Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Life Mistake ❯ A Gruesome Time ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]






Things are back to normal. For the idiots that is.

Kakarotto showed up a day after our second encounter in that same spot in the woods. For some odd reason weird things tend to happen there. From now on, I'm staying away from that certain area-- period. He made an excuse, like I expected, and everyone believed him, like I expected, and life goes on, as I expected. Well, semi-expected. I'm still worried about the fact that Kakarotto knows an enemy is coming and he won't tell me jack-shit about it! I hate being in the dark when a conflict arises. My Saiya-jin spirit demands entertainment, dammit.

The routine begins again for the both of us. We spar together like nothing has gone wrong, and I don't have the will power to mention anything that has happened beforehand. I have the guts, but the strength of mind is below contestation with Kakarotto's. Before our encounters, I would have reveared myself as highly intellegent and crafty. The only Saiya-jin around with enough mental capacity to figure out that two plus two didn't equal Thomas Jefferson. But now that "title" has been given to Kakarotto. If he can confuse me, then he's one clever Saiya-jin.

And I can vouch that if a Saiya-jin is crafty and strong -- we're all doomed.


Alright, he's getting on my nerves. Again. He hasn't mentioned a damned thing about what has happened between us. No mentions of Inevitability or Obscurity or Perpetuity or the whatnot he rambles about. Now it's a few days or so after the two encounters, and I'm still wondering what the fuck the damned idiot was talking about. If he seriously doesn't start talking, I'll punch it out of the guileless moron.

Let's recap, shall we? Number one -- he was talking with Obscurity and Inevitability. My thoughts -- the guy is crazy. Number two -- he was talking about an old conflict arising again and he needs me as a partner. My thoughts -- gimme all the wackos with freakishly high powers. I need a good workout. Number three -- he knows something that my mind knows too but my mind won't tell me anything for some reason or another that Kakarotto knows but he won't tell me either because he says I have to figure it out myself. Woo, that was a long one. My thoughts -- somebody send Kakarotto the funny farm.

There were others, but I fail to recall them right now. Stupid mind.

Wait, I just insulted myself. Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck.

I feel better now. Yay.


Okay, this is getting weirder and weirder by the second.

And of course, everything is fucked up too.

What else is new then?

Simple peebrained idiots. Let's all try on for size what is happening to all the computers and electronic equipment around the entire blue planet called Earth which ultimately is bringing wide-spread pandemonium, humans screaming about saying it's the end of the world, and me just getting highly pissed off yet worried and somewhat fearful at the same time. Detail? Sure, why not.

Another routine day. Another day Kakarotto still has me confused. Another day I'm pissed off. Usual, right? Wrong. Nothing's usual anymore. I better get used to it then, huh? The first thing that happens after I get out of the shower is that I get speared down to the floor unintentionally by my son. He's screaming left and right about this and that, I can't understand a damn word the boy is saying. Unintentionally -- okay, I'm lying, I did mean it -- I shoved Trunks off of my body and into the ceiling above. Kids. They're too hyper. Damn television. Damn caffine. Damn all that sweet powder called sugar.

Once I basically peel my own flesh and blood from the ceiling and onto the floor, he casually and calmly tells me that there's a problem in Bulma's lab. He said other things too, but the minute I heard that Bulma's lab had a problem, I rushed down the scene immediately. Now sure, I was worried for my mate (bitchy as she is), but I was mainly concern for her equipment. Her technology would prove to be useful if an enemy comes, and as Kakarotto told me, an enemy is coming. Without the proper weapons to protect her -- dammit, I can't act fatalistic. Gotta keep being sarcastic... and hopeful. Yeah, that too.

I head on down there, and the first thing I see is my mate running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Sparks of electricity are flying all over the place. The electronics are running on their own, some are plugged in, and many others are not. If I wouldn't have been so worried going down the stairs and into her lab, I would have been the tables shaking, the other electronics going haywired, and the other electrical equipment becoming absolutely useless. My mate then saw me, rushed over and hugged me as if her life depended on it.

She was crying, yelling that I've got to do something. Kakarotto has to do something. Anything to save her, and my family, and Kakarotto's family, and basically the entire world. Again. I hate it when she does that. I hate women crying. Uck, women. Can't live with them... can't live with them. I took her away from the lab, since I saw some appliances head over for us with cruel intentions. I didn't want to worry her, so I carefully led her away from the room, shut the door behind us, and blasted it away to kingdom-come. If she would have seen those inadimate objects starting to walk, she could have had a heart-attack. I would never let me mate be subjected to that. Hell, even I was frightened... a little.

We weren't safe yet. It was like the entire household was trying to kill us. I went upstairs with Bulma, grabbed Trunks, fetched Bra from her bedroom, and I took them all into my arms and flew into the sky. I couldn't go fast because I had so much weight on me and I didn't want them to fall. My destination was for Kakarotto's house, for he had to be the one least-likely to be effected by the rebellion of electronic equipment. I mean, for crying outloud, his house was in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure he didn't have that much high-tech stuff at his house.

And what I'm doing right now? I'm taking my family to Kakarotto's house where they can be safe. Well, I'm trying to at least. Bra won't stop tugging on my hair, Bulma's starting to rant about how the Apocalypse has come, and Trunks has enough mentality to just shut the hell up. Heh. Good kid. You know, I hate to admit it, but I can finally understand why the humans are going crazy. The electronics they depended on were rebelling against them. They wanted to kill them. Something wrong was happening. It truly feels like the end of the world.

This just has to be the enemy Kakarotto was talking about.

And if it isn't, I don't know what the hell is going on.


He's not here.

Kakarotto is not here.

Where the hell is that moronic piece of shit?!

Gohan and Goten, and even Videl had to defend their mom from some of the appliances in their household. Like some of the computers I saw in the lab before I destroyed it, Gohan's computer didn't rebel against them. It only went haywired and sparks started to fly all over. Everything else though? They went crazy and went after the demi Saiya-jins. Well, it's a good thing appliances don't have a full mind of their own. If they didn't, they wouldn't have gone after the two kids of Kakarotto, and the girlfriend of one. Heh. Morons.

With the appliances dead, except for Gohan's computer, everything seemed to be safe around the place. I knew my family would be safe here, along with Kakarotto's. Speaking of that bastard, where the devil is he?! He just leaves and poof, he's gone? Another Houdini. I wanna kill that bastard so badly that the next time I see him I'll scalp away all of his skin and feed his hide to the wolves or better yet to...

... Gohan's computer stopped sparking all over the place.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Holy SHIT! "What the hell?!" I exclaimed, looking at the black screen of Gohan's computer that was once filled with static and sparking electricity. On the screen a white spacer is blinking like everything is normal, but I'm not so sure. Especially with everything that has happened to me in the past three weeks, nothing will ever be the same. Nothing is routined anymore. Life really wanted a change, and it sure as hell is getting one.

"I wonder what its going to do," Gohan inquired, looking at his computer absolutely dumbfounded. He knocked it on a few times, and examined it for a few seconds. Like that's going to do anything. Sometimes his father's idiocy shows through. But then again, if he only knew his father now. "Nothing's been damaged externally, and nothing sounds like anything is broken internally."

"Look! It's typing a message!" Bulma exclaimed, shoving Gohan out of the way of the flat screened monitor. Chi-Chi, Goten, Trunks, and Gohan huddled around Bulma, making me unable to see what exactly that message was. Gods! They're excluding me! Damn I'm getting pissed.

"Woah, cool," Goten and Trunks muttered together, as I can hear the keyboard typing for itself and the message clearly seen in white on the black-screened monitor. It's an eerie sight and sound watching a computer type for itself. Unfortunately, I still can't see the sight or the message clearly enough in order to experience it. Okay, that's it, my patience is up.

"Out of the way!" I shout rudely, shoving both boys out of the way, and moving Bulma to the side slightly. I'm pissed, I'm tired, and I'm worried about what the hell is going on. Kakarotto has to be up to this. He has to be the reason for all of this. I mean, gone for three weeks, talks about Obscurity and shit, and then this! The minute I see his face and that damned smile that gives me chills I'll punch it away until it's deformed so that I can never see it again. There! Gods, I wanna kill him...

...damn, I can't rant anymore. I just looked at that message. It's simple. It's very, very simple. All lowercased, all in white, and all in a legitamate, sophisticated words. No one else understands the message. Only I do. It's so simple. But they haven't been enlightened. They haven't met the side of Kakarotto I have seen. I gasp, I stare, and I suffocate. I can't do a damn thing, because the message is right in front of me.

a mistake shall be righted, for this universe, and the next

No one else knows the truth, but I do. I never thought I would, but now I do.

Kakarotto didn't leave. He never wanted to. It's because he had to.

A life mistake. That's who he is... and he's going to die for it.

... aw fuck, I'm going to have to go play hero then.

Goddamit, sometimes I hate being me.