Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Heart ❯ A Suggestion and a Plan ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bura banged her head to the music playing in her stereo system. Her pen scratched across paper as she worked on a paper for school. Her bought items from her Saturday trip to the mall with Marron and Pan sat proudly on her dresser, and a box of shoes were resting on the bed next to her. Unfortunately tomorrow she would return to the thing called school. Yes, Monday it was back to the grind.

Bura's phone rang, and She leaped off her bed into her computer seat. Picking it up she said, "What's up?"

Marron's voice returned a, "Nothing much. How you doing, Bura?" Bura drew her legs up into the seat with her, and twirled the phone cord in her fingers.

"Ok, writing that paper due in history."

"Really? Need some help? I sure could." Bura raised an eyebrow as she flipped up her computer screen and summoned the data pad.

"Yeah, that would be nice. Need me to come over?" Bura heard a "whoa-oh. Krillin! Help!" in the background, and heard Marron sigh.

"No, please, let me come over there. My mother's cooking a foreign recipe, and the kitchen's about to explode." Bura laughed.

"Ok, I got ya'. See you in a few!"

Trunks took in a deep breath and let his eyes slide open. The curtains were closed, stifling any source of light. He lifted his head off the pillow and rested on one arm. He looked around, mentally wondering what time is was. He blinked and gazed at the clock. His vision cleared and he read one-thirty. One-thirty!? How could he have slept in so late today? He shook his head and tried to remember what he had done last night.

He had come home from work and had dinner as usual, nothing out of the ordi-wait! Yeah, he remembered. He had had a late night with the guys. Dave, Conner, and Cedric. He gave a sigh and leaned back into bed, pulling the blankets over him.

He had nearly dozed off when the door opened with a click, and someone stepped inside. The person stepped quietly to the window and drew back the curtains with a `whoosh!'. Sunlight poured in, and Trunks groaned.

"What do you want?" He spat out. The woman sighed and folded her arms, looking over his irritated form. He had dug himself deeper under the covers, and she could hear his tense breathing.

"I was told to come and wake you up. Are you going to get up? Or am I going to get yelled at by your mother."

Trunks jerked his head over the top of the covers, surprised that it was not his mother in the first place, but Pan.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, dazed. She leant her head to the side and gave an exasperated sigh.

"Thanks for the warm welcome. Marron came over to study with Bura, and I came along with her. Marron and Bura are studying, so I was just hanging around. Your mom told me to come get you up. It's almost one-thirty!" He raised a hand defensively.

"I know, I know. Just had a tough night last night." He sat up and her eyes dropped to where the blanket fell off his bare chest. He slung his feet over the bed and stood up. His hair was tousled and he wore baggy dark blue pants. He brushed his hand through his hair and yawned. He stretched his back, and she heard a crack.

"I'm…I'm gonna head back down now." She half stuttered. He looked up, and his eyes held her gaze.

She backed up and she grasped the doorframe with her hand. Trunks smiled. "See ya', Pan." She smiled back and left the room.

As soon as she started down the stairs she heard a, "psst!" She looked around, a questioning look on her face. "psst!" Someone said again. Pan look up to see Marron and Bura standing on the fourth floor balcony.

"Come up here!" Bura whispered urgently. Pan shook her head and jogged up the steps, a smile on her face.

When she got to Bura's room the two girls were sitting on the bed expectantly, giggling and grinning.

"What?" Pan asked, sitting on the bed next to them. Bura poked Marron, and she nodded encouragingly.

"We just saw you coming out of Trunks' room." Bura explained. Pan shook her head and sighed.

"Nothing interesting. Your mom asked me to wake him up." Marron `oooh'ed', and Bura `ahhh'd'. "Seriously, guys, nothing important."

"No, you just woke him up!" Bura giggled and looked at Marron. "Trunks usually sleeps with his shirt off!" Pan rolled her eyes. Marron giggled and the girls poked each other.

"Nothing I haven't seen before." Pan said. "I have saiyan men running out my ears." She smirked, shaking her head again.

"You need to say something." Marron suggested."

"Like what?"

"Something to tell him your feelings." Pan wrinkled her nose, and Marron smacked her in the arm playfully.

"I'm serious!"

"That's not really me, Marron. I mean, besides, he'll never go for me." Marron shook her head this time, and Bura folded her arms in a pout.

"Of course he will!" Bura exclaimed. "You have such potential for beauty, Pan. I mean, you could be so gorgeous!" Pan smiled bashfully. "You need something to get his attention. Nothing drastic like proclaiming your love," She threw Marron a glance. "something where he'll notice you without you doing anything different really."

"And how on earth to I do that?" Pan asked sarcastically. Bura dropped her hands to her lap and bit her lip. She raised her eyebrows dramatically, and her eyes got huge and sparkly.

"You need a makeover!" Marron's jaw dropped, and Pan stared in disbelief. Bura giggled and raised her index finger.

"Why didn't I think of it before?"

"Yeah!" Marron exclaimed. They both looked Pan up and down. Then they grinned and looked at each other.

"Really? You guys will do that for me?"

"Of course!" They both exclaimed. "In fact," Bura started. "We'll start tomorrow after school. We'll take you shopping. Sound good?" Pan grinned.

"Sounds great!"

Pan smiled broadly. Finally, she was going to be one of the girls!