Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Basic Love ❯ Confessions of the Heart ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Moon Star

Chapter seven is here everyone, I hope you like it.

This is a B/G and some P/T.

If you don't like, then don't read.

M.S. : I am not responsible for the insanity that I am writing, blame it on my muse, she made me do it really. Blame her, thank you for the moment of truth.

Muse : Come on Moon Star, it's time to write the chapter.

M.S. : But I don't want to, you'll make me write things that I won't know where they came from.

Muse : You know that's not true. I won't make you, you can write whatever you want, just let me back in.

M.S. : If you say so, okay.

Muse : Naive girl, (laughs maniacally) you should never believe what muses say.

M.S. : You said you wouldn't.

Muse : I said no such thing, you wrote what you wanted, now it's my turn to have fun.

M.S. : Help me!

Muse : No one can hear you. Now, let's start typing.




Disclaimer : I don't own any of the characters in this story.

(Muse : You wish you did though.)
(M.S. : Shut up!)
(Muse : Like that ever works. Go on and read. The crazyness has began. MWAHAHAHA!!!)



Basic Love
Chapter 7 : Confessions of the Heart



Bra watched as Goten kept on rubbing his face and started to get up. She knew that he would need to take have of a sensu bean is he wanted to walk straight without falling. She knew how it felt to be dropped unconscious by Trunks. He usually did it every time she and him were sparring, he just did it to prove he could beat her just leaving her like that.

Goten blinked and tried to a costume his eyes to the light. "Bra, it's that you?" he asked hoarsely. He made a move to get up but stumbled down. Bra went to him and searched his pockets for any sensu beans. She found two on his upper-left pocket and gave him one.

"Thanks." he murmured to her. He put a hand on her face and hugged her. She hugged back and let herself drift into his form. "Please, forgive me Bra. I should have never said what I did."

He spoke the words with deep regret and sincerity. "I know Goten, I know."

"You should have never listened to what I said that day, I don't know what came over me." he continued to apologize at her and hugged her closer. Minutes later, he finally let go of her and observed her features.

"I'm sorry for leaving all of you like that." she murmured. "I just didn't want to be found." Her eyes started to water. "Pan told me about your nightmares, if I knew all that would happen, I wouldn't have left like that."

She went to the chair and sat down, Goten kept himself on the counter. "I needed time for myself. Whether you believe it or not, you really made me see that my life had no meaning."

"That's not right Bra."

"It was. I made something of myself." she giggled. "Even Trunks hired me to work for C.C."

"It had to have been a surprise for you." Goten laughed with her.

"It was, I never imagined that he would hire me. When I received the letter by him asking me to join C.C., I thought I was dreaming."

They stopped laughing and looked at each other. Bra started to feel nervous of his piercing gaze.

"You've changed." he said absent minded. "You've changed a lot physically and emotionally."

"I know, being on my own and having classes, it changed my attitude toward people and to myself." she looked down at her feet. "Life is easier when you don't confront it, I did just that and found what I wanted to do with my life."

"What do you want to do with your life?" he asked prompting her.

"I want to have a steady job just like everyone else. I don't want to always depend on my mom's money."

"That's rational." he murmured.

"I also want to have a family, I want a house for myself, my husband and for my children." His heart stopped at the mention of a husband. "What do you want to do with your life Goten?"

"Basically the same thing. I already have a steady job, I'm thinking of buying a house and some property from the money that I've saved from my job. I'd also like to have some children and a wife." he tried to see her reaction and she smiled at him.

"So, who would you like to spend the rest of your life with? Are you still going out with Paris?" At the mention of that name, Goten straightened up and his eyes grew cold. Bra got concerned and asked if she said something wrong.

"No, you didn't. You've been gone for three years, how could you know what had been happening here."

"What happened?"

Goten hesitated but gave up his answer. "You know that Paris and I have been going out for more than five years. Well, it turns out that she had been cheating on me for months. She never did love me, I don't even know what I saw in her when I went out with her. I really thought that she was my soul mate."

"I'm sorry Goten, you must have really loved her then."

"You know what, after some time, I realized that actually, I only felt attracted toward her. I hadn't actually loved her but made myself believe that I had."

Bra felt her heart beat faster. *He never really loved her, that's the best news I could ever have.*

Goten saw her eyes light up as he made his explanation. He smiled secretly to himself and continued. "Then, I found out what a stupid man I had been."

"Why?" she asked interested.

"Because, I had suppressed my feelings for a girl that I knew. She was all I ever wanted but..." he trailed off.

"But what?" she asked impatiently.

"But I could never have her." he responded. "I missed my chance with her because of my own stupidity."

He gave a deep sight and got up. He went to his things and went to a shower. Bra heard the water running and smiled. *I wonder who he was talking about.*

She pondered herself for the identity of the girl he was talking about. He had never showed any interest on any girl beside Paris. She had been his first girlfriend and if she recalled correctly, he hadn't had any other relationships or he would have said it.

*The only time that I remember him kissing another girl is on that party. I kissed him because mother said it was tradition, I didn't know if he recognized me. I'll have to ask him about that girl, who could she be?*

Some time later, Goten came out with his hair damp and his face red from the hot water. He stepped in front of the mirror and started to dry his hair with his towel. Bra stood there watching him, as he vainly tried to dry his untamed hair. She gave a sight giving up and going to him.

"You know that is you just shoot you're ki up, it'll dry faster."

"I know."

"Then why don't you do it?" she asked impatiently.

"I don't know, I just don't like to do it that way. Do you?"

"Sometimes when I'm in a hurry. But, your hair, you know that it is as impossible as my dads." she put her hand on his hair and shot some energy to it. In seconds, the hair was dried and in his usual shape and style. "Now, wasn't that easy?" She looked at him through the mirror and saw him smile at her actions.

"It was. You were always right."

"Even when we were fighting." she said eagerly.

"Not on those times."

"I'll dismiss that for now." she said giving him the eye. He cringed and she hi-fived herself. *I still have it.*

"So, what about you Bra? Do you have anyone in mind for your future plans?" Goten sat down on a chair right in front of hers.

Bra hesitated but tried to say something not actually letting him know like he had. "Well, I did have a guy in mind when I was thinking all this. He's always been there helping me in some unimportant and important matters although he doesn't realize it."

"Do I know him?" he managed to ask. *I can't believe she actually loves someone. He's a lucky guy to have her heart like that. It makes me wish I had a girl like that.*

"You could say that." she said timidly. *Although I know you'll never figure out who.*

"You want to give me a hint?" he asked eagerly.

"Well, he's a good person and really truthful with everyone."

"That's not specific Bra."

"I won't go into details. It's never been like me to do so."

"That's one thing about you Bra, you're always doing ways to get me loose my sanity." he said moving his arms crazily above his head.

"Excuse me if that's the way I am." she said crossing her arms Vegeta style. "I don't care if you like the way I act..."

Goten stopped her in the middle of her sentence, "Who said I didn't like it?" It took her by surprise.

"Maybe by the way you were moving your arms above your head. That may have been a potential clue."

"You're getting feisty." he sing-song.

"I can get feisty whenever I want Goten, I rule over myself and it is my attitude. I can do whatever I want with it."

"I didn't say you didn't."

"You were implying it."

"I did no such thing."

"You did, you were always saying or doing something to me."

"Things like what?" he countered attacked.

"Like how you always did something to make me tick, always playing pranks on me like I was a toy you could humiliate whenever you liked."

"What pranks?"

"There was once when you changed my shampoo for red dye. I had red hair for over a month. Mom thought I was reveling and grounded me. First I didn't know who it was but I heard you laughing telling Trunks how you put it in and heard me scream when I got out of the shower."

"I was ten!"

"So we're back to the age issue. How about the time you hid my car keys and stole all of my capsules. I had to ask nichaan for his car that you rigged. I didn't know how to fly and I was stranded on a road that no on e went to frequently. I was there for a whole day and it rained."

"Look at it this way Bra, you learned to fly after that."

"I would have eventually, I had to walk all the way back with high heels. I couldn't walk on my feet for a whole week."

"Not my fault you wore them."

"Don't you get smart with me Goten Son, you are not that intelligent."

"Says who?"

"I do."

"You always blamed me for those things you know."

"They were all mainly donned by you."

"No they weren't. I confess that I did do the hair dye thing but the car was all Trunks. I'm saying the truth."

"Why should I believe you?"

"Because I don't know where you put your stuff fin you room Bra."

"Neither does Trunks."

"No, but he has more access to it than I do. I didn't even know you had a car." There was some silence as Bra packed all this into her mind."

"Still, why should I really believe you?"

"You don't have any prove."

"I don't have any prove of the dye thing and I know you did it."

"Yeah, because you heard me, you can just ask Trunks about it, he'll tell you the truth."

"You know he won't. He knows how mad I was after I came back."

"But you do believe me right." he asked sincerely. "I'm telling the truth, I would've never done that to you."

"Why not? I thought you couldn't stand me at that age."

"I didn't actually hate you." he said looking down. "You just made me all confused and were always picking up fights with me."

"You made it too easy for me."

"What do you mean I made it too easy?"

"You were always ready to start fighting me, it was always fun to be able to fight with someone else than my brother."

"Now, I'm the one who feels like a toy being used."

"You weren't that used, you liked it."

"What do you mean I liked it?"

"You liked it when we fought, that's why I didn't feel bad about saying the things I did."

"Then, why did you look so hurt?"

"I don't know, time passed and neither of us enjoyed the fighting anymore. Also, Trunks was always getting you against me."

"I know, every time I walked into your house, you and your brother were fighting. Nest thing I knew, you and I were getting all worked up about something I didn't even knew. I never knew why we were fighting in the first place."

"I felt like that too."

"Then why did we continue fighting?" she asked trying to figure herself out.

"I don't know, I guess it was the habit."

"That sounds as stupid as it actually was."

"I know."

There were some minutes of silence between the two. "What were we talking about before we got carried away?"

"You know Bra, you just want to seem like you don't remember."

"I am not like that."

"You are when you want to be."

"I am not."

"You are, we all are." They both stood quiet for a minute. "I think we sound like Bulma and Vegeta."

Bra trembled at the thought. "I want you to never say that again if you want to live." murmured Bra.

"I know, it's a scary thought to be turned into Bulma and Vegeta."

"I can't be like my mother, it's just not possible."

"It is. You look like her when she was your age, you have the same traits that she has, you know a lot about machines and inventions like your mother does."

"Alright, alright. So I am like my mother but that part about her and dad is just scary."

"I know, my dad told me that your mother and father were always fighting like we always did. Next thing they all knew, she was pregnant with Trunks and they were happy."

"How could anyone get together like that is beyond me."

They stood there looking at each other's eyes. Bra wanted to say how confused she was of her feelings. In the U.S. she had buried any emotion and concentrated on her studies. Some of the time, her thoughts would lead her to Goten and the time he was nice to her and loving, even if it was the sister love. He had always known when she was hiding things from him and tried to keep her in good humor.

*What is she thinking about?* he had always known when she was hiding her thoughts. She never let him know what she was thinking unless she wanted to.

*Why is he looking at me like that?* she knew he was trying to figure her out. "Stop doing that Goten, you know you'll never be able to brake my defenses."

"Can't blame a guy for trying."

"Yes I can. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that, it wasn't your fault that I left." Goten made a move to protest but she put a finger on his lips silencing him. "Let me finish."

"I don't blame you for saying that, it was the truth of the matter and you made me realize that. I mean, if you wouldn't have hurt me like that I would have never decided to leave and try to make something of myself. No one knew this but, my dad knew where I was. He came to see me every weekend and he would tell me what was going on."

"He went to see you every weekend." he said disbelieving her own words. "Is that why we could never find him or feel his ki?"

"Yeah, I had my own Gravity Room and I also made a device that transported us to a deserted place, no one could feel where we were. Also, I installed the device of ki-hiding in it. That's why you couldn't feel our ki's or the power we were unleashing."

"You invented this things that transported you to another place?"

"Not place exactly but a whole new dimension. This universe is vast and our knowledge is very poor on that subject."

"Don't get all science on me, you know how I hate that."

"It's the future you know. I won't get sidetracked I promise." she closed her eyes and let the tranquility flow through her.

"Why didn't your dad just said you were alive?"

"Because you wouldn't believe him if he didn't give you any prove."

"Yeah, but it wasn't like we wanted to have you here to know you were okay."

"Your dad knew I was alive."

"He did."

"Yeah, I was surprised when he confronted me on the funeral yesterday. You know, he knows more about all of us that he let's us believe."

"He knew and didn't tell me. How could he?"

"He thought you would realize it yourself Goten. You just had to remember that I was a half-sayan as strong as Pan. You would've known I wouldn't die just like that, I could survive many things that normal girls couldn't."

She waited for Goten to say something but saw regret and a look of scolding on his own self.

"Why don't you say something." He didn't respond at first but, he looked into her eyes and started to try and form words to say what he wanted her to hear.

"Well.." she was getting impatient.

"Even if you say, that you blame me for saying what I said to you not only that day but your whole life, I do regret it." Bra opened her mouth to say something but closed it waiting for him to continue.

"I would do anything in the world to take those words back Bra, anything." he was almost imploring.

"I said that you shouldn't feel- -"

"I'll still be if you don't say you forgive me."

"Forgive you for what, for opening my eyes to the life that I was wasting all the days doing nothing for myself. I would prefer to burn in hell than to continue the life I was living. Sure, I had everything everyone would want, a rich family, cars, credit cards, luxury, a walking closet with clothes that I would never be able to wear before I actually died but no one of those things would make me feel as good as being respected."

"I just want you to say you forgive me for all the words I said to you during your life."

"I shouldn't forgive you Goten," her eyes softened. "I should be treating you like a God." she laughed at the statement.

"If it makes you feel any better then, I do forgive you. I forgive you for all the things you ever said to me or did to me." she heard him give a sight of relief. "That still doesn't mean you won't get a beating from me in the house."

He snorted at her statement and responded. "Dream on princess."

"Princess right, I am the princess of all sayans and don't you forget it." she playfully nudged him with her finger on his chest.

"Yes your highness."

"I am not your highness, I am just Bra." he smiled, typical of her to do that. Make you grovel at her feet and for her to tell you not to, like she's not liking it. "At least, not yet."

He cocked an eyebrow at her response and grinned. She returned his grin with a truthful smile. "You know, I was always wondering," began Bra. "Do you remember that New Years that we had to dress for the party and you were dressed as a count?"

Goten blushed remembering their kiss. Thoughts of that moment and the feel of her lips against his began to evoke from his mind. "Thought so."

*She knows that I know that it was her.*

"I guess you already knew but, the girl you danced with was me." she felt like a huge boulder was off of her shoulder. Even if he knew, she still couldn't keep that inside her. His kiss had been so different from the ones that she had before. No other boy, could awake the feelings that the kiss he gave her did. After it, she had felt a need to feel it again but, her fear of rejection pushed her back.

"I knew it was you." he confirmed her thoughts with his true.

"Did you feel something? I mean, did you feel anything special about it?"

It took him by surprise on how she could approach that question. He had always pondered that if he loved Paris, then why was he dreaming and thinking of Bra in his arms. The kiss had unleashed deep-buried emotions in him and he hadn't liked it. He tried to get away from her for some time but being so far away, still fell so close to her. He looked at her face trying to figure out what she wanted from him. A straight answer or just reassurance that it had just been a kissed.

*Why doesn't he answer me?* her eyes started to water. *Was I the only one that felt those feelings go trough me and turn me inside out and weak in his arms. I knew I shouldn't have asked.*

She tried to hold the tears back, she didn't want him to see how his delaying was hurting her. All she wanted was a no, it was just a kiss or a yes, it felt special.

Goten saw how her face constrained trying to keep it straight. He knew she was about to brake down letting him see the tears she never allowed anyone to see but her father or mother.

He then remembered when he woke up in the house after Vegeta beat the hell out of him. He remembered how she watched him and make sure he was okay. He remembered how a shot of electricity shot through his arm as he shook her hand. He had been shaken by this but paid it no mind. Now, he remembered that the mere touch or contact of her body to his, made him loose control. He moisted his lips trying to find the right words to say.

*How exactly am I suppose to feel for her? Is this just lust or... No, it couldn't be it.* he shook his head trying to keep his thoughts in the present thing. He had to answer her, he knew he would have to say either the truth or just say it didn't mean nothing.*

Bra took the silence as if he was trying to find a way to break it to her that it was just a kiss. It was just what you did in a party as the tradition. She turned her head trying to hide her face from his gaze. She didn't want him to see the tears that came out showing her despair and hurt.

Just as suddenly, a sob escaped her lips and she put her hand to cover the ones that were forcing their selves out of her. She had been quick enough to not let it go, Goten's hearing picked it up and he broke out of his thinking stage.

He focused his gaze on Bra and found her turned and her head bowed in rejection. As if sensing him go toward her, she took a step forward, getting away from him. He sensed her hostility to his closeness, she didn't want to feel him close to her to see his eyes. It would tell her what she feared most in the world.

He pulled his hand back. *What am I going to do?* he passed his hand through his hair trying to calm his nerves.

"Bra." he tried on calling her, she didn't even acknowledge him. "Bra, come on. Turn around please."

This time, she turned around and faced him almost defiantly like a tiger that is defending her territory. "Don't worry Goten, it happened five years ago, I wouldn't have expected you to actually care of it."

Her cold voice sent chills up to his body from his toes. He could sense her emotions being shut down and him being an intruder on her space.

"It wasn't like that, I was just," he fidgeted with the words he had organized but found out that they had gone out of his brain.

"You were what? I said for you to forget it, I don't expect you to remember what you felt that day."

He saw her plastered a smile all over her face and saw how it twitched on the corners. That had always been a sign that she was hiding her own feelings. He shook his head at her trying to leave it alone.

"It's not like I don't remember, I just wanted to think on what to say."

"You don't have to say anything." she turned her eyes to the window and just stared at nothing specifically.

"You know, the kiss- -" she winced at his voice. "It did mean something to me."

She didn't almost hear him. It took her completely by surprise how he just said it. "What did it mean?"

"I don't know B. That's why I was quiet, something happened after that but, I'm not sure what."

"You were confused?"

"Yeah." he blushed as she smiled at his predicament.

"I felt the same way." He looked surprised but smiled, "Then we were on the same boat."

"Yeah, but I figured out what it was."

"Really?" he asked eagerly, he didn't want to seem to want her to tell the truth. "What was it?"

"First, I have to tell you something." she sat down and began to say what Pan had told her. "When I was like eight or nine, I don't know how it happened but I had a crush on you. You were the only thing on my mind but you were my brother's best-friend. Maybe that would explain why I flushed so much every time you got close to me around that time."

"You had a crush on me when I was little and you never told me."

"You would have laughed at me and I would have never be able to live it down."

She saw him got redder by the minute. "I was pretty immature at that age."

"You were." she saw the indignant look on his face and couldn't help but smile at it. "Well, I had thought that I was over it by the time that I was fifteen but, you came back from your first year of college. I still felt something for you but we weren't exactly on speaking terms were we?"

"I know, the whole red-hair dye prank."

"Uh-huh. I couldn't believe that I had feelings for the boy that seemed like hated me at those years."

"I didn't hate you B- -"

"I know, I'm just saying. Anyway, my opinion of you changed when you gave me your present for my birthday. It had been the first present you ever gave me that I knew, that you hadn't been pushed to buy. I've kept it forever since that day, it meant a lot to me."

They both flushed at the memory of being secretly scolded by their friends. Making them feel uncomfortable for behaving like normal friends.

"But, I guess that I didn't notice how much power you had over me until that kiss Goten, it almost killed me there. I don't mean like it was bad but, it shattered me inside and to think that you didn't even feel anything for me."

"It's that why you were colder to me after that?'

"Yeah, I'm sorry but it was the only way that I knew how to keep you away from me. Not that it worked on my mind but, then there came the time when Trunks and I got you involved in our own battles. I took you for being my enemy and not a friend so, that might explain why I fought with you so much and so constantly."

She waited for him to say something but he didn't so she continued.

"Even if I did that, my feelings for you just didn't disappeared, they were there and never left. You almost became an obsession to me with all the time that I spent thinking of you but trying to keep you away from myself. Of course it didn't work but I kept on doing it."

"You're basically saying that your crush transformed into something bigger?" he wanted to get it right, didn't want to misinterpret her words.

"Basically, yes."

"Do you know what that thing was." She heard as he used the word was but she knew, that it was still is. She didn't try to get him to see that she still did.

"I do." he signaled her to continue. Bra knew this was the moment of truth for both of them. She wanted to say the right words, and put it as simply as possible.

"Well?" she still nagged her mind for the word she was looking for, it came to her then. He saw her smile but it got him even more confused than he was getting.

Bra let her hair down and pulled it up again on her usual hairstyle to pull all of the ones that fell on her face out. She advanced toward him with a smirk on her face and pulled his face down.

"It was all Basic Love Goten, it was all just basic love."

She didn't give him time to even think as she brushed her lips to his. She put her arms around his neck getting him on a head lock. Even if he wanted to, he wouldn't be able to get out of it. Following his instincts, Goten began to get into the kiss. The same electrical charge he felt five years ago, he felt again. He enveloped her as to never let her go, he didn't want her to leave the contact they had. They both parted their lips to make it more intense that it already was.

Bra couldn't believe that Goten had actually given in and returned her kiss, she had thought he would get away. She felt his hands sneaking up behind her shirt and begin playing with her vertebrate. His soft touch sent chills through her body as she tried to keep control of it. A soft moan escaped her as he pulled her hair free from her pony tail and caressed it.

They both knew that the kiss had to end sooner or later if they wanted to stay alive and breathing. They both gasped for air as they came out but kept their hands were they were. Both of their hearts were racing but they just kept looking into their eyes. Blue met black in a powerful stare trying to find something hidden. Bra wanted to know what he had felt when they kissed.

Goten couldn't even think straight thoughts while he stared at her. He had lost control again, he had never lost control with a girl and yet, Bra could get him to just with a little touch.

*What in the world am I feeling?* He then noticed the his hands were both under her shirt, one caressing her hair and one holding her to him like glue by her waist. He was about to move them when she kept them there.

Then, it registered in his mind what she had said. *'It was all Basic Love Goten, it was all just basic love.'* Those had been her exact words. *Basic Love, Love. She loves me!* It just hit him like that.

*She loves me.*

Bra pouted at his attention. He was zoned out, thinking staring into nothing. *I guess the words just made their way in.*

She saw how he seemed back and traced her lips with his fingers. "Do you really?" she knew what he was talking about and tried to do what he needed and wanted to hear.

"Yeah, I did." His thoughts raced back, *Then why did she kiss me? To torture me.*

"And I still do after all those years."

*She was playing with me. Old Bra hasn't changed a thing.*

"How about you? I want you to tell me what you feel truthfully."

"You want to know the truth?" He playfully brushed his nose against hers. She blushed at the contact but brushed hers against his returning the gesture.

"I feel a lot of things for you Bra, I always did. Now, the mere touch of you sends me out of control which no one except you has ever accomplished to do."

"I take it that's a compliment."

"It is princess. Everything I say it's always a compliment." She smiled and kissed his cheek. He pouted and gave her a quick one on her mouth. "You've always sparked my attention B, I guess you really are right."

"What do you mean I'm right." she asked confused.

"That it was all Basic Love."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's always Basic Love that lasts a lifetime."

Before she could say something he silenced her again with a kiss, but this one was to seal what they truly felt and showed. They had been both hit by the arrow of love just didn't realize it soon enough.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< br>
Here's chapter seven everyone. This one is as long as the last one, and a lot of time that took me to write.

Expect a final chapter later, it'll have Vegeta's reaction to the new couple and what'll happen now that they know they feel the same for each other.

Oh and, the journalists now really hit the house trying to get the inside scoop on the engagement between Trunks and Pan as well as the return of Bra. Let's see if Vegeta will just kill them to get out of that misery.

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I am a crazy author who never knows how to end the fics so, I am not responsible for the insanity that I unleashed.

(M.S. : That was the muse talking people, please don't take it seriously.)

(Muse : Why shouldn't they?)

(M.S. : Because then they won't read the fic again.)

(Muse : Oh, then forget the comment everyone, read, I want you all to read.)

(M.S. : Here she goes again.)



Adios Everyone.

Expect the next chapter in less than a week or a week. No promises but I'll try to get it out.


~M.S.~