Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Basic Love ❯ The Fight ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Moon Star

Sorry the chapter is late, read and enjoy it please. I'm thinking of putting this chapter and two more. Who knows, I'll put up the others as soon as I finish them.

This is a B/G with some T/P





Chapter 6 : The Fight


Bra stood there waiting for a reaction of his. The crowd was waiting for something to happen for the match to continue.

"What is going on down there?" asked an exasperated Bulma.

"Nothing much." replied Goku eating a sandwich.

"What do you mean nothing much. They're just standing there doing nothing."

"Goten's just surprised Bulma." answered Goku smiling and reaching for another one.

"Bulma," called Vegeta. "Look at the girl closely."

"Why?"

"Oh forget it." he humped and concentrated on the two young sayans.

Bra watched as Goten stayed there just frozen watching her.

*Why doesn't he just say something damn it.* this was infuriating her. *If he doesn't do something fast I'm going to kick his butt to the next dimension.*

Bra went to the necklace and picked it up. She left the transmitter out but put the music box back in. She glanced at the transmitter and sent a blast to it. Goten looked up to the explosion and saw Bra smirking.

"You finally woke up Goten, it's good to know you came back to the land of the living." she said sarcastically. "Do you have anything to say?"

"Why?" he asked.

"Why?" this took her aback. "You want to know why I left or why didn't I say anything."

He didn't respond to her. She advanced to him and hit him with all her power to get him to fight her.

"Aren't you going to fight me?" she asked crossing her arms, "Now you have an excuse."

She lunged herself at him and kicked him on the stomach. He doubled over from it, he hadn't been prepared for that.

She smirked and waited for him to get up. "It's time to give the audience what they paid to see." She lunged at him and started kicking and punching him, it seemed that he was actually taking this back seriously as he dogged and threw some of his own. The didn't notice it but they started to levitate as they started to get more serious.

Bra knew that Goten was stronger than her but he hadn't really paid any attention to his training lately so she could beat him or try to in this stage. Bra wanted a challenge now, she wanted Goten to go Super Sayan to see how strong he actually was. She had sparred with him before but Goten never took her seriously just like everyone else had been to her.

Goten had been almost a mystery to her for some parts but she actually did know a lot about him.

"Goten," she snarled. "I said to take me seriously, stop playing games and start fighting me like a sayan." She started to power up and turned Super Sayan, she smirked at the surprised face that Goten had on.

"Since when do you transform to S.S." he asked disbelieving.

"Some time, dad trained me when he went to visit me." She flew to him, "Now, stop talking and start moving. We're in a tournament not in the house in the Gravity room with all the time of the world."

Goten started to power up and turned Super Sayan too, they met head on on the sky and the audience started to cheer with their adreline flowing. Sometimes, they moved so fast that not even the gang could see their movements. The audience just stood there trying to catch up with what was going on in there.

Some minutes later, Bra and Goten flew back to the arena and just stared at each other.

"Bra, just because you're a Super Sayan doesn't mean you'll be able to beat me."

"I know, but I can still beat you up some. Maybe you've gotten soft and lost some of your proclaimed power." She started to rub her temple were she had a gash from one of Goten's punches. Bra smiled awkwardly as she saw that Goten had some rips on his clothes and a cut on his left cheek. They were both almost evenly matched up on the same level but Goten still had the advantage. Bra decided to make this even more interesting to her.

She knew that Goten could transform to S.S. 3 and if he did change, she knew she could loose. "Let's get on with this." she said as she started her attack again, She put two fingers on her forehead and smirked. She disappeared in a second and appeared behind Goten. He was trying to find her and found a warm breath on his neck. "You nay be stronger but you'll have to do better than that."

Somehow this tone sent shivers down his spine. All the time he had known Bra, she had never spoken so low or sensual. he smirked at the challenge and made a grab for her but as expected she disappeared before he could even turn. He found her floating on the air as if waiting for him to come and get her.

*I know what games you're playing Bra and remember the saying, if you play with fire you'll get burned.* He went up slowly up like waiting a long time to make her impatient. He was to her eyelevel and gave her his most malicious smile which only made Bra more eager to continue than to back down.

"How about we take this a little step further, huh Goten?"

"What are you saying?" he asked trying to sound with no idea.

"You know what I'm saying, go to S.S. 2, I know you can do it."

"And what if I don't?" he asked as if challenging to a new game they were playing alone. "What will you do?"

"I'll make you." she then, started powering up more, letting herself slip away and waited for the new surge of energy to come to her. She went S.S. 2 and waited for Goten to do the same.

"I wouldn't expect less from you." he explained and turned into it himself. "Let's play."

Bra lunched at him again like she did numerous times before. She wanted to give it all she had and more. She wasn't going to go down that easily and knew that after the fight was over, she wanted to have some respect around her.

She had achieved all she wanted to do when she left and more. She had made new friends and had other people she could depend on on the other side of the world. If she wanted to quit working for C.C. she could, there were many companies that rivaled it that wanted her to work for them. She didn't have to depend on anyone for anything but she still wanted her family.

The good thing for her was that she could see her dad almost regularly and he didn't treat her like a kid like the others had. Maybe he did sometimes but he did respect her and the decisions she made even if they were wrong. She would have never asked for a better father than she had, even he had accepted her feelings toward Goten.

She smiled inwardly and put her mind to the fight. Goten was giving it all he had and Bra was able to keep him from actually hitting him. It seemed that they were in an even playing field. Then, she managed to hit Goten on his temple making him loose his balance. He hit the ground as if he has passed out but got up and shook his head.

"That boy's gone soft." muttered Vegeta but loud enough for everyone of the gang to hear.

"That may be, but she really does know her stuff." answered Goku oblivious that it was an insult toward his son. "You really did a great job with her."

Bulma had tried to make sense of everything that was happening, she saw everyone giving her a look as if seeing what she was going to do. She had tied it up earlier, as she saw Sunset transform like a Super Sayan did. Her heart had made a leapt for joy and she understood that her daughter had been there alive. It seemed that Vegeta had noticed because as she gasped he drew her to him and put a hand on her shoulder.

Now, she had understood why Vegeta hadn't gone to the funeral and had been real mad when she had yelled at him for not having any feelings toward his own daughter. Vegeta had always said that Bra was okay but Bulma didn't have any hope.

*I wonder if you'll believe me the next time I tell you something.* he grumbled on his mind to her through their link. *If Bra was dead I would've just told you. Baka human women who always think the worse of everything.*

She smiled at him and leaned her head to his shoulder. *I should have known better.* she got up and shouted to Bra.

"Bra, beat that boy up. Maybe then this hardheaded sayans will know what we're truly made of." she gave her own Vegeta smirk at her and sat down. Bra and Goten had been taken up surprisingly with Bulma's shouting. Bra smiled at her mother and saw as Goten snorted.

"Like you could."

"Maybe I can." she had no preoccupations now that her mother knew the truth. No one that she left behind was left on the dark and it seemed that no one hold something against her. Maybe her mother would scold her and hug her to death but she didn't know what Goten would do.

She had been so caught up on her thought about him that she didn't see Goten come up behind her and hit her beside the head. She fell to the floor without moving a muscle. Goten went down and waited for her to get up. She didn't and the announcer started to count.

"1... 2... 3"

Bra began to stir but didn't get up.

"4... 5... 6... 7... 8..."

Bra started to get up but fell completely, she had become exhausted.

"... 9... 1..."

As the announcer began to say ten, she got up completely and flexed her neck.

"It looks like the match continues folks," started the announcer. "This has been one fo the most interesting fights for many tournaments. I'll wonder who'll ever be the winner... will truly deserve it."

"Goten," she fumed. "You didn't have to hit so hard, she could have broken my head for all you cared."

"I thought you were going to dodge it, you were distracted so don't blame it on me."

"Well, how about I kick you so hard that you'll feel your stomach flung and cringe, that'll make you see how it feels to hurt a lot."

"Remember that your father almost killed me two days ago, I think I've been in a lot of pain to not sustain that."

"Still, I'm going to get you for that. You are not going to win this so easily." He started to levitate but stopped as Bra disappeared and appeared right over him. She smirked and threw a ki blast at him. It hit him squared on his stomach, this had been one of Bra's strongest attacks. He was repulsed by the force of it that he went flying to the ground. Hi almost hit the ground but stopped his falling to it.

"I'll get you for that Bra, this means war."

"When did I ever said that it wasn't? You've been saying that since we were little but, I still haven't heard the fireworks saying you won."

"I think you'll hear them this time." he put a smug face.

"Don't get ahead of time Goten, maybe you'll trip on that ego of yours and finally see reality."

"I don't think so little girl, I only affirm the truth."

"We'll see about that." they both elevated further and went to each other. The fight had started again and the crowd that was getting restless started cheering again. All the girls sighted and cheered for Goten, while the guys whistled at Bra.

After some restless minutes of punching and kicking, Goten wanted this to end. He stopped and started to power up to Super Sayan 3. Bra saw this and knew that this was her chance to take him for surprise. Just before he could finish powering up, she started her most powerful attack.

"Big Bang Attack!!!" she called and the ball started to form on her hand. It went out and headed straight to Goten. It hit contact and the whole sky went yellow. There were some minutes were no one could see what had happened up there. Bra started to adjust her eyesight to find Goten but the smoke was too much for her.

She started to descend to the arena to wait for it all to clear out but found some arms sneaking their way by her waist. She shrieked and tried to pull away but it had a powerful lock on her.

"Bra, be more careful when you do that, you could have killed me." whispered Goten.

"That was my intention." she said unaffected by the tone of his voice. She turned around and saw that his clothes were rags hanging on his body loosely and one of his legs was bleeding badly. It looked like his tibia was broken. She used his distraction and appeared behind him. She turned his arm behind and with a snap, she dislocated it.

"Damn it!" she heard him hiss."

"Sorry, did that hurt?" she asked with an angelic voice.

"Of course it did!" he almost shouted trying to put it back in place. "I'm going to get you for this Bra, just wait until we're alone on the gravity room at home."

"Oh I'm so scared." she said sarcastically. "I'm going to suffer so much." She put a hand on her forehead on mock horror.

"You can call it that." he smiled mischievously, he started to put his arm in place and got something out of his pocket. Bra looked at it and saw a sensu bean. He ate it and started moving his arm.

"No fair, you can't do that. It's not only that you can be Super Sayan 3 but you have a sensu bean. Who gave that to you?"

"No one, I always have some to spare from the matches with your father and brother." He put both his hands on his face and said, "I'm going to make this as painless as possible for you, but in the house I will have no mercy for ya."

She crossed her arms in the same stance as her father and waited for him to do what he wanted to do. He closed his eyes and shouted, "Flash Attack!!"

Bra tried to shield her eyes but failed to protect them. In an instant, the sky turned yellow and everyone groaned at the illumination. Goten knew where she was and started his attack, his leg had healed with the sensu bean and helped him to support the attack.

"Ka... Me... Ha... Me... Ha!!!!!!!!!" the flash went to her and she put her arms in front of her to shield herself. She knew it was helpless for her. It wouldn't hurt her, pretty hard, but it would still be strong enough to weak her defenses. She felt the attack as it burned some of her skin and clothes. She was starting to look like Goten with the ragged clothes and dried blood on every part of her body.

Goten knew that the Kamehameha had hit her square on. She felt her energy start to diminish and she went from Super Sayan 2 to 1 and went out. She felt herself falling from the sky to the ground and her body's energy had been spent trying to stay up. She knew it was just like Goten when she had come up but this time there wouldn't be someone there to get her.

She closed her eyes and waited for impact but it never came. She felt some arms slip around her and putting her on the floor. She opened her eyes and saw the blurry face of Goten.

"Just wait... just wait..., I'm going to get... get you for this." she managed to say before slipping to unconsciousness. Goten smiled.

"Same Bra." he put her down and went to the arena. The sky was returning to it's normal color and everyone saw Goten smiling on the arena waiting for the announcer to say he had won and an unconscious Bra laying on the soft grass.

"It looks like one of the fighters is out of the rink and unconscious. Goten has won the match everyone, he advances to the finals." The crowd started to cheer and Bulma ran down the stairs to her daughter. Goten walked toward her and cradled her in his arms. He waited for Bulma to come to them and led her inside.

Goten went inside the luncheon and put Bra on the table. Bulma started to fuss but stopped as Goten got out a sensu bean and gave it to her. Everyone else soon followed, coming in trying to see how Bra was.

"You didn't have to be so rough on her Goten." reprehended Trunks. "She looks dead."

"You say that because you don't know what went on. She broke my leg and dislocated my arm. I had to take a sensu bean to be able to move my arm a little."

"She's still going to kill ya when we get home." reasoned Pan.

"I know." sighted Goten, "Still, it's good to see her again."

Then, they heard the announcer call the next match. Pan and Trunks had to go to their fight leaving them behind.

"She was right there in front of me and I didn't even realize it. What kind of mother am I?" said Bulma crying. She turned to Vegeta and cried on his chest. He didn't like to make any affection on front of others but he still put an arm around her waist and whispered.

"The mother who had given up hope."

"I feel so bad for myself. I never listened to you when you said she was fine."

"We're all disappointed in ourselves Bulma." reasoned Chi Chi. "We all thought that. We should have realized that she wasn't a little girl but someone who could take care of herself. The good thing is that she's back. she's back to all of us."

"You're right Chi," Bulma wiped her tears and smiled. "I'm never going to let her out of my sight again."

"Yes you will." grumbled Vegeta. "You won't want to be there when she's with her mate on the bedroom."

"That won't be for a long time Vegeta."

"Don't be too sure." He eyed Goten carefully noticing the way he looked at Bra and remembered the time when Bra told him about her feelings. "It may be sooner than expected."

Everyone heard the explosions outside meaning that the fight had began.

"We better go out there to see what's going on." said Videl. "Bulma, you should come with us, Bra will be fine and I'm sure you won't want to miss this."

"I don't think I should Videl. I don't want to leave her here." She sat right beside Bra and took her hand. Goku moved beside Vegeta and motioned for him to get her. He sighted and went to her.

"Woman, let's go outside. Bra should recover in a minute or two." Bulma looked into his eyes and saw the hurry of it. Why, she mouthed. He motioned for Goten and she understood. Goten had blamed himself worse than all of them, he needed some time alone with her for his own peace.

"Alright." she stood up, gave a kiss to Bra and went with everyone else to their seats. She glanced back and smiled at him.

Goten went to the chair that Bulma left and sat. He looked at Bra's face with dried blood and saw the gash on her temple. Some of the blood had dried up but it was still flowing.

"I think she needs another sensu bean. I shouldn't have used the Kamehameha on her, I need to start controlling myself."

He went to the counter and got a towel to clean up all the blood. He could hear the cheering from the match outside but paid more attention on the girl, no woman in front of him.

Since when had he seen her as a woman? he asked himself and chuckled at his loss of memory. It had been since that new years party when she had been 16. Bulma threw a party and everyone had been invited, even Vegeta was there. He hadn't had much choice with Bulma's threats on the Gravity room.

Everyone had to come in a disguise and with a mask on their face so that they wouldn't be recognized. He had come dressed as a count of the old England. He had on a black tuxedo and a black cape. He also had a mask that concealed his features but he knew that because of his hair, everyone would recognize him.

He had looked around but couldn't find Trunks, Pan or Bra. Marron had caught a cold and the winter could make it worse so she had to stay at the island of Master Roshi. He started to walk around when he saw a girl with a red gown that went to her feet. It was tight on her waist and had a low cut. You could see that the dress revealed a lot of cleavage and the girl had her hair down. She had on a mask that covered her face from eyes up and had some feathers that adorned it like a crown.

She had gone to him and got him to dance, he spent the whole time dancing with her in the party and well, just before the year ended, Bulma put a clause on everyone. You had to kiss the person you were dancing with after New Years came.

She started the countdown and before I knew it, she kissed me. She had tasted so sweet, like strawberry and left me just dazed. Then, she disappeared and never left. It came to me that it had been Bra, after that I couldn't stop thinking about her. I don't know why she did it, but with that kiss it had made something inside of him stir.

He could still taste her lips on his after all those years. "Maybe, she didn't know the effect she had on me."

Bra stirred like if she was waking up but she just turned. Her fingers started to move but she didn't wake up. He got the cloth and cleaned her arms and face. He saw her wince at the contact with the gash but still cleaned it up. It was healing right now, he concentrated on her neck and opened the necklace. The music box started to work and he hummed the song as the melody played.

Bra started to open her eyes and saw a blurry expression beside her. She saw the way his hair went and recognized Goten. He was humming her song looking directly as something. She guessed that he was thinking of something.

She moved her arms to her sides and started to sit up. Goten noticed the movement and glanced at her. She was smiling at him playfully with affection.

"You beat me." she started to make conversation.

"Yes I did." he smirked at her and got up. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Nothing," she went to the showers. "For now."

She got her duffel bag and went in. Goten heard the water running and sighted. He couldn't believe that she was there, at his reach. She was alive and looked like she didn't hold a grudge for what happened in the past.

Lost in his thoughts, he didn't hear the shower turn off or Bra getting out on just a towel. She observed him and went to her locker to get the soap. There had be no one on the shower were she was showering. She went to the counter and reached for one. She reached up and didn't notice that her towel had gone up a little that showed some of her butt.

*Oh boy.* he whimpered. *Why did this happen to me?*

Bra went back to her shower and finished up. Goten started having some mental pictures of her. She came out wearing the outfit she had on before the fight, her red dress and heels. This put her at the same height at him and she liked that. She tiptoed to him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

He had on an expression of bewilderment. She smiled at him and said, "Thank you for the sensu beans. And don't think that I'll forget for you cheating with it. I'm going to find a way to get back at you." she went to the door with her bag bouncing her hips. She knew that she had an effect on him by the way he was looking at her and she liked it. Maybe he even felt something for her more than friends or just lust.

Outside, the match between Pan and Trunks had ended some minutes ago. Trunks won but he wasn't spared of Pan's wrath. He looked as battered as he did when he trained with Vegeta. Pan had landed out of the rink with a powerful attack that Trunks threw at her it seemed. She was mad at him for doing so but Bra didn't pay it no mind.

The audience was static waiting for the last match. As soon as Goten stepped out looking for Bra, he was called to start the last match. This one had no limit on time like the others which meant it could last as long as it could. She went to where her mother and father were sitting with Pan who was huffing for having lost like that.

"Here it is everyone," began the announcer, "the last match of this year's tournament. The winner will have 50,000,000 zenny. On the next tournament, he will officially be in without having to do the test like veryone else."

The bell sounded and the announcer stepped down.

"Go for it Goten!" shouted Bra making sure he could hear her. He saw her smile and returned it with one of his own.

"What could go wrong?" he asked himself and got ready for the fight.

"Is there something between you and my little sister Goten?" asked Trunks giving him a hard stare that would make any man cringe.

"No." answered Goten.

"You better not be lying."

"Why should I be?"

"Because of the way you look at her." he stated launching at him, "And the way she looks at you."

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------

"What are they doing?" asked Bra to her father.

"Talking."

"While their fighting?"

"Just small talk."

What could they be talking about? They've been going at it for 20 minutes and they're doing small talk!? I will never understand guys. She shook her head and paid attention to them. Goten had been holding out pretty good on Trunks but still, Trunks was stronger than him. They had both gone Super Sayan 3 just after it all started. They wanted to get this over as soon as possible. Waiting around was not going to do the trick for them.

Bra was bored to death here, she already knew who was going to win. She was sure that everyone else knew who would too. She glanced around to her family and close friends but saw that they were paying attention to the fight. She sighted and yawned. Then, she heard an explosion above but couldn't see anything because of the smoke.

"What happened?" she asked Vegeta.

"Goten's done for." he answered.

She looked closely and saw somebody fall from the sky. She gasped as she recognized him. She went down the steps to the arena and waited for Goten to fall into the ground. He hit it and she rushed to him. Trunks came down and bowed to everyone. All the girls were cheering and screaming at him.

"This years winner is Trunks Briefs. Let's have a cheer for him ladies." the girls screamed louder and Pan cringed.

"They better know he's engaged." she went down the steps to help Bra with Goten who was still unconscious. Trunks soon followed them to where he lay.

"What did you do to him Trunks?" yelled Bra trying to wake him up.

"He looks dead." said Pan getting in the conversation.

"He's not." explained Trunks. "I just hit him below the neck for him to pass out. He'll come around in five minutes or so."

"He better," menaced Bra, "Or something bad will happen to you."

She and Pan carried him inside and got his things ready.

Suddenly Pan had the urge to ask something to Bra. "Bra, um, what is going on?"

"What do you mean?" she said not even bordering to look at her.

"You know what I mean, about your feelings for my uncle."

"Nothings going on." she replied almost too quickly for Pan's liking. she started to notice the way she was sweat dropping.

"You still love him?" she asked more in a statement than a question.

"Of course not."

"You do. After three years you're still in love with him." Bra blushed as Pan smirked. "You haven't even told him have you?"

"No."

"But it's been over five years. What started as a crush transformed into love Bra, until you tell him you'll never know how he feels."

"I'm scared. What if he hates me for making him believe that I was Sunset, not telling him that I was Bra." She looked at his face and traced his yaw with her finger. "He acted like he hated me when I left, how am I supposed to know what he feels now."

"You know pretty well that either you or Trunks always involved him on your fights. Every sayan when they get hot headed, they will do anything to say they're right. We just shout things that come to our minds even if we don't mean it. We also take the things they say to heart."

"I don't blame him for saying it." stated Bra. "I really don't, he opened my eyes and made me make one of the most important decisions of my life."

"That's how you feel, but he doesn't know that. He's one of us that really did change after you left. He spent his whole time in his room, waiting for you to come back. He didn't say it out loud but he blamed himself for what happened. His whole personality changed you know, he even had nightmares about you. He kept on shouting your name again and again."

"I didn't know he would react that way." murmured Bra.

"We all did B." Pan approached her and gave her a hug. "Don't you ever do that again, it wasn't a nice thing to do."

"I'm sorry."

"I know, what you have to do now, is talk to him." Goten started to move his hands to his face trying to wake up. Pan moved out of the room leaving Bra and Goten alone.

"Who ever thought so much could happen in one day." she said to herself moving to where her family and Trunks were. "I just hope she can talk to him truthfully."

"Who you talking to Beautiful?" asked Trunks wrapping his arms around her waist.

"To myself."

"You going crazy now." he said laughing.

"No, it's been an exhausting day with too many things going on."

"I know." he looked around looking for someone, "Where's Bra and Goten?"

"Inside, they need to talk something out."

"You think they should be alone if they start to fight?"

"Look who's talking, you and her are the ones that made him get into your arguments."

"So."

"So, this means that all this was your fault from the beginning."

"You're talking crazy now."

"No I'm not. If your dumb enough to hire your sister to work for the company, you're dumb enough to do that."

"I didn't mean that to happen you know." he said looking right into her black eyes. "You do believe that don't you?"

"Yeah, I do." she gave out a deep sight. "Now, be quiet before I tell Bulma and Vegeta. Then, you'll really be in trouble. I swear, sometimes that head of yours without talking to your brain gets you in a lot of trouble."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Here's chapter six everyone. Sorry for it being too late. Please tell me if you like it.

Next chapter : Bra and Goten have a little talk about the past and things they haven't said to each other. Maybe I should torture them a little more.

See ya readers... ... ... ... Adios.

M.S.