Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Brake The Chains of Heartache ❯ The Strange and The Boring ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6, The Strange and Boring

Brolly flew, contented, in the direction that Jennifer pointed. This was the third time he'd carried her. He liked to hold her, it made him feel happy. He glanced down to look at her, she had her eyes shut to seal the whooshing wind out. Jennifer was a tall woman with shoulder length tri-brown-colored hair. She had large sad eyes and a delicate chin. Her nose was button-like and made her look younger then she acted. "How old are you?" he asked curiously.

She opened her eyes to look at him and answered, "I just turned twenty six about a month ago. What about you?"

"I'm not sure. I think I'm about thirty. Remember, I lost a lot of my memories."

"Ah, yes." She smiled and her eyes glimmered a little. Brolly had to take in a breath. Her eyes were so deep and emotion filled. It seemed as though her soul was peeking back at him. They were as multi-hued as the ocean, dark blue with a splash of green, with gold framing the pupil like frost on a windowsill. She looked away and Brolly frowned, disappointed. He liked her eyes. They didn't hide things from him. Jennifer flushed pink for a moment. His eyes where so dark and deep. Like polished onyx reflecting a night sky. Even though he was mysterious, his eyes where so open to her. It was as if she could see into his soul. She knew he was telling her the truth.

"You can land over there. We'll have to walk a few blocks but I'm pretty sure you're okay with that."

"That is correct." He landed in a grove of trees where no one was watching. Together they stepped onto the sidewalk and headed for her English class. They where halfway there when a short girl with long loosely curled hair ran up to Jennifer and hugged her tightly.

"Jen!" she happily shouted.

"Toei!" Jennifer smiled.

Toei waved, "Hi!"

"Hi!"

"Hi!"

"Hi!"

"Hi!"

"Hi!"

"Who's that?"

"Toei, this is my new friend, Brolly. Brolly, this is my best friend and roommate, Toei."

"Hi, Brolly."

"Hello, Toei."

"Hi!"

"…I've already said hello to you."

"But with friends you have to say it three times." Brolly creased his eyes at her. She sure was strange. But she did bring out a side to Jennifer that made her more… silly then usual. Toei's hair was golden with an artificial purple shine in it. She only came up to his stomach. She looked really familiar.

He suddenly remembered where he'd seen her, "You are that woman from that clothing shop."

"And you're that foreign guy!"

Jennifer rose an eyebrow, "You've met? Where?"

"He came into my work yesterday. Well it was good to see you, Jen. I'm off to class. See you later today okay?"

"Alright, I'll see you!" she waved to the bundle of energy that ran off down the sidewalk.

"What a strange female…" Brolly observed out loud.

Jennifer laughed and said, "Yes, but aren't all females strange to guys?"

"Well most of them are. But you aren't so strange. You seem pretty normal to me."

Jennifer was about to contradict him when she saw something she did not want to run into just before class, "Brolly, Can we hurry and make it look like we're not rushing. I want to avoid that gossip herd if possible."

Brolly nodded and took her hand, "Don't let go." was his only instruction as he started to walk faster. He practically lifted Jennifer off her feet as they came to a stop at the doors of a building. "We're here, and I believe we avoided the herd."

"Jenny!" a chorus of feminine voices spoke up.

"My name's Jennifer. What do you want Jennet." Jennifer said with a cross look on her face. The girls where all the same height and body shape, and all but one girl had natural blond hair, one was with dyed black hair.

She stepped out from the group and smiled in a sickly sweet matter, "Jenny, darling who is this?"

"Just don't answer her." Jennifer told him.

"That man does not have to take orders from a little trailer trash rat like you. What's your name, Hon?"

Brolly glared coldly at the woman, "Jennifer is not trash, bitch. She is a wonderful lady that does not have to take crap from underlings."

Jennet only looked slightly put off, "You don't have to take her defense you know. Besides, I'm only looking out for your health, Jenny here is a psycho after all."

"Shut up Jennet, I am not a psycho!"

"I went to high school with you. You are a psycho." She turned to Brolly and began to gloat, "She was seventeen when it happened. She hospitalized six hockey players."

"Go away Jennet, before I DO go insane. Your presence in itself is annoying. You talking is just making it worse."

Jennet continued to ignore her and addressed Brolly scandalously, "I can always tell when a man has experience. Why this man would want to have anything to do with a child-like no nothing like yourself is beyond my understanding."

Jennifer's eyes clicked wide open in embarrassed shock, then they focused into pure white fury, "Everything is beyond your understanding, you damned slut! Now get out of my face before I decide to hurt you!" With a smirk and a wink in Brolly's direction she did leave, while Jennifer sent a smoldering hot glare of fury at her.

"God, I hate that! She always has to ruin my day." Jennifer muttered.

"How did she ruin your day?" Brolly asked as they stepped into a big auditorium.

"It's hard to explain. Ever since my childhood I've disliked her. She annoys me and gets me so ticked off. Whenever I see her all this anger just rises up inside me wanting to explode. She adds to the annoyance by being a devil to me. So now that I've seen her I'll be miserable for the rest of the day." Jennifer finished slumping down into her seat and putting her chin in her palm.

Brolly sat down next to her and said, "Well, I trust you won't feel miserable for long right?"

"Actually I don't feel so annoyed at her today. I was just annoyed that she was hitting on you. It's not that weird for her though, she does it to everyone."

"Good morning class." A middle aged graying man addressed the class in an even dull tone, "Today we will be reviewing Overcoming Writer's Block. If you have trouble coming up with ideas, leave your writing and think about your story while you are doing other things. Keep a notebook with you so that you can jot down ideas as they occur to you. Have someone ask questions about your story. Your answers can supply detail. If you have trouble organizing your ideas, ask yourself whether your ideas seem to follow a chronological, spatial, cause-and-effect, or progressive order. Check to see if instead of an organization problem, you really only lack transitional devices that signal how your ideas relate to one another and flow one to the next. My TA will take the lesson from here."

A young man with thin framed glasses came forward, "After shaping a topic, you can begin writing your essay. So you pour yourself a cold drink, empty the last of the potato chips into a bowl, and push the clutter on your desk to the side. You get comfortable, reach for some fresh paper, and begin-and idea after idea tumbles forth as you write your first draft, right? Yes, if you are lucky enough to be inspired. No, if the inspiration is too busy helping the redhead in the third row bother you. All writers, not just students, experience writer's block…"

Jennifer was listening with rapt attention when Brolly tapped her lightly on the arm, "What is it?"

"I'm bored."

Jennifer sighed and motioned for him to lean in after he did she whispered, "Well if you want you can go outside and wait for me at the park across the street. I'll be in here for an hour though."

"Alright, I'll see you then." With that he stood and left the building.