Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Basic Love ❯ The Truth ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Moon Star

Here's the four chapter people, I hope you enjoy it. I have more than 60 reviews, I feel so loved.

Disclaimer : I don't own them.



Basic Love
Chapter 4 : The Truth



In the afternoon at 3:55.

The preacher had already arrive and many of the guests were already there.

Bra was looking around for familiar faces, she saw 18, Krillin, Gohan, Videl, Chi Chi, Mr. Satan and many of her mom's close investors. With all of the people were newspaper reporters who she didn't know who they were after.

Some of them were all over Mr. Satan asking him what relations he had with the daughter of Bulma Briefs and some where all over the place asking for Pan and Trunks. Even with all the people she knew there, it seemed that no one recognized her.

Bra and Pan had gone out after she had finished her testing in the lab. She had bought normal clothes in black not to attract attention and to keep it as simple as possible. She bought a simple black skirt that went to her knees and a bottom up, short-sleeved blouse. The only jewelry she had on was her necklace.

She walked through the files of people until she felt someone grab her and lead her someplace outside. She turned around and saw Goku there. She was surprised at what he did and didn't know what to see. He was looking at her expecting for something to come out.

She just stood there. Finally, he spoke.

"How are you doing Bra?"

*He knows who I am.*

"Why do you call me that?" she asked stepping back. "I'm not Bra sir, I'm Sunset White."

He looked at her intently and noticed the necklace. He smiled and grabbed it. He almost got it off of her but she stopped his hand.

"If you're not Bra, then why are you wearing this?" he said still tugging at it.

*He knows about the necklace.*

"Alright, so I am Bra. Stop pulling it, you'll break it." He let go of it and crossed his arms on his chest.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked her.

"What am I doing?"

"You're attending your own supposed funeral making everyone believe that you are dead. That's what."

"So, why do you care? No one ever showed me they cared for me." She flew up to a tree and sat on a branch.

"Is that why you left?"

"Yes. I wanted to know who I was. I didn't have a normal life here and I wanted to feel good with myself because I achieved it."

There was some silence as Goku sat right beside her.

"You know, you're the only one that has figured out who I am. I mean, dad did know how I looked but you'd figure my mom would know me."

A tear started to fall down her cheek. "She didn't even recognize me."

"You have changed." he murmured. "If it wasn't that I felt your ki again after all these years in C.C.'s direction and saw you, I wouldn't have recognized you."

"The only other person that I know that felt my ki was Goten and of course my dad always could communicate with me."

"I know that. He came to me today, Goten, and told me that he had sensed you again. That really made me sure you were here."

"I knew I shouldn't have deactivated it." she said under her breath but Goku still heard her.

"What are you talking about?" he asked her giving her the truth look.

She looked down. "I made this device that hides your ki and I've been wearing it for these three years."

"You didn't want to be found, right." Bra turned to him and smiled.

"I really do think you understand me Goku."

"I understand you but, what I don't get is why you don't want to get them to stop this. This whole thing is killing your mother and brother. Everyone really misses you and you disappeared without a trace. What are you waiting for?"

"I don't know." she sighted and leaned on the trunk of the tree. "Maybe I should just get this over with. But, if I tell them I'm Bra, Trunks is going to hate me. He thinks I'm Sunset White and it's not going to appreciate that I lied to him."

"Neither will Goten right?" he asked knowingly. Bra blushed and looked at him. "You don't have to be shy around that Bra, I've known for a long time."

"Since when?"

"Since I saw you do that fake smile when Goten presented Paris to you. After they left, you had a murderous look on your face." he chuckled at the memory. "I wondered what you would do if she was on a dark alley."

"You saw me?"

"I was there Bra. I may have a low I.Q. but I'm not that stupid." he declared. "If anyone saw you like that, they would think you would kill someone."

"I didn't realize that. I had a crush on Goten at that time, but he saw me as a little sister."

"That's what you think." he said. "But, you don't have a crush on him now, sometime ago, your look for him changed. You fell in love with him, attraction turned to love."

There was a minute of silence.

"How do you know all that?" she asked unbelieving him.

"I know a lot of things Bra, I just don't say I know them."

"You know, I think it's good that someone except my father knows I'm alive."

"Well, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I don't want them to know the truth yet. At least, I want to wait until the tournament. I heard you weren't participating? Why aren't you?"

"Let's just say that there is a reason. Something very important is going to happen and I and Vegeta don't want to interfere with it."

"You're not going to say why are you."

"Nope and you can't make me."

"Never planed to." She jumped off the tree with Goku following her. "I have a question. If you sensed my energy, why didn't the others feel it too?"

"It's easy. Everyone truly believes your dead. They stopped believing that you would come back. They don't look for your energy anymore and it's not noticeable."

"Ok, all this power thing is really complicated." she said walking toward the crowd. Goku followed her and led her to where the others were.

"So, you're not going to reveal yourself today?"

"No. I'm going to wait for a while."

"Sure, it's going to be real bad to attend your own funeral."

They kept walking until they found Gohan and Videl talking to Bulma. Everyone moved toward them and the ceremony began.

"We're here today to say good bye to someone very special to us." began the spokesman.

Everyone turned to him and paid attention. Bra just stood there like everyone else waiting for all to be over.

A few hours later, it was over and everyone started saying their condolences to Bulma and Trunks. Vegeta hadn't been present for the whole time, he was leaning on a wall overlooking the whole thing.

*Bra.*

*Yes dad?*

*Why don't you stop this nonsense now.*

*I'm going to wait for a better time.*

*Everyone thinks you're dead, this is a better time.*

*Just wait dad, just wait.*

Vegeta started growling and left inside the house. It was her turn to turn to Bulma and say how sorry she was but she couldn't move. She started to move toward her with Goku's eyes following her. She was in front of her and opened her mouth to say something.

"I'm sorry Bulma." she cast her eyes down, not wanting to see her mother cry anymore.

"Thanks." was all that she heard her say and moved to Trunks.

"I'm sorry Trunks." she embraced him a little hug and left as quickly as possible. "I can't believe I did that."

She could probably kill herself. "They all look so miserable."

Just then, she saw Goten all alone beside the river. She debated whether or not go there or run as quickly as possible.

Then, he looked up and saw her. *There's no point in running now.*

She walked toward him and sat beside him. He didn't say anything, they sat there in total silence for some time.

"What are you doing here alone?" she asked him trying to get him to talk.

"Just thinking." Nothing else was said by him.

*He doesn't want to say anything.* She sat there uncomfortable by him.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked looking at him.

"About Bra."

"Oh."

He finally started to say something. "You know what my last words to her were?"

She shook her head.

"That she had no life. She left after I said that. It was all my fault she disappeared." His head hanged with no life.

"Things happen you know." she got him out of his thinking stage. "We say things we do mean or don't to people we actually care about and there is no way to take them back."

He looked at her surprised. He didn't know her and still, he felt good and safe with her. It was like he had known her for his whole life and had some kind of connection with her.

"Life is very complicated Goten, we all loose friends and family that we wish to remain with forever."

"I said that to her. I don't even want to know what she was thinking of me."

"I don't think she holded her grudge to you for long. We never do."

"I know but, she died thinking I actually meant those words. I was just mad, she always made me say things that I didn't mean."

This took her back. "You didn't mean what you said?"

"Of course not. I knew her ever since she was born. I was only five years older than she was you know. She's about your age, if she was alive. She and Trunks were always fighting, you know, like brother and sister. Trunks also cared for her a great deal but pride never lets us take our words back."

"What would you say to her if she was alive?" This got him by surprise. He started thinking what to say.

"I guess I would say I was sorry. She was one of the most important people on my life Sunset. I would have never made the same mistake again."

She put her hand on his shoulder and got up. "Get up and go to your family Goten. No one should be alone at a time like this."

With that, she left for her room.

Goten stood there watching her walk back to the house. *Something of that girl seems so familiar.*

She felt his eyes on her and she walked faster to avoid his gaze on her any longer.

She went inside her room, locked the door and fell on her bed.

"He would actually say that." she smiled and started to think. "If I reveal myself now, it would surprise everyone for sure but, if I reveal myself at the tournament, it would be a bigger shock."


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~

O.k., so this is a really little chapter. I want to say that I'm sorry for not knowing much about funerals and stuff, I've never been in one and I'm sorry for not knowing how you call the person that speaks in them but my knowledge of the English language is very little.

Next Chapter, the tournament is up and well, Bra is participating. I'm evil aren't I. I love writing fics.

Something really bad might happen but who knows, *I don't know and I'm the author.*

Oh well, we'll know on the next chapter.

M.S.

JA NE