Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Of Dragonballs and Duel Monsters ❯ New School Blues ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title:  Of Dragonballs and Duel Monsters
Chapter:  0/?
Author:  Murasaki Rose
Beta:  none
Genre:  Action/Adventure/Alternate Universe/Comedy/Crossover/Drama/Fantasy/Supernatural
Rating:  PG-13
Spoilers: Duelist Kingdom
Warnings:  Some shonen-ai, swearing, and violence.
Pairings:  Minor YxYYxA, YBxR, Jou x Mai, other pairings later.
Disclaimer:  Here we go. Yu-Gi-Oh and all it's characters are the property of Kazuki Takahashi, Shueisha, Konami, Toei, and unfortunately, 4 Kids Entertainment. Dragonball, Dragonball Z, and Dragonball GT are all the property of Akira Toriyama, Bird Studio, Toei Animation, and Funimation Inc.  In other words, I don't own any of them and I'm not making any money off of this, I'm just a fangirl having some fun.  However, Jianu, her family, and all other OCs in this story are mine.  If you'd like to borrow them, please ask me first and give proper credit.
AN:  "text" = speech, 'text' = thought, ((text)) = telepathy, /text/ = hikari to yami mindlink, (/text/) = yami to hikari mindlink, #text# = English

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Prologue - New School Blues
Opening theme:  Higher and Higher(1)

x-x-x-x

"..... and in local news, authorities are still investigating the explosion last week that destroyed West Capital High School.  Eyewitness reports claim that the damage was caused by a combination of artillery fire and "hand lasers".   While investigators can vouch for the validity of the artillery fire, there is no evidence of laser fire.  Still, they are not yet willing to rule out arson as a possible cause.  Repairs on the school will be held off until the investigation has been completed.  In the mean time, all students will be temporarily transferred to schools in the surrounding area....."

Shaking her head and heaving a sigh of relief, Debra Kreiger pressed the mute button on the slim t.v. remote, she couldn't believe their luck but still . . .  "Augh!   The nerve of that nutjob!  Attacking the kids while they were at school!"

A chorus of murmured assents and nods came from the other parents.  As the mothers and fathers of some of Earth's most powerful warriors they had reluctantly become used to their children frequently getting into dangerous situations, but they usually occurred in far less populated locations.

"At least no one was seriously hurt," Timothy Kreiger replied, attempting calm his volatile wife.

"This time," the auburn-haired, blue-gray eyed woman grumbled.  "And thanks to him we have to find them another school to attend!"

"I still can't believe that annoying little meglo-maniac is still trying to get the Dragonballs!" Bulma Briefs exclaimed in frustration, waving her stack of papers wildly in emphasis.  The assembled parents were currently seated at her dining room table, poring over the assorted documents they'd been sent on local schools, desperately looking for one that they could send the rather "unique" teenagers to until West Capital High was rebuilt.  Staring at the seemingly unending pile of papers made the blue-haired genius seriously consider siccing Vegeta on the little tyrant.  Caught up in her murderous thoughts, she was startled when a sudden burst of laughter from Debra turned her attention back onto the auburn-haired warrioress.

"What's so funny?" she asked, growing even more curious when Debra's husband began to chuckling a bit as well.   Wordlessly, the blue-gray eyed woman handed Bulma the papers they had just been reading.

"Domino High School?" a blue eyebrow arched, "and why is this place so amusing?"

"Nothing except that our daughter already knows someone that goes there . . ."

Not fooled in the least Bulma stared at the married couple expectantly, "Aaaannnd?"

"Well you see . . "

-

x-x-x-x

Closing Theme:  Yume Wa Oshite(2)

x-x-x-x

3/12/04
re-edited:  07/22/06
re-re-edited:  January 22, 2009

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

1 - 2nd opening theme from "Groove Master Rave", go here for the lyrics: http://yugioh.db-asylum.com/fic/theme.htm

2 - Tell me Your Dream, song from Dragonball, go here for the lyrics: http://yugioh.db-asylum.com/fic/theme.htm