Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Simple Wish ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.

Warnings: Eh-heh… I forgot to put warnings up in the first two chapters. This fik contains. Dun dun duuuun: Slight Shounen-ai hints which just so happens to mean male/male situations. You no like that then… I'm really surprised you got this far into the fik, Congratz!

Also: OOC, Squick, and Fluff.

Author's note: O_O you all like it that much?! Great! A little plot development in this chapter (Yes this fik does actually have a plot) and keep the reviews coming - they're working great to keep me on track with this fik! And ^_^V I know I'm being mean to Vegeta-sama… but it's all in good cause! …Maybe… sure it is… heh

Chapter three:

Vegeta paced from his bed to the door, shaking it again before wandering back.

"Kakorotto…"

Kakorotto, why did you leave me? Did I offend you? Do you not realise the strength of my love for you? How can I prove myself - what can I do?

Sitting on the end of the bed he propped his elbows on his knees and let his hands hang between them.

He couldn't get out of the room, he'd tried everything he could think of but whatever had been done to it had been strengthened since his escape earlier. Why had Kakorotto tricked him in here? He'd thought the other Saiyan had felt the same way when he'd returned the hug Vegeta had given him, was it truly just a lie to capture him?

"Kakorotto…"

Vegeta closed his eyes and let his head hang lower. Kakorotto was such a magnificent man. So many things enticed the prince but it was mostly his eyes. They were beautiful eyes, warrior's eyes. In battle they reflected the true nature of a Saiyan, the will to fight, the will to win. They came alive, they sang, they held power.

Kakorotto…why…why… A brief cloud passed over the Saiyan's eyes and his expression flickered slightly. Why? Why was he thinking about Kakorotto like this? His rival? His enemy? …His love.

So strong and so powerful, like all Saiyan's. Kakorotto had passed that strength onto his son's. His son's… Gohan…

Why wouldn't Gohan come save him from the confinement of this room? His love… His life.

Shooting to his feet, Vegeta strode to the door again and began to shake it.

"Damn you! Let me out! Gohan!"

*==*

"Gohan!!"

Everyone outside stared at the door blankly.

"M…me?!" Gohan squeaked, "Why's he yelling for me?!"

The door shuddered again followed by Vegeta's pleading voice, "Gohan! Gohan; please let me out!"

"Ahhh…" Gohan backed away from the door waving his hands before him in a warding gesture, "D…Dad? Why me?!"

"Looks like you're his latest interest." Yamcha laughed, "Better watch your self, Gohan."

"Come on guys." Gokou interrupted and gestured down the hallway, "We need to think of something."

*=+=*

"Gee, Trunks. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean…" Goten's apology was cut off.

"Man! He was so embarrassing! What should we do? What can we do?!" Trunks was beginning to sound a little hysterical, "I just wanted them to be happy! Poor mum… She's gonna be so mad at me when she finds me."

"Mm-hmmm…" Goten agreed and nodded, "I can't believe your Dad was doing that to my dad…"

The two boys sat in silence till Trunks finally sighed, "Come on, Goten. We better go back…"

Goten nodded and the two boys took to the air, heading in the direction of Capsule corp.

*=+=*

"Gokou!" Chichi leaned over a pile of empty dishes that the Saiyan had scraped clean, "How can you eat at a time like this?!"

Gokou paused in his demolishment of yet another bowl of food and his eyes suddenly went wide, "You're right! Vegeta must be starving by now! I'll take hi…"

"Oh no you won't!" Bulma interrupted, "Someone else can take it."

"Well," Krillin stated, sitting back in his seat, "I'm not going too."

"Me either." Yamcha said, "Send Gohan."

"Not my Gohan!" Chichi said sternly before Gohan, himself, could protest.

"I'll…" Gokou tried again but was ignored.

"Just do it!" Bulma snapped and pushed a tray into Gohan's hands and shoved him out the door.

Gohan walked cautiously down the hallway, towards the room that held the Saiyan prince, while trying to figure out how he'd ended up being volunteered for this.

Reaching the door he hesitated then took a deep breath and pushed it open.

To Gohan's puzzled delight, Vegeta was nowhere to be seen.

Smirking to himself, Gohan walked across the room to the table, checking for signs of the Saiyan as he went.

Putting the tray down, he noticed a flash of colour out of the corner of his eye and spun around in time to see the door slam shut.

"Ahhh!" Gohan jumped towards the door and then backed up quickly, "Ve…Vegeta! So…ahhh… That's where you…ahhh…went."

Vegeta walked slowly towards an anxious looking Gohan and then, with a quick flash, attached himself to the young man. "I knew you'd come for me!"

Gohan squealed indignantly, trying to get out of the smaller man's iron grip, "Dad!! Da..!?" Gohan's cry for help was cut short as he realised the man was suddenly in the room, peeling Vegeta off of his son and grinning vapidly.

Gohan sighed in relief then began to edge towards the door breaking out into a full run within seconds.

Wrestling the struggling prince to the floor, Gokou belatedly noticed that Vegeta had a sly smile curling up the edges of his lips.

"Take me, Kakorotto." The Saiyan suddenly relaxed in Gokou's arms and pinned him with a challenging glare.

Gokou stared at Vegeta speechless; unable to form a coherent thought even as the man suddenly took the initiative and leaned up, brushing his lips across Gokou's.

"Gokou! What on earth are you doing to my husband?" Bulma had walked in the still partly open door, unnoticed by the two Saiyan's, and startled them with her exclamation.

Gokou jerked his head away from Vegeta's and looked up at Bulma with round eyes, "Wh…me? No! Bulma, you've got it all wrong!"

"Get. Off. Him." Bulma growled and Gokou scrambled to his feet, running his hand through his hair nervously.

"Bulma…" Gokou tried again, "It's not what you…"

Gokou stopped in mid-sentence as Vegeta, completely oblivious to the fuming woman in the doorway, put his hands firmly on Gokou's shoulders.

"Kakorotto," he growled dangerously, pushing against the man's shoulders and forcing him back towards the bed, "I won't allow you to be distracted. You look at me, Kakorotto. And only me."

"Vegeta… Vegeta?" Bulma's voice broke as tears sprang to her eyes. Heartbroken she backed out of the doorway and then fled down the hallway, brushing passed her alarmed friends without pausing.

"Bul…ma?" Chichi stared as the distressed woman went passed.

"What on earth happened down there?" Yamcha peered back the way Bulma had come running.

"I don't know. Mum? Where are you go…?"

"I'm going to see what happened!" Chichi stated briskly and stormed down the hallway, stopping only when she reached Vegeta's open bedroom door.

"Vegeta?! Go…kou?" Chichi's voice turned faint on the last syllable of her husbands name then she crumpled to the floor in a dead faint; the sight of her husband being pinned to the bed by Vegeta to much for her.

*=*

"Vegeta!" Gokou exclaimed, not even noticing his unconscious wife in the doorway.

"Oh, Kakorotto…"

Gokou's voice turned slightly frantic, "Vegeta! Get off!!"

The smaller Saiyan growled, "Don't you dare raise your voice to me!" Then he suddenly changed tactics. "Don't you love me, Kakorotto?"

"Err…ahh…?" Gokou's answer turned into a hysterical laugh in an attempt to avoid the man's question.

"Kako…" Vegeta's warning growl broke off as he suddenly collapsed in Gokou's arms. Unconscious.

"Ve…Vegeta?" Gokou queried hesitantly then focused on the tall Namekian looming over the bed.

"Gokou, this is no time to be playing around!"

"Play…playing around?! No… No! He was… I mean we…well we were... It's not…!"

"I don't care what you two were doing, Gokou."

"But we…" Gokou stopped and sighed, deciding Piccilo wouldn't understand and simply moved out from under the unconscious Vegeta, gently settling him on the bed. "You didn't have to knock him out again, you know." His voice betrayed his resentment at the action.

"It was the best option." Piccilo stated expressionlessly.

Gokou sighed and turned from his contemplation of the man in the bed and finally noticed the woman lying in the doorway, "Chichi? What happened to her?" he said in surprise.

"My guess would be she walked in on you and Vegeta…"

"Piccilo! We weren't… Oh never mind." Gokou gave up and walked passed Piccilo to get Chichi off of the floor.

*==*

"Hey! Trunks, isn't that Videl?"

Goten and Trunks had finally reached Capsule corp. and were getting ready to land at the site of the now dead wedding party.

"Ahh… Yeah."

"Videl!" Goten shouted as they approached and the girl leapt to her feet immediately.

"Where have you two been?" Videl asked in concern as they landed a few feet from her.

"Ahhh… Around." Trunks replied slowly and dig his toe into the dirt at his feet.

"I see." Videl's hands found their way to her hips, "Well, everyone's gone up to the lookout to see if Dende knows anything that'll help your dad."

Both the boys' shoulders slumped in relief at the words and the girl continued.

"But they've asked me to take you up there as soon as you come back."

And the tension came back.

"Do we have too?" Trunks whined and Videl nodded firmly.

"Yes, now come on."

*==*

"Gokou… No, Gokou!"

"Look! She's coming around."

"Chichi? Chichi, are you alright? It's me, Yamcha."

"Gokou…no…"

There was a pause.

"Gokou." Yamcha said carefully, "What exactly happened down there?"

"Wh…what?" Gokou's eyes were round, "What do you mean…?"

"You know how over reactive and emotional Chichi is, Yamcha." Piccilo interrupted shooting Gokou a meaningful look that clearly said I'm saving your arse. You owe me. "It wasn't anything important, she simply fainted."

"Yeah… I guess." Yamcha conceded.

"Wh…why don't you get her a glass of water." Gokou suggested quickly changing the subject.

Yamcha nodded and disappeared, his position immediately taken up by Gohan.

"Mum, are you alright?"

Chichi slowly opened her eyes and blinked up at her oldest son, "Gohan… Where… Where's Gokou?"

"I'm right here, Chichi." Gokou said, leaning into his wives line of sight.

"I thought I saw you…you…"

"Shhh... Chichi, you're still weary. Just lay back and relax."

"But I feel…"

"No, no, Chichi." Gokou turned as Yamcha came back into the room and grabbed the glass of water from his hand, thrusting it at Chichi, "Here, drink this."

--

That Gokou, what was he thinking taking advantage of Vegeta like that?! If Vegeta were in his right mind he would have never…

Bulma's thoughts were interrupted as two figures dropped down to the ground in front of her then, a moment later, a third.

"Videl? Trunks! Goten! So there you two are!"

"Ahhh hi, Mum…" Trunks said nervously

"Hey Bulma! Any luck with Vegeta?" Videl chirped.

"No." Bulma sighed, her attention diverted temporarily from the lecture she'd been about to give her son. "Dende couldn't help us."

"Oh no. What can we do then?"

"We can't do anything except wait out the year and then re-find the Dragonballs."

"What?! A year?!"

--

"Do you think they saw us, Trunks?"

"I don't think so, Goten. But we'd better find somewhere to hide before they notice we gon…errr"

The two runaway boys came to an abrupt halt in the hallway.

"Hey you two!" Trunks stepped away from the figure blocking their path nervously but Goten raced straight passed him.

"Daddy!"

"Hey, son. How long have you two been here?" Gokou asked and rubbed the top of Goten's head.

"Not long…"

"Trunks!" Bulma appeared in the hallway and marched over to the small group. "I'm not finished with you yet, young man. What on earth were you thinking, running off and making that wish?"

"uhmm… Bulma…?"

"Do you have any idea what trouble you've caused?!"

"Bul…"

Goten stopped talking as Bulma's eyes fixed on him.

"And as for you, mister!"

"Hey. Come on, Bulma." Gokou laughed, "They're just kids."

Gokou blinked as suddenly, Bulma was staring at him furiously from barely an inch beyond his nose.

"Don't even get me started on you, Gokou!"

"M-me?! W-What do you mean? I didn't do anything. I didn't, I wouldn't - I mean, I have no idea what you're talking about…"

"Dad…" Goten interrupted, "She's gone…"

Gokou paused in the act of rubbing the back of his head nervously and stared around, "Gone? Woooo! She is." he said before breaking into a nervous laugh.

"Ahhh… Goten? Is your dad alright…?"

--

"Where did dad go?" Gohan asked walking out of the room his mother was resting in and looking around.

"He said he was hungry." Yamcha said, "He's probably off clearing out the kitchen…" Yamcha trailed off as the door opened and Gokou walked in, Goten and Trunks following behind him. "…Or not."

"Look who I found!" Gokou said cheerfully.

"Hey you two. You're pretty brave to come up here." Yamcha laughed and leaned back in his chair. "You just wait till Bulma and Chichi catch up with you."

"Bulma's already seen them." Gokou said. "In fact," he scratched the back of his head, "she didn't really stay around all that long to be hard on them…"

"Well." Krillin laughed. "I don't think Chichi will let them away with it all that easily."

"Gokou." Piccilo interrupted the conversation and gestured for Gokou to following him to the far side of the room.

"Huh? Okay." Gokou made his way to Piccilo and looked at him questioningly.

"Do you think this is a good place for the kids to be?" Piccilo began quietly, "With Vegeta the way he is there could be trouble…"

Gokou stared at Piccilo for a moment then nodded quickly, "You're right. But if everyone's up here then where could they go? No wait; Bulma's parents could take them. Piccilo could you…?"

--

"Uhmm… Piccilo? Where exactly are we going?"

"Yeah, Piccilo. Where?

Why did I have to do this?

Piccilo bit back a sigh and growled his answer; "I'm taking you back to Capsule Corp."

"Aww man! It's boring there, and I wanna see my Dad!"

"NO!" Piccilo turned to face the two boys quickly then took a steadying breath, "I mean, no. I have things to do so let's go."

Both boys suddenly stopped walking.

"Can we eat first?"

Why me?

*--*

"Right!" Bulma marched into the room startling the occupants, and planted her hands firmly on the table, "Here's what we do…"

--

The group sat in stunned silence for a moment after Bulma finished explaining her plan then finally Krillin spoke up.

"And we have to do that for an entire year?!"

"Yes."

"How exactly?" Yamcha challenged.

"We each take turns at watching him. For about a month each."

"A month!?"

"Okay…" Bulma conceded, "A week. But no matter what, guys, we can't let him out. I don't even want to imagine what would happen."

"No." Krillin crossed his arms over his chest, "I'm not going anywhere near him. Not even for a minute!"

"Me either!" Yamcha agreed.

"You guys! We have to do something!" Bulma clutched her hands into fists and glared.

"I'm not doing that." Krillin insisted.

"Fine!" Bulma exploded, "You guys think of something! And when he's out seducing the greater part of the human race you'll be the ones Vegeta can thank when we've undone the wish!"

"Bulma's right you guys." Gokou broke in, "We can't just leave Vegeta alone for the year. We have to watch him."

Krillin and Yamcha looked at each other then Krillin spoke.

"Okay… But we shouldn't be alone with him either. We should pair up and take shifts."

Gokou grinned, "Great! So we'll just…"

"Gokou!" Chichi glared at her husband from where she'd entered the room while they were talking, "I, for one, am not taking part in this ridiculous plan!"

"But Chichi…"

"No!"

"But you could…"

"No, Gokou. I'm going home!"

Gokou sat down heavily in a chair and, resting his elbow on his knee, put his chin in his hand, "Then we don't have enough people to all be paired."

"Paired for what?!" A muffled voice came from behind Chichi and everyone's eyes fixed on Trunks, his mouth full of food.

"Trunks? What are you still doing here?" Gokou asked in surprise, looking around for Piccilo.

"Me and Goten wanted to wait ti…" Trunks began, but was cut off by Chichi.

"Goten?! Goten's here? Gokou! Why didn't you say so?!" The woman glared at her husband murderously.

"Uhhh… Well I guess it slipped my mind."

Chichi growled, "While I'm taking him home! And Trunks too, this is no place for children!"

"Chichi?" Bulma broke in as the woman began to exit the room, "How are you planning on getting back?"

Chichi paused for a moment then glared over her shoulder, "You're taking us! After all, Trunks is your son. You need to make sure he's safely home."

"What?!" Bulma exclaimed then nodded shortly, "You're right. You guys sort out the pairings." She glared at the men, "Have it done by the time I get back, I won't have any excuses as to why it's not done."

Dragging Trunks behind them, the women marched out of the silent room, slamming the door behind them.

"So…" Krillin began after a moment and stared blankly at the others.

"How do we do this?" Gohan began ticking off his fingers, "There's me, dad, Krillin, Yamcha, Mr. Popo, Dende, and Bulma."

"What about me?" Gohan jumped slightly in surprise as Videl entered the room behind him, smiling.

"V..Videl? Ahhh… What are you doing here? I mean I'm glad but.. uhmmm… I mean…" Gohan stuttered.

"I thought I could help." Videl stared around the room and met with a few nods.

"Oh.. oh sure."

"Gohan." Piccilo said from where he had appeared in the doorway behind Videl, "I can take some shifts too."

"Piccilo!! Great! So there's Me, dad…"

"Why don't we just put names into a hat?" Dende suggested, cutting off Gohan's name repetition.

"Good idea. You do it Dende, so no one can complain."

Moments later the group sat nervously as Dende pulled pieces of paper out of a hat, laying them on the table in pairs.

"Done." He declared finally setting the hat down on a clear part of the table and looking down at the selections.

"Gohan, you're with Videl. Yamcha is with Bulma, Krillin with Piccilo, I'm with Mr. Popo and, uhmm… Gokou. You're by yourself." Dende finished anxiously.

"No, that's alright, Dende." Gokou laughed ignoring the speculative look Piccilo aimed at him, "I think I can handle Vegeta. So, who wants the first shift?"

"Well, Bulma isn't here," Yamcha said smirking, "so I guess that counts me out."

Gokou shrugged and turned to his son. "How about you and Videl?"

"Ahhh… sure…" Gohan said slowly trying to hide his trepidation.

"Oh! Come on, Gohan." Videl said and jumped to her feet. "He can't be that bad."

Around her the room went quiet and Videl looked from face to face, "Wha…what? What is it?" No one would look her in the eye.

"Go…Gohan? Come on! He can't be the bad. …can he?"

"Just be on your guard is all." Gohan said finally then led her out the doorway to take the first shift.

*-*

"Okay, Videl. Ready?"

"Y…yeah…" I think…

Gohan reached for the door handle of Vegeta's bedroom and turned it, attempting not to make a sound, then slowly pushed it open a crack and peered through. He couldn't see Vegeta anywhere. Not good.

Hesitantly he pushed it open a little bit more and took in more of the room. Still no sign.

Extemporaneously the door flew the rest of the way open and Vegeta stood in the doorway, smugly grinning at Gohan.

"Gohan! I knew you'd come ba…!" As Vegeta launched himself at the young man, Gohan's instincts kicked in and he jumped away from the Saiyan prince, pulling on the door to shut it behind him. He'd barely gotten the door half closed though, when it met with something hard and sprung out of his sweaty grip, swinging back to bang against the wall.

Gohan turned back to the room hesitantly and stared in dismay at the body sprawled out unconscious in the doorway, a large bump growing on his forehead.

"Ahhh… Ve…Vegeta?"

*==*

End Chapter Three.

R&R!!

Author's endnote: On the pairings for the shifts. They may seem tweaked but, oddly, I actually picked the names out of a hat myself and that's how they ended up. Even Gokou being the last name - It wasn't intentional but it works out great in the end, ne?

~Justice-hime