Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A second chance for a Good life ❯ A second chance at a new life ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaim and a Warning to all B/V fans: In case I ever post this I must make it clear that all DBZ characters etc are the property of Akira Toriyama,The only characters I do own are Kalia, and any her children who shall come in later chapters. I make no profit whatsoever off the story, it is purely and origianl fic written by a bored teenager at late hours of the night. Secondly, I f you are a V/B fan then too bad, Bulma and Veggie don't get together in this one. Its an orrigianl that doesn't exactly stick to the timelines or plots. Review if you want I really don't care. Enjoy.

Note: Rating is PG and up for lateer chapters and there are bound to be tons of spelling and grammer errors since I cant type all that well so be warned.

Enjoy -Son Kalia

A Second Chance For a New Life

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!….OOOOf!. The girl landed with a thud on the not so soft grass by a lake. She looked around, dazed and amazed at what had happened to her. All she was doing was taking a wailk in her neighborhoood and suddenly she was falling through some doorway into another world. It looked familiar, and when she saw a small round house in the distance and the huge city some ways behind her, it hit her. She was too much of an expert on the subjuct to not notice all the small little strange simmilarities. She had watched to many DBZ dvds and videos and tonami eppisodes not to known where she was. Heather Woods was had somehow fallin into the Dragon Ball Z universe, in her mind by sheer luck. Heather looked to her side to make sure she still had her backpace/purse thing. She never left home without it. Yup, it was still on her back. She took It off and pulled out her book of drawings, she started flipping through it and decided that she would use the name of the character she made up, afterall the character was supposed to be her if she was part of that world anyway so from now on, heather woods would be known as Kalia. After sitting there for a moment she decided to have a look at her reflection inn the lakes surface, what she saw made her gasp. Her hairwas in the same style only the braid done over her shoulder now went to her waist instead of a few inches past the shoulder and it was much more spiky, the shorter braid on her right sided bangw was a little longer to. Her eyes were now so dark a brown that you could barley make out the pupils. Her out fit was the same though. She wore a semi short light blue denim skirt, a red sleavkless top with a lace trim and v neckline, and a white ¾ sleeve sweater thing, that only had a single tie in the front. Her shoew were her favorite brown boots that stopped right at the bottem of the calf of her legs which were very shapely. She was quite beautiful too, then something hard landed in her lap. Se was overjoyed to see the red hooded claok covering her sword. Gingerly she picked up the sword and went to hook it about her waist, then she notice the furry brown appendage that had wrapped itself around her flat stomack. Her eyes grew wide at the sight of her dark brown, extremly soft tail. Then she fainted after letting out a small shreak of surprise.

Chapter one: a new family, a new home, a new life

Notes: this is a few weeks after raditz and piccolo was able to kill radicze without hurting goku bicause goku grabbed Radt tail stayed out of the blasts targeted area of his brothers body. So, Goku is alive and now gohan is off on his survival training etc etc etc.

Goku was sitting at the table eating or more like inhaling his breakfast when a strange new ki signature entered his senses andit wasn't far away. It wasn't gohans and it thankfully wasn't piccolos. He rushed out the door to go check it out. When he found the poor girl passed out by the lake shore he gently splashed some water on her to wake her up. When that didn't work he figured he better take her some here else so he gently picked her up and carried her back to his house along with her sword and cloak wich he stuck inside her backpack. When he entered the house ChiChi cam rushing twairds him about to yell at him for just fushinf off but stopped seeing the young, unconcious girl in his arms.

"Goku! Where did she come from?" Chichi asked sounding very concerned about the young teenager her husband now held.

"I found her by the lake, she has a pretty powerful ki and I sensed it and dicided to check it out and I found her." He rambled on for a moment, then shrugged.

"well don't just stand there, go put her in the guest room, she will probably wake up soon." Chichi said sternly to her husband as she examined the girl slowly and then notice the furry brown tail she had mistaken for a belt. "Goku! She She's a saiyin!" Chichi exclaimed.

"huh," goku said as he finally noticed her tail "I guess she is," he shrugged as he carried her into the guest room and gently laid her down on the bed and left her to go caolm down his wife and finish his half eaten breakfast.

(5 hours later)

Heather who will now be called Kalia from this point on woke slowly opende her eyes and sat up blinking a few times as whe noticed she was not by the lake anymore, but this wasn't her bedroom eirhor. The clock on the bedside read about 3:00 in the afternoon and her back pack, sword and cloak were resting against the wall opposite the twin bed. She slowly stood up and with a confused glance, put her hands on her hips slightly brushing her new tail as she did so remindin her of all that had happende to her that morning. It was then that the door opened and Son Goku walked into the room.

"Hi, glad to see your finally awake." He smiled warmly at her, all she could do was stare. Then she regained her composer and said "hello, uhh… how exaclty did I get here?" she asked him looking around the room, then her stomack growled really loud and she blushed.

" I guess your hungry, lets go get some food and then I will answer your questions as best I can, I'm goku by the way"

"okay, my names Kalia" she then proceeded to follow him out to the kitchen where chichi had left a huge lunch for them and sat at the table waiting for them. As she ate, and she ate as much as goku did, goku expalined how she had gotten from the lake to his guestroom. Then it was her turn to explainh.

"So kalia" Chichi asked "just how is it you ended up unconsous by a lake?" Kalia bit her lip, took a deep breathe and began "Well, you probably wont believe this but, I was just taking a walk around my neigborhood like I do every day, only I got a weird feeling so I headed back to my house earlier than usual. Then suddenly thiws hole or trap door or something like that just kinda opened up underneath my feet and I fell and landed by the lake. A few minutes later, my sword dropped into my lap and was wrapped in my red claok. Then I looked over my reflection in the lake, noticed my tail and passed out." She finished and stared down at her iced tea waiting for someone to laugh or accuse her of being nuts but all she got was a shrug from both of them. She then dicided to explain about how she might have ended up here " I do have a theory about it" she paused and waited while they nodded for her to continut "back home, in my umm dimenston I suppose you could call it, I was a bit of an outcast. I didn't have many friends and I fought constantly with my parents. I never felt like I belonged there. Also in my dimenstion there was a show called Dragon Ball Z and it was about you Goku and all your adventures. The first time I watched it I felt like I was watching my home. It was a weird feelin and as I got older I mer Dwayne and we jbecame best frieinds, he toaught me how to fight and use a sword and he kinda taught me witchcraft as well. So I was thinking that maybe someone eithor decided it was time I came home to where I really belong or they decided I needed another chance at life and granted my wish. That's my theory , but never did I ever think that I was any part saiyin at all." Kalia looked at them timidly and saw the wide eyed odd expressions on there faces as they looked at eachother. "Kalia, How old are you" Chichi suddenly asked, breaking the somewhat akward silence. "14, I `ll be fifteen in september" kalia ansered quietly. Then Chichi looked at goku with a smile and you could just see the wheels turning in her head as she spoke then words that would change kalias world forever.

" Goku I think she was sent here to given a second chance at life, I think we should adopt her and enroll her in highschool, I always wanted a daughter and you could train her if she really wants it. Mayve she can help when the other saiyins arrive." "Chichi that sounds like a great idea, Kalia from now on your our daughter." Goku practilly cheered as he said this and he jumped up and hugged her. Kalia was now grinning from ear to ear, she couldn't belive it, she was gonna become the Daughter of Goku. She would finally have the loving family she deserved and wanted. She had gotten another chance to live a good life. She had gottne a new life, with a new family, in a new world where she could start over. She was the happiest girl alive.

( will be mainly form kalias POV from now on)

Two days later I was officially the daughter of Goku and Chichi. To celebrate and to meet everyone and introdue me to them all, goku decided to hold a gathering at the Kame House. I hitched a ride on dads back(he will be called dad and Chichi will be called mom from now on I vowed to myslef) as he carreid mom off to the island. I was thrilled at getting to meet the rest of the Z senshi but I had to deal with master roshi first(shudder shudder ) We landed on the island and I jumped off dads back and stood next to him. Then Master roshie came walking out of the house and his eyes nearly bugged at the site of me. I wore a lovely blood red tank top tha tshowed off my toned arms and a little cleavage, and I had on a pair of short dark blue denim shorts sense it was summer and all.
"HI Goku, Chichi, whos this beautiful young thing" he said staring at my chest as he spoke. Goku noticed this and immediately went into daddy mode. I had ony been his daughter for a week but it seemed like he had always been my father. I loved both of my new parents do much.

"Our Daughter, Kalia" Goku practicly growled at the perverted old man, Roshies eyes nearly doubled in size when he heard the word daughter.

"D D Daughter!? How, when, why…how did you get a daugter we didn't know about" he exclaimed

"they adopted me" I answered simply as dad started in on the story of how I got there. About 20 minutes later, Krillen, Tien, Chousu, Bulma, and yamcha showed up and I was told to go wait inside for a minute so I could make an entrance.

Krillen: hey Goku whats the celebration for

Bulma: yeah, we havent fought anyone yet

Yamcha: whats this big surprise you told us about

Everyone kept askin about what the big surprise was and ehy they were celebrating instead of training since the saiyins would arrive in 8 months. As soonn as everyone had arrived and all had gotten settle goku got up infront of the small group as chichi walked into the house grinning widely.

Goku: Ahem, Everybody, I want you all to meet a very special girl.

Every on looks at Goku with very puzzled expressions and then they see Chichi walk outside with me hesitantly following then Mom grabs my arm and practicly has to drag me up to stand next ot dad.

"every one meet Kalia, our Daughter." Everyones eyes practicly trippled in size there jaws dropped. Bulma silently walked up to Chichi and aske3d her what the HFIL was going on and how she could have a teenage daughter without anyone knowing.ChiChi just cleard her throat so everyone was listening ant told them what happened ant that they had adopted her. After that I was introduced to everyone and we all ate and talked and I was asked to sing since I had told mom and dad thatn I had a great voice. I sang Colors Of The Wind. Everyone was blown away by my voice and asked for another song so I sang Once Upon A December and then everyone started talking some more. I just sat down by dad and listended and then I fell asleep with my head on his shoulder because it was now around 10 pm and I was tired. Soon everyone startd to leave and Goku picked me up in his arms, I snuggled closer to his chest and Chichi looked down lovingly at her new daughter "Goku we better get home, shes had a long day" "yeah, hey Bulma" he asked as she was about to get into her Flying car thingy "yes goku" Would ya mind giving us a ride to our house, Kalia kinda fell asleep and I don't want to wake her up" "of course Goku, hop in, Chichi why don't you sit up front so that goku can sith without waking her up" with that said they all got into the hover car and sped off twards the Sons house. When they got home thye said goodbye to Bulma and Daddy carried me up to my room. Mom pulled the covers of my new lavender sheets aside and dad laid me down gently on my back , I rolled over on my side facing them, with a smile my face as they pulled the covers up to my chin and actually kissed me on the forhead then they went to bed for the night. All three of us content and happy at how well my coming here had worked out.