Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Bardock's Third Child ❯ our lives ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Talking"

'Thinking'

~Flashback, End Flashback~

(time past)

~Our Lives~

(2 years has passed)

Her eyes flew open and she sat up, gasping for breath. She rubbed her temples furiously. She had been getting these weird dreams about a black-haired spiky guy, who always wore this smirk on his face. It kind of annoyed her, but what could she do. It was only a dream. Right?

She sighed. For the past year she had been getting these weird dreams. It made her nervous. Maybe he was a part of her past? A past that she didn't know since she had amnesia and all that.

'Big chance of that, girl' she thought to herself. 'Where are you going to find him if he was real anyways? And what kind of person has a tail! You've really gone crazy!'

She got up, frustrated. She took off her pajamas, which consisted of a tank top and pajama pants, and changed into flared jeans and a black turtleneck sweater. She put some socks on and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. When she came out, she shrieked.

"Jeff!! What the hell!?" she shouted, trying to catch her breath for the second time that morning. "Stop scaring me!!!"

"Heh heh. Gomen nasai," he apologized. "You'd think you'd get use to it." He laughed and she growled. "Well, you're testy today, Crystal," he shook his head. "Now what's wrong?"

She rolled her eyes. "It's that damn dream again. Think I need to see a psychiatrist or something?" she asked, half-sarcastically.

He chuckled and replied, "Naw. You're sane all right. Maybe it's just a sign or something."

"Sure whatever," she grumbled and pushed him away so that she could go through. Jeff chuckled once again before entering the bathroom to do his stuff.

She sat down at the kitchen table after getting herself some cereal and milk in her bowl. Crystal sighed as she ate her breakfast before going to school. Just a few more weeks and she would be out of high school. Just a few more weeks and she would be going out to search for her past. Did she even have one? She didn't know. But she might as well try. It wasn't like she had much of a life. Her thoughts went back to the day when she had woken up in Jeff's apartment.

~Flashback~

Her eyes fluttered opened and a big headache hit her like a truck. What had happened? She had no idea. She didn't remember. The fact was, she didn't remember her own name! She sat up, ignoring the poundings in her head, and started to panic. Her eyes darted around the room and she only saw light blue wall, a couple of furniture, pictures she didn't even know, and other personal things. She breathed heavily.

The door opened and a black haired man with blue-green eyes came in with a tray that held food and water. "Hey, so you're finally up," seeing her discomfort, he added, "Don't worry, you're safe here. You've been asleep for a couple days now."

"Oh," she said finally finding her voice. "Where am I?"

"At my apartment," he replied. "Do you remember what happened to you? Before you blacked out on me the other day, I mean?"

"I blacked out?" she said, utterly confused. "I-I…I d-don't know." She clutched her head in her hands. "I-I…don't e-even k-know who I-I am." She started to panic, but felt a pair of hands on her shoulders. She looked up and saw him with his comforting eyes.

"Look, don't worry about a thing, okay?" he said in a soothing voice. "I'll help you."

She nodded. "Arigato."

"Do you remember your name?" he asked.

"…" She scrunched her face as she thought. "Iie…I can't remember anything."

"Well, we're going to have to call you something. I can't call you onna the whole time," he laughed. She gave out a faint laugh. "Tell you what, you can adopt my last name and…you're name will be…" His own face scrunched up as he thought. "…Crystal," he said finally.

"Crystal?"

"Sure, I always liked that name," he chuckled.

She smiled. "I like it too."

~End Flashback~

She would be forever grateful to him. He had given her a name and was paying for her education. Figures, he was three of the riches families in the world. The first one was the Briefs family who owned Capsule Corps and then it was his family, Wellington, who owned one of the richest computer companies.

"Hello!! Earth to Crystal!" Jeff said, waving his hand in front of her face. She blinked and looked up at him. He was only a year older than her. Only 19 years old and he was already in college, a sophomore.

"Ummm…"

He laughed. "What is wrong with you?"

"Err…nothing's wrong with you," she replied, after blinking a couple of times.

He raised an eyebrow. "Okay." He turned on the TV after getting himself a cup of coffee and some croissant.

"This is Amy Johnson here at the city, or what used to be, the city of Natas (Uni: Get it? Satan backwards. I don't remember the name of the city that got destroyed or maybe it's my imagination). Earlier this morning, witnesses say they spotted two UFO's crash in the middle of the city and before they left, destroyed the city."

"Whoa," said Jeff.

"What can be so powerful and cruel to kill and destroy the city?" said Crystal sadly. Both of them continued to watch the news.

"I am here with Professor Riko, one of the top scientists that researches outer space. Professor, what is your opinion on this situation?"

"Well, Amy, last year the same thing happened, but the only difference was is that no city was destroyed," replied a white-haired man that seemed to be 70 years old. "You see here." The camera focused on a big thing that seemed to look like a spaceship. "This is their spaceship, which looked exactly like the one we found last year."

"What do you think this mean, professor?"

"I think that this means that we should be ready for an invasion. An alien invasion to be exact. There might not be a chance for us to win, because if they can destroy a city without breaking a sweat, we are sure to be doomed."

"Thank you, Professor Riko." The camera focused back on the reporter. "Is the professor right? Should we be getting ready for an alien invasion?" A young man around 20 walked up to Amy and whispered something in her ears. He left and she began to speak once more, "We have just received word that someone has captured the whole destruction of this city on tape. Here it is."

A scene of the destroyed city, except not destroyed yet on the video. The camera zoomed towards two things floating in the sky. It looked like…two humans? Or where they humans?

Crystal gasped. Jeff gave her a worried glance. Unintentionally, she walked up to the TV and touched the screen of the two men. Something felt familiar to her. Something about those two, but she couldn't quite place it.

'Stupid amnesia!' she shrieked in her mind. 'Why are they so familiar. Especially that spike haired guy.' Then a thought hit her. He was the one from her dreams. He was here. Not only could she feel it, the video proved to her he was here.

"Crystal, are you okay?" he asked for at least the third time this morning.

She blinked and realized her finger was touching the picture of the two men on the television. Crystal turned around to face him and replied, "I…don't…know."

She walked to the table and sat down with a sighed. She ran her fingers through her dark black hair in frustration. What did this mean? How come she felt that she knew those people?

"They seem so familiar," she murmured. "Jeff, can you tell me how you found me again?"

She heard him take a sharp breath and he placed his mug of coffee down. "Well, since it seems you can't go to school since…" He said mournfully. (She goes to the school that was in the city that was destroyed) "I guess…we've got enough time. I've been telling for two years that I found you on the side of the road and you were hurt."

She knew there was something more, so she said nothing and looked at him intently. Something in his voice told her he had more to tell. Something that he never told her every time she asked him what had happened to her.

"Well, I didn't exactly tell you the whole entire truth," he said sadly. She stared at him. "You see, I did find you on the side of the road, but you …you were right next to one of those ships we saw on TV."

Her eyes went wide in shock. "T-Then, t-that means, t-that, t-that," she stuttered.

He held one hand up and continued, "I would guess so since you were in one of those clothing they wore. I asked you then if you were okay, but you passed out before you responded. I couldn't leave you there since your head was bleeding. Good thing I knew first aid."

~Flashback~

The pod's door immediately opened and she slipped out. She got out of the crater and looked around. Before passing out, she saw a young man near her age come out of a car.

"Are you alright?" he asked, and she passed out, but he caught her in his arms. He gave her a funny look because of the saiyan clothes she had on, but nevertheless her placed her into his car and drove away.

~End Flashback~

"Before you woke up, I noticed that you had a tail, so I took the liberty of cutting it off. I went to get something to eat to bring to you in case you woke up. When I came back into the room you were awake and didn't seem to remember what had happened to you, less know your own name," he said, "You remember the rest, right?"

She nodded. "I had a tail? Weird," she said.

He chuckled. "I would guess so. But I noticed that those men on TV had tails too around their waist." One of her eyebrows went up, interested. "I guess they're either here for you or something. But, you did have the same clothing as them when I first saw you. I guess you're from the same race."

Everything started to make sense to her then, but there was one thing she didn't understand. "Jeff?" she asked.

"Hmmm??" he said, drinking his coffee once again.

"If you knew I wasn't human, how come you still took me in?" she questioned.

"You were hurt. I couldn't have let you die. It didn't matter to me then that you weren't human," he said, as if that was the most obvious thing in the world.

She smiled a little. "Thanks. For not letting me die. I really appreciate it."

He gave her his own smile. "No problem. Besides, I was getting lonely."

They both laughed and Crystal quieted down. "Umm…do you think I should go find them? Maybe they know me."

"Crystal," he took her hands in his own. She looked at him with a questioning look. "Just follow your heart. If you really need to know your past then go," he urged her. "I don't mind. Just remember I'll always be there for you."

She gave him a grin and nodded. "I do want to know. After all, everyone needs to know their past."

He handed her a box of capsules and said, "You're always welcome here, know that. You're like a little sister I never had. Take this box of capsule just in case you need it. Go and find your past."

Crystal cried in delight and hugged the life out of him. She let go and said, "I think of you as my niichan too!"

With that she ran to her room and changed into a pair of tan shorts and white tank top. She grabbed a gray jacket and put it on. She put the box of capsules Jeff gave her in her pocket and ran outside. She put her tennis shoes on, but before she ran out, she ran back to Jeff and gave him a hug.

"If I am an alien, I'll still come back and protect you," she whispered and ran out.

He just stared after her and hoped she would find what she was looking. Her past.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

He smirked as he saw one more of Earth's warriors die. (Uni: Guess who!?) A three eyed man stood in a stance, ready to attack. They were pathetic. So pathetic, they weren't even a challenge to both him and his partner.

He stood to the side and watched as the big bald guy he hated to call partner began to attack the three-eye man. He watched as he literally broke his arm with a single punch. His thoughts slowly changed from the fights and how pathetic they were to………her.

He missed her even though he wouldn't admit it. He was broken hearted when he heard that she had been killed. He had traveled to a planet and began killing the people on it, thinking it would somehow calm his heart so that it wouldn't hurt as much. He couldn't even shed tears then, and certainly couldn't now.

He had placed a mask so that no one could ever see what he actually felt inside. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a loud explosion. He looked up and saw that the mime had self destructed when he was holding on to his partner's back.

He smirked and knew it hadn't work. His sacrifice was for nothing. Minutes later, the three eyed man used his last energy to try and kill his partner, Nappa, and failed.

'Three down, three to go' he thought wickedly.

"Where is Goku!?" he heard the short ball guy say.

"Daddy will be here, I know it! He wouldn't let us down!" the 7-year-old boy said.

'Who the hell is Goku?' he asked himself. A smirk came across his face again and before Nappa could land another punch at the small boy………

"STOP, NAPPA!!" he shouted from his place on the boulder, with crossed arms.

He stopped and looked back at his commander. "Why?" he asked, "I can finish them now and then we can be on our way!" He made another attempt to punch the living daylight of out the small boy, but his commander yelled again.

"Do you dare disobey me, Nappa!!" he yelled. Nappa stopped again in mid punch and walked over to him.


"Gomen, Vegeta. Must be because I haven't been in action for so long," he apologized.

The one called Vegeta looked towards the three people. "The one you call Goku is Kakarot isn't it?"

"What about it!?" yelled the bald man.

Vegeta smirked. "We'll wait three hours for him. So that means that I'm giving you three more hours to live. Then, we'll find the dragon balls and destroy this planet."

He sat back down on his boulder and closed his eyes as his thoughts drifted back to her, ignoring the complaints of Nappa. His plans were to find the dragon balls and restore her back to life so that they could be together once again. If that didn't work, he would wish for immortality so that he could destroy Frieza once and for all and reach Super Saiyan. The Golden Warrior.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In the other world, a man around 20 was running at a very fast speed, obviously trying to get somewhere. Tired of running, he flew into the air at an even faster speed.

'This is taking too long!' he shouted angrily to himself. 'Krillen, Gohan, and Piccolo needs me now!'

"Kaio-Ken times two!!" he shouted and a red aura surrounded him. He went twice the speed as before and soon he saw the end of the road. He cheered to himself and became serious again. His only son and his friends needed him against the two saiyans this instant!!

He reached a big giant called King Yama or Lord Enma. Before the spiked haired guy could say anything, an old Namek appeared.

"Kami!" he shouted in surprised.

"Goku! There's no time! Take my hand!" the old Namek shouted, holding his hand out. Goku placed his hand on his and they both disappeared.

Lord Enma stared at where the two were standing before. He blinked and said, "The mortal actually made it to King Kai's. Whoa. And they didn't even say hi!!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Goku and Kami appeared somewhere above the Earth. A big black person, wearing a turban and things people usually would have worn in Aladdin.

"Go, Goku! You're friends needs help now!!" cried Kami.


"Right!" Goku blasted off and headed towards Earth. He passed a tall tower that reached the heavens and saw a big white cat looking out.

"Goku!! Here are the two last senzu beans!!" he yelled, throwing two beans at him.

"Thanks, Korin!!" Goku thanked and ate one, not slowing down. His energy was renewed. "Flying Nimbus!! Come to me!!"

A yellow cloud came barging towards Goku, and he climbed on it. His face looked determined and he hoped that when he arrived, it wasn't too late.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Three hours are up," stated Vegeta getting up from his thoughts and boulder. "Where's Kakarot? Your savior?" he sneered.

"My dad will come! You just wait and see!!" cried the little boy known as Gohan.

"Too bad I'm all out of patience," snickered Vegeta. "Nappa, kill them." He ordered.

"Whatever you say, Vegeta," chuckled Nappa and he blasted towards the trio.

"Where's Goku!?" shouted the bald guy, called Krillen, as he dodged.

"Forget about him and concentrate on living!!" shouted the young Namek.

"Don't kill the Namek, Nappa," Vegeta called out, "We need him to tell use about the dragon balls."

"Right!" He threw a punch at Gohan.

The trio backed up and began talking. Of course, with his acute hearing, he could hear what they were saying.

'Ridiculous pathetic humans' chuckled Vegeta 'they really think their absurd plan will work'

"Do you really think that will work?" he asked them, sinisterly.

They ignore him or rather Piccolo ignored him. Gohan threw a blast at Nappa, giving him the chance to go behind Nappa. He grabbed his tail, hoping to paralyze him, but failed. Nappa gave him a laugh before knocking him out with a blow to the head with his elbow. Piccolo fell to the ground unconscious.

Nappa started to attack the last two and before he could touch Gohan, someone blasted him from behind. He turned around and saw Piccolo, half conscious, but standing.

"You're a tough one, Namek," he stated.

Piccolo growled. Nappa turned back towards Gohan and smiled evilly. He started to attack Gohan, who barely dodged any on them. He hooked a left punch then a right. He kicked Gohan, sending him into a mountain. Gohan got up slowly, determined not to give up. Nappa prepared a ki blast to throw at him but was stopped by a kick in the head by a certain monk.

"You want to play, huh?" said Nappa and went after Krillen. He punched and kicked, but being a little faster then Nappa, Krillen managed to dodge them. When Krillen was a couple of feet away from Nappa he threw his right hand in the air and called out an attack.

A disk of ki appeared in his hand and he threw it at Nappa. The dumb giant, thinking it wouldn't hurt him, just laughed at the attack, when Vegeta shouted for him to duck. Following his orders, Nappa got away with a cut on his "precious" face.

He growled and threw a large ki blast that he couldn't dodge.

'Dumb saiyan' thought Vegeta. Sure, Nappa may be an elite soldier, but he sure was dumb.

Nappa turned his attention back to Gohan and said, "You're a saiyan. Show me what you've got!"

He started attacking Gohan with no mercy, until Gohan managed to blast him back. Needless to say, he was pissed off now! No way would a half saiyan defeat him a FULL-saiyan. He prepared a big blast and released it towards Gohan. But it never touched him. Piccolo had taken the blast for him. Angry, Gohan released a huge series of attacks on Nappa. Blinded by his anger, Nappa blasted him back. Goku was near now and saw as Nappa prepared to kill his son. He jumped off his cloud and yelled, "Kao-"

He was cut off when he saw a yellow aura save his son from being hurt by the big oaf.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Next Chapter: Recognition

Summary:

Crystal arrives where the battle had begun to ensue once again and Goku is nowhere to be found. Vegeta and Nappa sees Crystal and one name comes to mind…Katriana…