Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Bloomers and the Monkey King ❯ Twelve Years Hence ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh my god! I don't think ive ever gotten so many reviews on the first chap of something! And this it was freaking short too! O.o It got nearly as many reviews as A Dangerous Bounty which has three chaps which are much longer! Sorry got carried away with the shock! Lol! Anyhow I want to thank Chibi Tenshi Senshi for her review, which was my very first review for this! Hey CTS I love your story DB The Real Story! I think u should write some more on it cause I was really enjoying it! Also I'd like to thank the flying pen whose story, Cruel Fate, is sooo cool! Also thanks to everyone else who reviewed!

~Also If Vegeta seems a little out of character in this story that is somewhat intentional. The way I see it he would have to be because he was raised in a completely different atmosphere then he would have been exposed to under Frieza. ~ Thanks again for all the wonderful reviews! ~Saiyan Butterfly~

Disclaimer: don't own it :p

Chapter 1

12 Years Later

The sun dawned brightly upon a small mountain cottage. The gentle chirping of the local birds woke the sleeping occupant within the tiny house. However the inhabitant within did not much appreciate his morning wake up. "Damned birds" he cursed. The figure rose from the bed and stretched. He stepped outside and sighed gazing up at the sky. He had long ago given up hope of his father returning for him. But he had not forgotten. No, he would never forget who he was. He was the Prince of all Saiyans and he would never disregard that fact. But still he did not understand why his father had cast him off into space like that. He felt as if he had been abandoned but he knew his father must have had his reasons. He was old enough to understand that now. He had turned 17 not long ago. That would make 10 long years that he had been completely alone.

The old man that had found him when his ship had first crashed to the earth had been killed in a horrific accident ten years ago. There had been a full moon that night and Vegeta did not remember much more until the next morning when he had discovered the old man's body. He had regretted that day for a while but one could not dwell too much on such things and he could hardly be blamed. He had just so much missed his home and the full moon that night called to him like a moth to a blazing flame. He had been careful to avoid the moon until then but his blood was calling him that night and he could not resist the urge to lose himself in the pure and wonderful bloodlust that the transformation provided.

Vegeta breathed in a deep breath before glancing back into the house at the one thing the old man had given him, an orange sphere that had 4 tiny stars within its depths. It was just a useless bauble, but it held a small measure of meaning to him. After all the old man had taken him in. His care was not that which he had been accustomed to upon Vegetasei, but still he was grateful.

He was torn from his reverie as a familiar rumble sounded. "All right I hear you," he grumbled. He closed the doors to the house and made his way into the forest in search of a decent meal.

Vegeta made his way through the lush forests, disappointed when he detected no prey. "Damn I suppose I'll have to eat fish again." He really was getting tired of fish. He came to a high cliff overlooking a deep gorge into which a large waterfall spilt. He effortlessly leapt from the cliff and stopped just short of the water levitating over to a large rock near the shore. He carefully stripped off his garments until he was standing there in all his splendor. Vegeta then levitated once again out over the water. He carefully watched the depths below until a movement caught his sharp eyes; he then fired a carefully aimed blast in that general direction. He then dived down into the water to retrieve his breakfast.

Meanwhile a short distance down the road a young girl named Bulma could be found driving along the road in a small capsule car which read turbo across it's sides and rear. She stopped the car for moment and glanced down at the device that had brought her so far from home. "Hmm just a bit farther, I think" she murmured aloud to herself.

The girl stopped her car once again a little further down the road. It seemed that she would have to go on foot from here and besides she had seen a waterfall on the map and wished to take a break and relax there for a while. She did not bother to encapsulate her car as she took off into the forest with full intentions of returning for it later.

As she neared the falls she discovered that she was definitely not alone. She ducked behind a tree and stared in wonder. Before her stood a boy, his back was to her and he seemed to have a humongous fish lying beside him. But what she was so shocked her was the fact that the boy before her was completely nude. She blushed slightly and hoped that he would not turn around, not that she wasn't enjoying the view; the boy was incredibly built though his hair was a little strange. Something didn't seem quite right to her but before she could really reflect on it, she noticed that he was beginning to turn around so she ducked behind the tree.

Vegeta stared out into the forest behind him, he was sure he had heard something. 'Oh well no matter." He then proceeded to dress. After having accomplishing this task he picked up his fish and began making his way towards his home.

Bulma breathed a sigh of relief when he started to leave he had apparently not seen her spying on him. She gazed in the direction he had gone and then looked down at her radar. It seemed that the ball lie in that direction. Perhaps the boy had it. She smirked deviously to herself and struck out after him.

~*~*~*~*~*

Well what do you think?! Personally I think the prologue was better and makes this chap look bad but I don't know. Well please review or ill be mean and be even slower then usual about updating. I'm kidding but Please keep the reviews coming they are very helpful to my morale. ALSO: if anyone has a website and wants to host any of my fanart or my stories please let me know! I have some great pics of Bulma and Vegeta and also of my original characters from my other stories! Vega, Zinni, and Baruh mostly! But if anyone is interested just email me at Bulma1421@aol.com Thanks minna!