Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Basic Love ❯ New Life Back Home ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Moon Star

Here's chapter 2. Tell me what you think on your review or in a E-Mail.

Karen0586@hotmail.com or Karen0586@aol.com


Basic Love
Chapter 2 : New Life Back Home



The limo stopped on C.C. Bra got her suitcase and walked in to the main office.

"Hi, may I help you." asked a very busy secretary.

"Yes, I'm Sunset White. Mr. Briefs is expecting me."

"Hold on please." she buzzed the intercom and called. "Mr. Briefs, Miss White is here."

"Let her in."

The secretary nodded and motioned for Bra to come in. Bra was a little nervous. She hadn't seen her brother for three years and just wanted to turn and run.

She opened the door and walked in quietly. The chair didn't face her.

"Hi Miss Sunset." said Trunks directing the chair toward her. He was shocked. *She looks like Bra.*

Bra could see his surprise but didn't find anything out of the ordinary in his eyes like a note of recognition.

"Is there something wrong Mr. Briefs?" she asked trying to sound as normal as possible.

"No Ms. White, you just looked like someone I knew."

"Please sir, call me Sunset." she replied.

"Al right, you can just call me Trunks." he smiled at her and she smiled in return.

*So far so good.*

"Please sit down." he motioned for the chair and she sat rather abruptly.

*He hasn't changed a bit. He still looks like 20 years old.*

"Miss White, I am glad that you accepted to work with us here in Capsule Corps. We have been following your achievements and projects that you have been involved for some time and in the behave of my company I want you to feel like this is your home. We want you to be as comfortable as possible and if you need anything, you can call me and I'll try anything I can to help you."

"Thank you Mr. Briefs." replied Bra. "The only thing I want is to work on a lab with the least personnel as possible. I don't like people fussing about while I'm working."

"That could be arranged." he observed her more intensely. "Would you like something to drink?"

"No thanks. I just want to know where I might..." she was interrupted by all the commotion that was heard outside.

"I will enter, I don't care if the whole company crumbles but he will see me."

That sounds like Pan. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Trunks get up and go to the door. As he reached for it, it slammed open and fuming Pan came in.

"I told you I wanted to wait." she shouted in his face. The secretary was speechless and about to break down.

"Should I call security sir."

"No, I can handle this."

Pan advanced to his desk not even noticing Bra seated looking bewildered.

Trunks followed Pan to his desk and was about to ask what was going on when a newspaper hit him in the face.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"This is what's wrong." she pointed to the front page. In bold letters said. PRESIDENT ENGAGED TO HERCULE'S GRANDAUGHTER. There was a big picture of Pan and Trunks kissing for the whole world to see.

"I told you I didn't want them to know yet. It was going to be a surprise for everyone on the annual family outing."

"But I didn't tell anyone." rebutted Trunks.

"Sure, I'll believe that." she said sarcastically.

"I don't know how they got hold of it. They must have seen us together someplace and followed us."

"My dad now knows that you and I have been going out and are getting married so if I were you, I look around before I enter a dark room or alley."

*Pan and Trunks are getting married!!* Bra couldn't believe it. *I would have never thought of it.*

"You know that I wanted to wait. All the newspapers are going to follow us for the next months." Pan sat down on Trunks chair and realized that they weren't alone.

"Oh God!" she sat up blushing like mad. "Trunks, I thought you were alone now! You didn't say there was someone with you."

"Don't worry Miss Pan, I won't tell a soul about what happened here." she smiled. *It looks like she doesn't recognize me either.*

Pan looked at her intensely like trying to connect her with someone.

"Gosh Trunks, she looks so much like her." Pan broke down and started to cry. "Three years and I still can't believe it."

Bra was confused. This was as weird as it could get.

"What's wrong, is it something I said?" said Bra looking at Pan crying her eyes out.

"It's not your fault." said Pan trying to control her face. "It's just... you look so much like her."

Trunks put his arms around her trying to comfort her. "I know Panny, I know. Calm down, you can't blame yourself."

Bra was clueless to what they were talking about. She didn't know what to do.

"I'm sorry." apologized Pan. "I've been very emotional these days."

"We've all been Pan, all of us are emotional." she smiled at him and at Bra.

"I haven't introduced myself. I'm Pan Son." she extended her hand and Bra took it. "Soon to be Pan Briefs."

"That means that you and Trunks are getting married."

"Yes."

"Then, you should be very happy. You must really love each other."

"We do. I didn't really catch your name, Miss..."

"How rude of me. I'm Sunset White."

"The Sunset White?" asked Pan amazed. Bra blushed and nodded.

"I've heard so much about you. It's good to know that there is another woman in the world that is as smart as my future mother-in-law."

"You mean Bulma Briefs."

"Yes. Anyway, I'm so sorry that I interrupted you two. I think I just went into hysterics. This time of the year is worst enough without having the press hovering all over you."

"Don't worry about it. I was about to leave anyway." said Bra getting up.

"Where are you staying?" asked Trunks.

"I don't really know. It all happened so fast that I didn't have any time. I'll have to stay in a hotel or something."

"I don't think that will be necessary." said Pan going to the door. "You could stay at the house. It's really big and it's practically empty."

"I don't want to impose you." said Bra trying to contain her happiness.

"You won't, and there's also a big lab where you can do your projects." realized Trunks. "You won't even have to go out of the house to work."

"With that offer, who could refuse." Bra smiled. *Home again.* "Who lives in the house with you?" They were going out the door toward Trunks car.

"My mother, father, Pan lives there too and Goten."

*Goten lives there?* "Who's Goten?" she asked as inauspiciously as possible.

"He's a friend of the family and my uncle." responded Pan.

The ride was in complete silence from that point on. As they entered the house, they met Bulma in the kitchen.

"You don't mind if we eat something do you?" asked Pan.

"Not at all. I'm hungry myself."

"I like this girl." pan patted her on the back.

As they entered the kitchen, they saw Bulma slumped over the counter. She didn't even look up as they entered the kitchen.

"What's wrong mom?" asked Trunks preoccupied. "Did something happened?"

"Not really."

"Then why are you like this."

"Just remembering."

"Remembering what?" asked Pan sitting down beside her.

"Bra."

"Why?" asked Trunks concerned.

"Because tomorrow will be three years since she disappeared." she got up and left the kitchen to go outside.

"I'm sorry," murmured Trunks. "I'm sure you want to know what that was about?" he looked toward Bra.

*Not really. I already know what it is about.* she just nodded.

"She blames herself. She thinks that because of her, Bra ran away."

"Bra was your sister, right?"

"Yes, Sunset." responded Pan. "She just disappeared without a trace. We couldn't find her anywhere so we just gave up. The only explanation is that she's dead."

*They think I'm dead. Dad didn't say they thought I was dead.*

"I'm sorry... to hear... that." was all that came out of her at that time. *I can't believe they think I am dead.*

She looked at Pan and knew that was why she was crying.

"Is that why you were crying?" she asked still in shock. Pan nodded and went to the fridge. "You do know that it wasn't your fault."

"She knows, she just can't stop thinking what would have happened if she had been here for her."

"She was my best friend Sunset, I neglected her. I wasn't here when she needed me and that's why she left. If I had been with her, she might still be here."

"How do you know that she's really dead?"

"We have a way of sensing someone's energy and well, we couldn't feel hers anymore." explained Trunks.

Bra looked at her locket and understood. *I didn't want to be found, that's why I activated it. How could they think that I would die just like that!* She was mad now. *They really didn't know me at all. I wouldn't be surprised after they didn't recognize me. It's like I was never here.*

"It's something wrong Sunset?" asked Pan concerned. She snapped out of her thoughts.

"No. I'm just tired. I'd like to rest and continue the project I was working on in the U.S."

"Sure, follow me."

As they were going out, there were some sounds heard outside of punches and energy all over the place.

"Not again." muttered Trunks. "They never stop do they."

They all went outside to see what all the commotion was. In the air, you could see Vegeta and Goten going at it like there's no tomorrow.

*Dad's going to kill him.*

Vegeta and Goten were both at Super Sayan 3 but even to the inexperienced, it was sure that Vegeta was stronger and Goten looked like he was about to faint.

"Damn. Vegeta's going to kill him." shouted Pan. "Trunks, do something."

*Dad!* shouted Bra to him through her mind.

*What do you want Bra.*

*What are you doing? You're going to kill him!*

*How do you know I'm about to kill someone.* he asked in surprise.

*Because I'm watching you pound Goten to the brink of death.*

Vegeta looked down and saw Bra standing there with Trunks and Pan. Bra got her hair scrunchy and tied her hair loose in a pony tail. He recognized her and stopped his movements.

Goten tried to concentrate on keeping himself conscious from all of Vegeta's attacks. Then, Vegeta just stopped his attacks all together. He found Vegeta staring down toward the ground. When he looked down, his eyes widened. Bra was there, Bra was standing right beside Trunks.

*But she's dead! Bra's dead.* his eyes were closing but he wanted to see her again. Bra looked at his direction and noticed that Goten was staring at her. She opened the locket and deactivated the transmitter. Just before he passed out, Goten sensed Bra's energy again.

"I don't want to be dreaming." was all he said before he changed back to Goten and passed out. He fell from the ski down to the ground.

Trunks quickly flew up toward him and caught him. In the ground, Pan was shouting at Vegeta like crazy.

"What were you thinking Vegeta, you could have killed him."

"That was the idea." he motioned toward Bra.

"Oh, Vegeta, this is Sunset White. She's a famous scientist and inventor like Bulma. She'll be living with us for a while."

"Nice to meet you sir." said Bra extending her hand to him. He glared at her.

*What are you doing here?*

*I thought you would be glad to see me.* she got her hand back and crossed her arms in his own fashion.

"Woo." said Pan seeing the two of them stare each other down. "She looks just like Bra with that expression." she muttered to herself but loud enough for Bra to hear. She uncrossed her arms and went to where Trunks was. Vegeta just observed her go to Goten.

*Dad, why did you try to kill Goten?* she asked still walking toward them.

*He gets on my nerves, is one of the spawn of Kakarotte and he just got me real mad. He was asking for it.*

"That's no excuse." she muttered under her breath. She stopped right above Goten and smiled. *He recognized me.*

She knelt above him and checked his pulse. It was there but it was faint. *He'll spend at least a day in the rejuvenation tank for sure.*

"Let's go inside." said Trunks carrying Goten inside into the lab. Bra, Pan and Vegeta followed him. He went to the Lab and put Goten on the tank. Just as the liquid began to surround Goten, Bulma entered the Lab.

"What in the world happened to him?" she asked.

"Your husband." answered Pan.

"Vegeta, how could you? You could have killed him?"

"Like I care." with that he went out in the direction to the Gravity Machine. As he crossed the door he turned back and looked at Trunk. "Boy, I want you in the Gravity Machine in less than an hour. I will not let you get weaker than you already are."

*That was typical dad.*

*You'll talk to me after everyone is sleeping girl. You have a lot to explain.*

*Oh boy.* was her response.

"Vegeta, you get back here now." shouted Bulma going after him.

"And they are happily married?" asked Bra to the other two.

"Just typical of them. They are the happiest couple in the whole universe." responded Pan. "Thank God their son isn't like them."

"Yeah, but you would still love me anyway if I was." he put his arms around her waist from behind and leaned his head on her hair.

"I would." she sighted. She looked at Bra who looked sick. Pan laughed and let go of Trunks. "It must be too mushy for you right?"

Bra nodded and looked at Goten.

"He'll be fine Sunset. He'll just have to spend a day there." Pan stood right beside her. "You want to see your room? You'll have a lot to choose in here."

"Sure. I also want to look through the things in the lab. I want to know if I need some thing else, you know look through it and get familiar with it."

"I understand." said Trunks. "Just don't expect to find it in order. My mom just likes to put things everywhere."

"Don't worry about that. I'm just like that. I'll like to take a shower to get out of my drowsiness. I hate flying in planes."

"So did Bra." murmured Pan. She got Bra by her arm and led her to the rooms of the big mansion-house. "There are a lot of rooms so choose whichever you like better."

"Thanks. You look tired Pan, go lie down."

"I will. This is going to be a very tiring week."

As Pan retired to her room, Bra looked around and saw her old room. She opened it and found it just the way she had left it. Her old bed was still there with the same covers. In her drawer were her jewels, hair scrunches and all her old make-up.

*It's like they expected me to come back.* She went out and shut the door. Right beside her room to her left was Trunks room and to her right was supposed to be an empty room. She went to it and opened it. She tried to look around for something that said the room was occupied but found it empty.

"Looks like I found my new room." It was just like hers but her dresser was smaller. "I won't need much space anyway." She got her suitcase and began to unpack.

Hours later, Bra heard someone calling her.

"Sunset." It was Pan outside in the hallway. "Sunset."

"I'm coming." she got up and opened the door. "What is it?"

"Dinner is ready. If you want, you can eat with us or whenever you want."

"I'll go now." She went out in jeans and a white t-shirt. They went down the stairs to the kitchen. The three ate in silence trying to open a way into conversation.

"You know, the tournament is going to be in less than a week." said Trunks mindlessly.

"Really?" said Bra enthusiastically. "I've never seen it but I heard about it. Is any of you two going to compete?"

"Yes. Trunks always competes but his dad or my grandfather always win. I think they're not going to participate this year. I wonder why?" responded Pan thinking to herself. "They love this kind of things."

"Dad said he just wasn't and you now that you can never get anything out of him." Trunks pointed out.

"The more chance of one of us winning." she put her plate away and walked back to the table. "I wonder if Marron is coming back for it?"

"I doubt it." said Trunks. "She hasn't prepared for it and even though she can get into the preliminaries, she's changed. All she likes now is visiting places and stuff."

"We all change at a point in our lives." intercepted Bra. "We're not always going to be the way we were before."

"You're right, but at least you would remember to come by to visit you're friends once in a while. We haven't heard from her for more than five months."

"I changed and so did she Trunks. I just hope that we see her again promptly. I want to be able to see one of my old friends."

"Why don't you just call her?" asked Bra.

"I have, but she's always so busy." Pan sighted.

"Then tell her that you two want her here. You are getting married right."

"Yeah but not for some time." Pan slumped and put her head on the table.

"You'll come up with something." said Bra getting up. "I'll go to the lab now. I have to do my inspection."

"You want me to go with you?" asked Pan getting up.

"No, it's not necessary. Go to the living room and snuggle up with him." she directed her glance at Trunks slumped on the couch. "I think he needs your company." she whispered and winked. Pan blushed and smiled at her.


In the LAB

Bra started to look for chemicals and objects that she would use for her project. Sometimes she stole some glances to Goten.

*He looks so white in there.* She put her hand just where his face was. "I'm sorry daddy almost killed you. All that happened was your fault." she smiled. "You hurt me so much that day."

She looked at his face again and saw it contract. *It's like his having a nightmare.*

Just then, the door of the lab opened and Vegeta came in.

"What are you doing here Bra?" he barked. No t liking the way his daughter had her hand on the rejuvenation tank.

"Hello dad."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Did you like it? Tell me what you think of the new chapter. Review or E-mail Me.

Karen0586@hotmail.com or Karen0586@aol.com

M.S.