Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Basic Love ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Moon Star

This is a Goten and Bra fic with some Pan and Trunks. . . don't like them, then don't read it.

So, many readers have told me that there is no way that I could end this fanfic on the last chapter. Okay, so I made this chapter to all of you who want to read it. . . I hope it qualifies as a last chapter material.

Disclaimer : I don't own any of the characters.



Basic Love
Epilogue

Vegeta's scrutinizing gaze was getting Goten very nervous. He was sure that he knew that Bra and him were sleeping on the same bed for the whole week that she's been back.

Bra finally moved to her room, her life becoming involved with her family which she hadn't lived with for many years.

"I'm sure you miss living on your own," Bulma sighted as Bra and her came back from going over Goten's house and selecting the furniture.

"I do," affirmed Bra. "I was accustomed to it and depending on myself."

"You'll have that again," Bulma smiled as she steered the car to their garage. "When you move with Goten, you'll have your own house and I'll be left all alone."

"You'll still have Trunks." Bra tried to amend.

"He's getting married in less than a week," Bulma pointed out. "After he and Pan come back, he'll move to another house."

"You knew it would happen eventually," consoled Bra opening the fridge door getting an orange juice.

"I knew," Bulma got two glasses out and they both had a drink. "When are you finishing with your project?"

"Almost done," Bra's attention was on a noise that seemed to come from the living room. "I still need for you to look at it. Things work best when both of our minds are working on it."

"I will," Bulma turned her head sideways to the same direction Bra was looking at. She too heard the voices. "What is that?"

"Seems like somebody talking," Bra put a hand on her face as if trying to figure out something. "I don't recognize one of the voices."

"Let's go see," Bra and Bulma stood up from their chairs and silently walked toward the living room.

In there stood Vegeta sitting in the sofa with another figure with his back to them. Vegeta looked up and smiled as he saw both of them waiting for the 'stranger' to turn.

Vegeta spoke with his gruff voice. "We have a visitor." The figure turned to them and Bra stood there in shock. There stood a version of Trunks with gray hair starting to show in his temples and there were some lines showing in his face. Goten was sited on one of the recliners by it.

Bra knew that it was her brother, but not the brother from this time.

"It's been a long time Trunks," Bulma came to him both embracing each other in a powerful hug. "Many years since I last saw you."

"I know mother," he breathed in her hair. His eyes open as he smiled at his younger sister. "Things have changed a lot in this place."

"I know," Bulma stepped back from him getting a few glances from him and Bra. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm just checking around. Guess I couldn't hold my curiosity for more time," he laughed.

"How long are you staying?" asked Bulma.

"Just some hours," he responded. "I've got to get back to Miriam or she'll kill me."

"Who's Miriam?" asked Bulma. Trunks blushed and they understood. "Ok, this is your sister Bra." Bulma presented both letting the subject change.

They both hesitated for some time not knowing what to do. Bra decided to take the lead and came to him giving him a brief hug and a small kiss on his right cheek.

"You're beautiful Bra," Trunks contemplated as his eyes blinked. "And strong too." Now it was Bra's turn to blush.

"You know," suggested Bulma. "I'm pretty sure that you want to get to know her. You may never see each other again."

They both nodded, already feeling a deep bond between them. Bra and him soon took into each other, friends like if they had known each other for eternity.

It was already night when they both got back into the house again. The whole afternoon had passed quickly for both of them, there was no time for them to really spend in each other company for the absence of the years for Mirai Trunks.

Dinner went smoothly too. Both Bra and Bulma convinced Trunks to stay even for the hour. It wasn't that difficult with Bra's turn to persuade him. They all talked about things that had happened in the future after Mirai Trunks had gone and in the present. There were many contrasts between him and Trunks who felt odd at the presence of himself in the table.

"Did I tell you that Trunks is getting married?" asked Bra as she took some more mashed potatoes.

"No," responded Mirai Trunks. "With who?"

"Pan," she answered and he looked at the black haired woman keeping her eyes on the table. As she heard her name, she bit her lip and let her eyes meet the stranger.

"Aren't you Gohan's daughter?" he asked thinking.

"Yeah," she mumbled. "Are you married?"

The curiosity picked on everyone at the table. He hadn't said of anything like that. Trunks smiled and understood the meaning behind it.

"Yes," he answered simply as he sipped some of the water.

"Any kids?" asked Bulma.

"Three," he looked at the younger version of himself and at everyone else on the table. "A girl named Lorena that's 21, a boy, Jonathon, he's 19 and another girl, she's Isabella and 16."

"Then, all of my children are either married, getting married or going to get married in the coming future." Bulma sighted, "I guess it had to happen eventually." Vegeta just snorted and let the whole scene play by, his son wasn't going to be there for long.

Mirai Trunks brow went up at that and asked. "So, who are you in a relationship with?"

Bra knew the question was going to come with the line of events that had been going on. Goten coughed a little as he almost choked on the water he was drinking.

Trunks gaze traveled to him at the sound of that and saw the expression of being flustered or talked on. *No way that dad would let him be with his only daughter.* his eyes traveled to his father who just crossed his arms around his chest and his face turned to stone.

*That doesn't mean he likes it.* The scene around the table was a little out of the atmosphere of friendliness but it was still of a family.

Soon after, the conversation resumed on the table and the past question was forgotten. The house fell to it's normal schedule after Trunks left saying good bye, knowing that he may never come back and see them again.

Bra changed into her sleeping clothes in her room thinking of everything that had happened the past day, weeks and months. In about another week, the furniture would be delivered to Goten's house and it would be ready for them to move.

She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice as Goten came in the room and slipped around her waist. Her attention snapped back to the present time and events. Goten observed her in complete attention. His head dropped on the crook of her neck and shoulder looking at the mirror in front of them.

"The house will be ready in a week," she whispered softly as they both watched each other's reflection on the full length mirror.

"You ready to move in there?" he asked hesitantly.

She nodded closing her eyes, she would have a home with the man she loved. What more could she ask for? She looked back at the mirror to his eyes which reflected adoration and love.

"Nothing," she answered to her early question out loud without realizing it.

"What?" asked Goten not knowing what the answer was for.

Bra shook her head not wanting to let him know, a secret like that won't kill him. She rationed to herself. She turned to him and kissed him like the first time years ago.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I told you that it would happen eventually," said Bra moving around the kitchen setting everything in the table.

"I still can't believe it," responded Goten sitting down waiting for her to take her place. "It's so soon."

"Well, you can't really- - -" Bra was interrupted by the sound of the phone. She stood up got it on the fourth ring.

"Hello." she answered. "Yeah. . . Sure." She held it in her hand. "It's Paris, she sounds troubled." Goten looked surprised and got the phone from her.

"Hey Paris." he greeted but his tone changed at the tone of her voice. "What's wrong?" Bra saw every change of his posture as he listened in to what Paris was telling him. "We'll be there soon."

He hung up in an unbelievable state. "What's wrong?" asked Bra preoccupied.

"Miles was in an accident and he's in the Satan Memorial Hospital. Paris doesn't know what to do, she's all alone," he responded getting his jacket and moving toward the door.

"Is it serious?" said Bra following suit. They got outside and started to fly.

"She doesn't know. She's in the hospital waiting for the doctors to see her." The flight to the hospital was brought in silence. They landed outside of emergency and went to the waiting room. There, alone in tears was Paris sitting alone in a seat. She had her arms around her head and her sobs could be heard.

Bra and Goten moved toward her. He knelt in front of her finally making their selves known to her. She looked up and threw her arms around his neck weeping, letting the tears to fall on his shirt. Bra stood there helpless as she saw the interaction.

Her heart clenched as she saw the look of despair that Paris had on her face. Both girls turned to each other and hugged in need.

"How is he?" Bra asked finally.

"I don't know," answered Paris taking in short breaths. "All I know is that he was in a car accident and that he's not conscious."

Bra glanced at Goten and bit her lip. They had no way of knowing what was going on unless a doctor came and told them. Bra remembered that this was the hospital that Pan worked on. She took her cell phone and beeped her.

A minute later, her phone rang and Pan returned the call. Bra told her where they were in the hospital and they waited for her to come to them.

Bra stayed in the room with Paris as Goten went to the cafeteria and got her a strong coffee to calm her nerves. When they were alone, Bra really saw the state that Paris was in, almost as if not really there. She was absent minded not knowing what to think, or do in there.

"How long have you been here?"

"I don't know," mumbled Paris rocking herself to keep her nerves down. "Some time."

Bra placed her hand on her back in a comforting manner. Bra knew that no matter what, Paris wouldn't feel better until she had news from Miles who seemed to be her best friend and more.

Pan appeared on the doorway and walked toward them in short strides. Her green uniform made a contrast with the pale shades of the room.

Paris looked up expecting a doctor to come with some news but her face fell as she saw that it was Pan. She was glad she was there but all she wanted now was to know how Miles was.

"Where is he?" Bra directed her toward the place where he was. Pan entered as Paris and Bra waited desperate for someone to explain. Pan came out with a look of relief on her face as she took them both back to the waiting room where Goten was with the coffee.

Paris took it as Pan stated the situation.

"The accident wasn't really bad considering the things I've seen. He suffered a slight concussion in the head but it isn't really severe. He's left hand is bandaged, he broke a bone and he won't be able to set his legs to walk for a month."

Paris felt better and asked. "So, is there something we should be worried about?"

"No," Pan shook her head. "He'll be fine. Just so you know, the driver of the other car is almost on the same conditions."

"I'd like to wring his neck," hissed Paris, her eyes darkening.

"Her," put Pan simply as she glanced at her clock. "I have to go, my rounds are coming." She turned to Paris with a smile on her face. "Don't worry. He'll be out of here in less than three days."

"Thank you," whispered Paris relieved. Bra and Goten smiled at each other knowing that everything would be okay. "When can I see him?"

"I don't know," hesitated Pan. "You better wait for his physician to come and talk to you. "Still, don't worry about it. He's fine." She looked at the other two and heaved a sight of tiredness. "You can come in, it's okay as I can see it."

Paris thanked her again and went in. The door closed and the three figures could see her body move toward the bed hesitating and plant a kiss on his forehead.

"She really cares about him doesn't she?" asked Pan to Bra and Goten. Both of them imply nodded in recognition and stayed without saying a word.

Pan left as she glanced at her watch again saying good-bye to her friends and see ya later. Goten embraced Bra from behind as they waited for Paris to come out.

"I wouldn't know what to do if this happened to you," he whispered into her hair as he kissed it briefly. His arms tightened around her waist and she closed her eyes letting him comfort and protect her.

"Me neither," she said back minutes later.

Couple of days later. . .

Some one rung the bell of the apartment of Paris. She run to the door as it rang for the fifth time. Her hair was tousled and her clothes were dirty from dusting and cleaning.

She opened the door that revealed a beaming Bra. "You finally decided to visit me," said Paris smiling at the door.

"Yeah," answered Bra pushing through the door and looking around. "I just want to see how Miles is doing. I get it that he lives in this same apartment building?"

"Uh-huh," affirmed Paris trying to get her hair out of her eyes. "He's supposed to be resting, you know he can't walk with that cast."

"And he's all alone?"

"I don't know. I think some of his friends were coming to see him." Paris offered her a sit and brought her some juice. "I know it's hot outside."

"Thank you," Bra took it and drank it. Her throat was dry. It was a blazing summer after all, all temperatures shot up in the 90's, almost 100 degrees. "Can I go see him?"

"Sure," replied Paris taking off her apron and setting it aside. "It's about time that he took his medicine and I'm sure that his buddies aren't helping."

They both got out and went up the flight of stairs. It was on the next floor on the left corridor. They stopped on the number 36B and they heard the sound of male laughter from the inside.

Paris gave a deep sight and produced a key from her faded jeans. She opened the door and guided Bra through the apartment to the bedroom. The door was partially opened and both girls glanced in before entering. It seemed that the four men seemed oblivious of the presence of the two girls.

Besides Miles on the bed with a bandaged arm and a cast. There were three guys on the room who seemed to be laughing their heads off. One turned to the door un-expectantly and stopped in mid air.

"Looks like we have visitors," he declared the whole room gaining some silence. Paris came in with Bra trailing behind her.

The three guys whistled as Bra passed them to go to the side of the bed. "Is she available?" She heard one of them ask. Paris shook her head in annoyance.

"No," she simply answered. "Now, don't pester her." Paris went to the night table and reached for the pills. She opened the bottle and poured some water on the cup. Bra moved toward Miles and started to see his leg and arm.

She felt for the ligament like if she was a doctor and smiled to herself. "You really are good. This is not a really bad accident."

Miles just groaned as he felt the pressure on his leg. "Yeah," he replied. "But it still hurts like hell."

Bra snickered and just responded. "I've seen worse. A lot worse." She reached for her pocket and took out a green seed. She put it in between her fingers and started to talk again.

"I'm going to give you this. Don't worry, it's not poison or anything but I think you'd like to walk instead of staying in a cast for a month."

"It's that one of those things that Goten took?" asked a surprised Paris looking at it carefully.

"Yeah," responded Bra smiling. "He had some for emergencies and I sort of stole it."

"Won't he be mad?"

"Nah," said Bra shaking her head. "It's not like I haven't done it before." She gave the bean to Miles. "Chew it and swallow it."

He did as was told. It didn't have any taste at all, he didn't see the relevancy of the thing. He swallowed it and waited patiently for anything. He looked confused at Bra and Paris who kept their faces the same. He felt it then.

He felt a surge of strength go through his veins and go through his whole body making it stronger. His arm could move with no restriction as he flexed his fingers and ligaments. He stood there in surprise, he had been told that his arm wouldn't be able to hold something like a base or cup because of the strain. He reached with his other hand for the cup that Paris handed to him and took it to his other hand.

He felt it, he could move his hand and grip things. Both Paris and Bra smiled to their selves already knowing the effects of the miraculously bean. Miles's friends didn't see anything strange. So Miles could hold things with his hands, he would be able to in less than a day without having to take it with the other in less than a minute afraid that it would fall.

But, Miles wiggled his toes. The nerve that transmitted the movement didn't hurt at all. In the contrary, it felt better than it had been for days, months. he had a surge of energy which he used to swing his legs over the bed; cast or no cast. Bra stopped him as he positioned his feet. The push send him back toward the bed.

"Don't try that until you have the cast off," she warned. She turned to Paris and smiled apologetically. "I have to go. I'm sorry I couldn't stay and talk to you."

"I know," replied Paris sighting herself. "Thanks for bringing that. Its good to know that Miles can go back to normal without me having to baby him."

She said the last part in a kidding tone. "Hey," he protested.

"You do," she simply answered turning her back to him and directing Bra toward the door. "You should come here when you have a lot of time."

"I will," Bra went through the door and down the stairs to the outside. She opened her capsule car and hopped in. She turned the ignition and drove away in the direction of Capsule Corp in which she was working. Trunks and Pan had left for Hawaii for a conference and Bra was left in charge of everything he was working in and did.

This had been an stressing month, thank god it was almost over, she said to herself as she turned on the radio and let it relax her into her journey back to slavery.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bra relaxed as the water kept her body at peace. She sat there with her eyes closed, relaxing as the bubbles of the bathtub graced her skin. She had her hair up on a bun, not wanting it to get wet. She leaned her head to the side and closed her eyes taking a deep breath.

Her mind went back to everything that had happened in the last weeks. After three years of being in the United States, she finally came back. Not knowing what was going to happen, now Goten and her had been together for over weeks. She let the soft music on her CD take her to her dreams.

Some time later, Goten wondered throughout the house looking for her. He had come back from work knowing that she'd be there but, she hadn't been where she usually was. He wondered through the house, looking into each room. He went up the stairs toward the bedrooms.

He entered their bedroom and found the dim light of the bathroom on. He undid his tie and walked quietly toward it. He glanced in and found her asleep in the bath. Her head was delicately set to her left, with water all over her body. The bubbles covered her body making it look like a soft-cotton ball.

He chuckled at the thought and sat beside her. He didn't move anything, taking his time to look at her and the expression on her face. His hand reached to her face moving some of the damp bangs from it. Her features moved and slowly, her eyes opened revealing her blue eyes.

"Hey." he called giving her a butterfly kiss on her lips. "Had a nice nap?"

"Yeah," she answered as she yawned and shook her face. "What time is it?"

"It's about five." he responded glancing at his watch. "We're supposed to leave in two hours."

"Damn, I shouldn't have slept." Goten moved to a standing position and moved toward the door. Bra pouted and called at him before leaving. "I thought you were going to take a bath with me."

He laughed shaking his head. "No way, if I do there's no way we'll ever get out of here." She smiled at his response and blew him a kiss.

Minutes later, Bra stepped out of the tub wrapped in a towel with her hair wet against her shoulders. She looked in the mirror and smiled at herself. She flared her ki a little bit and her hair started to dry on it's own. She walked back toward the bedroom and started to get dressed.

Goten walked back in directly toward the bathroom closing the door. Living together wasn't a really bad idea, especially if it was their own house. She still couldn't believe how those days in C.C. were. Living in there with her father and mother was no way to live if you are in a relationship.

"I wonder how Trunks stood it for all those months before he and Pan finally moved out. There is no way that you can live with your parents if you are married or have that kind of relationship with someone."

Bra sat down and started to brush her hair which now grazed her waist. "I need to cut this."

"Need to cut what?" asked Goten stepping out of the bathroom drying his hair with the towel.

"My hair." she answered clearly as she twisted it up and made a long braid down.

"But, I like it like that." he said pulling on his dress pants and buttoning his white shirt.

"That's because you've never had long hair, it's a hassle." she explained as she walked toward him and helped him set his cuff links and made his tie.

"That's true." he said himself and wrapped his arms around her waist. "You ready?"

"Yeah," they both walked down the stairs and into the capsule car. Bra sat in the seat with a thoughtful look.

"Something wrong?" asked Goten as the car started to move.

"No," she lied. "I just have something unimportant in my mind."

"Anything I can help you with?"

"No," she said sweetly grasping his free hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Don't worry."

She couldn't help but feel better at this. He was always concerned toward her, too concerned many times.

Goten kept glancing back at her from time to time. There is something wrong with her. What could it be? He went back to his driving but couldn't help but worry. If there was something she was worried about, then it was something that wasn't to let go.

For most of the trip, Bra kept to herself which wasn't really like herself. It was as if she was on her own little world. The car stopped and Goten waited for her to brake out of her reverie. Her eyes were absentminded waiting for something. Goten shook her softly by her shoulders and she snapped out of her state.

"Are you sure you're alright?" he asked concerned. He had never seen her like that and it was scaring him to some point.

"Yeah, don't give it too much thought." she said trying to assure him that it wasn't anything important. "Now, let's get in before they all think we're not coming." She got out of the car with him touching her makeup a little bit.

Goten encapsulated the car and offered her his arm. "We're late."

"Let's keep it fashionably late." she murmured to him as they entered the biggest hall they have ever been in. "I think mom really outdid herself this time."

"I wouldn't have expected anything else." Goten said silently back as they were greeted by many of the guests. They walked through the whole place looking around for any of their families.

They went to the tables and both got a couple of drinks. Bra took Goten by the shoulder and pointed to the side of the table were they found a very pregnant Pan eating her heart's content and Trunks sitting beside her doing her every wish.

"I would have never believed it." said Bra. "Pan looks so different, being away for a month. A whole month and she's as big as she'll ever be."

Trunks saw them and motioned for them to go to the table. Bra and Goten walked toward them, smiling to see their friends after a month of being away.

"Hey Pan," greeted Bra sitting on the chair beside her giving her a kiss on her cheek. "I can't believe you've gotten so big."

"I know," she responded laughing. "I swear that this little saiyan is bigger than I'll ever be." She diverted her gaze toward Trunks who just smiled. "And this is your fault."

"I know, I know." he responded leaving his hands by his sides. "I just can't believe one more month and I'll be a dad." He touched her stomach lovingly, giving Pan a small kiss on her cheek.

"So, what will it be?" asked Goten reaching for one of the many treats on the table. "I suppose you already know."

"Yeah," said Pen exited. "I went to the doctor while we were in Hawaii and she told me it was a boy. I'm going to have a boy."

Bra squealed at the news. "I am going to be an aunt. I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt, and to a boy."

"Well, when will I be expecting to be an uncle?" asked Trunks with mirth in his eyes.

Bra blushed and Goten just smiled shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know." Bra glanced at Goten and saw his careless smile and she couldn't help but smile herself. "Maybe soon."

"Anyone know something of Marron?" asked Pan out of the blue. "I haven't heard from her since we got married a year ago."

"I took a call from her a week ago," said Bra. "She says that she's finally coming back. She said her job in France is over and the contract too."

"What will she do here?" asked Trunks.

"I don't know. She mentioned something about a branch of the company she's working on that will expand in Japan. She asked to be moved here with the new branch so her contract was closed and a new one issued."

"You didn't tell me that." said Goten surprised.

"You didn't ask for details." Bra put simply as she drank from her drink. Pan and Trunks just laughed at their expressions. "You two should see you faces."

"And what are you two laughing at?" asked someone from behind the table. To their field of vision came Videl, Chichi and Bulma.

"Mom," Pan stood and ran toward her. "It's been so long."

"I know." Videl touched her stomach and smiled at her daughter. "I can't believe it'll be only one month."

Bulma and Chichi also pondered through Pan leaving the others. Goku and Gohan walked to the large table and sat beside them. The night came and went like a minute. Everyone met and got connected once again like old times.

Pan noticed the un-attachment of her friend but dismissed it. Bra stayed out of place a little by little just being there in body but not in mind.

Pan had to leave early because of her being pregnant. Her doctor had told her to rest and save some of her strength. Not knowing why, Goten had wanted Bra and him to leave not shortly after, still being early to leave a party.

"Well, why are you leaving?" asked Bulma trying to get him to change his mind.

"Oh come on Bulma," protested Goku. "Let them go. It's just one party."

They both left at about 9:00, and let the night go. Bra thought that they we're going home but was surprised when Goten took the opposite route. She wondered what he was up to.

"Where are we going?" she asked trying to get his attention.

"It's a surprise," he answered bluntly. "You'll know where."

No matter how much she tried, he wouldn't say anything more. She crossed her arms around her chest and waited for them to arrive.

Goten turned on a hidden passage into a dense forest of trees. Bra soon realized that they were on her mother's property. This was the right entrance to it.

She smiled at the thought of what he was planning. It's not always that he does this kind of thing. The car kept moving until the small trail was over. Goten got off the car and Bra followed still wondering what was going on.

Goten opened the trunk of the car which revealed a picnic basket.

"We're having a picnic?" she asked incredulously. "At nine at night?"

"It'll be fun," he simply answered as he intertwined his arm through hers and led her into the secluded area.

Bra let him lead her but she already knew where they were going. They entered an illuminated space which overlooked part of the clear lake. Bra looked up and saw the clear sky which let all of the stars shine.

She looked back at Goten and found a blanket laid out in the sparkling grass. There were two plates set out and a single candle. Goten sat down and touched the space beside him for her to take. She couldn't help but smile at his offer and obeyed.

She sat down and took a glass of the red wine already served. She took a small sip and set it down again. "So what are we having?"

Goten set out two casseroles from the basket that seemed to be steaming. She wondered how he managed to keep them like that. He opened the first one to reveal a roast. The marveling smell made it's way to Bra who couldn't help but sigh at it. The other one revealed baked potatoes which were one of Bra's favorite side dish.

Goten reached in the basket again and revealed a salad with everything you would ever need to eat from and the last one containing rice. Bra stared at it without moving incredulously not knowing what to think.

"You didn't do this by yourself did you?" she asked him.

"No," he confessed. "Mom helped me with this but she mostly directed and I cooked."

He beamed proudly at his accomplishment. "Well, let's see how it is." They both reached for their plates and started to fill them up.

Bra took a bite as Goten watched carefully awaiting some sort of reaction. Her eyes sparkled as she drove another spoon into her mouth.

"This is fantastic." she said eating. "You have to cook more often."

"I was afraid of that," he answered smiling as he too joined her on the small dinner. Minutes later, both Bra and Goten served another plate and continued their small eating.

"I never thought you could cook something this good," said Bra patting her stomach.

"Hey, I resent that." he responded in a kidding tone. She outright laughed at it and patted his head like a little kid.

"I'm sorry." he got her quickly by the arms and they both fell on the floor laughing. Bra fell on top and Goten at the bottom.

Their eyes met and they leaned in for a kiss. As their lips met, all rational thoughts went out of the window. They stayed in the kiss for minutes until they both opened their eyes and kept on staring at each others eyes for the time.

"You know what?" asked Goten in between breaths.

"What?"

"You look like a goddess." he leaned in and gave her another kiss. "My Venus goddess."

"Flattery will get you everywhere." she said back as she responded. She could feel the way his lips went up in a smile at her comment.

She softly set her head on his chest letting his arms caress her back. He turned around making him stay on top. She tried to move away but his arms on both of her sides prevented her from it. She saw the way he was smirking and asked in a mocked voice.

"What do you plan to do to me?"

"To have my way with you," he answered in a husky voice that he knew she liked.

"Really?" she put her arms around his neck.

"Really," he simply answered as he stood up and carried her to the now empty blanket. He set her back down embraced her to him. "You know I love you right?"

"Yeah," she answered wondering why he was saying this.

"Well, we've been living together for over a year." She simply nodded as she waited for him to get to where he was going with this.

"I know that you love me and want to be with me." She rolled her eyes and muttered.

"Modesty, really."

"I know," he said again. "I just want us to be official."

She raised her head at those words. That sentence had inspired her curiosity. "I want to have children with you and we already have a house, so. . ."

He stammered a little as if trying to get around something. He avoided her gaze as he turned his head to the lake. Bra moved his head toward her eyes as he finally continued.

"I can't imagine my life without you there with me, you're the light that helps me pass each day," Bra went up in a sitting position with him. "I want to marry you Bra."

He reached for a back pocket of his pants and pulled a small black box. He opened it revealing a single diamond that glittered at the light. Bra gasped as he took the ring out and took her hands in his.

"Will you marry me, Bra?" he asked keeping his grasp on her hand looking into her eyes directly. His face had an expression of hope and fear of rejection. Bra found herself speechless, letting his eyes hypnotize her.

"Of course I'll marry you Goten, I love you too much to not marry you." Her eyes were glistening with tears, and so were his. He carefully placed the ring in her slender finger and kissed her hand lovingly.

Bra reached for his collar and pushed him toward her in a passionate kiss sealing the moment. They both pulled down as Bra was on the bottom and Goten was on top. Goten could have crushed her if it wasn't for the support of his arms. He leaned down further and noticed the fine fabric that made him feel her whole body.

He groaned inwardly and she smiled knowing the effect that she had on him. He pulled away and looked at her eyes with a new look of light in them. Bra could see the love and devotion that he felt just through that look, she felt like the world disappeared and only them were there.

"I love you with all my heart," she said simply letting all of her emotions show. Leaned up and gave him a kiss on his nose.

"Me too princess, me too." He kissed her again letting his hands roam all over her body, feeling the way she reacted to every of his touches. Suddenly, he stopped as if remembering something.

Bra watched as he got up and walked toward the lake, she wondered what he could be doing. He stepped into the lake in to a part of it and dived right in it.

"What is he doing?" she asked out loud. Seconds later, Goten appeared on the surface with his hands clapped together. His head was dripping wet with his whole complexion relaxed. His clothes remained dripping while he made his way to her.

He went beside her and from his hand appeared a necklace. It was a simple 14-k gold necklace with a sort of dark blue pearl hanging.

"This is called a Tear of Nieage," he said softly placing it on her neck. The small pearl fell in the middle of her chest just before the V-neck line of the dress. "I found it on the lake that night that we came here. I let it there resting, waiting for the perfect day to give it to you."

He fingered the tip of it and took her other necklace off letting it be the center of attention. "It's time for this one to give it a rest." Bra took the old necklace that her father had given her all those years ago and set it beside her shoes.

"Thank you," she said finally. "This is an extraordinary piece of art."

"It's made of a special material that is not common. The necklace dates back for over 100 years." he informed her drying his clothes. "It's called the Tear of Nieage because it was said that the goddess of Creation let it fall to create the seas."

"How do you know all this?" she asked marveled by the small piece of jewelry.

"I do my research," he simply answered.

"I don't know what to say." she breathed softly letting the small breeze carry her voice.

"Say nothing," he said moving beside her. "All I want is for you to be in my arms for all eternity."

She quickly complied leaning her head toward his chest. They laid in the blanket contemplating the stars as they blinked in wonder.


Weeks later. . .


Bra paced around the room nervously. Her hands were trembling against her sides in signs of stress. She didn't know what to do now. That was a first for her, not knowing what to do.

*I guess, I could just tell him. It can't be that bad. . .* her thoughts trailed off somewhat as she heard the front door open.

*He's here.* She looked at her watch for the time. *He's early.* Her brow furrowed wondering why he would leave work early.

"Bra," she heard him call her from the living room. "Are you here?"

"Yes," she answered, her voice quivering somewhat. "I'm coming."

She controlled her nerves as she got support from the railing and went down the stairs to the sound of his voice. "Yes."

Goten smiled as he saw her and approached her. Bra noticed that he had one hand behind his back. He stopped in front of her and gave her a kiss taking her off guard.

"What was that for?" she asked out of breath.

"Nothing in particular," he said back and brought his hand out. He gave her a single red rose and wrapped his hands around her waist. "Better get ready."

"For what?"

"We're going out today." he said simply slipping his arms out and going up the stairs two at a time.

*What is he up to?* Bra asked herself and shrugged. She fingered the single rose and smelled it. A smiled came to her lips, her past dilemma forgotten for some time.

The car parked outside the big restaurant. Bra came out in her blouse and skirt and waited for Goten to encapsulate the car.

"Where are we?" she asked lacing her arm through his.

"This is a new Spanish restaurant. It just opened two weeks ago and everyone's talking about it at work." he answered as they came to the door.

"Reservations sir?" asked the waitress.

"Yes, under Son Goten."

"Come this way, please," the waitress led them through the first floor and up the stairs to the second. They came to a table in the center of the room.

The waitress got the chair for Bra and smiled as he gave them the menu's.

"Please, call when you're ready to order." He slipped away leaving them to order.

The room was enormous in Bra's standards. There were tables in the center and a bar in the far corner. On the other side was a stage and room for dancing. Beside the bar, was a balcony that overlooked the mountain terrain and the stars.

Goten and Bra quickly ordered and the music began to play.

"This is a really good place," she commented as she drank her water. "Should we be celebrating something?"

"No, just wanted to take you out."

The waitress came back with their food and set it down in the table. "Would you care for something to drink?"

Goten looked at Bra in a silent question. "No," she said to him.

"No, thank you." replied Goten taking his fork. "You've been a little strange." Bra looked up at him. He was eating like nothing was happening. "Something wrong?"

*Should I tell him now?* she asked herself, debating her course of action. *Better tell him now.*

"I've been thinking," she started. She now had his full attention. Goten put his hands together, awaiting for her to continue.

Bra fingered their engagement ring, as the nerves went up. "It's just that. . ." She looked at him finding him in complete focus on her and her mouth froze. "How am I supposed to say this?" She whispered most to herself, not really knowing that he heard.

Goten reached with his hand for her and grasped it. "Just do."

"Okay," she took in a deep breath and began again. "I went to the doctor about a month ago. I wasn't been feeling and well, I thought it was just the common flu. But, better be safe than sorry."

She smiled nervously, fidgeting with her free hand on the napkin.

"And, it turns out that I was perfectly healthy. It was natural for me to be sick in my state." She looked up again, trying to see if he had catch were she was going. "He told me that I was six weeks along," she giggled at this. "I hadn't even noticed with all of the things that I was doing."

"Are you saying that- -" he interrupted.

She simply nodded. "I'm pregnant, ten weeks along." She moved her eyes away from his as she said this. "I didn't know how to say this. We've been together barely a year and you proposed, but, I didn't know how you would react to this."

There was a minute of silence, then two... the suspense of his silence was getting her even more nervous than she was before.

"Goten," she called not meeting his eyes. "Goten," she called again and this time she moved her eyes to his. They were unblinking, "Goten."

He snapped out of his reverie with a big smile on his face. "I'm going to be a dad?" Bra nodded. "I'm going to be a father."

He got out of his chair and pulled her into a hug. He spun her around and set her down again in his arms. "You made me the most happy man in the world."

He kissed her in a fierce embrace, not letting go of her.

"Well, why are you two so happy?" They heard the voice of Pan behind them. She looked at them with a piercing eye. "Well?"

"Bra's pregnant," said Goten before Bra could even open her mouth.

Trunks appeared from behind Pan and smirked. "So, I'm going to be an uncle. Finally."

"I'm having a baby," she said with a quiet happiness.

"Me too!" Pan said grinning and put a hand to her stomach. Then the smile faded. "...Right now!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"AHHHHHH!!!" The young woman yelled. Her blue hair damped on her forehead and her face glistening with sweat. "I CAN'T PUSH ANYMORE!" Tears escaped from her eyes as she grasped her husband's hands. "IT HURTS SO MUCH!"

"Just one more," he whispered in her ears. "Just one more." She nodded taking a deep breath.

"One more," urged the doctor. Baring down the pain, Bra gave a forceful push and a cry came from her lips as the pain became unbearable.

"AHHH!!" she screamed as another sound quieted her.

"It's a girl," whispered Goten as he handled a bundle to her with utter care. Bra smiled, forgetting the pain she felt as she cradled the small baby in her arms. Both gazed at their daughter with love in their eyes as she blinked back. Her small limbs reached out into empty space and a cry emerged from her throat.

Tears came to Goten's eyes as he saw the way his wife looked at their baby, their bundle of creation and joy. he leaned to them and saw the small girl almost smile at the strangers in front of her. The blue eyes changed from one face to the other reaching for something unattainable.

Bra looked up from her daughter to the man she loved. Tears of joy were coming down his face while he caressed her tousled hair with one hand and the other being played with by their child.

He looked down to her and their eyes locked. Black and Blue met leaving no secrets to either.

"I love you," she said with adoration flowing in his words.

"I love you too," he responded back as their lips met in a passionate kiss. The small girl giggled at the scene not really comprehending what was going on. Both their love were being channeled through their kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm done this time, can't think of anything else to say. . . it was a pleasure writing this. I truly love this story.

Thanks to everyone that reviewed, E-Mailed and encouraged.

Especial thanks to MMBoss101 and to Animechicababe aka Winter Peacecraft-Yuy.

Hoped you liked it. . . glad to know you read it.

See ya everyone. . . Bye.

Moon Star