Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Bloomers and the Monkey King ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: hi minna I have a new story! This idea is basically that Vegeta was sent to earth rather then Kakkarot. Vegeta is around the age of 5 when he is sent out.

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ so there! ^.~

Bloomers and The Monkey King

By

The Saiyan Butterfly

Prologue

In an effort to save ones child, a parent will sacrifice everything for the sake of that child. One such man sacrificed his life and his entire race for the sake of one boy.

The crown prince of the planet Vegetasei had been promised to the evil tyrant Frieza. Vegeta had no choice in the matter Frieza had made many death threats not just on his life but the very planet itself. But the more his thoughts dwelled on the matter he suspected that Frieza would very likely destroy them all regardless. So in an act of desperation the King of Vegetasei took his son from his bed late one night and quietly slipped down to the launching station where the saiyan babes were sent out for their infant purges. There was but one pod being prepared for departure and the techs were already preparing to dispatch the pod into space. Their work was cut short when they were both shot down by the king. Vegeta walked over and picked up the schedule that the unfortunate man had been holding. He read it silently to himself; "Infant Purge, Kakkarot, son of Bardock, Destination Planet Earth." He gazed down at the sleeping Prince in his arms, "Well my son, I suppose this will have to do" The little prince opened his tired eyes and gazed sleepily up at his father. "So you are awake my son"

"Father what are we doing?" the small boy asked sleepily.

"I'm sorry my son but I must send you away for now," the king said sadly.

"But father…" he tried to protest now fully awake.

"No buts my son, this is for your own good. Frieza wishes me to hand you over to him and I will not allow that to happen. I am sending you someplace safe for now and I will retrieve you when I can." Now hush my son and listen to what I say, you are going to the planet Earth, but do not purge it. Just stay there until I can come. And if I do not come for you, then just know that I am proud of you my son. And with that the Saiyan king did the hardest thing he had ever done. He placed his son in the pod, the child struggling the entire time. He removed the infant from the pod and placed him on the ground beside him. The child would serve as a replacement for his son. Hopefully Frieza would accept the alternate child. The king gazed sadly at his son who was not at all happy to be placed in the pod. He leant forwards and kissed the boy softly on the forehead. "My son, know that I love you and that I do this for you," and with that he closed the door to the pod and launched his first and only son, the crown prince of the planet Vegetasei, into space towards a distant planet he knew nothing about. He knew only that whatever fate that world held for his son, it would surely be better then a life as a mercenary of Frieza. He watched the ship until it was out of sight and then turned and gazed at the child at his feet. He picked the boy up and left swiftly for the palace.

The young prince gazed out the window of the pod seeing the image of his father getting smaller and smaller as the ship rose from the planet. A single tear drifted down the boy's cheek and he screamed as the pod disappeared into the depths of space. "FATHER!!!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*

An: I hope you all liked it! Please review and let me know if I should continue! And I know some of you slackers don't review so please take some time to review! See the little box down there just click!

^.~ thanks minna