Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Basic Love ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Moon Star

This is going to be a Bra/Goten fic.


Basic Love
Chapter 1 : The Beginning


"This won't do." muttered Bra under her breath. She was shopping like she always was. She was 18 years old and daughter of the richest woman in the whole universe.

"Why is it that I can't concentrate?" she chided. "Oh I know why, it's my stupid brother's fault and that Goten. The only exist to make my life completely miserable."

She went to the register, got the card out and paid for the things piled up on the counter. She encapsulated them and got on her car.

"Why is it that they always tell me the same thing?" she asked herself. "Do they think I care?"

She pushed the gas pedal harder.

She got to Capsule Corps and went straight to the lab. She looked in to see if her mother was in. She wasn't so she locked herself in.

"They all think that I don't amount to anything. Always saying that I'm a spoiled brat that doesn't care for anyone other than myself. The only one that understands me is daddy. He's always known the truth."

She concentrated all her energy on her project. Unknown to anyone except Vegeta, Bra worked everyday on her mother's lab. Her best friend Pan was always worked up on college and hardly had any time to spend with her. Marron had a job that had her flying all over the world for the whole year. She was the one with all the time to do nothing.

"Finally." she sighted. "I can't believe that mother never made something like this."

She took the transmitter in her hand and went to her room. There she put it inside a necklace that her father had given her for her birthday. He had said that it had been his mothers. She gave it to him so that he would remember her before she died.

The necklace wasn't that fancy. Her supposed grandmother had it with her since she was born and never took it off. She opened the locket and got the music box out. She put her transmitter in there and went to find her dad.

She went to the gravity room and found Vegeta like always training. She knocked and waited for him to open the door for her.

"What do you want Bra." he barked.

"Dad. You know about the project that I've been working on to conceal ki. Well, I just want you to test it out for me. All you have to do after I activate it is to see of you can find my energy." she was scared. She knew that he would never hit her but he always looked in control and ready for anything to break out.

"How much time is this going to take."

"No time dad. Just hold on."

She turned around, opened the locket and activated the transmitter.

"You can try now dad. Please be truthful, I want to know if I actually did it."

There were minutes of silence as she waited for him to actually say something.

"Well." she was getting impatient.

"It works. Now go, I have to continue my training." with that, he showed her out and shut the door.

"It works, it works!" she shouted.

"What works." interrupted Trunks.

"Nothing of your concern bro."

"Right. So what did you do today besides shop and waste money on clothes you'll never wear."

"You always say the same thing. You sound like a broken record."

"Well, at least I do something productive. You are here the whole day watching television and hearing music. The world doesn't revolve around you and we won't always be here to protect you."

"I don't need you here to protect me."

"I'd say you won't even last five minutes in the real world sis. You can't even make toast." he snickered. She gasped.

"And you do?"

"No, but I manage the largest corporation in the world."

The front door opened and Goten came in. He looked around and saw the two siblings going at it again.

*They are always fighting.* he thought. *It's like they are nine year olds when they see each other.*

"Hey Goten." called Trunks.

*There's no escaping now.*

"Look who's here." she said sarcastically. "The other last person on earth I want to see."

"I didn't want to see you either Bra. It just so happens that you live where my best friend lives."

She stuck her tongue out at him.

"That's very mature for someone your age."

"Mind your own business Goten, my life is no concern of yours."

"But you don't have a life." he replied. "At least, what you have is not a life in normal terms. You don't have someone that really likes you for what you are."

How could he. He was always bothering her but he never said anything so vile to her. Her eyes started to water. He was always teasing her but he never took it personal like that. How could he?

She ran to her room.

"Bra." he called after her. "I'm sorry."

But she didn't hear him. She ran to her room and let the tears to flow freely. She fell on her bed and continued sobbing.

"Why do I cry? I know he's right. I'll never amount to anything or have someone to truly love me. I don't even have friends that are here for me no matter what. It would have been better if I had never been born."

She continued crying until she fell asleep.

* * * *

"I really did it this time Trunks." said Goten warming up.

"She knows you didn't really meant it." replied Trunks.

"I don't know. She looked hurt. I never wanted to insult her."

"She knows that." said Trunks annoyed.

"I hope so. The last thing I want is for her to hate me for the rest of her life."

"She won't Goten. Now, let's start before I get old enough to use a cane."

* * * *

Hours later, Bra woke up after all her energy spent up on crying. She went to her bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror.

"I know he's right." she whispered. "If I continue like this I'll be all alone in the world with no support from anyone."

She took the necklace off and observed it. How can something so simple get your attention. She looked closely at it and found it as dull as it always was.

"If no one in this house wants me then, I'll just leave their lives forever."

She got her phone and waited for the connection to pass.

"Mrs. Martinez?"

"It's me Bra… I'm fine and you…. Glad to hear it."

"Mrs. Martinez, do you have Sunset's current telephone number. I lost mine and I want to talk to her… it's been so long."

"Thank you… I hope it was no trouble."

She finished her connection and dialed the number.

"Hello." a man's voice answered.

"Hi, is this Sunset Martinez phone number?"

"Yes, it is. Who's speaking."

"Could I talk to her?"

"Sure, hold on."

"This is Sunset."

"Hi Sunset, it's Bra Briefs."

"Hi Bra. I can't believe I'm hearing your voice… It's been what -- over six months since I spoke to you."

"I have a problem and I wonder if you'll be able to help me."

"Sure, if there's anything I can do just name it, you know I owe you."

"It's good to know I have a friend."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Early the next day, Bra packed a suitcase of her clothes and some belongings. She took her credit cards and left the room. She didn't expect to see anyone up at five in the morning in the house. As she passed the family room, she saw a light and walked in. Her father looked at her waiting.

"You know I'm leaving."

"Yes."

"I don't want them to find me. I want to find myself alone."

She waited for some reaction from him.

"I won't tell but you know I'll find you. Ki or no ki present."

"I know but I'll tell you when you can see me. I may have some good inventions for you when I'll see you again."

"I'll be waiting for them."

She walked toward him and hugged him. He put his arms around her and kissed her forehead.

"Never let anyone walk over you. You are the princess of the sayan race and my little princess. Behave as one."

He let go of her and went up the stairs to his and Bulma's bedroom.

"Thank you dad." she whispered but knew he heard her. "Here I go."

She opened the door and looked back.

"Good Bye."




THREE YEARS LATER




"I can't believe I'm here again." Bra told herself. She was on the airport again. This time, she wasn't on the plane leaving but on the one arriving. "Let's see if the powerful Trunks Briefs that hired me to work for his company recognizes his little sister."

As she stepped outside, a man was holding a sign with her new name. Sunset White.

"I'm Sunset White."

"Please, come this way Miss." indicated the driver. He led her to a white limo.

*He never changes.* she mused. She got in and the limo began to move toward Capsule Corps main building.

"I wonder how they've been without me."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*

AN : Hoped you like it.

Tell me what you think.

Should I write a next chapter or what.

M.S.