Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Decisions ❯ Last Night ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yamcha woke up on his couch the next morning, his head pounding. He thought back to the night before. He remembered only a few things. The bar, the fight with Bulma, oh, Dende, he had hit her. But what had happened after that? Vegeta. He had made him leave her house. That pissy excuse for a saiyan had thrown him out of his girlfriend's home. He couldn't remember anything else. He took some aspirin and got into his car. He had to talk to Bulma and apologize for hitting her last night.

*****

Mrs. Briefs sat at the kitchen table sipping on her tea when there was a knock on the door. She answered to reveal Yamcha, looking like he had just gone through the wash cycle.

"Hey, Mrs. B. Is Bulma home?"

"Yeah, she hasn't gotten out of bed yet. It's not like her to sleep in so late. Say, why don't you go wake her up. She has a meeting at 1 anyway."

"Sure thing!" He walked up the stairs and paused at Bulma's room. He had a bad case of déjà vu as he stood near the door. He knocked softly on the door.

Bulma woke to a soft knocking on her door. She pulled the sheet around her naked chest and sighed. Was last night a dream? She rolled over and saw Vegeta sleeping soundly beside her. Nope, no dream, just pure ecstasy. The knocking turned into a voice. "Bulma, baby, you up?"

Oh crap, it was Yamcha. Hopefully, he was too drunk last night to remember it. She climbed out of bed and thought of how the usually strict- minded trainer had taken the morning off. He deserved it, though. "Yeah, Yamcha, I'll be right out."

"Can I come in?"

"No! I mean, no, babe, I'll be down."

"Alright."

Bulma let go of a breath she didn't know she was holding. That was close. Vegeta stirred in his sleep, so she decided to go and take her shower. She turned on the water and stepped in when she heard a noise. "Vegeta?" The sound relinquished, and she turned her attention to the warm water running through her hair. She felt a cold draft and realized that the shower door was open. She looked and there he stood. He smirked in a new, sexier way. She liked it better than the old smirk. "Good morning." Bulma smiled. He stepped into the shower and closed the door behind him.


Yamcha accepted the cup of tea Mrs. Briefs offered him. He had it half- done by the time Vegeta walked past him, obviously on his way to the gravity room. Yamcha smiled at him, knowing he would get a scowl in return. But Vegeta didn't scowl, in fact, he smiled at the human. Yamcha was taken aback. Bulma followed Vegeta down the stairs and sat in her usual chair next to Yamcha. Knowing better than to stay when these two were together, Mrs. Briefs left to find her husband in the recesses of his vast lab.

Yamcha began his apology, still unable to figure out what happened after he came out the door of Capsule. "Bulma, I wanted to apologize for what happened last night." Her smile faded. "I was wasted, you were right. I need help. I need to know if you're gonna be there for me when I start AA."

Bulma pulled her hands from his and looked at her lap. She looked into his eyes and he could see tears welling up in her eyes. As she talked, her voice brought back that feeling of déjà vu. "Yamcha, I know you need help, and it would be my privilege to help you through this, but I get the feeling you don't remember what happened last night after you left." He shook his head.

"What do you mean?" The flickering of déjà vu blew into full-blown images of Bulma in ecstasy with an unknown man under her covers. His eyes grew five sizes and his jaw dropped open. "Oh, sweet Dende..."

"I think you remember now." He stood slowly, turning away from her. He pulled his hand to his forehead and began to breathe heavily. "Yamcha, I'm so sorry, but what happened last night was... unexpected."

"Unexpected?" He wasn't yelling, but his deep-voiced retort contained the same fury as if he was. He turned to face her again, this time, there was malice in his eyes, and it frightened her. "Who was it, Bulma?"

"Now Yamcha, don't get mad. I love you, but when you hit me, we were over. I can't continue dating a drunken abusive womanizer who only thinks of himself, not the greater good."

"Who was it?" He raised his voice to a point that it could have made Hercule cry and call for his mother. "Do you get your brains screwed out by other guys EVERY time I hit you?"

"No, Yamcha. Listen to me. I will be with you when you go get help, but we are officially broken up. I don't want you to hurt others as you hurt me. If things get better after you go to group, maybe we could get back together, but until then,"

"My god, Bulma, don't you listen?" He yelled at her. She cringed against the wall. "Who was it, bitch?" She stammered over her words, afraid of him. He raised his hand and was about to hit her when he felt a crushing grip on his wrist. He turned to see Vegeta, a look on his face that would scare Hannibal. "Vegeta, stay out of this, it doesn't concern you."

Vegeta snickered. "Bulma, you haven't told him?" She shook her head.

"Told me what?" He turned to face Vegeta.

He snickered. "I was the one who was, as you so eloquently put it, screwing her brains out." His eyes narrowed, expecting a punch or two from him, but none came. Yamcha just stood there, horrified. After a few moments of silence, Bulma spoke up.

"Yamcha, I think you should leave."

"Yeah," His voice was airy and cracking. "I'll go now." He went past Vegeta, headed for the door. As he put his hand on the knob, he turned to face his ex-girlfriend. "You know, Bulma, I do love you. I'm just to stupid to realize it until now, after I've lost you." And with that, he opened the door and walked out of Capsule Corp.

*****End Chapter 2