Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Decisions ❯ One Good Decision ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bulma felt horrible. She knew Yamcha was an abusive boyfriend, but she was so stubbornly set on reforming him. She waited about 2 hours before calling him up.

"Hello?"

"Yamcha?"

"Oh, great. Care to rub it in? Go ahead! Hey, here's an idea: leave the phone on the nightstand while you two make love again!"

"Yamcha, don't be like this."

"How the hell am I supposed to act? My girlfriend had sex with another guy behind my back!"

"We were not a couple then. The moment you hit me, we were over."

The line went silent.

"You still there, Yamcha?"

"Yeah."

"Listen, I want to remain friends, can we do that?"

"I don't know, Bulma. I don't know." There was a click and the line went dead. Bulma replaced the phone and went upstairs. In her room, she picked up her favorite picture of Yamcha that sat on her nightstand and thought.

*****

Yamcha decided to go to the batting cages at the stadium to think things out. Once there, he used his player's pass and put on his helmet. He had hit a whole basket before Bulma showed up.

"What do you want?"

"To talk."

"What is there to talk about, you slept with Vegeta, you'll be with him forever. End-of-story."

"That doesn't have to be the end." Yamcha hit a ball so hard, that it hit the cage and made it shake loudly. "I know there's no hope for us anymore, but I still want to be friends."

"Phe, yeah."

"I do! I'll help you through AA, but just as a friend."

"Yeah, I have been a total jackass lately. I do have to quit drinking, but it's no excuse for you sleeping with that slime ball!"

"Yamcha, if you got to know him, you'd realize he isn't a slime ball."

"Yeah, well tell that to all those people he killed when he was a saiyan warrior!"

Bulma was silent, the sudden outburst hit her like a knife to her heart. The man she used to love, a star baseball player and an all-around great guy, just dissed her new boyfriend! She couldn't believe it! She stood there, slowly lowering her head as Yamcha hit a few more balls into the cage. He stopped and turned back to see her crying quietly. He walked out of the cage, removing his helmet and set it on the bar. He dropped his bat and turned her to him.

"Bulma, listen, I'm so sorry I said that. You know I didn't mean it, I'm just really mad right now. Not at you, not at Vegeta, but at myself." He wrapped his arms around her and drew her close to him. "You know that I love you, and I only want what's best for you. I guess I've decided that I'm not what's best for you. If you think Vegeta is, you go for it, okay? I'm sorry I ever started drinking."

Bulma sobbed for a while in Yamcha's arms. He heard a strange noise from the entrance and looked up to see a rather short, spiky-haired guy walking out of the stadium, his eyes fixed directly in front of him. "Vegeta?" Bulma turned at the sound of his name, and caught a glimpse of the man walking out of the stadium. She pushed away from Yamcha's arms and ran towards the saiyan man. Yamcha stood alone and forgotten once more.

******end chapter 3