Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Basic Love ❯ More News ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Moon Star

Here's Chapter 3. Thanks to everyone who reviewed or E-Mailed Me telling me to continue. Thank You Everyone.

Karen0586@aol.com or Karen0586@hotmail.com


Disclaimer : I don't own any of the characters.



Chapter 3 : More News

"Hey dad."

Vegeta looked at her expecting an answer. He glanced at the rejuvenation tank. *I should have been harder on him.*

Bra went to her chair and sat down.

"Do you want to sit down or stay up?"

"I prefer standing up. All I want to know is why you're here with out telling me and under another name."

"Well, I'm here because one, Trunks hired me to work on the company and two, because I decided that it was time I got back home. I accomplished what I wanted to know about myself and I also missed everyone. I saw you every weekend but I hadn't seen them for almost three years."

"Why did you come back with your other name. You could just say that you're Bra, deactivate the device on the necklace like you did for Goten to see today." Bra blushed and looked down. "What are you going to do saying you have another name."

"I don't want them to know who I am. A lot has been going on here that you didn't tell me."

"I told you what you asked." he said giving her the 'I don't lie' look.

"You didn't tell me that Pan and Trunks were in speaking terms or getting married for that matter?"

"You didn't ask." he simply responded.

"Well, last weekend you could have told me that they were engaged."

"Again, you didn't ask."

"You're incorrigible." He smirked at that.

"I am what I am."

"Oh yeah. You didn't feel that it was important for me to know that my best friend and my brother are getting married."

"No. You'd find out yourself."

She sighted. *He won't even change for his daughter. Only for mother, right.*

"I can read your thought Bra. Be careful of what you think." he warned.

"But it's true?" he glared at her. "For the only one that you would change would be mother, and you have changed." she pointed out.

He continued to glare at her.

"And you can't say no." She went to the rejuvenation tank and checked to see how Goten was doing. Vegeta followed her movements and expression through the whole ordeal.

"Dad, all I want to know is why you did this? I know we all get on your nerves but you could have killed him?"

"There's Dragonballs. They could have wished him back." he responded like it was no big deal.

"Why did you almost kill him?"

"I told you already."

"That's not a reason."

"It is to me."

"Why did he got you mad?" Vegeta stopped himself from answering her. There were some minutes of silence. "Well, why? Just tell me that."

"He said something to get me mad and it worked. That's why?"

"Are you going to tell me what he said?"

"Ask him. He'll wake up in the morning."

"I'll never be able to get something out of you, am I?"

"No. You're my daughter so I have power over you."

"That's a nice way to put it." she got up and went to him. "I love you daddy. You got me prisoner to you for your whole life with that." She hugged him and gave him a kiss in the cheek.

"I'll be able to see you everyday now." She let go of him and opened the door for him.

"Go before mom notices you're not there and thinks you ran out on her."

He laughed at her comment and started to it.

"Although, you'll never do it." she said closing the door not to see him scowl.

"I know you too well dad." she smiled at the expression he must have. She went back to work on putting everything were she wanted it. She yawned and looked at her watch.

"I can't believe it's that late." It was 2 in the morning. She checked at the rejuvenation tank and got the hour it would stop.

*I won't get much of a sleep.*

She turned off the lights and went to the kitchen for some water. On the way, she went through the living room and found the T.V. on and Pan and Trunks in the couch sleeping.

*They look so peaceful together.* She went to the closet and got a blanket out, turned the T.V. off and wrapped them with it. Pan changed positions over Trunks who wrapped his arms around her and murmured her name.

Bra couldn't help but smile at him. *Big brother in love. I thought, I'd never see the day he would actually care for a girl like that.* She continued on her way to the kitchen.


In the Morning at 5:50 a.m.


Bra's alarm began to go off. Drowsingly, she got up and turned it off. Ten minutes later, she was with her work clothes and went to the kitchen. There, she found Bulma preparing some breakfast.

"Good morning Bulma." she greeted going beside her.

"Good morning Sunset." she didn't look up from the eggs.

"You want me to help?" asked Bra trying to break out the silence.

"You can see if Trunks is up? He has to prepare for work."

"Sure." she got off the counter and walked toward his room. On the way she looked at the living room and remembered where he was last night. She looked on the couch and found them both just as she had left them. She went toward them and nudged Trunks. He started to move but still didn't wake up.

*This reminds me of those times I had to wake him up.*

Then, she got her devil smile. Let's see if he remembers. She started braiding his hair as she always did when she lived here. It annoyed him and took him a long time to get it undone without tangles.

"Let's start the payback for all the things he said to me in all those years."

Some minutes later, Pan began to stir. Bra knew it was time to get them both up. Bra started to shake her. Pan opened her eyes and yawned.

"Where am I?" she asked sleepy.

"You're on the living room. You fell asleep with Trunks while watching T.V. I think your snuggle was too warm for your own good." Bra smiled and started for the kitchen. "You can wake Trunks up, breakfast is ready and Bulma wants him to get ready for work."

Bra left the room toward the kitchen and Pan started to shake Trunks. He wouldn't give and when she tried to get up, he's hold on her got even stronger. She struggled to get out of his strong grip and finally succeeded for him to loosened it. She moved to face him and called his name. He began to stir but didn't open his eyes. She sighted and gave him a kiss on his lips. He responded to her kiss but didn't let go of her. She giggled at him and he finally opened his eyes.

"Hi." he said smiling at her. "That's a nice way to wake up."

"Don't get used to it. Let me go, we can't stay like this for the rest of the day."

"Why not?"

"Because we have to go to work and Bulma wants to see you."

"Oh well." he let her go and got up from the couch. "Who put the blanket here?"

"I don't know." Pan shrugged and began to go to her room. Trunks put the blanket back on the closet and passed his hand through his hair. Then, he noticed it. His hair was braded! Just like Bra used to, to make him mad. He ran to a mirror and his suspicion was confirmed. His whole hair was braided into tiny braids.

*Who in the world did this?* he went to the kitchen and saw Bra and Bulma setting the table.

"Hi Trunks." greeted Bra who started laughing at him. "You look so funny Trunks. Who did that to you?"

"Who did what?" intervened Bulma who now glance at Trunks. "Oh my God! What happened to your hair?"

She went to him and began to undo the braids. "This is just like Bra did. Who would have done it?"

"Maybe Pan did." Bra supplied an answer.

"I don't think so. She would never do this to Trunks." replied Bulma.

"Who else would've done it?" asked Bra. She looked at her watch and stood up. "I have to go to the lab. I have a lot of stuff to do."

"It's going to take so much time to undo this." whined Trunks. "My hair's going to be a disaster after their undone."

Bra couldn't contain her laughter anymore. She put her hand on her mouth and left as quickly as possible. Outside the door of the Lab her laughter erupted.

*Man, I didn't remember how funny Trunks looked every time I did that to him?* She continued laughing on her way to the rejuvenation tank. *It's almost time for it to turm off.*

Seconds later, the rejuvenation tank began to shut off. The green matter drained and Goten laid there with no strength.

*Dad must have really worked him up.* She opened it and got him out. He could barely walk on his own. *He'll need a sensu bean. I think I saw some in here.*

She put Goten on a bed in the lab and went to look for the sensu bean. Goten tried to get up but couldn't. He had no strength to move his arms or legs. *Kami, what happened to me.*

"Here, eat this." he heard someone say. He couldn't see very well, he opened his mouth and ate the sensu bean. He ate it and felt all of his energy come back to him.

"Who are you?" he asked her, still not been able to make her out.

"I'm Sunset White." She moved beside him and took his pulse.

"Right back to normal." She smiled at him and touched his forehead.

"What happened?" he asked getting up.

"Don't you remember?" she asked surprised. He shook his head and started to get up. "You were fighting with Mr. Vegeta. He almost killed you, if he pounded you more, you would be dead."

His head started to clear and he began to remember the events.

"I remember now. I'll have to remember not to piss Vegeta off again."

"What did you say to him? If he hadn't been distracted he would have continued." Her eyes widened as she now knew that she had given him a clue.

*I have to keep my mouth shut. I'm a blabbermouth.*

"I saw her." he said surprised. "I saw her out there. Bra was out there."

"Are you sure? I didn't see anyone else except Pan and Trunks out there."

"I saw her, or I think I saw her. I was so hurt that I didn't even feel any part of my body."

*Looks like I'm safe.*

"But," she looked at him. "I sensed her energy. I hadn't felt it for three years and I did. It was coming from her."

"Aren't you hungry?" she asked changing the subject. 'You haven't eaten anything since the accident and that was like more than 12 hours ago."

"Yeah, I am." he started walking to the door but stopped. "This would seem rude and all but why are you here?"

"Sorry, I'm working for Trunks. I didn't have anywhere to stay and there's a lab right here in the house."

"Ok. I'm Goten." he stretched his hand and she took it. As they touched, it felt like lightning had striked them. They let go and Goten left for the kitchen.

"Hope he doesn't tell anyone." she continued her inventory but all her thought went back to when they shook hands. She could still feel the electric pulse. "If his hands do that to me, I wonder what would be if he kissed me."

She sighted and continued working.

*Let's keep on dreaming Bra. he never saw you as a woman before and now he won't see you either.*

Goten went to the kitchen thinking of all the events of yesterday. He went to the kitchen and on the way he saw Vegeta. He looked at Goten with a murderous look.

"You got lucky kid." he said to him in a very low dangerous tone. "Be very careful next time you say something to me."

Vegeta continued on his way to his room leaving a very scared Goten. Bra had just gotten out of the lab when she saw and heard the warning that Vegeta gave out to Goten. Even if it wasn't directed to her, Bra got scared.

She walked up to Goten and shook him out of his stupor. He looked her and he noticed the resemblance to Bra.

"Did anyone told you that you look a lot like Bra?" he asked her while walking to the kitchen.

"Yeah."

"You even sound like her."

"Oh well."

The rest of the way was in total silence. They reached it and found Bulma cleaning out the dishes. She looked up and ran to Goten.

"How do you feel honey?"

"I feel fine Bulma. I've suffered worse before."

"No you haven't." she rebutted. "You were never at the brink of death."

"Still, I feel fine."

"Are you sure? Vegeta really did a number on you."

"Oh yeah."

"What did you do to make him so mad at you?" she asked him. Bra turned her attention to him waiting for an answer.

"I'd rather not say it to you." he looked down.

"Did it have anything to do with..." she stopped before the name but Bra knew they were talking about her. Goten just slumped on a chair. "You know, today is the exact date. It's been three years since she's been gone."

There was an uncomfortable silence in the room. They all turned their attention to Trunks and Pan as they entered the room. Trunks was ready to go to work on his suite and Pan was on normal wear. She didn't have to work that day.

"Everyone's here." said Goten. "Let's make the best of the day. Everyone just remember to be here at four o'clock. All my family and Krillin's will be here."

"We'll be here." was all and everyone left except Goten and Bra.

"What is going to happen at four o'clock." she asked him.

"You don't know?" she shook her head. "We're going to do a service for Bra. There's no trace of her in the planet, there's no other explanation. If you want, you can go but you don't have to."

"I'll go. I just didn't know."

"I'll see you there then." he got up, leaving all of the dishes on the table. "See you then."

*Dad didn't tell me they were doing a service for me. He doesn't tell me anything that goes on around here.*

Just then, Pan walked back in.

"I thought you were going to leave?" Bra asked.

"No. I was just saying good bye to Trunks."

"Do you have anything to do today?" asked Bra.

"Not really. I'm on my vacation from work. I get two whole weeks every year of the clinic."

"Do you want to help me with my work? I want to be done early to go to the stores and buy something to wear for the service."

"Of course I'll help. I don't have anything better to do around here anyway. I took the vacation this week because of Bra's disappearance and because of the tournament but on the other days there's nothing good to do around here."

They got up and went to the lab.

"While we work, we can talk about ourselves you know. If you're going to be living around here, you should know something about us." said Pan enthusiastically. "I don't really have any girl-friends that I can talk to after Bra disappeared. It will be good to hear a girls point of view on my problems and life. You don't know how different it is when I talk to Trunks and Goten than with my mom or grandmother."

"I can imagine." whispered Bra.

They both smiled and went on their way.

*It's going to be a very long day.*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< br>
AN : Here's chapter three people, tell me what you think of it.

Sorry for it being so late but my computer had some problems. And to make it worse, the electricity went out since 10 in the morning and I had to go to a friend's house to post it.

Next time is the service for the so deceased Bra who's attending her own funeral. Maybe she should just tell them she's alive to stop her family from suffering, although they did deserve it.

I haven't had a good day.

M. S.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas or the Holiday you celebrate.

JA NE