Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Life Mistake ❯ The Oath ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]






It's been over three weeks. He's still not here.

Goddamn it all, where the hell is that moron? After our encounter, he suddenly pulls a Houdini over our eyes and poof -- he's gone. Gods, when I get my hands on that idiot, I will choke his little scrawny neck until his face turns orange. Not blue. Not purple. Orange. With yellow polka-dots. And him begging for mercy. Or until someone pries me away from his doomed neck, which is highly impossible but hey -- things can happen.

Shit, that asshole is making me worry about him. Again. What the hell am I saying? I'm lying to myself. I've been worried about him the minute I saw the real him. Gods, do I hate that chill. He better come back soon. The demon he calls wife is breathing down my neck. Reason? I decided to pull a Kakarotto and tell everyone that I last saw the dead brained Earth-bred Saiya-jin in the woods. Oh how wonderful these three weeks have been. I'm sure any moron can imagine what fun I've been through. Feh.

I'm out in the woods again, standing in the same spot where I found Kakarotto. The sun is setting in front of me below the mountains with its rays of light glistening on the trees, on the mountains, and on the water. I hate getting descriptive. I'll probably sound like an pansy brainless idiot. Excuse us Saiya-jins for not knowing the word "poetry." Yeesh. My arms are crossed as I'm sitting on the same boulder the third-classed moron was sitting on over three weeks ago.

What seems like forever I finally sigh. The sun is down, the animals are either awake or asleep, and I am still here watching the nocturnality come alive. I look up. What do you know, a shooting star. The boy once said if you wish upon one, it will come true. Well, no one is around, so I guess I'll follow his words. I don't know why I am even following the advice of a seven year old, but who knows or cares. I sure don't.

And if there is one thing I have to wish for, it has to be this.


GODDAMIT KAKAROTTO COME BACK!


There. Maybe he could hear my thoughts a mile away. I miss the damned fool, I just want him to return so the idiots he calls friends will get off of my case and leave me alone. All I really want is for things to get back to the regular routine and just get back to normal. That's all I want. And for some reason, my mind is telling me otherwise.

I remember those pairs of eyes. Black fire filled with so many emotions, but the main one was fault. Fault? In a guy like Kakarotto? That was unimaginable. What kind of weakness or blame or error would bring him to even be depressed? I mean, sure, the guy isn't too smart, but he knows the difference between right and wrong. Sure, he'll never understand the real fucked up side of life, but still. Still. Those eyes revealed to me that the Saiya-jin that everyone knows has realised something we haven't.

Then why did he tell me that? Why did he let me see what he knew through his eyes? Why not his wife or sons or friends? I don't get it. Wait... maybe it is a trick! Yes! It's all a trick! Just a huge facade. A chimera. A dream. One crazy dream that he made up in order to test our friendship. HA! That has to be it! I mean, the guy always wanted to make a bond with me, but I never wanted to. I mean... a prince friends with a third-classed warrior? Come on! I have pride, you moron. I think that will never into his head.

But my mind keeps telling me otherwise, and I don't know why.

I sigh and whisper to myself. "Where are you, Kakarotto?"

I didn't except a response, but I got one.

"You rang, Vegeta?"

"What?" I gasp quickly ontop, jump off of the boulder, and swerve my body around to see who is behind me. My mouth hangs open and I'm in awe. In awe? That's a first. I blink once, for I cannot believe who is standing in front of me. Okay, my mind is playing tricks on me. It has to be. Is it him or am I dreaming?

"You are not dreaming Vegeta, I'm the one dreaming," the figure states, smiling a grin that is too familiar to me and unknown to the people he supposedly loves and cherishes. What a second... supposedly? He's supposed to! Doubt isn't supposed to be in that subject. When it comes to his family, he's supposed to be dedicated to them, end of story! But why do I keep on saying "supposed" then?

I think my mind is hiding something from me and it won't tell me yet. Probably that I'm not ready for the truth yet. You know, sometimes I hate my own mind. It pulls a fast one on me way too many times. Too crafty, dammit. I narrow my eyes, and close my jaw. A scowl appears on my face and I glare at the man in front of me.

"So, the great Kakarotto has finally returned from the Unknown," I mock without a care about his well-being. I scoff and roll my eyes as I cross my arms. "What the hell took you so long? Talking with Obscurity?"

He laughed. What was so funny? "Actually, I was." Well I'll be damned.

I'm still in the same position. I blink and casually ask him a question. "What?"

"Actually, Inevitability was taking the most time. Always has," Kakarotto said, shrugging his shoulders. He then bowed his head and crossed his arms in thought. "It was weird, though. Inevitability never takes that long. I'm beginning to worry." He looked up and finally I noticed the Son grin I'm used to. "Usually done in a flash, FYI."

I sigh again. Dammit, I gotta stop doing that. "You know Kakarotto, you are still making no sense." I walk up to where he is, leaning against a tree. Kakarotto does the same, leaning against his own. We both have the same stances, crossed arms and dire looks in our eyes. One difference though. I am seeking for the truth, he is seeking for the solution.

I lock eyes with him. I see nothing in his eyes but what I have inside of me. Nothing from before anymore. There is no chill now. If there is, I think I've gotten used to it. "You talk of Obscurity and Inevitability as if they are living things. Kakarotto, all creatures that have the mentality to think know that they are just ideas, nothing more. So I only have one thing to ask you." I pause for a while, watching Kakarotto sink all this in. "What the hell are you trying to tell me that no one else can understand?"

"Simple." He answered quickly. Dammit, he's doing that smile again. "Your mind knows it, but it won't tell you yet. Hell, I believe it has known the Ado for the longest time, even before I did. You, however, are not prepared well. Just wait, soon enough you will be." He paused as I'm taking in his information. "Just like me."

Before I can tell him to wait and give me more information, he does without me asking or yelling at him to do so. He moves away from the tree, still eye to eye with me, as he keeps on talking. "Vegeta, a conflict of olde arises in this apparition, and I for one need and deserve a comrade to help erase it away in Perpetuity's hands." We are nose to nose again, and now I can see an emotion in his eyes.

It's trepidation. Hell, that sure got my attention.

"I tried to do it myself times ago, and I have failed, but never knew why," he spoke, as if he was telling me a story or a legend passed down from generation to generation. He moves away from my face, the emotion still written all over the windows to his soul. "Thankfully, I understand. And hopefully you will too."

I watch his form walk away, again undoing himself in the shadows of the night. The forrest seems to embrace him, the branches hiding away his traces, the animals staying clear of his path, the moonlight never shining upon his form. I wonder still about it, but I know the answer to that one.

He's a life mistake.

And I'm probably a life actuality.

At least I know something bad is going on.