Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Simple Wish ❯ Chapter Twelve ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I still don't own it.

 

A/N: I updated faster!! Yayness!

 

Chapter Twelve:

Bulma fled from the house, barely even seeing her surroundings as she boarded her Capsule crop. plane and took off. She wasn't even sure which direction she was headed in, all she could think of were the harsh words Vegeta had said to her, to her, his wife. After everything they had gone through together you would think he would at least acknowledge her as part of his life by now; but even that seemed too much for him to give. He hadn't even respected her enough to stick around on their wedding day! It was supposed to be the happiest day of her life but instead it turned out to be one of the worst and from then on her life had steadily worsened. They had a child together for Kami's sake! Why did he have to be like that all the time!

Bulma blinked furiously, tears streaming down her face as she continued on her path.

She knew Vegeta had been reluctant with the idea of marriage but he had never said anything - what did he expect her to do? Go off and marry someone else? Wait for him too decided what the hell it is he wanted?!

Sure, it had been her to bring up the idea of marriage and she had taken the initiative to make all the plans before really confirming it with him but he had stood in front of Dende, in front of all their friends and family, and said yes. Yes to marrying her.

Bulma eyes suddenly filled with tears at her next thought.

Vegeta...Vegeta never said yes.

Bulma burst into tears, sobs racking her body and the plane jerking violently before she hastily set it right. She couldn't believe it, she had been so blind and Vegeta had never said anything, leading her to believe the impossible: That he truly loved her.

B-but then why? Why didn't he say anything?

Bulma thought back to the wedding day; she had been so scared he would say no that she didn't even tell him about their wedding until the day had arrived, and even then it hadn't been her that told him. She had sent Gokou to the other Saiyans room with Vegeta's suit in hand and hoped for the best. Gokou had come back with the promise that Vegeta would be ready soon.

And that had been that. Bulma hadn't told Gokou that Vegeta didn't know about the wedding and he still hadn't looked like he'd known that fact after he had come back.

If Vegeta hadn't wanted to be there, how had Gokou changed his mind?

The aqua-haired woman sobbed disconsolately into the steering wheel barely registering as the plane, once again, weaved dangerously in the sky. How could she have let this happen? Had she been so desperate to marry Vegeta, to hold on to him, that she couldn't see it was hopeless?

But how was she supposed to know it was hopeless? How was she supposed to lose hope and finally give in when Vegeta had shown up to the wedding? If he hadn't wanted too... If he hadn't wanted to be there... She thumped the steering wheel weakly in frustration. If Vegeta hadn't wanted to be at their wedding then what had Gokou said to convince him to go? What had he done? And why would Vegeta have even listened to him? Why would he...

Bulma's thoughts trailed off as the one thing she hadn't been able to figure out, hit her. The wish...the reason Vegeta's feelings towards Gokou had been the ones to become so strong.

Vegeta had feelings for Gokou before the wish.

"Oh Kami..." Bulma half sobbed, her hands shaking so hard the plane jerked once again.

H-how did she not see it before? It was as plain as day. Almost the only words out of her husbands mouth since they had meet had been Kakarotto this and Kakarotto that, everything would always come back to him. Everything, always, whether it was fighting, training, talking, even just living, had somehow become focused on 'Kakarotto'.

How did I not see it! Bulma thought angrily. Vegeta was all but obsessed with the other Saiyan and all the wish was really doing was making a way for him to express those hidden feelings while at the same time augmenting them.

She had struggled so hard not to lose him never realising that she never had him to begin with.

She felt so lost now, if she didn't have Vegeta...

Bulma pulled herself out of her thoughts and for the first time looked at her surroundings realising she was close to home. She navigated her way back to the Capsule crop. building quickly and then, after landing, staggered inside.

-

Gokou avoided Vegeta's eyes and stepped to the side of the kitchen, nervously pulling a pot down from it's hook on the wall and then walked over to the stove, putting the empty pot down on the range.

"Kaka-"

"Vegeta! Could you hand me the small ladle? It's in the second draw!" Gokou said quickly, and began to pour water into the pot.

The ladle slammed into the bench beside Gokou with enough force to dent the wood of the bench and he caught a brief look at Vegeta's expression out of the corner of his eye. He flinched slightly and tightened his jaw, keeping his eyes very firmly on the pot before him as he sprinkled seasonings into it.

"Kakaro-" Vegeta tried again.

"Grab that bag for me, please?" Gokou asked pointing to the plastic bag sitting on the dinner table, effectively stopping whatever Vegeta had been about to say. The bag of vegetables hit him in the back of the head, almost sending him tumbling face-first into the newly boiling pot of water before him.

Gokou righted himself and took the vegetables out of the bag before cutting them up and adding them to the pot, all the while trying to ignore the intense glare Vegeta was sending his way.

"Kakarot-"

"Why don't you go sit down? The food will be ready soon." Gokou interrupted for the third time and without waiting for a reply turned away and continued on with his task.

Vegeta noisily pulled the chair out from the table, scraping it along the floor before slamming it down to face the direction of the kitchen and sat down, crossing his arms over his chest. "We need to talk." He stated, uninterrupted this time.

Gokou froze at the other mans words, his hand tightening around the plate he was holding, "Talk?" He replied his voice slightly uneven.

"Yes." Vegeta said forcefully.

"Ahh..." The taller Saiyan set the dinner plate down on the counter and turned slowly to face Vegeta, "About what?" Gokou asked lightly, trying to look confused.

"'About what'?!" Vegeta snapped, repeating the other mans words - only louder. "What do you think, Kakarotto?!"

"L-listen, Vegeta." Gokou started, looking intently at his hands, "I think it's better if we both sit down and have this meal, t-then we ca-"

"No." Vegeta growled, standing up."We are going to talk now."

Gokou looked up suddenly; it sounded like...like the real Vegeta, "V-Vegeta?" He questioned uncertainly.

The smaller Saiyan sighed, "Kakarotto...I-I don't understand what's going on, one minute you say you love me, the next you won't even look at me..." Vegeta moved the small distance to stand in front of Gokou, taking his hand in his own. "What's going on with you? W-was Bulma telling the truth? Are you under the effects of a wish or wh-"

"No!" Gokou said firmly, staring down at their joint hands, "I-I don't want to talk about it."

"Kakarotto..." Vegeta said warningly.

"A-after dinner!" Gokou insisted, pulling his hands from Vegeta's, "Please. I need... Just...after dinner. Okay?"

Vegeta nodded hesitantly and then returned to the table, setting the chair right and sitting down again.

Gokou sighed in relief and, retrieving the discarded plate from the bench, made his way over to the rice cooker and began to dish rice out in preparation for dinner.

"Do you think Bulma will be okay?" Vegeta asked after a moment.

"Mmhmm..." The taller man said absently, draining the vegetables from the pot.

"What about our boys? Do you think they're okay?"

"Umm...yeah...of course."

"Chi Chi must be awake by now..."

"Yeah, probably."

Vegeta leant forward on the table, resting his chin in his hand as he scrutinized Gokou intently. He kept his tone mild when he spoke however, "Piccilo didn't say much."

"No...he never does."

"And Krillin looked happy to leave."

"Situations like that always make him uncomfortable."

"Are you really under the effects of a wish?"

"No, that's you."

There was a clatter as Gokou suddenly dropped the ladle into the sink, the conversation catching up to him a moment too late.

"Err...I mean...uhmm..."

Vegeta's brow furrowed in confusion. "Me, Kakarotto? I don't understand, I'm not under a wish."

Gokou turned, scratching the back of his head nervously, "You see...well...that is...err...I think we should have dinner." He picked up the plates, balancing two on each arm and walked carefully to the table. "Here." He said, setting the plates down and pushing them in Vegeta's direction before going back for his own.

Vegeta stared at Gokou as he sat down in the chair opposite him, the steam from their plates hiding his expression.

-

Trunks and Goten, keeping out of sight of Krillin, flew through the darkening sky towards Capsule corp.

"Do you think he can see us?" Goten asked.

"I don't think so." Trunks replied, "or else he would have stopped."

"What do you think my Dad meant? When he said he loved your Da-" Goten stopped when he noticed Krillin begin to slow and descend toward the Capsule corp. building. "We're here!"

The demi-Saiyans mimicked Krillins actions and landed not to far behind him, watching as Krillin took in the hazardly-parked plane before heading into the building.

Goten made to follow but was stopped when Trunks stepped in front of him. "Wait," He said cautiously, "we should go in through the back..."

"Yeah." Goten agreed eagerly. "Or we could just go in through that window." He said, pointing up to a wide-open window.

"Y-yeah, we could do that too..."

The two boys took to the air quickly and slipped in the open window, landing on the floor on the other side. Trunks looked around quickly, getting his bearings, and then led Goten out into the hallway, heading for the living room.

Walking silently towards the living room, Trunks paused at the unknown sounds coming from the closed door and turned to Goten. "Do you hear that?" He whispered.

Goten listened hard and nodded when he also heard the strange sounds. "What do you think it is?"

"I dunno..." Trunks replied, taking a few steps forward. "It sounds like...?" He trailed off uncertainly and put his ear to the closed door.

"D-do you reckon your Mum's in there?" The black-haired boy asked, wondering if it was the sound of Bulma crying.

Trunks shrugged, "Let's check..." He slowly turned the door handle, careful not to make a sound as the door opened just enough so that they could both slip through.

The room was dark, the only light coming in from the cracks between the curtains; the pair squinted, trying to see through the semi darkness. When their eyes adjusted they could faintly make out two shapes moving as one on the couch, small agreeable noises emitting from them every few seconds.

Both boys stood frozen in front of the partly open door, not quite understanding what they were witnessing, they stood like that for a good few seconds before the door behind them was thrown open, sending them both face first into the carpet. "Hey!" Said the familiar voice of Krillin, "Why is it so dark in here?" And with that, he turned on the main lights.

Complete and utter silence followed.

Trunks and Goten stayed as still as possible, hoping they were well hidden.

"Krillin!" Yelped the voice of Yamcha, his tone clearly stating he was highly embarrassed. "W-what a-are you doing h-here?" He squeaked.

Krillin stared at the scene he had unintentionally walked in on and blushed deep crimson. "I-I-I..." He stuttered lamely, turning away slightly.

Yamcha on the other hand was doing his level damnedest to hide the woman behind him who was discreetly trying to put her clothes back in order, while the black-haired man in front of her didn't even blink at his own nakedness, seemingly determined to keep her from sight.

"Y-Yamcha...w-wha..." Krillin tried again but to no avail. He looked down at the floor for inspiration and instead almost choked at the sight of Trunks and Goten lying there, their heads buried under their arms.

The shorter man stared down at the two demi Saiyans in shock, what had they seen? Oh Kami, Bulma would be furious if she knew what they had witnessed...but where was she anyway?

Krillin made up his mind and quickly bent down, picking both boys of the floor, "Cover your eyes." He muttered to them.

"Yamcha," He said, his voice firm. "You should take whomever you're hiding and leave. Bulma will be furious when she finds out...poor kids..." He trailed off.

Yamcha's eyes went wide at the sight of the two demi Saiyans, his heart almost leaping into his throat. "W-wha...T-Trunks...G-Gote-"

"Trunks!" Came Bulma's surprised yell from behind him as she tried to see around Yamcha but then, realising what she had done, stopped all movement.

"Mum?" Trunks said hesitantly, peering out one eye.

Krillin looked around franticly, expecting Bulma to come out and yell at him before he thought of where her voice had come from. Krillin dropped both boys. "B-B-Bulma...Y-Yamcha...no...I-I don't...wha..."

Trunks bounced back up and looked incredulously at the tuff of aqua coloured hair behind Yamcha. "Mum! What are you..." The small boy stopped, seemingly to think about the situation.

Goten had already put two and two together and just stared at Trunks for confirmation that he thought the same.

He did.

"B-but...no...Dad..." Trunks quickly composed himself and turned to Goten, "Let's go." He said, his voice betraying his clam exterior. The other boy nodded and the both took off, back the way they had come in.

Krillin shook his head at the situation; "I'll go after them." He said, not looking at either of the rooms occupants as he left.

-

Gokou slowly ate the remains of his rice; almost too well aware of the glare the older Saiyan was sending him. He had no idea how he was going to explain his earlier slip up about Vegeta being under a wish and he was quickly running out of time. What could he say? It looked like he would just have to spill the beans and tell him the truth - something Gokou was not looking forward to; so he ate slowly - really slowly; painfully slowly.

Vegeta, having long since finished his own meal, leant back in his chair, his eyes glinting dangerously at each small bite the other Saiyan took. Gokou couldn't keep it up for much longer, his plate was basically empty already with only enough rice for one small mouthful left; Time to get things cleared up.

"Kaka-" Vegeta begun, leaning forward in his seat.

"I'll do the dishes." Gokou stated, trying unsuccessfully to take Vegeta's plates away.

"No, Kakarotto." The wish bound Saiyan snarled, "I want to know what you meant, 'No, that's you' - what's me?"

"I'll just be a minute, let m-"

"Sit down." Vegeta growled.

Gokou sat down.

"You are going to tell me everything." He continued, "I want to know what the hell is going on!"

Gokou fidgeted under Vegeta's fierce gaze and he knew what he had to do. "Vegeta, I'm not under the effects of any kind of wish," He said, trying to find the right words."I...you see, Trunks and Goten they..." But the right words didn't seem to be coming.

Vegeta leaned closer towards Gokou, his eyebrow raised in question. "Yes?"

Just say it! Gokou thought desperately, just. Bloody. Say it! "You'reundertheeffectsofawishmadebyTrunksandGotenanditmakesyouthinkyoulovee verybodybutreallyyoudon't!" He babbled out in one breath, half of him hoping the other Saiyan hadn't heard him while the other half hoped he had so he wouldn't have to repeat himself.

"..."

Gokou looked up when there was no reply, catching a slightly agitated look on Vegeta's face.

"Is this some sort of a joke Kakarotto?" The prince warned. "Because I'm not laughing."

"Joke?" Gokou repeated, confused.

"Don't you think I would know if what I'm feeling for you was untrue?! Are you that blind as to not see it?"

"I-I..." The taller man tried. But it was true! He was telling the truth! "Vegeta, I'm telling you the trut-"

"Do not lie to me Kakarotto!" Vegeta snapped, "If you doubt my feelings why are you here? With me?" He asked, pushing his chair back and standing up, his hands resting on the table and continued without waiting for a reply. "I have never lied to you, never! I love you! How could you think it was untrue?"

Gokou stared at the other man, not knowing what to say.

"How could you?" Vegeta repeated, softly this time.

"I-I'm sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you but it's the truth..." Gokou looked at Vegeta with sad eyes, "You don't really love me." He said quietly, almost to himself.

The smaller Saiyan slammed his fist into the table, splintering it in two and stalked towards Gokou, kicking what was left of the table out of his way. "Kakarotto, enough! Enough of this...this denial, you've taken it too far this time! You are not in any position to tell me what I do and do not feel. How dare you!" Vegeta was breathing heavily as he towered over the other Saiyan, his eyes narrowed in a powerful glare. "If you're still not ready then just say so! Don't turn it around on me!"

Gokou shrank back under Vegeta's glare and stared at the floor, "I-I'm telling you the truth..." He trailed off as Vegeta made a disgusted sound in the back of his throat before storming out of the dinning area towards the bedroom, the door slamming with a resounding bang.

Gokou shook his head slightly and looked forlornly in the direction of the bedroom; it looked like he'd be sleeping on the couch tonight.

He set about making up his 'bed' and made to take his shirt off then he caught a whiff of himself - he was in desperate need of a shower.

-

Yamcha sat on the edge of the couch, his head in his hands; he couldn't bring himself to look at Bulma, not after what had happened. The black-haired man couldn't even begin to imagine what she was feeling right now, he didn't even know what he was feeling right now.

Guilt.

Okay, maybe he did. How did it even happen? He had been just about to leave Capsule corp. when Bulma had turned up, eyes red and puffy from crying...he had only meant to comfort her, not...not...

"Yamcha?" Bulma's hesitant voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah?" He replied, his voice strained and slightly muffled.

"It's not your fault you know," The aqua-haired woman begun softly. "You didn't make me do anything I didn't want to do, if anyone's to blame...it's me."

Yamcha finally turned to look at her. "Your fault?" He laughed, shaking his head. "No. It takes two to tango." He quoted softly.

Bulma gave him an almost shy smile, "Yeah, yeah it does." She agreed.

-

Gokou sighed as he stepped out of the shower stall and wrapped a towel around his waist; he was feeling more relaxed then he had all day. The refreshed Saiyan shook his head to get rid of the water droplets and stepped forward to exit the bathroom.

"AHHHHH!!" He then took several steps backwards.

Vegeta stood no more than three feet in front of him, his arms crossed over his bare chest and a smirk planted firmly on his face. "Why so shy, Kakarotto?" He asked, amused by the way the younger Saiyan had immediately tried to cover his chest.

"W-What are you doing in here?" Gokou questioned, his voice laced with panic.

Vegeta chuckled lightly, "I thought I'd come and check on you, see if you had changed your mind." He stepped toward Gokou.

The taller Saiyan took another step back. "C-Changed my mind?"

Vegeta nodded slowly, his eyes lingering on other man's lips for a moment before he spoke. "About us."

Gokou blinked, "Uhh...that's...yea...I mean..." He stuttered dumbly.

"Well...what's it to be?" Another step forward.

"...Umm..." Another step back.

"Yes? No?" Another step.

"...err...I..." Gokou took yet another step backwards and tripped, falling against the hard tile wall of the shower stall.

Vegeta grinned before stalking towards him, stopping when their faces were only inches a part. "Made up your mind?" The small Saiyan breathed out before closing in slowly and kissing Gokou lightly, full on the lips.

"...Err...I..." Gokou took yet another step backwards and tripped, staggering until his back was hard against the tile wall of the shower stall.

Vegeta grinned before stalking towards him, stopping when their faces were only inches a part. "Made up your mind?" The small Saiyan breathed out before closing in slowly and kissing Gokou lightly, full on the lips.

"…Mmmm…" Gokou managed to get out and Vegeta pulled back slightly, yet remained close enough that their lips still brushed against each other.

"What was that?" He asked.

Gokou whimpered slightly, low in his throat. His breathing was suddenly coming in short gasps and somehow he had closed his eyes.

Vegeta moved slightly, balancing himself with one hand on the wall near Gokou's head, and lifted his other hand to the taller man's chin, tilting his head onto a more easily accessible angle. Then he kissed him again.

Gokou suddenly felt as if his entire universe was centred in his lips; his world ground to a halt as his focus narrowed down to concentrate on the feeling of lips moving gently against his.

By the time Vegeta pulled away again, Gokou's lungs were close to bursting with his desperate need for air and he was muzzily surprised that his legs could still support him, even with the wall at his back helping to keep him upright.

Vegeta's fingers caressed Gokou lightly along the chin, and then suddenly he pulled away, standing upright with a slight smirk on his face, "I think I've made my point." He said lightly as Gokou blinked at him.

"...Uh-huh..." The taller Saiyan murmured trying to collect his thoughts.

"Now," Vegeta said, pulling Gokou away from the wall and giving him a slight push towards the door, "get out."

Gokou stumbled before regaining his footing and turned to stare at the other Saiyan, "Wh-" He stopped suddenly as Vegeta's black track pants came flying out of the stall barely missing his head.

Gokou almost ran from the room.

 

--------------------------------------

 

E nd A/N: Okay, another chapter done. I'm really trying to finish this but there's still so much to write! Grrr!! I don't even know how I'm gonna end this now, I have an idea of what it is but it's not certain...the ending just keeps changing!! Right, anyway...

R&R Please!

Justice-hime