Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Love Like No Other ❯ Goodbye Planet Vegeta ! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A LOVE LIKE NO OTHER
by Blue Dreamer (bluedreamer80@hotmail.com)
A Land Of Dreams (www.alandofdreams.com)


Disclaimer: Dragon Ball and everything affiliated with Dragon Ball is not owned by me. Akira Toriyama-san is the rightful creator…

Synopsis: I was scared and all alone... I was weeping as I saw my parents and friends lying dead next to me... This day was supposed to be a great day... My parents had organized a surprise party for my 16th birthday... no sooner had I come home that the attacks began... In a few minutes, our country's just been destroyed by an Alien race...


Chapter 04: Goodbye planet Vegeta !

It has been one week since we all got to know what happened to our planet and why or rather who destroyed it. Even though my parents got killed in the destruction … I was not angry with Stephan or should I now start calling him King Vegeta.

Actually we are now all getting prepared for our trip … I hope I will find my Uncle … somewhere in this universe.

We were all given tough instructions on what to take and what not too take.

Sandy was helping Doctor Jeremy with getting all the medicines and bandages organized. The two of them had even gone outside and gathered as much bottles, plasters, cloth, surgery utensils … as they could.

Mike and Tony were in charge of collecting as many weapons as he could … we did not know how long we were going to be in the battleship and who we were bound to approach… so all this was necessary.

John had to make sure he had enough spare parts to repair any part of the ship … Ben and Frank were helping him out.

Allan was of course in charge of getting the food and enough water which was a real tough core. I was trying to help him but I soon realized I had quite a lot to do on my side.

I was in charge of getting rid of the unnecessary personal belongings … and believe me … that's probably the worst task that was given out as I was constantly battling with the others as they all wanted to take everything possible.

~*~*~*~

Everything seems in order now as we had gathered everything into the battleship. I was amazed to see how the royal family had kept an underground tunnel. It was a pure result of high advanced technology that was standing in front of my eyes … lovely.

Then I saw him finally coming towards us after one whole week … The man who I admire a lot and at I love … King Vegeta. He was wearing a black outfit which made him look stunning. I saw Sandy gazing at him and I did not like it at all … however, I remained silent.

-"We shall now go towards the planet earth and find the Sayains living there" he started and then added "then we shall go and fight Frieza and his men"

We all nodded

-"Now lets board" he said and we all followed him into the spaceship.

~*~*~*~

King Vegeta was of course in charge of the whole ship and wanted all of us to keep calling him Captain Stephen … which we complied.

John was the second in charge and in charge of mechanics

Ben and Frank were in charge of the radars and were constantly checking out for intruders

Tony was in charge of the navigation of the battleship

Alan was in charge of the kitchen

Mike was constantly checking out the weapons and the missiles on board.

Doctor Jeremy was in charge of keeping an emergency room for patients and was helped by Sandy

As for myself, I was just helping out whoever needed me… I was quite a bit frustrated in this post as I had no responsibility whatsoever. Quite often, at nights I would cry silently because of this.

~*~*~*~

Three days later…

He had asked to see me in his cabin … and I could not figure out why. When I knocked at his door and after a few seconds he opened his door and handed me a large book. I was puzzled.

-"You will be in charge of keeping the diary of our journey" he said bluntly and went back inside closing the door on me.

I was in charge of keeping the journal … I was thrilled and quickly when to my cabin in order to start my task. As I opened the book, I realized that the Captain had started already

"Thursday, May 22nd 2040

General situation: We are finally starting on our journey towards the planet Earth in order to locate the Saiyans who volunteered to go there. I have assigned everyone a task. Hopefully we should be getting there in about a months time. All have accepted to help me out fight Frieza.
We left on scheduled time 3 PM and our journey seems to be smooth as for now

Food: Dinner consisted of boiled potatoes and a steak.

Crew members: all are doing fine except for the following who are snapping at each other
- Sandy and Pan
- Ben and Tony

Vessel Incidents: none

Other comments: none
"

"Friday, May 23rd 2040

General situation: A minor incident on button number 2 which was repaired instantly by John.

Food: Breakfast: omelet; Lunch: Mixed vegetables and rice; Dinner: Fish and chips

Crew members: none

Vessel incidents: none

Other Comments: none
"

"Saturday, May 24th 2040

General Situation: Nothing to report here as our journey is going fine

Food: Breakfast: beacon and eggs; Lunch: Caesar Salad and fruits; Dinner: Lasagna

Crew members: Jeremy informed me that Pan was depressed on having no responsibilities on this ship. Therefore she is now in charge of writing this diary from now on

Vessel incidents: none

Other Comments: none
"

~*~*~*~

I was hurt to notice that it was Doctor Jeremy who told him about me not having responsibilities … However I was not going to cry and I had to continue on this journal. For the days that were to come and go … I was now relating them as objectively as possible … However, as no one was looking it and that no one seemed to be bothered with it … it was progressively becoming like my own personal diary. I was now hiding it whenever I finished writing … and I was convinced that this task was given to me just to settle me.

~*~*~*~

A month later…

I was now quite a lot on my own and content with the situation. I loved writing and it seems that I spend days full in doing so. However today I decided to read carefully whatever I wrote. I was surprised to see how much I have written … and I also noticed that I was expressing my feelings quite a lot. For some reason I panicked… what if anyone sees this diary? What if the Captain reads it? Indeed last week I have written my feelings about the Captain … what a foolish thing I've done.

For my misfortune, this very moment, the captain called for me (the battleship was equipped with interphones and all) and asked me to bring the journal.

I had no solution whatsoever and without second thoughts tore the one page that would have betrayed my feelings for him and hid it inside my favorite book …

~*~*~*~

A few minutes later…

"-Thank you Pan" he told me as the Captain took the book from my trembling hands

He turned back and started to read whatever I wrote. I was about to leave when he stopped me

-"Why is a page missing?" he asked me

-"A page…" I repeated stupidly

-"Yes, where is it?" he insisted

-"I … it was not well written… so I…" I was trying to come with some excuse

-"Do you realize that it's a whole day that's missing" he continued

I was not looking at him

-"I want you to get that page back"

-"But I threw it" I lied

-"I guess I will be handling the journal from now onwards" he said before adding "you may leave"

I ran out of his room and into my room. I took my book from my shelf and carefully took the torn page out. I read it again and again

"Saturday, June 21st 2040

General Situation: The days are getting longer and longer as we've now managed to leave planet Jupiter and its awful inhabitants. Normally in a weeks time we should be on earth.

I just can't take it anymore and feel like confessing my love for the Captain. I just can't stand seeing him getting close to Sandy. I just feel like crying all the time… When I saw Sandy coming out of his room in just a bathrobe and grinning at me… I just felt like hitting her but I did not… I now regret. I don't know what to do and I just don't want to tell Ben as he still likes me … It's only to you that I can write to dear Journal … only you

Food: Even though I did not eat anything the menu consisted on the following: breakfast: fruit salad; Lunch: Spaghetti Bolognaise; Dinner: Chicken sandwiches

Crew members: Other than Sandy showing off, nothing to say

Vessel incidents: none

Other Comments: none
"

~*~*~*~

I had lied to him but I had no choice … I just could not bare to see him laugh at me… I was somehow glad because tomorrow we were going to land on Earth … I was not going to be alone … I was going to find my Uncle Goten and everything was going to be alright after that … so I hoped.