Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Lesson In Humility ❯ Chapter Eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Lesson In Humility

Chapter Eleven

Chichi grumbled with her anger as she paced the floor, occasionally looking out the kitchen window for any sign of Goten or her husband. Goten was gone for nearly a half hour, and Chichi felt like she was going to burst with her grim discovery.

She had way too much time to think this situation over…but it was very clear that Bulma had enticed her son; corrupting his simple, loving mind into her sick twisted pleasures. Chichi had always resented Bulma over the years; namely because Goku would go on an on about their adventures when he was a kid. It made her jealous that Bulma was free to roam with a teenage boy and a shape-shifting pig; her father the Ox King wouldn't allowed her to go trouncing off with them if she even begged him.

Chichi saw first hand what Bulma was capable of when she crushed Yamcha's poor heart. When she starting seeing Vegeta…a bloodthirsty, murderous alien with no disregard for human life, It was a proverbial slap in the face for her when Bulma became so smitten with the same man that was responsible not only for so many people's deaths, but the attempted deaths of her very son and husband.

That Slut! Chichi thought viciously as she slammed her palms on the oak dinner table. She always knew that Bulma was capable of being whorish…wearing her low-cut blouses and ultra mini skirts…Chichi even thought at one time that Goku himself was sleeping with her when he went to visit her in the city.

To calm herself, Chichi walked into the pantry and picked out twenty large potatoes to peel. She walked back over to kitchen sink, and proceeded to scrub the dirty vegetable down with the vegetable brush when the kitchen door opened, and in walked Goku and Goten laughing. Chichi looked over her shoulder for a mere second, and then turned her eyes back to the potatoes in the sink, scrubbing them with fury.

"…Otusan, you are so funny." Goten laughed as she opened the refrigerator door. His head disappeared behind the door for a second until he pulled out the large water pitcher.

"Yo, Chi," Goku breathed as he began to pull his shirt over his head. "What's for Lunch?"

"Don't you 'yo' me, and its fish and potatoes." Chichi hissed, never taking her eyes off her task.

Goku and Goten looked at each other and chuckled. Chichi turned around to look the pair, her face tight with anger. "What seems to be so funny Goku-sa?"

The laughing died between Goku and Goten when they saw Chichi's death glare. Goku cleared his throat, shrugging impishly at his wife. Sensing the tension in air, Goten grabbed a cup out of the cupboard and poured him some water quickly. He drank it down in one gulp and placed the cup on the counter. "Well, I'm going to get a shower and take a nap before I eat."

Once Goten was upstairs, Chichi dried her hands on her apron as she continued to stare at Goku. Goku noticed the urgency in his wife's expression, and he leaned against the kitchen wall as he sighed. "What I do this time?" Goku asked tiredly.

"You did nothing," Chichi quickly replied. "I need to talk to you about something important." Chichi walked into the laundry room, and came back with the pair of black lacy underwear in her right hand. "Take a look at these."

Not even giving a thought on what they were, Goku obeyed and took the item out of her hand. He stretched them with the other hand and gasped when he finally realized what they were. He looked up at Chichi with a playful grin.

"Is it Tuesday night already? I'd like to see you in these…but they look like they're torn."

"You idiot!" Chichi whispered angrily as she pushed Goku in his shirtless sweaty chest. "Those are not mine…I found them in Goten's dirty wash."

"…And the reason why I'm holding them in my hand is because…?" Goku said with a raised eyebrow.

Chichi snatched the panties out of his hand and pulled the white tab out for him to see. "Read this!"

Goku grumbled as she read the words aloud, not piecing the puzzle together as quickly as his wife did. "B. Briefs…so what?"

"Goku I swear you are as thick as lead sometimes," Chichi hissed. "B. Briefs…B as Bulma Briefs! Do you understand now?"

Goku pushed himself off the kitchen wall to ponder over what Chichi said, and his face lit up with a revelation. "So what is Bulma's' panties doing in Goten's wash?"

Chichi rolled her eyes with aggravation. "Because Bulma is…" Chichi began, but seemed to choke on her words. "…sleeping with Goten!"

"Nah…couldn't be," Goku laughed at the absurdness of his wife's conclusion. "She's happily married to Vegeta."

"Well how can you explain this?" Chichi argued. She shook the undergarment in Goku's face, making him cringe with disgust.

"Whoa, Chi…let's calm down for a minute and think this over," Goku offered as he sat his wife down at the kitchen table.

"There is nothing to think over, Bulma has corrupted my baby and I'm going to whip her ass!"

"Chi, he's a grown man," Goku said with a slight shrug of his massive shoulders. "As hard is it to believe that he's messing around with Bulma…maybe he favors older women now?"

"I can't believe what I am hearing," Chichi seethed as she shook her head. "Are you saying that it's okay that Goten is running around with Bulma? Because if it is then I'll have to whip your ass!"

Goku waved his hands defensibly as his wife. "I'm not condoning what Goten may or may not be doing, but it's his business. I don't think we should be poking around in things that don't concern us."

"He's my son so it makes it my business!" Chichi yelled, slamming her fist on the kitchen table loudly.

Goku sighed, running his fingers through his spiky mane as he thought of any possible explanation to justify the situation. His face lit up as a thought finally came to him. "You know Goten hangs over at Bulma's a lot. Maybe he took some wash over there and her stuff got mingled in with his."

"If that was true, and it isn't," Chichi said with narrowed eyes. "Then why was her panties balled up in his jeans pocket?"

Goku finally sat down beside his wife, sighing heavily. "Oh…I didn't know that."

"You see?" Chichi whispered excitedly. They both sat there in stunned silence before Goku got another idea.

"For the sake of argument…couldn't they be Bra's?" Goku suggested.

Chichi sucked her teeth hearing that. "The child is in college, she's not at home now."

Goku rocked back into his chair, shaking his head as he let what he heard sink in. "Wow…as unreceptive as Vegeta is, you would have thought he would have known about this…he's very territorial about Bulma."

"Did you see the mark on his neck?" Chichi asked.

"Yeah, he said he got in a fight." Goku replied as she rubbed his temples.

"I think Bulma did that to him," Chichi stated firmly. "What did he have to talk to you about today?'

"Nothing unusual, small talk really." Goku folded his arms at his chest as he looked over at his wife. "Chi…are you sure it's Bulma?"

"I'm certain, and a mother's intuition is never wrong," Chichi said breathlessly. "So are you going to talk to him about this or am I?"

Chewing his bottom lip, Goku gave a small grunt and stood from the table. "I'll talk to Goten…he'll be more comfortable speaking to me about this." Goku began to walk upstairs and stopped to look back at his wife solemnly. "I hope you're right about this."

******

Pan sat slouched in the chair in Bulma's office as she watched her speak with three of Capsule Corporation's employees about a prototype. She looked down at her watch…it was half past noon already and no sign of her new boss.

"…Fine Greg, just show me the blueprints first thing in the morning, and I don't want anymore fuck ups." Bulma said flatly as she waved her hand to dismiss the group. She looked over at Pan after she said the 'f' word, and gave her a sheepish smile. "Sorry Pan." Pan only smiled meekly and nodded her head, that word was used on a daily basis by her mom. Once the employees were gone, Bulma walked from behind her huge desk and leaned on its edge, sighing irritably.

"I'm sorry that Trunks hasn't come in yet…and on your first day too."

"It's alright Bulma," Pan said shaking her head.

"No, it isn't alright," Bulma hissed as she reached into her jacket pocket, pulling out a cigarette. She lit it quickly with her lighter, taking a long drag before speaking again. "Trunks doesn't instill the proper attitude for the company. If he shows up late…what kind of impression is he giving the other employees?"

"You have a point there," Pan muttered, not wanting to sound too conformational. Pan stared at Bulma as she took another drag, and even though the concept of a person smoking isn't suppose to be cool; Pan was somewhat fascinated in how Bulma did her bad habit. She thought of how cool it would be if she would have a cigarette as she blew the smoky rings into the ceiling.

"All I ask is for him to show up for work...is that too much to ask?" Bulma finally looked at Pan, and noticed her blank expression on her face. She looked down at her half smoked cigarette, and smiled. "This doesn't bother you, does it?"

"Not at all," Pan said blinking her eyes with a small smile. "I just never saw you smoke before."

"I've got Vegeta hooked too," Bulma said with a small laugh as she snuffed her cigarette out in the marble ashtray. "But we only smoke after…" Bulma stop mid sentence when she realized who she was talking to. "Never mind that. I'm going to give Trunks another call." Bulma walked back around her desk to pick the phone up when her office doors busted open and in rushed a very well dressed and very late Trunks Briefs.

And all in that moment…everything was in slow motion for Pan. She saw him walk in hastily, dressed in his dark grey Kenneth Cole trousers and Wool jacket, his maroon dressed shirt neatly ironed and his Capsule Corporation pin that simply read 'cc' on his right lapel. As he walked by her, she could smell his masculine scent combined with fresh soap and expensive cologne. His shoulders were broad in the jacket; and he looked so sexy in his professional attire that Pan nearly drooled. He never noticed her sitting in the chair as he made his entrance, and his back was now to her as he walked up to Bulma's desk. She was quickly snapped out of her daze when she heard Bulma shout angrily at her son.

"Trunks, I am sick of your shit," Bulma snapped bitterly at her son, and he rolled his eyes with aggregation. "What is your excuse this time?"

"I overslept," Trunks simply replied. "It won't happen again."

"You bet your ass it won't happen again," Bulma hissed as she poked a finely manicured fingernail into his chest. "Because if it does you will simply be out of a job…and that's one thing you need since you have a place to pay for."

"Yeah, with no thanks to you." Trunks said lowly. Bulma's eyes flashed with fury with those words, and it took a few seconds to calm herself form slapping him across his face.

"You have some nerve," Bulma hissed with narrowed eyes. "You're in that condo because you think with the wrong head! All I ever asked when you were living back at home is that you abide by my rules, and you couldn't even do that. And now you're going to blame me for your shortcomings? If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have a place to stay you ungrateful bastard!" Bulma took in a deep breath as she collected herself, and glanced over at a nervous Pan who sat in silence. "Trunks, we are trying to run a business here. If you can't come to work on time, you're sending a message to our employees that work isn't a necessity. And that is not the kind of image I want for Capsule Corporation. Do you understand?"

"Yes." Trunks muttered lowly, his eyes now on floor.

"Okay, so the next time you come in late, I will have to take action. Do you understand?" Bulma said sternly as she crossed her arms.

"Yes." Trunks replied again, his eyes never leaving the floor.

"Good. Now I want to introduce you to your new personal assistant, and I want you to show her around the office today."

"The last thing I need today is to baby-sit some new hire dumbass," Trunks snapped as he looked up at his mother.

"Trunks!" Bulma said with her cheeks reddening with embarrassment. She motioned her head to him to let him know that someone was behind him, and Trunks closed his eyes for moment and groaned. He slowly turned around and looked at Pan finally, her face now pale with his last statement.

"Hey Pan," Trunks stuttered nervously as he smiled at her. He looked back over at his mother questionably. "So who's the personal assistant mom?"

"Pan is your personal assistant," Bulma said with a frown, not pleased at his attitude over the whole matter.

There was a moment of silence before Trunks could speak again. He walked across the office to the door with a huge scowl on his face. "Great, so I am babysitting today." He slammed the door behind him fiercely, leaving Bulma totally shocked to the core and Pan stunned. She knew that if she was standing, she would have already have passed out from total humiliation.