you should go to bed now. We can talk more tomorrow, but for now, you need your rest."

Usagi nodded at Haruka's presumption. She was a bit tired, and a bit of shuteye without her previous worries would do her good.

"Ok then, good night, everyone. I'll see you all in the morning!" Usagi gave a weary smile, then slowly made her way up the stairs, and to Hotaru's room. Just as she entered the violet room, she could hear rapid footfalls behind her.

Usagi turned to see Hotaru panting, screeching to a stop inches in front of her.

"Usa-hime, are you too tired for a little talk?"

Usagi smiled at the inquisitive senshi, who regarded her with curious eyes.

"No problem, Hota-chan. Let's settle down on the beds first, and then we'll have time to chat, ok?"

When they were both ready for bed, Hotaru brought up an issue that had been haunting not only her mind, but also the thoughts of the three older Outer Senshi who she lived with.

"Usa-hime, now that we've dealt with Mamoru as well as the Inner Senshi, what will you be doing? I know you want a new start, but how will that work?"

Usagi smiled at the innocence that backed such a question, one whose answer she had burned into her mind.

"Hota-chan, like Setsuna-chan said, Crystal Tokyo is no more. From now on, while I am still the Moon Princess, I will, you could put it, travel across different dimensions, and search for happiness, something that has eluded me all these years as Sailor Moon. Destiny is no more, so from now on; I will dedicate my life to helping others, as well as understanding who I really am. But one thing is for certain. No matter what happens, I will never look back at what happens, and live for the present, and not the past. I won't regret, but move on and become stronger, because happiness is at hand, and this time, I won't let it go."

Hotaru smiled; glad that her princess would finally have a chance to live life for herself.

"That's very good, Usagi-hime. I'm happy that you're finally free of the bonds of fate. But I'm really curious. What's going to be happening tomorrow? I heard Setsuna-mama mention something about other dimensions, but what are you intending to do? Are you leaving us?"

Hotaru's lower lip quivered slightly. She couldn't deny that she worried about her princess, the one who she had sworn to protect with her life, her last breath.

Usagi noticed this train of thought, and smiled gently at the protective instinct of the young girl, whose assumed duty was her highest priority.

"Don't worry, Hota-chan. I just need to get a fresh start, ne? A new beginning somewhere else. I'm so sorry that I have to leave to do this, but I know that in this dimension, it won't work. Neo-Queen Serenity may be my future self, but in other dimensions, she does not exist, I will still be Princess Serenity, from the Silver Millennium. But don't be afraid. Someday, I will return, if not for the rest of the senshi, then for you."

Hotaru was reassured, once again, by the calming aura that surrounded and flowed outwards from Usagi. Her princess. She was one of the most powerful beings in the universe. She would be able to take care of herself, right?

"Alright, Usagi-hime. I trust your judgment. But I think the hours grow late, and we should sleep now," Hotaru replied, laughter tinkling in her violet eyes.

"Of course, Hota-chan. Good night. I hope Haruka-chan isn't as crazy tomorrow morning," Usagi smiled.

With a mutual smile at the mental image of the morning's events, the moon princess and her guardian senshi slept, peaceful, knowing that a new beginning was at hand; change was throbbing in the hearts of every soul.

~*~*~

The sun shone brightly, shimmering in the air and breaking into a large, beautifully decorated living room in a mansion. Inside the room, 5 women sat, silence permeating the air, stifling in its intensity.

Usagi twiddled her fingers, not knowing how to break the ice and announce her plans for the future. Obviously, Setsuna would know what her intentions were. So why couldn't that blasted Time Guardian just speak up already? The silence, stillness would choke her!

Usagi narrowed her eyes at the Time Guardian, who had that annoyingly mysterious smile on her face again, and a twinkle in her eye, which was causing no end of annoyance to Usagi.

"Setsuna-chan! I love you and all, but if you don't start talking, I'll strangle you," Usagi said, sticking her tongue out at the green-haired woman.

Setsuna smiled, her smirk, as it almost was, growing more mysterious by the second. Knowing that her princess was getting more and more impatient, she decided to stop the torture she had imposed upon her.

"Alright, Haruka-chan, Michiru-chan, Hotaru-chan. I'd assume that Usagi wants me to tell you that she is planning on using the Ginzhouchou to transport herself to another dimension."

Haruka growled, leaning forwards to glare better at the moon princess, who was smiling nervously at her protectors.

"And why exactly would you want to do this, Koneko-chan? I mean, I think it would be much easier for all of us to keep an eye on you back in Tokyo, in THIS dimension."

Usagi gazed silently at her most overprotective senshi, all humour gone from her face. Her eyes had darkened to a deep sapphire, as she replied.

"Haruka-chan, you have my complete respect and trust. But I must tell you that staying here will do no good to either me, nor the rest of the world. As Setsuna-chan has already said, Crystal Tokyo no longer exists. There is nothing left for me here. I know that my powers may be much more useful in different dimensions, and now that I am no longer bound by Destiny or Fate, I wish to make the best of my life, and the powers that have been given to me by my mother."

A majestic aura seemed to grow around Usagi as she said the little speech, and Haruka felt humbled by the mature air of her princess.

"Of course, Usagi-hime. I am at your command," she said in response.

Usagi turned towards Setsuna after a happy smile at the senshi of Uranus, reassuring her of the trust she had in Haruka.

"Setsuna-chan, remember what I asked you yesterday? Would you give me some details and instructions about my new dimensional traveling?"

Setsuna stood up and started pacing, seemingly deep in thought, before she finally replied.

"Well, Usagi-hime. Since I know that your plans are to travel through the dimensions, I've created a copy of the Time Key for you. Actually, Queen Serenity did, and it will allow you to access the Hallway of Dimensions. I think you'll understand how to use it the second you call upon its power. Remember, you'll no longer be Sailor Moon, but in fact, you will be Cosmos. With the powers of every scout, it is definitely the most powerful form you have. You'll be able to call upon the Ginzhouchou, and I will be watching over you from the Gates of Time, along with the Outer Senshi, who will be behaving while they stand guard," Setsuna ended, glaring at Haruka in particular.

Haruka cringed and offered an apologetic grin at the glowering Senshi of Time. However, before an all out war could break out between the two powerful senshi, Usagi interrupted the line of fire.

"Setsuna-chan, but how will I know about the different dimensions that I'll travel to? I mean, I'll assume that not all of them speak Japanese, and that's the only language I can speak fluently besides Lunarian!"

Setsuna smiled at the worried look that consumed the porcelain face of her princess, whose emotions varied and changed as much as the weather.

"Don't worry, Usagi-hime. I've thought of that already," Setsuna started.

"When do you NOT think of everything?" Haruka grumbled.

Everyone else just laughed, with Hotaru giggling at the annoyed Senshi of the winds.

"Continue," Usagi said, after she regained her composure, a smile still lingering on her lips.

"Well, before I was so RUDELY interrupted," Setsuna said, with a meaningful glance at Haruka, who was still struggling to regain her composure, "I've also found a small computer, quite similar to what Mercury…Mizuno-san had, which will be useful in identifying and analyzing the different dimensions you come to. Again, it's all quite self-explanatory. I'm sure you'll find it easy to use. The computer will analyze the dimension for you and give you information on its inhabitants and other such things that you'll need in order to better understand where you are."

Setsuna pulled a small, silver rectangle out of her sub-space pocket, and handed it to Usagi.

Usagi marveled at the tiny computer, which she held in her hand, the mark of Cosmos as well as the moon on the top of it. With a tiny push on the crescent moon, the screen and the keyboard appeared, when the square separated itself into two parts.

The computer itself seemed to be small but powerful, with only a few simple buttons on the console. When Usagi pressed the `Analyze' button, there was a short whirring sound before information popped up.

"Dimension 2490 - Earth - Tokyo, Japan.

Protectors - Sailor Senshi, Princess Serenity of the Moon Kingdom

Future - Undetermined

Political Boundaries - Countries - Ruling government bodies

Current Location Information - Tokyo, located in the Northwest hemisphere of Earth.

Population - 15 million.

Current Inhabitants - Humans, Various un-sentient life forms.

Technology - Space Travel (limited), Wireless Communication, Atomic Weapons."

Usagi gasped at the beginnings of the computer's information, which had appeared seconds after she had pressed the `analyze' button.

"Wow, Setsuna-chan. This really is cool! It has so much information!"

Setsuna only smiled in reply, then smirked as she noticed Hotaru frantically trying to get a glimpse of the screen, albeit unsuccessfully.

Finally giving up, Hotaru returned to her seat, her violet eyes still trained on Usagi, who had just finished poring over her computer and had put it away in her own sub-space pocket.

"So when are you leaving?" Hotaru asked Usagi, noticing the lull in the conversation.

"I'll probably leave today, as soon as I get myself packed up," Usagi replied.

"How can we help?" Michiru asked, speaking up after a period of silence.

"Well, as soon as Setsuna-chan gives me that Time Key, I'll go home to gather my things and erase the memories of my friends and family, then come back to say goodbye," Usagi replied, making a not-so-subtle hint for the Senshi of Time to hurry up.

Smiling at her princess' impatience, Setsuna summoned the Time Key from her sub-pocket. While it had a faint resemblance to her Time Key, it was slightly smaller, and bright silver, with a small blue orb nested at the top. Handing it over to Usagi, she sat back on the couch, silently observing the look of wonder and satisfaction on Usagi's face.

"Oh Setsuna-chan! Thank you so much!" Usagi squealed, gazing at the beautiful key-shaped staff that she now wielded.

However, Michiru spoke up, a serious tone to her voice.

"Usagi-hime, you should go gather your things now. I believe that you should hurry before the five traitors reach your parents, and turn them against you."

Usagi nodded at the wisdom that Michiru spoke, and turned to Hotaru.

"Alright, I'll leave right now. Hotaru-chan, can you come with me? It'll be faster if I have some help. This should take fifteen minutes at the most."

Hotaru nodded, and moved to stand beside Usagi, who was walking quickly to the front door of the house.

"Usagi-hime, do you wish for me to transform?"

Usagi smiled at the little violet-eyed girl, and her inherent protective instinct over her.

"No, Hotaru-chan, but be wary. I have no clue what my former Inner Senshi nor my former lover will do, and it is always safe to be on guard."

"Right," Hotaru nodded, then quickly rushed to catch up with Usagi, who had already made her way out of the house.

~*~*~

Usagi stood outside, and then glanced at Hotaru, who had just come streaking out of the house, and come to a panting stop beside her.

"Hotaru-chan, I just realized that your house…The Outer Senshi' mansion, is on the other side of town from my house! It'll take us hours to walk or even run there!"

Hotaru smiled innocently up at the now frantic blonde.

"Why don't you transform to Cosmos then? If we both transform and teleport, wouldn't that be a lot faster?"

Usagi blushed at the wise words of the young girl.

"Um…Right…I suppose that that would work better."

Hotaru nodded, then a serious façade washed over her as she pulled out her transformation pen.

"Saturn Planet Power…Make up!"

Usagi summoned the Ginzhouchou, and concentrated on the power that she had felt only once before, the power that had enabled her to seal away Chaos, the power that had given her the name, Queen of the Stars.

The Ginzhouchou glowed, and covered her in silver ribbons, which slowly faded away to reveal Sailor Cosmos, Usagi's most powerful form.

Turning around to face Saturn, Cosmos waited for her to finish transforming so they could teleport.

"Ready, Saturn-chan?"

"Yes," Saturn replied, her glaive held securely in her hands, she gave a small smile at the shimmering silver senshi beside her, before she started gathering her energy for the teleport.

While normally, at least 5 scouts together were required to teleport, both Saturn and Cosmos had enough energy to teleport themselves on their own.

In seconds, the two senshi were inside Usagi's old room, their very air leaving the room aglow.

"Saturn-chan, just help me grab all those picture frames, and I'll put together my clothes. We better finish soon, so I can get to erasing the memories of my parents and friends."

Saturn obediently took the many frames that littered the entire pink room, all filled with pictures of a blonde girl and many others. Passing over a small one, she noted that Usagi appeared to be hugging Seiya, the senshi who had come from another galaxy only to fall head over heels in love with her princess.

Giving a sad sigh, she put away the pictures in the bag that Usagi had summoned, and waited for her princess to finish packing her clothes and other necessities.

"Saturn-chan! I'm done!" Cosmos panted, taking out a bulging black bag, then putting both her bag and Saturn's bag in her sub-space pocket.

"Finally!" Saturn sighed, glancing around the empty room. Cosmos had erased every trace of furniture, or the pink things that were her old trademark. Now, the room was cold, white and empty.

Cosmos glanced at Saturn with a smile, and then summoned her staff, upon which the powers of the eight planets, as well as the Ginzhouchou and Golden Crystal resided.

Holding it up, she closed her eyes, focusing…calling upon the power which was hers by birthright, hers alone to wield.

"Holy Ginzhouchou…I summon your power…Erase every memory of Usagi Tsukino from the residents of this planet and their records. Leave alone the memories of the four former Inner Senshi as well as Endymion, and the Outer Senshi."

The Ginzhouchou, pulsating at the top of the staff, flared out once, acknowledging Cosmos' plea. Then a beam of light shot out from the top of the staff, flaring outwards and dividing. The light faded away into a stream of silver sparkles as it left the room, and the glow faded as soon as the sparkles had reached their destination and accomplished their task.

"Alright, I'm done here, Saturn," Cosmos sighed, "I no longer exist."

Saturn easily caught the melancholy undertone in the voice of Sailor Cosmos, and quickly tried to change topics.

"I guess we should teleport back to where Setsuna-mama, Haruka-papa, and Michiru-mama are then," Hotaru said, forcing a smile on her face. It wouldn't do for her princess to leave in a mood like that.

Cosmos nodded, completely missing the thoughts that had just flashed across the Senshi of Death's face.

Again, she summoned her staff, and Saturn her glaive. As they concentrated their energy, an eight-pointed star and the mark of Saturn appeared on Cosmos' and Saturn's head respectively.

In seconds, the room, formerly filled with a brilliantly pure silver light, lay dark and dormant once more, except this time, it seemed all the more forlorn, its walls white and dismal, its contents gone…

~*~*~

Cosmos and Saturn appeared with a flash on the front lawn of the Outer Senshi' mansion, where the three remaining Outer Senshi waited patiently for them, also transformed, with sub-space pockets filled to the brim with baggage. They were all ready, and as soon as Cosmos stepped into view, the Outer senshi bowed on one knee, Saturn included.

Sighing at this usual response from her loyal senshi, Cosmos motioned for them to stand up, before summoning her Time Key from her sub-space pocket.

Her cool silver eyes met with each of her Outer Senshi's, cool brown, calm aquamarine, mysterious garnet, and a deep violet. They all conveyed the trust that the senshi shared in their princess, and Cosmos felt that sense of reassurance that she had never felt with the Inner Senshi.

"So it is here our paths part," Cosmos whispered, feeling sadness wash over her in waves.

Michiru stepped forward, a comforting smile on her face, "Usagi-hime, this is not a goodbye. All four of us will be watching from the Gates of time, and you will be able to call us at any time. You know that any of us would willingly give our lives for you, and no matter what happens, you have our complete support."

Cosmos smiled, feeling slightly reassured as the three other Outer Senshi nodded in agreement with Neptune's words.

"Alright, Koneko-chan! You have a chance to be happy! So go out! And prove those traitors wrong. We all wish you happiness," Haruka finished, her eyes softening as she gazed upon the mighty warrior her princess had become.

Cosmos beamed, twirling her silver Time Key around as she looked, one last time, at her loyal senshi. She would rely upon this memory to pull her through days to come, and she knew it.

"Will you all be going to the Gates of Time now?" Cosmos inquired softly.

Pluto nodded, her own Time Key held at the ready. The other senshi formed a circle, and then glanced at Cosmos.

"I suppose I'll see you later then, Usagi-hime," Hotaru smiled, before banishing her glaive.

"Koneko-chan, we'll be watching over you," Haruka smirked, and then held hands with Hotaru and Michiru.

"Take care, Usagi-hime," Michiru smiled, her eyes twinkling as she faced Cosmos.

Setsuna merely nodded, her eyes soft with emotion, before the four turned to face each other in their circle.

"Uranus Planet Power!"

"Neptune Planet Power!"

"Saturn Planet Power!"

"Pluto Planet Power!"

"Sailor Teleport!"

In a flash of light, Cosmos stood by herself next to the empty mansion. With a faint smile, she held up the Time Key to the heavens. It was finally time for her to begin a new life. This was definitely something she had looked forward to for the longest time, but she had to admit to a feeling of nervousness.

Cosmos knew that it was not the time for second thoughts or regrets. `Look to tomorrow,' she reprimanded herself, 'Don't mind the past, look to tomorrow.'

"Chronos, father of Pluto, God of Time! I order you to allow me passage to the Hallway of Dimensions!"

The orb on top of the Time Key let out a flashing response before enveloping Cosmos in ribbons of silver light. Once again, when the light faded, there was no sign of the silver warrior.

~*~*~

The four Outer Senshi appeared in the empty realm of the Gates of Time, transformed into their senshi forms. In a flash of colours and ribbons, the four Outer Senshi reverted back to their civilian forms, and with that, a huge mountain of luggage appeared in the vast, empty realm.

Setsuna sweatdropped at the amount of baggage that her three fellow Senshi had brought with them, but ignored it as she turned to the three people in question, who were grinning sheepishly.

"I thought I told you to pack lightly!" the senshi of time groaned, before leading them to a small set of rooms where she primarily spent her time, a safe distance within the realm of the Gates of Time.

After the luggage had been duly placed and moved around to perfection, the four women sat in front of a mirror Setsuna had conjured and settled down, pulling out popcorn.

"So, Setsuna-chan," Haruka started, "We get to sit here for HOW long?"

Setsuna smiled, and then replied, "Until our Princess summons us for help. Otherwise, you can eat popcorn to your heart's content here, and observe what she does."

Michiru gave a small smile before whacking Haruka in the head, "And don't think about scaring off every male she comes within 3 feet of. If you do that, I think Usagi-hime won't exactly be pleased."

"Fine, fine," Haruka grumbled, pouting as she plopped down between Michiru and Hotaru, who was staring with rapt attention at the mirror, surface rippling, revealing Cosmos who stood tall and proud, holding up the Time Key.

~*~*~

Cosmos could feel the pull from the Time Key as it yanked her through a portal, through time, space, and through a tunnel of colours, indescribable ones, a eerily beautiful swirl which spun her in dizzying circles, until she finally came to a stop in a great hallway, one which seemed to go on forever, with doors lining every inch of the wall.

Lowering the Time Key, Cosmos gazed around in unabashed awe. This was the fabled Hallway of the Dimensions, in which only Setsuna, Chronos, and now she had permission to enter.

The Hallway itself had an air of majesty to it, and Cosmos felt intimidated by the emptiness that filled its infinite length.

Looking closer at each door, Cosmos realized that once she touched it, a mirror would materialize, and allow her to see the contents of each Dimension, as well as the populace, in order to help her decide on where to go.

Moving slowly down the hallway, she noticed a door that appeared fancy but old, with both wooden and real leaves curving up its frame. While the wood was worn, its beauty still remained. An aged beauty perhaps, but still something that took your breath away when you set eyes upon it.

Cosmos slowly approached the door, and laid her hand on it. Instantly, a shimmering silver surface appeared on top, and Cosmos stood, mesmerized by the Dimension she was looking at.

Dimension 2930 was an exotic place called Middle Earth by its inhabitants, who were Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Hobbits, and other far-off creatures.

Cosmos gasped in wonder as she observed the daily workings of this unique world, as well as its dark and tragic history.

Time seemed to slow to a stop as she observed the One Ring's formation and trail of destruction, traveling through the hands of Sauron, Bilbo Baggins, and finally, watched as it was placed in the center of a council of creatures in a place known as Rivendell, and finally, the formation of a group known as the Fellowship of the Ring.

"Most definitely interesting," Cosmos murmured, noting how the group had such a wide variety of people, as well as a bond that held them all together despite their differences.

"I'll definitely consider it," she whispered, as she moved away from the door, and to another one.

This door was bright pink, with hints of gold. Strange rectangles meant to resemble cards were carved on it, each with mythical creatures carved into them.

Cosmos ran her hands over the designs, amazed by their complexity. As per the rules of the Hallway of Dimensions, a shimmery silver surface shot over top of the door, and revealed a very angry brunette running after a black-haired boy with a pink rod.

"Sakura? Sakura and Syaoran…Dimension 3845…" Cosmos muttered, "Oh terrific. Youma and mystical cards. All I ever wanted in a nice vacation." The sarcasm in her voice echoed in the bright hallway, as Cosmos removed her hand. The scene faded from view as she walked back to the last door.

"Well, I certainly don't want to go to that door!" she exclaimed of the previous pink abomination, and faced the old, medieval-type door which she had first gazed into.

Cosmos had to admit that it just about hypnotized her. The very feel of the door, as well as the brief flash she had seen of the world, had convinced her that she would most certainly make a lot of friends and have a good time.

Pulling out the small computer that Setsuna had so nicely given to her, she pressed the crescent moon, which summoned forwards the silvery screen.

Cosmos aimed the computer at the wooden gate, and heard a small beeping noise as it computed the Dimension she had inputted.

In a second, text began flashing on the screen, as well as a few small files which were filled with pictures of `Middle Earth's inhabitants.

Cosmos briefly scanned over the text, and then looked through the pictures that were provided for her. Dimension 2930 appeared to be quite similar to this earth, and while the inhabitants appeared to be extremely varied, she noticed a particular place in which her powers would definitely be of use.

"Hmm…A fellowship made to destroy a evil but powerful object. A bit cookie cutter, in areas, but I think it'll definitely be interesting and provide a chance for me to hone some of my physical strength." Cosmos smiled, a dreamy look drifting across her face, "And some of those people are HOT! And they aren't even human!"

Stepping back from the door, Cosmos watched as the mirror faded from view, and once again, the door to Dimension 2930 seemed to beckon to her, there in all its glory.

"Well, I suppose that this would be my choice for now," Cosmos said, "I know for sure that I'll be of use with this…Fellowship…on…that quest…Oh right! To destroy something called the Ring? Sounds like a second-rate horror flick, but hey, better than staying in this dumpy dimension."

~*~*~

The four Outer Senshi were crowded around the mirror in the realm of the Gates of Time.

Setsuna sighed at Cosmos' remarks, shaking her head. Leave it to Usagi to misuse something that had taken her over three weeks to beg off of the higher deities.

Haruka snickered, stuffing more popcorn in her mouth. The additional popcorn, of course, had been magically conjured by Setsuna, mainly to shut up their (primarily Haruka's) loud whines of "I want some POPCORN!"

Hotaru, who had just pulled the bowl away from Haruka, also stuffed some of the greasy food into her mouth.

"Are you sure Usagi-hime will be alright?" she asked questioningly.

Haruka frowned for a second, and then shook her head, smiling reassuringly at Hotaru.

"Don't worry about our Princess, Hotaru-chan. You know that she herself has been through a lot. This new development won't hinder her any more than anything else we've gone through will."

"That's true," Hotaru nodded, and with a grateful smile at Haruka, she sat back down besides the popcorn bowl and resumed snacking, all the while training her eyes on the mirror which revealed Cosmos' situation.

~*~*~

Cosmos took a deep breath before she approached the door. As soon as she went through here, she would transport herself to the Fellowship that she had seen in the door's mirror.

She held out her hand, feeling slight tremors running through it as she reached for the elegant brass doorknob on the Dimensional Door.

Before her hand even touched it, however, she could here a frantic voice screaming for her in her head.

`Hime'

Cosmos let a perplexed look sweep across her face. Setsuna never let in on the fact that they had a telepathic connection.

`Yes? What is it, Setsuna-chan?'

`No matter what, hime, remember we're all behind you. Haruka, Michiru, Hotaru, and I are watching you, literally, and completely support anything you do. Please, be careful.'

With that, Cosmos' connection with the senshi of Pluto was broken, and she was alone once more.

"Thanks, Puu," Cosmos whispered, a smile briefly touching her face before she turned back to the door.

This would be the door to her new life. A beginning to her journey of self-discovery. One more step, and she would be in a world completely different from her own. She just hoped that she'd have the courage and inner strength to carry on from it.

"Alright, here I go," she whispered, and put her hand gently on the doorknob. Whispering a quick prayer to her mother, she twisted her wrist, and then pushed.

In the widening crack between the door and doorframe, a bright green-tinted light shone out. Cosmos squinted, and pulled the door open further.

When it was halfway open, Cosmos was surprised to see the door disappear completely, and let out a small yelp as she was pulled into the bright green portal.

Just as the tips of her blonde ponytails disappeared in the portal, there was a small whisper that hung in the air, from a green-haired woman who was hiding in the shadows a few scant meters from Cosmos.

"Good luck, Usagi-hime. We'll be watching over you…"

~*~*~

Cosmos could feel herself falling…twisting…turning…Traveling through the dimensions was just so annoying. If this kept up, she'd get airsick!

Turning her head to the side, she preoccupied herself with the swirling colours that lined the `tunnel' in which she was traveling. It seemed as though every colour of paint in the world had been dumped into a bowl and swirled, creating a maelstrom of intensity.

However, before Cosmos could finish contemplating the mysterious colours that had completely bedazzled her eyes, she could feel a small jerk, and then, she was in the sky and falling…falling…falling…so dizzy…feeling faint…what's this? A group of guys…Falling on them? Ouch…

~*~*~

Cosmos awoke to see the business end of two swords, a staff, an axe, a bow, and four daggers pointed at her. The faces that surrounded her were clouded with suspicion, and a hint of fear.

A glance at her surroundings gave her the impression that she was in the middle of a very dark forest. The trees seemed to loom over her and block any sign of the sky or the sun.

The one holding the bow, with almost elf-like features and long blonde hair spoke first.

"Who are you? And why did you just fall amongst the Fellowship?"