Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Blue Eyes ❯ Chi Chi's Diary ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Blue Eyes
Part Three
By Maria Cline

Every hope of a married couple is that they would grow old together, but what does one do when he or she would watch the other fade away?

Dear Diary,

Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of the perfect married life. You know, one of those nice peaceful lives where the wife just stays at home cooking and cleaning and the husband goes out to take care of his family.

Of course, with Goku as a husband, peace is rare sometimes. I mean, after it turned out that Goku was really a super powerful alien from outer space, normality seem so distant. He died while saving the world and stayed dead for a year to train with King Kai. It didn't help when Piccolo kidnapped my baby Gohan and trained him in the harsh desert.

After that mess was over, I got Goku back again but he was all beat up and is trapped in a body cast. Gohan didn't help much when he decided to leave for Planet Namek. Looking back, I could see now that Gohan loved Piccolo very much and felt so guilty about his death.

When Goku finally recovered, he didn't bothered to say goodbye to me. Instead, he just flew off on his cloud and I haven't seen him again for another two years.

After Goku finally came back, he had to train again for some androids and then after Cell, I haven't seen him again for seven years.

It was a cruel endless cycle for me. Goku would come back but then he would leave for years on end. I grew worried when Goku finally came back to me after so long. I grew worried the cycle will start and Goku will have to leave me again to fight some damn enemy.

It didn't happen yet and so after a few years, I relaxed. Goku had been staying around more often. He helped me with the chores and even sold fish on the market for money. He was acting like a real husband for a change and I loved it.

But, lately, I had been feeling like something was wrong. At first, I thought it was paranoia since Goku had been acting more like the husband I dreampt about. Then, this feeling grew and plagued me. He had been leaving several times to Capsule Corps for some reason. He had also been using the Flying Nimbus rather than just teleportation.

A normal woman would think that her husband is having an affair but I don't think so. Goku and I share a rapport of sorts from the time we spent together. I know how he thinks and feel most of the time. He seemed more tired than before, and his appetite seemed smaller. I grew worried but I don't know why.

Finally, Goku came to me one bright day. He seemed so distant and hesitant. More hesitant than the time he told me about the androids and the possible heart disease. He gazed at me for the longest time like he was remembering how I looked at that moment. I was scared for him. Goku was going to tell me some bad news. What was it? Another enemy threatening the world? Some alien that had it for Saiyans that will kill us all again?

Goku finally put his hands on my shoulders and told me that there is no enemy. He held me like he was afraid I might run away. He talked about the times he had been training and how he trained to save me and the world. He appologized to me for going off all those times. I was confused. Then, he told me about how Saiyans were supposed to age slower than Humans but he was different. My heart stilled as Goku explained about how his power and the techniques had hastened his aging. Dr. Briefs told him that if he slowed down and not teleport, he could live for another twenty or maybe thirty years.

I was stunned. No, I was completely shocked. I didn't know how to react. Goku, my sweet powerful Goku, is going to die of old age sooner than me. It was strange and yet comforting. I always thought I will be an old hag while Goku will remain young and handsome. Now, we will grow old together like I always dreampt. Yet, I was scared. I never thought of Goku and me growing old together. Goku wasn't supposed to die before me of old age.

I stared at him as he stared back. He was so anxious in his eyes. He whispered to me, "Everything will be all right." I just smiled slightly and hold him. I can feel that he was scared, not just his aging faster than me now but how I and the others will react.

He collapsed into my arms as I gently rocked him whispering, "I know."

We didn't say anything else as we hold each other. All this time we had, we didn't need to say what we feel. I still don't know how I feel about this revelation. I do know that Goku needs me and I will be there for him till the end.

*****

Chi Chi sighed as she closed her journal and hid it in her mattress. It wasn't the most secure place in the world but she trusted her family.

She gazed at Goku's sleeping form. He had been sleeping more lately and while it bothered her before, she understood completely. Goku needed his rest more than ever. He looked so peaceful and still so Goku. She could watch him sleep forever.

Goku opened his eyes and looked up at her. He smiled as he got up and yawned. "What time is it?" He muttered.

"Six o'clock."

"Huh?" Goku jerked up. "Already?! Oh man..." He moaned as he hit his head.

"It's okay... I just woke up myself." Chi Chi stretched and leaned next to her husband. "It's normal to sleep late once in a while."

"I know." Goku groaned as he stretched as well and felt a few bones popped. "Ow... oh... more bones... I don't like this feeling."

"It's called aging. Get used to it." Chi Chi quiped as she smirked.

"You are enjoying this aren't you?" Goku teased as he ran his hand down her face.

"I'm growing older too..." Chi Chi sighed as she looked down. "We do need to tell Gohan and Goten and the others soon... you can't hide this forever."

"I know... that's why I told you first. I thought, you deserved to know first... but... oh Chi Chi... I don't know how the others will handle this. They always see me as the strongest, as their only hope when the world is in danger. They never expect me to change." Goku looked down. "To..."

"We're... only mortal. Even the strongest warrior in the universe must age, must change." Chi Chi gently kissed him on the neck. "We are all aging. We all die permanently some day."

"I know... that's why I won't cheat this. No Dragon Balls, no senzu beans, no gadgets from Bulma, just me and my will." Goku vowed as he whispered.

"And me. You won't do this without me." Chi Chi said as she grasped his hands and held them.

"And you." Goku corrected as he smiled and kissed her hands. "I'll tell Gohan, Goten, Pan, and Videl today... and the others tomarrow. They will understand right?"

"They will understand and respect your decision." Chi Chi reminded as she stood up and held out her hand. "Come on, Goku... let's get some breakfast."

"Yeah... I'm starving." Goku laughed as he got up and took her hand.

To Be Continued...