Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Brake The Chains of Heartache ❯ The Plot ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four- The Plot

"Abednego! Meshach! Shadrach! Get out! Get out all three of you!" Jennifer shouted, trying to shoo her three cats from her room. Six pairs of eyes just stared back indifferently at her. Abednego was a solid black short furred, leopard looking cat with gold eyes. Meshach was a white furred Siamese with cream tips and greenish eyes, Shadrach was a gray and white stripped tabby with blue-gray eyes. The three stayed and watched as Jennifer brushed her hair.

Since she was getting ready for the fair she had on semi-baggy black jeans, a purple long sleeved sweater with the slogan `I'm Happy' on it in black, and a blue windbreaker. After brushing her hair she put a CD in a big boom box in the living room and turned up the volume halfway, which was loud enough to drown out the ears but not so loud that it would disturb the people below. Jennifer was nervous, she had only met these people that afternoon and she had given them her address. She was also excited, she loved the fair and disparately wanted to show off by going on the fastest and most exciting thrill rides.

For Jennifer, nervousness and excitement meant only one thing. She'd dance around with her cats singing out to relax herself. "So glad we almost made it! So sad they had to end it! Everybody wants to rule the world!"

So when Brolly, Trunks, and Goten finally arrived she had gotten all the nervousness out of her system and was now just plain excited. *thunk, thunk, thunk* Trunks rapped on the door three times and then stepped back. From inside they heard Jennifer shout, "If you're Ian, SCRAM YOU DOLT! If you're anyone else, the door's unlocked."

Timidly the three came in to see an amazing sight, there where three cats staring at them suspiciously and all at once the Siamese yowled so loudly Goten had to cover his ears. "Meshach! I know there's someone there! You don't have to tell the whole floor!"

Jennifer emerged from the kitchen with three glass bowls balanced carefully on her right arm, from where Trunks stood he recognized what was on it, tuna fish salads. Where they for them? His mouth watered and then stared in shock as Jennifer put the three bowls on the table and the three cats jumped to it and started to gobble it down. She then turned to face her guests, "I'm all ready. Shall we be headed out now?" Trunks nodded and she smiled warmly, trailing behind them.

They had walked halfway down the street when Jennifer asked, "Where did you park anyway?"

"Park? What's that?" Brolly asked.

"You know? Where did you put your car? How are we going to get to the fair? It's thirty miles outside of the city." She said crossing her arms looking at them incredulously.

Trunks grinned evilly and said, "We use a different mode of transportation. Do you mind being carried?"

"What? No. But to where?" she asked a little critically.

"Brolly, pick her up will you? We're going to fly there." Before she could protest, she was hefted up bridal style and suddenly they were up off the ground. They weren't coming back down either. She sealed her eyes shut, her heart pounding wildly and her voice caught in her throat blocking the scream that wanted to escape.

Brolly's voice spoke from above her saying, "Don't be so scared. I won't drop you." She swallowed her choked scream and breathed deeply to calm her pulse. She opened her eyes and dared to look down. They were several hundred yards up in the air and were flying roughly around 60 miles per hour.

She then looked up at Brolly, who was looking into the sky with a look of concentration on his face. "Are you alright?"

He switched his gaze to look into her eyes and smiled replying, "I'm fine. I was just trying to remember some things."

"Remember? What do you mean?"

"I've lost most of my memories. I don't remember anything much except for a few places I've been. I want to know more about me though, so I'm trying to remember."

"That's terrible! How did you lose your memories? Where you in an accident?" Jennifer asked looking at him compassionately.

"I'm not sure. The last thing I remember was fighting a group of people. Everything before that is hazy."

"I'm sure you'll remember all you need." Brolly half smiled and looked into the distance.

The moment froze and a golden fist slammed into the locked image of Jennifer in Brolly's arms. "Damn it and devil take! Blast that trollop!" an English-Irish accented voice muttered darkly. An angry gleam in his dark cobalt eyes flared.

"Why so hostile, Andromeda? She's only a human." A gold skinned girl with ridiculously long copper red hair asked as she hovered slightly overhead.

"It isn't fair, Nova! Just because our ancestors promised to grant petty wishes to those pathetic mortals doesn't mean we should have to be bound to that law." He raked his fingers threw his flipped back copper and black hair. "That planet isn't even in my galaxy!"

"You may not agree but you know the law." Nova said swaying back and forth like a swing in a gentle breeze, "All those eons ago our great, great grandmother wanted to help the Milky Way Galaxy. We are also in an ALLIANCE with them! Just because your peeved about granting one silly little wish does not mean you should go about plotting against everyone."

"I'm not plotting against EVERYONE. Just the little human and her stupid Saiyan boyfriend." He replied defensively.

"You won't do a thing to them! As your older sister and RIGHTFUL protector of the Andromeda Galaxy I say you are acting selfishly and childishly."

"Nova, Nova, Nova. You may be the rightful ruler, but the masses favor me." He glared at his twin angrily and growled, "Therefore *I* have their undying support. So back away from this problem before I charge you with treason."

She gave him a disapproving look and said, "If you do you will regret it. You receive what you sow, brother, and at the moment you are sowing seeds of hatred into Earth's soil."

"Please. Who would hate a face this innocent." To demonstrate he gave, indeed, a face that could win over a rampaging mastodon. The face switched to cold indifference and he called, "Guards! Come at once!"

Five burly guards marched into the room and kneeled before Andromeda. "Sir, yes sir!" they called simultaneously.

"Remove Nova from my presence. Constrict her to the deepest most guarded dungeon." The guards looked shocked and looked from their boss to his sister and back with a look of perplexity in their eyes. "That was an ORDER!" they jumped and scrambled to arrest Nova.

"Sorry, Princess." One muttered as they left the room escorting her to the dungeon.

After they left Andromeda sat back and grinned evilly, "Just you wait, Nova. Now that I have this galaxy under my rule, others are next. But I need that human gone. A human who shares a soul with a Saiyan would be a horrible thing to encounter as I take over. She needs to be gone, along with the Legendary One. Then NO ONE will be able to stand in my way. Not even Goku." He sat back, with his grin set wider. "Heheh. All will fall at my feet! I will be the ultimate ruler of the universe in all planes, living and death!"

At the fair Jennifer glared apprehensively and the stocky man before her, "Go away, woman. This isn't your type of game." She looked at the game titled, Superman. The object was to hit a platform as hard as possible to ring up a score. Scores where from Kitten and Pansy all the way up to Hercules and Superman.

"I'll do it anyway." She grabbed the hammer while Trunks, Goten and Brolly watched from the line. She hefted it up overhead and brought it down with such force the platform hummed. *Bin* she looked at the score, the third highest you could get, Goliath. The man scowled and passed her a tiny, dingy looking teddy bear.

"What's up with this? The last guy hit ten points and you tossed out one of those." She pointed at a jumbo fuzzy looking red stuffed mammoth.

"I just don't like you." He smirked.

"Why, you… I outta-" she clenched her fist, but Goten and Trunks yelled, "Us next! Us next!"

"Step out of the line lady, I've got real customers now." She growled and walked over to a bench by the concession stands and sat down glaring at innocent passer-bys. A minute later a giant blue teddy bear, a yellow cat, and a purple stuffed monkey were passed into her arms.

"Huh? What's all this?" she asked the three sheepish Saiyans before her.

"Well we saw what that man did…" Trunks started

"So we decided to take some revenge…" Goten added

"He called me up first, and I almost broke the bell…"

"Me too, but Brolly hit it straight into orbit…"

"I told him he'd better give us good stuff…"

"Yeah, cause he was mean to you…"

"So here you are!" they finished together.

"Um, thank you?" she said and smiled, "You guys are great. I really mean it. I'm going to have to meet the rest of your family sometime. Brolly and your Dad are brothers right?" she asked Goten.

"I'm not sure. I found Trunks and Goten taking care of me when I woke up this morning. We were in a hollow tree." Brolly answered.

"Uh…no. He's more of a… close family friend." Goten answered scratching the back of his head nervously as Trunks chuckled.

"That's nice. Well I've got morning classes tomorrow, I'm thinking we should head out now. Who's carrying me this time?" she finished sounding a little excited.

"Brolly, you two seem to like each other alright. That is unless you protest." Trunks said looking toward Brolly.

"Not at all." Brolly answered. They left the fairgrounds and flew off into the night. But a darkness loomed in the back of Jennifer's mind. The first roots of Andromeda's plans set in her mind as questions about Brolly and his `nephews' popped up. What was truth? She felt like she was being left out in a major detail. What was up with the kids Trunks and Goten? If Brolly was a good friend of their families, where were their families? Was Brolly and the kids all that they seemed? How did two kids almost brake a game designed after the punching machine of the World Martial Arts Tournament? Jennifer shook the questions away. To many questions and not enough answers would make her irritated.