Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Against All Odds ❯ Damn Regen Tanks ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Don't own it.

Chapter Two:

Damn Regen Tanks

Primus was definitely a rough and ready base. The warriors stationed there believed in might makes right, which is why the lab was abandoned in the first place. The previous scientists could not cope with the rowdy men. Within hours of arriving Bulma outfitted herself and her people with ki zappers.

The principle was simple. When the tip touched a person it would draw their ki out of them, recycling it, then sending it back into the person like a large electric jolt. The larger the ki of the person the larger the jolt. If placed correctly, it could kill them.

In fact within the first two days a lonely soldier decided that Bulma would be a tasty treat. He was found in the hall outside her lab door, where her people had dragged his carcass. His body was twisted horribly and his face was a mask of pain. He served his purpose to warn the other vultures away and she was left in relative peace.

Upon her arrival she quickly ascertained that Prince Vegeta was not on the base, but away on a purge mission. He was not scheduled to be back for another month but this did not bother her greatly. Zarbon had just contacted her with news that Frieza had been called away to the outer rim of his domain and would be away for at least a year. Within thirty-five days he would be out of communication range with Primus. This unexpected information was perfect. If Frieza had any spies planted here they would not be able to report to him for the next year. Everything was falling into place.

The month passed quickly for her. It takes a lot of time to unpack a lab and get it upgraded to the anal scientist's satisfaction. Bulma was retrofitting a DNA compositor when Jace, her most trusted assistant, walked in.

"He's here." No explanation was needed to who he was.

"He's injured and has been taken to a regen tank." She nodded and Jace moved away to work on another project.

She finished up what she was doing and grabbed her tools, telling the rest of the staff that she was going to work on the regeneration tanks. When they arrived they had found the tanks to be in woeful disrepair and they had been steadily putting them back in order. It was just an excuse though. She was dreadfully curious about the Monkey Prince and wanted the opportunity to examine him when he wasn't looking.

She sauntered into the regen room, her tool box swinging from her grasp, gray overalls zipped up over her clothes to protect them. She put her tool box down next to the tank that she was planning on working on and then moved to stand in front of the tank that housed the prince.

As she moved closer she was able to make out the chiseled features of the man who floated in the murky blue fluid. She gasped at the sight. He really was quite handsome. His inky hair floated around his shoulders and his firm lips looked utterly kissable. He had high cheekbones and an arrogant nose. His body was cut and lean and he was completely naked. Her blush spread across her face and she quickly turned away to work on the tank she had set her tool box next too.

Years of hardship had honed Vegeta's instincts to a fine edge. Most would have succumbed to the drifting cloud of contentment that encases you when in the regen tank, he however was acutely aware that this was when he was most vulnerable. So when an unfamiliar ki entered the room he was instantly aware of it. He lifted his thick lashes just enough so he could see the intruder without them knowing it.

A blue-haired woman dressed in a gray jumpsuit moved over to one of the tanks to set down her tool box. She obviously had a techy look about her, but he had never seen her before and as far as he knew there weren't any scientists on the base. Which only meant that this had to be some sort of trap.

She turned and walked over to stand in front of him and he readied a mental shout to Nappa if she proved to be dangerous.

Her eyes roved over his face taking in every detail until finally trailing down his body. He had to fight the urge to smirk when her face flamed red as she realized that he was naked. She quickly turned on her heel and stalked over to her tool box. She began to tear apart the empty tank and for all intents and purposes she seemed to be there to repair it. Perhaps some changes in personnel had occurred when he was away.

After watching her closely for about an hour he was satisfied that she didn't have any murderous intentions toward him and he relaxed in the blue fluid. Another hour had passed when another ki entered the room and Vegeta became dangerously alarmed.

It was Raja, a Raiken who had taken a dislike to Vegeta when he had first arrived. It didn't help that the prince had beaten him bloody for crossing in front of him while he was striding down the corridor. The Prince did not like being cut off.

Raja had a sly look on his face that did not bode well for him. Vegeta darted a look over to the Onna, but she was nowhere in sight, although he could still feel her ki.

Raja walked up to the control panel on the tank and flipped it open. The programming on a regen tank could be altered to damage the victim inside, instead of healing them and there was no doubt in Vegeta's mind that this is what Raja was doing. He instantly set off a mental alarm to Nappa, cursing the fact that he was paralyzed by the healing fluid and could not move to protect himself.

The Onna chose that moment to circle around to the front of the tank she was working on. She caught sight of Raja and a thunderous expression formed on her features. She began to advance on him while saying something to the warrior.

Stupid woman

She was going to get herself killed. She should have stayed hidden. Raja rounded on her, slapping her with a forceful backhand that was sure to have busted her cheek bone and sent her flying back into the empty regen tank. She crashed through the window landing inside the tank as broken glass showered down on her.

Raja turned back to the panel and he must have punched in the code to speed up the process because Vegeta started to feel light headed.

Nappa's groggy reply sounded in his head. "What is the matter Prince Vegeta?"

"Get your lazy ass down to the regen room. Raja is trying to kill me." He snarled ferociously.

Nappa growled angrily and he could hear him calling to Raddiz.

The Onna was slowly picking herself up, her body covered with numerous cuts and she was bleeding profusely. She stumbled toward Raja and Vegeta wanted to growl at her stupidity. Why she even cared he didn't know.

Raja grabbed her around the neck hoisting her up above the ground so Vegeta had a clear view of her blood-stained back. He could see that her jumpsuit was quickly turning dark red and she was losing dangerous amounts of blood.

He watched as she reached a small hand behind her, her fingers wrapping around a shard of glass that he hadn't seen protruding from her back. Before his stunned eyes she began to pull inch after inch out of her back, until she had a six inch bloody shard in her hand.

Her arm whipped around in front of her and she was suddenly dropped to the ground. Without her obstructing his view, he could see Raja was now grabbing his bleeding forearm where she had skewered it with the shard.

Quick as a cat, the Onna jumped at the distracted warrior producing a small wand like object and sticking him with it in the neck. Raja began to convulse violently and he collapsed on the ground. Eventually, Vegeta felt Raja's ki extinguish as his life force left his body.

Vegeta was in awe. This woman with a nearly negligible ki had killed a warrior. Granted a pathetically weak warrior, but stronger than her nonetheless.

He nearly jumped out of his skin when a bloody palm slid along the glass. The Onna pulled herself up to a standing position leaning heavily against his tank. Her forehead fell against the glass as she panted with the strain.

Her startling blue eyes opened to meet his emotionless onyx ones through the murky fluid. His vision began to swim as she moved over to the control panel. She had just completed reversing the damage that Raja had dealt when Nappa burst into the room.

He instantly spun her around intent on snapping her neck.

"Stop you fool." Vegeta roared telepathically at the large man.

Nappa hesitated, the woman still trapped in his meaty fists.

"She saved me." Vegeta stated quietly.

Nappa released her and stepped back. She rubbed her neck while stumbling over to a working regen tank. Through a muffled distance he could hear her speak using Nappa's ears as a conduit.

"You fool. He could have been killed while you were jacking off. Where were you? I thought you were supposed to be his bodyguard, but apparently you are just a dumbass." She began programming the tank to accept a patient, still scolding Nappa. "Why don't you make yourself useful and get rid of the body."

Vegeta could hear Nappa's growling and see his fists clenching with anger. He could tell that the warrior was getting ready to attack her.

"Knock it off and do what she says. She's right, I could have died." Vegeta hissed.

Nappa dropped his head and began to form a ki ball to disintegrate the body. Vegeta watched as the Onna stripped off her clothes and stepped into the tank. Her ki dangerously low.

Later after he climbed out of the tank and was dressed he walked over to stare at the Onna. She was very beautiful with oceanic hair and porcelain skin. She had firm breasts and a narrow waist that flared out to rounded hips that tapered down to long legs. He smirked to himself as he spun on his heel and left the room.

It took Bulma a couple of days before she was ready to venture out of her lab. It really was intimidating to be almost killed. Jace told her that she was getting quite a reputation among the warriors. Two of them had perished by her hand in less than a month and it made the men nervous.

She doubted that Vegeta or Nappa had told anyone what happened in the regen room, which meant that there had to be security cameras. She figured there were, but this just confirmed it.

When she first set up her area she had done a thorough sweep of her quarters and lab, removing all listening devices and visual surveillance equipment. If asked she was prepared to say that her work was top secret and she could not afford it to be recorded and possibly stolen. No one came to ask, but at least now she knew that someone was watching.

She didn't approach Vegeta for several more days, feeling that it would be better for him to ferret out any information about her if he wanted it. Her arrival had put the base in an uproar and she was counting on the rumors to peek his interest in her.

She was working late in her lab one night when a rumbling in her stomach reminded her that she had skipped dinner. She cleaned up her work station an left the lab, hoping that the mess hall was still open so she could get a snack.

She made her way down the darkened corridor, foolishly not paying attention to her surroundings because she was still mentally wrangling a particularly difficult mathematical computation.

Suddenly, she was yanked into an inlet off the hallway and roughly slammed up against the wall. A foul smell assailed her nose as someone began to assault her. She desperately reached for her ki zapper, but fear rose quickly within her when her attacker carelessly knocked it out of her hand. She would have screamed if she thought it would help her but she seriously doubt it would. If someone did hear her, she knew that they would not interfere.

She began to struggle valiantly but in her heart she knew she could not win. In the end she knew that she would just have to bear it and pray that he didn't kill her when it was over.

Vegeta strode down the hall on his way to his rooms after coming from his intense work out. He could hear the sounds of a struggle to his left, but he ignored it. It was none of his business if some foolish woman got herself raped.

As he passed the inlet a small object skittered in front of him. As he glanced down he recognized it as the wand like object the Onna had used against Raja. He paused a moment and felt out the ki's in the area. The woman being attacked in the dark inlet was definitely the blue haired onna.

He almost continued on his way, but then he remembered that he owed her a debt. When his life was in danger she did not hide or walk away. He sighed deeply, it disturbed him that he felt compelled to repay her.

Refusing to turn and look at them, he negligently raised his hand and shot a ki blast through the man's heart, being sure to miss the Onna. The attacker slumped down to the ground and he could see the Onna's pale face from the corner of his eye. He did not turn to face her.

"Thank you." She whispered shakily.

"Hn." He grunted before walking off.

The next day Bulma gathered her courage around her. This was her day of reckoning. One of three things could happen. Vegeta could accept her proposal, turn her down flat or turn her over to Frieza.

Taking a deep breath she made her way to his quarters and chimed the bell. The doors slid open to reveal an annoyed prince and they just as quickly closed in her face.

What a beast. Didn't he have any manners?

She sat outside his door knocking and ringing the bell for ten minutes before finally giving up and stalking off to her rooms. The next day he left the base for another purge mission while Bulma fumed in her lab.